Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2x12 "Silly Love Songs" Watch and Discussion Thread

+3
ColferInspired
Ranwing
Jellyrolls
7 posters

Go down

2x12 "Silly Love Songs" Watch and Discussion Thread Empty 2x12 "Silly Love Songs" Watch and Discussion Thread

Post  Jellyrolls 2/10/2013, 10:14 am

Episode description from the DVD:

Not only do things not go as planned, but hearts wind up broken when New Directions sets up a kissing booth for Valentine's Day.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

2x12 "Silly Love Songs" Watch and Discussion Thread Empty Re: 2x12 "Silly Love Songs" Watch and Discussion Thread

Post  Jellyrolls 2/10/2013, 11:08 am

That didn't look like candy that Puck gave Lauren. It was chocolate covered Oreos.

It's so funny seeing the girls swoon over Finn. Cory did such a good job on that scene. He made it campy but didn't over do it.

The Kurt and Blaine scene was cute, but I have to sy that ou'd think a hopeless romantic like Kurt would love Valentine's Day. Chris' expressions in this scene are so good. When Blaine talks about it being nice to say I'm in love with you, I love the subtle movement with the face and expressions--you can almost feel the butterflies in Kurt's stomach at the thought that Blaine could be that romantic (too bad he was never really that romantic), and the hope that it's him.

I love Mercedes expressions when Finn is giving his litte speech. It was great t see everyone call Santana out on her bitchy behavior.

I always hated seeing Kurt draw the Kurt and Blaine heart. I know he's a hopeless romantic, but he wouldn't be that silly.

I love Kurt's litte speech in the Warbler's room. I love the expression when he said, "We had a cat thrown at us in a nursing home once. " And the expression of shock when he realized Blaine wasn't in love with him. No one can do shock like Chris Colfer.

Kurtcedes Hummelberry slumber party. wub wub wub wub I love the don't sit on the pizza line. hehe.

Fat Bottomed girls was a good song for Puck. Mark did a great job n it. Mark really has a nice stage presence

OK, so Quinn is the only girl who won't kiss Finn? Did I just imagine the kiss at the end of the last episode?

Finn is cut from the same cloth as Blaine. If you cheat on Finn (or Blaine), it's bad. But if Finn (or Blaine) are the cheater, it's OK. I always hate that the make Finn be so vocal when people cheat on him, but then they have him actively pursing someone he knows is dating someone else.

PYT was a great song for Kevin, but the best part is when Finn yells "Tenderoni" at the end.

I don't know what Santana was thinking picking a fight with Lauren.

The best part of the Gap Attack was watching Kurt's expressions. Everyone loved Blaine, of course they did Blaine. I love Kurt's comment about Jeremiah's hair. And Kurt's smirk at the end of the scene. Priceless.

Blaine, you (and the actor who portrays you) make a fool out of yourself on a regular basis.

Yes, Blaine, you are clueless. Kurt has been nice and firty with you from the start. You oblivious moron (though inretrospect I wish you stayed oblivious pemanently).

My Funny Valentine is a pretty song. I hate that they made Tina go all crazy on it

Rachel's conversation with Finn was so bad. Did you kiss her? Did you see fireworks when you kiss me?

Fireworkis my favorite non-Broadway Rachel song.

Kurt is so adorable in the Breadstix scene. I love when he goes to hug Mercedes and Rachel. And his I love you too them.

Silly Love Song used to be my favorite Blaine song, and now I can't even stomach listening to it.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

2x12 "Silly Love Songs" Watch and Discussion Thread Empty Re: 2x12 "Silly Love Songs" Watch and Discussion Thread

Post  Ranwing 2/10/2013, 11:10 am

Amazing when you look back on Blaine's obliviousness in regards to the feelings of others all the way back then. Nice to see that nothing has changed. suspectt
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/10/2013, 12:29 pm

Yes Blaine really hasn't grown all, has he?
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/11/2013, 3:44 am

This is the episode that killed Klaine for me and made me hate Blaine.
Many jumped this ship that were diehard Kurt fans in the Klaine thread.
This is the episode that started the infestation of Blarren stans in that thread and why the show is crap today except for Kurt/Chris.
It had it good moments, but I can't watch this episode without cringing.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  mae55 2/11/2013, 7:06 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Yes Blaine really hasn't grown all, has he?

No, he's digressed more each time they "de-aged" him. My favorite Blaine is when he was first introduced, older, classy and very perceptive of Kurt's feelings. neutre I still liked Blaine after they knocked the first year off his age Rolling Eyes (somewhere around the Silly Love Songs point thru the end of season 2), making him the same age as Kurt and planning to go to NY with Rachel (and Finn) in a year after graduation. While I still don't hate Blaine the way some of you seem to (some of his fans though... vomit2 ), once they made him a year younger, totally oblivious and completely dorky, it's become harder to care. :(
mae55
mae55
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 2/13/2013, 4:02 am

I liked that Puck, the uber bad ass of Glee, found a challenging, strong woman attractive. He didn't judge her on her physicality. Lauren was a strong character until this season, when suddenly she not only didn't graduate, she became a loser. What happened to her wrestling scholarship?

Finn, yep, cheating on him bad, cheating with him, good. Kind of sad.

Blaine was cutely oblivious, and a total romantic. I liked Kurt's friendship with him, seems to long ago that I really liked it. When Kurt felt so hopeful, and Blaine's hair was not a gelmet yet. I mean really, sharing a valentine's day cookie with another guy, the cluelessness is amazing.

