Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4

+28
angelnessa
Piciollina
jaime20
TimF
bayth
MoviesAreLife
Ireth
ladydianab
Jellyrolls
coxfire
arina
ChrisColferFan1
fantastica
brisallie
Delight
AnneNeville
tanita_mors
ColdFlame96
Ranwing
Divalicious
sheny
ColferInspired
Georgette888
Buenos
Kurt Hummel
valkeakuulas
Lottie2303
Glorfindel
32 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4 - Page 19 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4

Post  Jellyrolls 10/17/2013, 12:42 pm

I don't have time to put the photo and quote here, but I just came across a TV guide slide show of the best crying faces, and Chris (and Lea) are in it:

http://www.tvguide.com/special/fall-preview/PhotoGallery/TV-Crying-Faces-1072073/1072080

I think it's old, but it made me giggle, so I figured I'd share.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4 - Page 19 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4

Post  Buenos 10/17/2013, 1:03 pm

So it's official:

http://tvline.com/2013/10/17/glee-final-episode-rachel-finn-season-6-finale/

Glee cocreator Ryan Murphy has made it official: The show won’t go on beyond next season.

At a Paley Center event honoring FX Networks Wednesday night, Murphy confirmed that Season 6 will be Glee‘s last. He also revealed that Cory Monteith’s death has forced him to devise a completely different endgame.

“The final year of the show, which will be next year, was designed around Rachel and Cory/Finn’s story,” he told reporters. “I always knew that, I always knew how it would end. I knew what the last shot was – he was in it. I knew what the last line was – she said it to him. So when a tragedy like that happens you sort of have to pause and figure out what you want to do, so we’re figuring that out now.

“I have a good idea,” Murphy added. “I’m going to tell the studio and the network [in a week] how after Cory’s unfortunate passing we can end the show that I think is very satisfactory. And kind of in his honor, which I love.” (Reporting by Scott Huver)
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/17/2013, 6:05 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:I don't have time to put the photo and quote here, but I just came across a TV guide slide show of the best crying faces, and Chris (and Lea) are in it:

http://www.tvguide.com/special/fall-preview/PhotoGallery/TV-Crying-Faces-1072073/1072080

I think it's old, but it made me giggle, so I figured I'd share.
Chris Colfer, Glee

Colfer's Kurt Hummel has long been the Fox musical drama's beating heart. As Kurt struggled to come out during Season 2, Colfer's quiet tears of desperation, fear and sadness were heart-wrenching. However, you can't talk about Colfer's cry face without mentioning his performance of The Beatles' "I Want to Hold Your Hand," which Kurt performed right after his father suffered a heart attack. It left the choir room — and audiences everywhere — a blubbering mess.
Picture with the article:

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4 - Page 19 131016photo-colfer

Heh. Laughing
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/17/2013, 6:09 pm

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4 - Page 19 Tumblr_mutvrnKUpu1r4ezfzo1_1280
dreakristina I created/updated our Costume Dept, Glee cast reference sheet! My Illustrator skills from college are coming in handy!
Notice the numbers missing.....:( 
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 10/17/2013, 8:43 pm

Glorfindel wrote:General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4 - Page 19 Tumblr_mutvrnKUpu1r4ezfzo1_1280
dreakristina I created/updated our Costume Dept, Glee cast reference sheet! My Illustrator skills from college are coming in handy!
Notice the numbers missing.....:( 
The first one who came to my mind is Cory :( but I guess the others are Mark,Dianna, Harry and do I'm missing someone? But what it takes me by surprise is seeing Amber among them, she's isn't a regular now.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/17/2013, 9:19 pm

Lauren, Sugar, Joe and Rory are also missing. So is Kurofsky, Azimo and JewFro.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/17/2013, 10:08 pm

They should replace number 16 with a bottle of hair gel.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 10/17/2013, 10:32 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:They should replace number 16 with a bottle of hair gel.
ptdr
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 10/17/2013, 10:37 pm

I think all Glee now is reduced to a holding pattern until the series comes to an end.  I don't think RM really is even all that fixated in a dual narrative at this point, if he was he would graduate the Seniors ASAP in order to let the Newbies finally shine on their side of the narrative, the way he let Blam/Brittany do once he gutted the choir room at the end of S3.

Instead by maintaining BLAM as the main focus of New Directions and giving them the most songs and screen-time, (and so far this year increasing Artie focus), RM is actually deliberately slowing down the transition  of the Newbies as the  leads of McKinley.

It's a weird dynamics, he's simultaneously starving NY AND  not letting the Newbies take over their side of the narrative.  

So I figure the rest of this year is just shuffling shells to disguise the fact there is NO plan in place at all.  If the plan was truly to have Finn stay in Lima all season long then it was going to be (and will continue to be ) stand alone glee choir "fun" episodes .

Seriously , Gaga or Perry as artistic choices for the Noobs?  That would be an episode after graduation as opposed to yet another "fun filler" slowing down  bringing the school year to an end. No Nationals or Graduation in sight even after the first 6 episodes of this extended school year.  

