Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2

+28
sahhar
TimF
AnneNeville
colfhummel
rooszie
Delight
SippyCupofLuv
tanita_mors
Buenos
Ireth
coxfire
arina
ChrisColferFan1
Lottie2303
opals
Ranwing
Divalicious
glimmerle
Jellyrolls
valkeakuulas
brisallie
MoviesAreLife
Glorfindel
sheny
ColferGirl
ColferInspired
bayth
fantastica
32 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 22 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2

Post  valkeakuulas 5/7/2013, 5:52 pm

Just as we thought: guess who gets to promote Glee at the fan event of Upfronts: Lea, Chris, Darren, Jenna and Jane. None of the newbies are even mentioned at the THR article...Well we knew they would run to their trustees for PR dispite insisting on continuing this whacked out semester over the summer and having new "interesting" characters.

The Hollywood Reporter
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 22 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2

Post  fantastica 5/7/2013, 5:59 pm

poor newbies.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/7/2013, 6:11 pm

valkeakuulas wrote:Just as we thought: guess who gets to promote Glee at the fan event of Upfronts: Lea, Chris, Darren, Jenna and Jane. None of the newbies are even mentioned at the THR article...Well we knew they would run to their trustees for PR dispite insisting on continuing this whacked out semester over the summer and having new "interesting" characters.

The Hollywood Reporter

I'm surprised about Jenna promoting. I thought it'd be Naya. The only newbies who'd really be eligible are Becca and Blake and I don't think they're quite popular enough.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 5/7/2013, 6:21 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:
valkeakuulas wrote:Just as we thought: guess who gets to promote Glee at the fan event of Upfronts: Lea, Chris, Darren, Jenna and Jane. None of the newbies are even mentioned at the THR article...Well we knew they would run to their trustees for PR dispite insisting on continuing this whacked out semester over the summer and having new "interesting" characters.

The Hollywood Reporter

I'm surprised about Jenna promoting. I thought it'd be Naya. The only newbies who'd really be eligible are Becca and Blake and I don't think they're quite popular enough.

I thought that was a bit odd too, but she's basically the only one of the originals whos future has not yet been discussed in the show...unlikely it will not be addressed in the finale either. Maybe Jenna's there to convince people Tina will be back next season?
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/7/2013, 6:28 pm

valkeakuulas wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:

The Hollywood Reporter

I thought that was a bit odd too, but she's basically the only one of the originals whos future has not yet been discussed in the show...unlikely it will not be addressed in the finale either. Maybe Jenna's there to convince people Tina will be back next season?

But why wouldn't Tina be there? She hasn't graduated. panik Oh, Glee. It makes my head hurt.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 5/7/2013, 7:28 pm

Since none of the newbies are regulars (though they appeared in every freaking episode), they can't really be used to promote the show, can they? None of them have become household names, and they just aren't going to attract the interest of the advertisers and media.

They are going with their biggest names and most recognizable stars in Jane, Chris, and Lea--who are also the mostly likely to give out good soundbites. Of course, Blarren is also recognizable, but I think he's a bit more erratic in the interviews.

Also the article says the appearances include, so there could be additional cast members added later.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/7/2013, 9:15 pm

^ Apparently Kevin is going too.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/7/2013, 9:29 pm

The Hollywood Reporter

If it is like last year, it will be Chris and Lea doing most of the interviews and the promoting. Darren will be used to promote Klaine. I am hoping this means that Sue moves to New York. I would love it if Kurt and Santana join her exercise classes. General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 22 2652883923

Maybe Naya can't make it and that is why Jenna is there. It is a weird choice, as they have destroyed her character. Would there be that many fans that would be still interested in Tina's story?

I would like them to repair the relationship with Kurt and Tina. Though I also think it is beyond repair.

I hope Amber is there and Harry. I would love Mercedes and Mike to be a part of the New York side.

Kurt needs a straight friend to show others that someone like Kurt can have straight male friends.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/7/2013, 9:37 pm

ColferInspired wrote:

The Hollywood Reporter

If it is like last year, it will be Chris and Lea doing most of the interviews and the promoting. Darren will be used to promote Klaine. I am hoping this means that Sue moves to New York. I would love it if Kurt and Santana join her exercise classes. General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 22 2652883923

Maybe Naya can't make it and that is why Jenna is there. It is a weird choice, as they have destroyed her character. Would there be that many fans that would be still interested in Tina's story?

I would like them to repair the relationship with Kurt and Tina. Though I also think it is beyond repair.

I hope Amber is there and Harry. I would love Mercedes and Mike to be a part of the New York side.

Kurt needs a straight friend to show others that someone like Kurt can have straight male friends.

Well, he could've had Sam in seasons 2-3. Kurt helped Sam with his family in season 2 and Sam is living in their house. So much wasted potential. beam
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/7/2013, 10:18 pm

ColferInspired wrote:

The Hollywood Reporter

Agree with those two points above.

Last episode reminded me why I liked Kurtcedes, and is simply because they have such a good chemistry. The only thing is that Amber needs to improve her acting skills.

And as regards Mike, I think he could have a nice friendship with Kurt. According to what I saw, they get along well and is true that Kurt needs a straight male friend. Why Blaine is the only one allowed to have one?

And about the Upfronts, I think is FOX which decide who's going and they have chosen the most popular faces. So that why it surprises me that Jenna is going. I know there're people who like Tina and GA know she's one of the originals kids, but she usually is in the background and this year her character is unbearable. At least for me.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/7/2013, 10:27 pm

brisallie wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:

The Hollywood Reporter

Agree with those two points above.

