Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4

+28
angelnessa
Piciollina
jaime20
TimF
bayth
MoviesAreLife
Ireth
ladydianab
Jellyrolls
coxfire
arina
ChrisColferFan1
fantastica
brisallie
Delight
AnneNeville
tanita_mors
ColdFlame96
Ranwing
Divalicious
sheny
ColferInspired
Georgette888
Buenos
Kurt Hummel
valkeakuulas
Lottie2303
Glorfindel
32 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4 - Page 21 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4

Post  fantastica 10/20/2013, 1:43 pm

deep in the subconscious mind of society it's hard for kurt to be visioned as a man on his own: he's gay so he is always going to be the supporting element for his straight and mainstream friends; as part of the gay couple he's fem so he's always in the shadow of the other. i hate this mentality but somehow hollywood is reflecting that view and in a sense reinforce it.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4 - Page 21 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4

Post  ChrisColferFan1 10/20/2013, 2:33 pm

I don't care what opinion wins as long as it is not the marriage one.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 10/20/2013, 3:21 pm

I havent't read the options in the poll yet but from what I understand from this discussion Kurt gets to choose from being supporting actor on Broadway or going back to Lima and one of Blaine's option is the president of the USA? Not that it is anything frong with being supporting actor but really did they have to specify that he would be supporting while Blaine gets president option?
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 10/20/2013, 3:30 pm

Blaine is also the only one with no negative option to vote for. Honestly, I think they did it with purpose as it would be really telling how many actually feel about Blaine.

The Kurt options are ridicolous. But also the overall theme, you can only either be successful at business OR have a relationship. For whatever reason to have both is impossible Rolling Eyes 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 10/21/2013, 5:14 am

The TVline comment section is once again a war zone but EVERYONE is talking about Kurt. Blaine is only mentioned in connection with Klaine, but not as individual character. I think that speaks volumes that despite all effort and crazy Klaine fans, who from the two the more developed and loved character actually is.

All other characters get a little mention, if at all.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 10/21/2013, 5:25 am

Lottie2303 wrote:The TVline comment section is once again a war zone but EVERYONE is talking about Kurt. Blaine is only mentioned in connection with Klaine, but not as individual character. I think that speaks volumes that despite all effort and crazy Klaine fans, who from the two the more developed and loved character actually is.

It is sort or funny in a way.

The writers try to push Kurt into the background, but he is still one of the ones still noticed still talked about more than others.

If you have someone that is popular, you use them, you give them lots of screen time. But no they push their most unpopular ones to the forefront, and listen to a handful of the fandom that are just multiple twitter accounts that scream the loudest. :angry:
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/21/2013, 9:13 am

Lottie2303 wrote:The TVline comment section is once again a war zone but EVERYONE is talking about Kurt. Blaine is only mentioned in connection with Klaine, but not as individual character. I think that speaks volumes that despite all effort and crazy Klaine fans, who from the two the more developed and loved character actually is.

True. Kurt is almost all they talk about. Smile

I really wonder what TPTB really think of the fandom, which voices are the loudest, and to which ones will they listen in the end.

So far they have been pandering to the Klainers, so they certainly hear them and abide to their wishes, but otoh they have completely ignored the protests against the noobs and keeping McKinley alive. Although the first 3 episodes of this season Marley, Jake and Ryder were practically invisible, so there's that I suppose.
Now please kill off Blam, or send them to Nashville together, never to be seen again. suspectt
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 10/21/2013, 9:40 am

What surprises me how all other characters get dismissed. I expected much more comments about Rachel. But I guess the fact that we know her "endgame", there is nothing to discuss anyway so her really large fanbase doesn't need to participate.