FOX's  Reilly saying that NY was going to be taken to the next level is a joke, because RM is not interested in that at all.  He's interested in shirtless boys and random juke box musical numbers and he'll do whatever he can to have his fill of that.  If FOX is willing to indulge him they will simply maintain S4 MO.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 10/18/2013, 11:20 am

brisallie wrote:
Buenos wrote:
arina wrote:I am really happy for all of them but I wish for Kevin something more because he is just really really talented and so underused on the show.
This.

Kevin is such a gifted singer and dancer.  

Agree. And you know, even though her character is already unbearable and has been destroyed, I think I'd like to see Jenna also involved in something that's not related to Glee. From the group, shee seems to me like the one who gets less attention.
I really like Jenna. She is so sweet, and her singing voice is so lovely and beautiful...very warm and strong. And she can move well. That's two of the three "triple threat" skills right there. Wink As for her acting....well....it's a hit and a miss. The only acting scene that she actually impressed me on was the vapo-rape/sexless relationship confession scene. I thought she acted that out well. Maybe she just needs the right script and direction to pull her acting talent out of her?

I love Kevin. He's so funny and goofy and very laid back. Great singer, dancer and not a bad actor either when it comes to the Artie angst. I wish him the best.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 10/18/2013, 1:53 pm

Saw this on tumblr and it's fun to listen to baby - all of Kurts' lines in group songs.
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 10/18/2013, 2:43 pm

THIS: Ryan Murphy please read the TIME magazine website.

http://entertainment.time.com/2013/10/18/glee-ends-next-season-heres-how-it-can-end-right/

By James Poniewozik

On Wednesday, Glee creator Ryan Murphy confirmed something that had been guessed at for a while–that Glee’s sixth season will be its last–and added something that was probably evident since last summer: that with the death of Cory Monteith and the writing off of Finn, the show’s ending will have to become a very different thing. As TV Line’s Michael Ausiello wrote, Murphy said:

The final year of the show, which will be next year, was designed around Rachel and Cory/Finn’s story. I always knew that, I always knew how it would end. I knew what the last shot was – he was in it. I knew what the last line was – she said it to him. So when a tragedy like that happens you sort of have to pause and figure out what you want to do, so we’re figuring that out now.

Six seasons seems enough for Glee–more than enough, probably. Like a lot of high-school serials, it’s been showing its age, trying to keep up with its original characters while cycling in fresh blood, some of the new characters so obviously similar to the first generation that last week’s tribute to Monteith/Finn joked about it, with principal-turned-janitor Figgins saying (in reference to second-gen character Bree), “New Santana Lopez is right, Old Santana Lopez.”

With the series’ ending, Murphy planned–again, as many such serials do–to return to its beginning. And Glee, from its “Don’t Stop Believin’” beginning centered on Rachel and Finn and their love story. The loss of Monteith and Finn took that away, and much of the show’s emotional core with it.

But it could also force Glee, after a long erratic journey, to ask itself: what, beyond all the bells and whistles and Beatles-tribute episodes, is this show still about? My answer: dreams, and what they cost you, and how they are not always recognizable when they come true. And since Glee can’t close on the story of Rachel and Finn, it would make sense to refocus on the platonic, but also important and complicated, story of Rachel and Kurt.

From the first season, Rachel, Kurt, and Finn were really the triangle that supported most of the show’s emotional themes. With Rachel and Kurt–deep friends as well as intense competitors–the show was about what it was like to be young, talented, ambitious, and scared; it’s no accident that much of the best material in season 4 went to New York with the two of them. Since their first-season rivalry (the “Defying Gravity” duel in “Wheels” is still one of the show’s most memorable moments) through NYADA, they’ve fought and made up, supported and pushed each other.

They’ve often gone off on separate tracks (now Kurt even has his own engaged-too-young storyline), but on some level they knew each other better than Finn and Blaine knew them. They’re each bitten by the same bug; they each know what it is to have dreams so potent you have to chase them even when it hurts.

Glee has an impossibly large number of storylines to service now, and it’s not like Ryan Murphy is going to listen to me anyway. But I’d love to see a season six that leaves McKinley High behind as much as possible and refocuses on Rachel and Kurt beginning their adult lives in New York.

Glee could do that and still have an ending that, as Murphy says, “honors” Finn. He, after all, is a person that both of them lost—a part of their youth, their hometown, their family—on the way to becoming whatever they’re going to be. But the show’s forced change of strategy could give it a chance to end not as another teenage love story but as a show about how the arts can change lives, and how the song sometimes outlasts the singer.

Last edited by Buenos on 10/18/2013, 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 10/18/2013, 2:50 pm

Buenos wrote:THIS: Ryan Murphy please read the TIME magazine website.

http://entertainment.time.com/2013/10/18/glee-ends-next-season-heres-how-it-can-end-right/

By James Poniewozik

On Wednesday, Glee creator Ryan Murphy confirmed something that had been guessed at for a while–that Glee’s sixth season will be its last–and added something that was probably evident since last summer: that with the death of Cory Monteith and the writing off of Finn, the show’s ending will have to become a very different thing. As TV Line’s Michael Ausiello wrote, Murphy said:

The final year of the show, which will be next year, was designed around Rachel and Cory/Finn’s story. I always knew that, I always knew how it would end. I knew what the last shot was – he was in it. I knew what the last line was – she said it to him. So when a tragedy like that happens you sort of have to pause and figure out what you want to do, so we’re figuring that out now.