Tina and Mike, before Tina was destroyed in this most recent storyline.

Finn's ego, OMG. Kissing booth, he deserved mono.

I liked it that Lauren called Santana a bitch, because she is always insulting people. Then everyone joined in, when Santana is insulted, she has to go and cry. She says it is honest, but I still think it is cruel. Too bad no one else was brave enough to encounter Santana solo, they all have to team up like the bullies they hate.

Poor Kurt, thinking he was joining to be getting a major romantic moment, and then not so much. Chris is so good in this episode, wistful, hopeful, ticked off, snarky. I miss the original warblers, before their lemming mentality brought them low. "You mock us, Sir" While Blaine is oblivious, he still has a bit of dapperness.

The Hummelberry Jones sleepover. I don't get it, on Glee duets means love, don't those two girls know that!! Kurt had every right by those standards to believe Blaine was interested. If only he could see into the future, and realize it would take this, and kissing Rachel, and having his bird die, to get Blaine to notice him. Would he have waited?

Puck did a great job with Fat Bottomed Girls, despite it being inappropriate. What he didn't realize is that while he doesn't care about her physicality, most girls are a bit sensitive about their weight. Mr. Schue realizing the bad choice Puck made, the girls realizing whom Puck was singing too. Tina, Quinn and Brittney got into the song, the other girls were kind of WTF? Santana pre-lesbian sulk, some good expressions.

At least Finn did have the decency to brush his teeth regularly. It was pathetic though, his encouraging Quinn to cheat. Sam was not the smartest guy, he wants Quinn to kiss Finn to prove she doesn't care. Okay. He did know about her desire to be Queen Bee. Rachel confessing she still loves him, yes, Mercedes talk didn't last long. Then Finn brings up the cheating, and gives her a gift, just can't make up his mind. Maybe he is bipolar?

Santana, what were you thinking, threatening Lauren, who is big and on the wrestling team, with your skinny ass? Kind of pathetic. I liked that Puck was turned on by her toughness, and not just because she was fighting over him.

It was nice that Mike thought his girlfriend was rad. On Glee you get a lot of people giving compliments to their s.o.'s but they don't really tell anyone else how they feel. Makes you realize, especially in season 3, how insular the stories were.

Santana spending Puck's money, how incredibly rude. Then she moves in to other people's apartment, it really is all about her. I guess being rude is keeping it real.

Finn seeing Fireworks, OMG, and then Quinn is immediately ready to two-time her nice boyfriend.

Kurt was such a good friend, he encouraged Blaine to do what he wanted, even if he was completely stupid. The performance was fun, nice break from the choir room or stage. Loved Kurt's bitch face. Too bad that song cost a nice person his job, but that is okay, because having Blaine sing to you is worth it. Makes you wonder why did he have coffee with a high schooler in the first place. Blaine is ready to dream about marriage after two coffee dates. And the girls wonder that Kurt thought Blaine was into him, lots of coffee dates, duets. Considering he was asking Jeremiah out after two cups of coffee, he should be thinking about adoption with Kurt.

Santana's cheating radar. Borrowing mono germs was actually hilarious, and then giving them to Finn, and mentioning contagious after the kiss.

Puck being confused about being in the library, was kind of funny. I actually liked Puck and Lauren very much. This was when I really was changing my mind about Puck, whom I couldn't stand when he was in Quinn's storyline.

Quinn confronting Finn about her being a cheater, and him equating cheating with meaning they don't love him enough, to not hurt him.

Kurt's brave confession, I was so proud of him at that moment. He didn't play games, like all the other people in the episodes. Thiss is when I really wanted Klaine, because they were honest with each other, and I wanted to see that honest relationship in this show of mix and match makeouts. Blaine confessing he's never had a boyfriend, and that he isn't good at romance. Too bad his desire to not screw it up never lasted a separation.

Too bad that Kurt didn't get to do the lead singing in front of his own damn friends, although I really liked his introduction, and his hearting the girls.

Funny with Tina's sad, sad song I remember hoping to hear her actually finish a song, and wanted to know more about her. Be careful what you wish for on Glee.

Quinn, makes out with Puck-gets pregnant, makes out with Finn-gets mono
Spoiler:

I do think that Finn was going to tell Rachel he saw fireworks with her as well, he had a half smile of reminiscing, but she cut him off to have her angry Fireworks song.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/13/2013, 7:46 am

It's amazing how the knowledge of future episodes colors the re-viewing of previous episodes in hindsight. fanny2
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 2/13/2013, 12:45 pm

I, for one, loved seeing everyone call Santana out on her BS. Yes, they all ganged up on her....but maybe they were too scared to face her down solo because she does have a habit of going after people in every way....verbally, emotionally, mentally, and yes, even physically. She is intimidating. You know what they say....strength in numbers. Sometimes, all it takes is one person to stand up to a bully, and then others have the courage to do so also. This was LONG overdue. It's a double standard how she can say whatever the hell she wants to, but then CRIES when her ugly behavoir is handed back to her. "Brutal honesty" is a two way street and if you can't take it, don't dish it out. I also loved seeing Lauren put her in her place and showing her that she's not all that. After assaulting others without a care in the world, I love seeing her get her ass handed to her. I wonder how she liked the payback? Karma is a bitch, maybe even a bigger bitch than Santana. Sooner or later, those who like to pick on others and play "push and shove" will pick the wrong person to play that game with.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down