But it is really all about Kurt. Also a lot of snarky and negative comments about Blaine. Of course there is also Klaine-insanity happening, but overall it is obvious how many are sick of Blaine/Klaine. I am still convinced they did give on purpose no option to see Blaine fail (what happened with all the other characters), as I believe FOX still tries to convince the GA Blaine is very popular (I bet many would have voted for the negative option). Also his options are so over-the-top, I suspect a little bit it is a very heavy wink that Blaine has no character at all and RIB could decide tomorrow for him to be a astronaut or president, and no canon could dismiss/support this decision. You couldn't say Kurt wants to be an astronaut, for instance.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/21/2013, 10:10 am

The comments are definitely amusing. It just goes to show the true colors of a lot of the Klaine fans. I mean, someone actually wrote that they want the Klaine wedding because Kurt makes Blaine happy, and they want Blaine to be happy (never mind what happens to Kurt).

You know, I kind hope RIB's ultimate plans is to mess with the Klainers in the end. Have a Klaine wedding, but then do a fast forward to five or ten years later with Kurt happily married to another guy while he's starring in a Broadway musical, and we see a bald Blaine being like season one Will--running a Glee Club somewhere trying to recapture his glory days by doing Katy Perry songs the kids aren't interested in singing.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 10/21/2013, 2:19 pm

http://metro.co.uk/2013/10/21/glee-actress-jayma-mays-i-love-to-clean-i-have-no-problem-with-it-4151738/

Why are you leaving Glee? It wasn’t my choice. The creators decided to do it. We knew it was coming last year some other characters will also be leaving this season. It’s very sad to be going but I understand why they do it. It’s about getting new blood into the show. I really enjoyed playing Emma. I don’t know how I’m written out yet – I’m so curious.

Would you prefer to be sent away on an extended holiday or be blown up in a plane crash? That’s a good idea – maybe they could send me to Cabo for a luxurious Mexican beach holiday. Can you call them and suggest it? We should shoot my last episode in Cabo. It’s nice to have finality as a viewer but, on the other hand, it’s sometimes nice to make up the story of what happened to a character yourself. As an actor, it’s nice if it’s open ended. She could come back 20 years from now, like in a soap opera.

What impact did Cory Monteith’s death have on the show? It’s been really hard. We just filmed his memorial episode and it was a very difficult thing to do. Just being there you felt the absence of a friend and co-worker. It’s been a very sad and difficult year for everyone.
I don't think anyone is shocked that not everyone leaves Glee because RM gives them the option...LOL...  I think that is what pissed him off so much with Dianna Agron, that she somehow managed to leave on her own terms.

I really thought that Matt Morrison was half way out the door on Glee, (rumors were that he had signed only a five year contract that runs out this year, but nothing has ever been confirmed) because with Jayma gone there really is no SL's for him that aren't just writing chalk board assignments on the board for the kids)
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 10/21/2013, 3:06 pm

I wonder what other characters she is talking about? And how many. I din't get why they still focus on new characters as they obviously fail, but I kind of hope Chris may be released from the contract (...and obviously I hope he will get very soon a new TV gig, maybe a la Dexter/Breaking Bad/ Sherlock. Hey, a girl can dream). But I am very, very curious. I predict it involves Matt and Jenna (which would explain the one tweet about Jenna "I choose Glee, but Glee didn't chose me")
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 10/21/2013, 3:14 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:I wonder what other characters she is talking about? And how many. I din't get why they still focus on new characters as they obviously fail, but I kind of hope Chris may be released from the contract (...and obviously I hope he will get very soon a new TV gig, maybe a la Dexter/Breaking Bad/ Sherlock. Hey, a girl can dream). But I am very, very curious. I predict it involves Matt and Jenna (which would explain the one tweet about Jenna "I choose Glee, but Glee didn't chose me")
Yes, I think Jenna is definitely out and Matt was on his way out.    Jayma may have been collateral damage if Glee and FOX agreed that Matt was going to exit this year, because she is there basically to service his SL.   I really don't think Matt is going to stay on despite Cory's death and his role is was going to be limited this year regardless.  