Six seasons seems enough for Glee–more than enough, probably. Like a lot of high-school serials, it’s been showing its age, trying to keep up with its original characters while cycling in fresh blood, some of the new characters so obviously similar to the first generation that last week’s tribute to Monteith/Finn joked about it, with principal-turned-janitor Figgins saying (in reference to second-gen character Bree), “New Santana Lopez is right, Old Santana Lopez.”

With the series’ ending, Murphy planned–again, as many such serials do–to return to its beginning. And Glee, from its “Don’t Stop Believin’” beginning centered on Rachel and Finn and their love story. The loss of Monteith and Finn took that away, and much of the show’s emotional core with it.

But it could also force Glee, after a long erratic journey, to ask itself: what, beyond all the bells and whistles and Beatles-tribute episodes, is this show still about? My answer: dreams, and what they cost you, and how they are not always recognizable when they come true. And since Glee can’t close on the story of Rachel and Finn, it would make sense to refocus on the platonic, but also important and complicated, story of Rachel and Kurt.

From the first season, Rachel, Kurt, and Finn were really the triangle that supported most of the show’s emotional themes. With Rachel and Kurt–deep friends as well as intense competitors–the show was about what it was like to be young, talented, ambitious, and scared; it’s no accident that much of the best material in season 4 went to New York with the two of them. Since their first-season rivalry (the “Defying Gravity” duel in “Wheels” is still one of the show’s most memorable moments) through NYADA, they’ve fought and made up, supported and pushed each other.

They’ve often gone off on separate tracks (now Kurt even has his own engaged-too-young storyline), but on some level they knew each other better than Finn and Blaine knew them. They’re each bitten by the same bug; they each know what it is to have dreams so potent you have to chase them even when it hurts.

Glee has an impossibly large number of storylines to service now, and it’s not like Ryan Murphy is going to listen to me anyway. But I’d love to see a season six that leaves McKinley High behind as much as possible and refocuses on Rachel and Kurt beginning their adult lives in New York.

Glee could do that and still have an ending that, as Murphy says, “honors” Finn. He, after all, is a person that both of them lost—a part of their youth, their hometown, their family—on the way to becoming whatever they’re going to be. But the show’s forced change of strategy could give it a chance to end not as another teenage love story but as a show about how the arts can change lives, and how the song sometimes outlasts the singer.
I'm an atheist but: Amen.
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 10/18/2013, 2:57 pm

some of the new characters so obviously similar to the first generation
What is amusing  is that this  Time Editorial by the critic with his measured observations in some hypothetical forums would be banned and deleted as too much "negativity".   ptdr Saying the Noobs are copies of the older characters results in howling and teeth gnashing by the ass lickers who cannot possibly see it.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 10/18/2013, 4:32 pm

the editors sound like us. but we know this is murphy's show and he likes shirtless boys and so things will go his way, not ours.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 10/18/2013, 7:14 pm

coxfire wrote:
Buenos wrote:THIS: Ryan Murphy please read the TIME magazine website.

By James Poniewozik

I'm an atheist but: Amen.
This is the best article I have seen, and agree one hundred per cent. rooots
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 10/18/2013, 7:18 pm

Wow...NBC is going to put up "The Voice" in X Factor's time slot on Thursday , Nov.  7, at 8 PM before Glee.  
NBC really has nothing beyond "The Voice" and TV shows it props up...somehow I think they are going to burn the show up with over exposure IMO.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 10/18/2013, 11:40 pm

bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 10/18/2013, 11:43 pm

That's sad. How long was on air?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 10/18/2013, 11:51 pm

brisallie wrote:
That's sad. How long was on air?
No sure, but only a few episodes. Less than a full season.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/19/2013, 1:01 am

That's too bad it got cancelled. It was OK, but not great. Maybe Burt can be redeemed and talk some sense into his kid.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 10/19/2013, 2:04 am

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4 - Page 19 Tumblr_muvta2QeVX1r4ezfzo1_500
General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4 - Page 19 Tumblr_muvta2QeVX1r4ezfzo2_r1_500
General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4 - Page 19 Tumblr_muvta2QeVX1r4ezfzo3_r1_500

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 10/19/2013, 3:18 am

i bet it's that box scene isn't it?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 10/19/2013, 3:35 am

fantastica wrote:i bet it's that box scene isn't it?
If is I won't be   watching. I do not care for  Klaine scenes. So ,if it is I won't be watching  for sure.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 10/19/2013, 3:59 am

they are so desperate for fan attention now. they know many fans are slipping away. glee is slipping faster than ever. klaine is one of their last straws.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next