Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Main Thread

+23
Ranwing
glimmerle
AnneNeville
bayth
MissSoniaPP
Georgette888
ColdFlame96
Delight
arina
Ireth
brisallie
Divalicious
valkeakuulas
ChrisColferFan1
sahhar
sheny
Lottie2303
ColferInspired
tanita_mors
Glorfindel
MoviesAreLife
fantastica
Jellyrolls
27 posters

Page 6 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next

Go down

The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Main Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Main Thread

Post  MoviesAreLife 5/15/2013, 1:10 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:I wonder if people can get this book slightly earlier than it's release date like last year?

Maybe if we're super nice fans, Chris might reward us. Smile

When are we ever not nice? Wink

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Main Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Main Thread

Post  ColdFlame96 5/15/2013, 1:23 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:I wonder if people can get this book slightly earlier than it's release date like last year?

Well, anytime Blarren's name is mentioned.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 5/15/2013, 1:28 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:

Well, anytime Blarren's name is mentioned.

Oh, yeah. Oops. uhuhu

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/17/2013, 6:31 am

The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Main Thread - Page 6 Tumblr_mmxa2cIqDH1qe476yo1_500
The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Main Thread - Page 6 Tumblr_mmxa2cIqDH1qe476yo2_500
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 5/17/2013, 10:50 am

I cannot get over that cover art. So beautiful. wub

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/22/2013, 11:58 pm

The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Main Thread - Page 6 Tumblr_mn804dc9qy1qe476yo1_500
hrhchriscolfer: Just was sent the #TLOS2 case cover… It’ll leave a dent in the floor fo’ sho’!

That is just gorgeous. The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Main Thread - Page 6 413578547
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/23/2013, 12:22 pm

ColferInspired wrote:The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Main Thread - Page 6 Tumblr_mn804dc9qy1qe476yo1_500
hrhchriscolfer: Just was sent the #TLOS2 case cover… It’ll leave a dent in the floor fo’ sho’!

That is just gorgeous. The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Main Thread - Page 6 413578547

Do you have to reserve a ticket for the book signings or is it a "come-one-come-all" sort of thing?
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 5/23/2013, 4:30 pm

God, I hope he comes to Denver this time around. I know the perfect place he can come for his signing too...not yours typical Barnes and Noble, but a local chain of bookstores that are exclusive to the state called "The Tattered Cover".

I just love bookstores. The smell of coffee and the "fresh book smell". I like the smell of the pages. (creepy, I know). I swear, libraries, bookstores and movie theaters (video stores no longer seem to exist) are my homes away from home.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/30/2013, 6:35 pm

The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Main Thread - Page 6 Tumblr_mnmnd3bvEf1r8c0tqo1_500
At BEA: No ARCs at Little, Brown today. But I did find this 2-sided postcard. The other side is the cover of the book. Let me know if you want me to type the text out when I get home tonight.
tumblr

So excited..... panik
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/30/2013, 11:10 pm

Glorfindel wrote:The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Main Thread - Page 6 Tumblr_mnmnd3bvEf1r8c0tqo1_500
At BEA: No ARCs at Little, Brown today. But I did find this 2-sided postcard. The other side is the cover of the book. Let me know if you want me to type the text out when I get home tonight.
tumblr

So excited..... The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Main Thread - Page 6 3807735071

OMG, I want this book now.

That was so exciting and brilliantly written. But now I want more.

I can understand barely felt her injuries without him having to write about a rush of adrenaline.

I knew that was what he meant.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/30/2013, 11:31 pm

Glorfindel wrote:The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Main Thread - Page 6 Tumblr_mnmnd3bvEf1r8c0tqo1_500
tumblr

So excited..... panik

Just from reading this excerpt, I can already see improvement. His sentences have smoother transitions and flow much better. Not to mention, if this is the beginning of the book, it immediately grabs my attention, which is one thing I've always loved from books. He's already got me hooked, so if he can keep it that way for the first few chapters, then I deem it a success. Smile not gonna lie that it took me a while to get into the first one. It took me about 10 chapters.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 5/31/2013, 8:31 pm

tumblr

So excited..... panik

YES! He dropped "said"! He dropped "said"! panik Wink

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 6/1/2013, 4:12 am

You can totally see the improvement. I didn't like the prologue in the first book, but this was in gripping. Also a Heather said, he dropped the 'said'. But I am really curious about this book. It already sounds exciting.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 6/5/2013, 11:16 pm

Good Reads have put out there top 30 hot books for this summer to read.

Chris's book is at number one. The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Main Thread - Page 6 3070767216The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Main Thread - Page 6 3933776953

Some highlights from our list of 30 hot books for summer:

1. Chris Colfer’s second book in The Land of Stories fantasy trilogy is about twins who fall into a world of fairy tales. The first book in the series is a No. 1 New York Times bestselling novel. (Photo by Maarten de Boer/SAGF/Contour by Getty Images.)