Would seem to me they want both Blaine and Sam in NY, which means they are going to drag out the School year as much as possible since they know gutting the choir room spells doom for it.  It doesn't look to me with all the filler episodes that there is even going to be Nationals or  Graduation before the big Winter break, which means they are going to have more filler eps  in the spring until they graduate with only a few episodes left in the season, it gives them time to introduce even more new characters at McKinley so they can somehow justify SL's there for Season 6 hoping to find breakout stars.  I think they have tacitly acknowledged that Marly/Jake/RYder/Unique are not that successful so they need more time to discover "new" stars.   I dunno, its seems like an awful lot of work for just S6 but I don't run the show.  I wonder if they are hoping against hope a new class of ND can somehow keep the show going after S6 even if all the veterans including Chris, Lea and Naya have gone by then.  FOX seems reluctant to pull the plug despite what RM says.

I'm not surprised at any of this, I sort of have developed a Zen mood about it because I realize there is only 17 months left of Glee, and I'm going to enjoy as much of my faves while they are still on the show/have screen time.  Only 17 months left on Glee for them , did I mention that?

BTW, I firmly believe no way in hell would they let Chris, Lea and Naya leave before S6,  no way/shape or form.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 10/21/2013, 5:37 pm

This year is going to be interesting because I think the GA finally "gets" what Glee is, after S4.

After all the teasing/misleading advertising last year the first two episodes brought home something very clear. Glee is 75-80 % McKinley/Blam/Noobs and 20-25 % NY characters.

Thus the 1.5 Demo for the second episode of the season.

There is no indication that ratio is changing so I full expect the Demos to stay in that range. Why should the GA think anything is going to change at this point?
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 10/21/2013, 5:41 pm

i think the rating will continue to drop, slowly at least.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 10/21/2013, 5:43 pm

fantastica wrote:i think the rating will continue to drop, slowly at least.
Yup, and it's too late to reboot the show to only NY, (not that RM ever wanted to do that)  the audience has left the building.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 10/21/2013, 5:51 pm

Miles too late. Glee is dying and without even a proper last gasp like some dying shows have. God knows where RIB's pride is. Stifled by RM's ego, I suppose.
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 10/21/2013, 6:07 pm

since we know NY won't save the show, i'd rather they don't focus on it. otherwise they can just blame NYers for their final downfall, and it would so unfair! so let them continue to push newbies and blam. i want to see the rating tank to the rock bottom. it's the only thing that still amuses me about glee (plus the cast gossip).
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 10/21/2013, 6:14 pm

Just saw this image in a Lea gifset:

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4 - Page 21 Tumblr_mv10prPR0k1rqrbllo3_250

and I think I got a little bit less straight. Lord, Rachel needs to get glasses. lol

Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 10/21/2013, 6:21 pm

is it lea or rachel?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 10/21/2013, 6:39 pm

It's Lea for a shoot fwir. But I just meant that Rachel would look hot with glasses if they co-opted this look. *g*
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 10/21/2013, 6:46 pm

Does Lea wear either glasses or contacts for vision correction?
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 10/21/2013, 7:08 pm

don't think she needs vision correction. it's just for the look.

i used to wear glasses before I had lasik surgery. now i still have the frame of my fav glasses from the past. i would wear the empty frame just for the look. it's a decorative item.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 10/21/2013, 7:12 pm

fantastica wrote:don't think she needs vision correction. it's just for the look.

i used to wear glasses before I had lasik surgery. now i still have the frame of my fav glasses from the past. i would wear the empty frame just for the look. it's a decorative item.

Okay, thank you. Did not think she needs vision correction, but was not 100% sure.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 10/21/2013, 7:18 pm

i wouldn't be surprised if murphy borrows that eye glasses idea from lea. he always steals ideas from real people.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 10/21/2013, 7:27 pm

fantastica wrote:i wouldn't be surprised if murphy borrows that eye glasses idea from lea. he always steals ideas from real people.
That is true. I would not be surprise either.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next