2. Sarah Dessen, the popular author of teen novels takes on the issue of the high cost of higher education in her newest book The Moon and More. (Photo by KPO.)

3. Aisha Tyler, the comedian and host of the CW summer show Whose Line Is It Anyway?, confesses her “epic fails,” like the “time I vowed to stop drunk Tweeting” in her book Self-inflicted Wounds: Heartwarming Tales of Epic Humiliation. (Photo by Ben Gabbe, Getty.)

4. Miranda Priestly, the terrifying magazine editor, is back in the sequel to the hit 2003 novel The Devil Wears Prada, titled Revenge Wears Prada. (Photo by Mike Cohen.)

5. Jonathan Alter’s The Center Holds offers a behind-the-scenes analysis of how President Obama beat Mitt Romney in 2012. (Photo by Kristopher Long.)

6. TransAtlantic is an Irish-American history novel that covers the Irish famine to President Obama’s 2011 visit to Ireland. McCann’s last novel, Let the Great World Spin, won the National Book Award. (Photo by Dustin Aksland for The Wall Street Journal.)

7. In The Tao of Martha, Jen Lancaster, the humor writer (Pretty in Plaid) spends a year living the “Martha Stewart” way — and then shares whether or not that was a good thing. (Photo by Deborah Feingold.)

8. In Joyland, Stephen King fans will be familiar with the enticing premise: a nostalgic murder mystery/ghost story set in a small-town North Carolina amusement park in 1973. (Photo by Shane Leonard.)

9. Author Michael Streissguth offers a look at how the “outlaw” music of Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson and Kris Kristofferson shook up Nashville in the late ’60s and ’70s in Outlaw: Waylon, Willie, Kris, And the Renegades of Nashville. (Photo by Leslie Bailey.)

10. Guns are one of the hottest issues now. Find out how U.S. history has been shaped by guns in American Gun: A History of the U.S. in Ten Firearms, written by a former Navy SEAL, the most lethal sniper in U.S. military history. (Photo by AP/The Fort Worth Star Telegram/Paul Moseley.)

Check out the full list of 30 hot books for the season from USA TODAY Books’ Jocelyn McClurg and Bob Minzesheimer: http://usat.ly/15KhToM
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 6/6/2013, 3:53 am

banzai : bounce
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 6/6/2013, 4:38 am

I've started to like GoodReads more and more. I like their layout and functionality and their editorial staff liking LoS is like a bonus.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 6/6/2013, 5:45 am

That's great news!!! hola

We're stanning a winner, aren't we? wub
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 6/6/2013, 6:10 am

Glorfindel wrote:That's great news!!! The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Main Thread - Page 6 621014945

We're stanning a winner, aren't we? The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Main Thread - Page 6 413578547

Yes, we certainly are. The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Main Thread - Page 6 650269930
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 6/6/2013, 2:46 pm

Glorfindel wrote:That's great news!!! hola

We're stanning a winner, aren't we? wub

Of course we are! Also, I liked how they mentioned it is a trilogy.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 6/29/2013, 6:35 pm

The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Main Thread - Page 6 Tumblr_mp6b2kPO6R1qe476yo1_500
The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Main Thread - Page 6 Tumblr_mp6b2kPO6R1qe476yo2_500

The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Main Thread - Page 6 Tumblr_mp6bfv26Y71qe476yo1_500
The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Main Thread - Page 6 Tumblr_mp6bfv26Y71qe476yo2_1280
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 6/29/2013, 10:02 pm

Georgette888 wrote:The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Main Thread - Page 6 Tumblr_mp6b2kPO6R1qe476yo1_500
The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Main Thread - Page 6 Tumblr_mp6b2kPO6R1qe476yo2_500

The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Main Thread - Page 6 Tumblr_mp6bfv26Y71qe476yo1_500
The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Main Thread - Page 6 Tumblr_mp6bfv26Y71qe476yo2_1280

With that image of the burning spinning wheel and the title of that chapter sounds really dramatic.

My copy was ordered last week from an online store here, where my friend who is a member got 30% off the cost.

I should get it a week later after the book is released. neutre

Spilling secrets every Saturday. Can't wait for the next ones. Smile 
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MissSoniaPP 6/30/2013, 6:16 pm

Georgette888 wrote:The Land of Stories 2 : The Enchantress Returns Main Thread - Page 6 Tumblr_mp6b2kPO6R1qe476yo1_500

Secrets miamiam hiphopa 
MissSoniaPP
MissSoniaPP
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 7/1/2013, 8:19 am

Has this been posted yet: the new book has 528 pages! Shocked
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/1/2013, 2:38 pm

how many pages were in the first book? i only have the kindle version so i don't know.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/1/2013, 2:39 pm

i wish the book is out now. this is the perfect time for him to do the book tour, unless his appearance in glee is very light this year.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next