Last episode reminded me why I liked Kurtcedes, and is simply because they have such a good chemistry. The only thing is that Amber needs to improve her acting skills.

And as regards Mike, I think he could have a nice friendship with Kurt. According to what I saw, they get along well and is true that Kurt needs a straight male friend. Why Blaine is the only one allowed to have one?

And about the Upfronts, I think is FOX which decide who's going and they have chosen the most popular faces. So that why it surprises me that Jenna is going. I know there're people who like Tina and GA know she's one of the originals kids, but she usually is in the background and this year her character is unbearable. At least for me.

Because kurt isn't a guy. Even though he clearly has a penis, he's not a 'bro'. What Fox doesn't realize is that is almost a compliment to kurt because he's not on the same level of the other guys (Finn, Puck, Sam), but Blaine is. So they're basically telling that kurt is too good for them, and Blaine speaks their language of moron. Laughing whatever you say, RIB. I would like them to show the Kurt/Mike friendship more though. I thought they were really cute and kind of wanted them to randomly kiss in the auditorium scene, just because.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/7/2013, 10:47 pm

^

This OT but your "Even though he clearly has a penis, he's not a 'bro'" reminded me a fic I read some months ago in which Rachel wanted to experience her "sapphic" side with Kurt, and he stated he was a boy, though it seemed no one had noticed he has a penis. And though it was a funny and a weird context at the same time, it seems that is true that people is blind and don't realize this boy is actually a guy or simply don't focus their eyes on that zone.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/7/2013, 10:54 pm

brisallie wrote:^

This OT but your "Even though he clearly has a penis, he's not a 'bro'" reminded me a fic I read some months ago in which Rachel wanted to experience her "sapphic" side with Kurt, and he stated he was a boy, though it seemed no one had noticed he has a penis. And though it was a funny and a weird context at the same time, it seems that is true that people is blind and don't realize this boy is actually a guy or simply don't focus their eyes on that zone.

I believe I know what you're talking about. I'm pretty sure it's by the author skintightsocks on LJ. They write amazing Klaine fics and help me remember why I used to ship them. Most of its from season 2 though, which is when they still had a somewhat balanced relationship. But yeah, that fic was unexpectedly hot. Probably only because Lea and Chris have so much chemistry. One of these days, Rachel and Kurt or Kurt and Santana are gonna get super pissed at each other and end up making out. I'd pay to see that! Smile
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/8/2013, 4:16 am

ColdFlame96 wrote:
brisallie wrote:^

I believe I know what you're talking about. I'm pretty sure it's by the author skintightsocks on LJ. They write amazing Klaine fics and help me remember why I used to ship them. Most of its from season 2 though, which is when they still had a somewhat balanced relationship. But yeah, that fic was unexpectedly hot. Probably only because Lea and Chris have so much chemistry. One of these days, Rachel and Kurt or Kurt and Santana are gonna get super pissed at each other and end up making out. I'd pay to see that! General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 22 650269930

They could go there, with them being drunk. But they won't. General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 22 357632081
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 5/8/2013, 4:34 am

brisallie wrote:

It's not just you I can't stand her too. She keeps getting more irritating with every new episode. She acts like a bitch and expects people to respect her. Well it's not happening. Respect is not something you can demand it something you have to earn. If this was real life Tina would have lost all her friends long time ago.
But she became popular this season just not in a positive way. Everybody shows the girl who had a creepy crush on a gay guy, vapo-raped him while he was asleep and treats that same guy's ex-boyfriend and everybody else like crap.

She will probably move to NY with Blaine and Artie next season. I think she said she was accepted in Columbia in the last episode. Tina will be Blaine's roommate so Jenna has to be there to promote the unrealistic and stupid friendship that Blina is. They are obviously trying to create Hummelberry 2.0 with those two but it's not working. Rachel never molested Kurt in his sleep.

I'm so happy Chris will be there. He didn't attend any events the past two months and I missed him very much. Too bad Naya won't be there she is my second favourite person on Glee.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/8/2013, 8:45 am

@ColdFlame96 and ColferInspired, what kind of mind do we have? Is kinda funny we want to see Kurt making out either with Rachel or Santana. lol But I'm agree we won't see that, but by other side you never know what to expect with RIB.

@Sheny, I do also believe they're trying to create a Hummelberry 2.0, though I thought Marley and Unique were Hummelberry 2.0 or Kurtcedes 2.0?, never mind. As I was saying, if they try to create a "new" Hummelberry with Blina, I'm not so sure if is working out, because as you said, Rachel has never molested or vaporape Kurt while he's sleeping or had have a crush on him. So personally I see Blina as a girl who has a crush on a gay guy and as he can't be his girlfriend, she's his friend instead.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/8/2013, 8:51 am

brisallie wrote:@ColdFlame96 and ColferInspired, what kind of mind do we have? Is kinda funny we want to see Kurt making out either with Rachel or Santana. lol But I'm agree we won't see that, but by other side you never know what to expect with RIB.

@Sheny, I do also believe they're trying to create a Hummelberry 2.0, though I thought Marley and Unique were Hummelberry 2.0 or Kurtcedes 2.0?, never mind. As I was saying, if they try to create a "new" Hummelberry with Blina, I'm not so sure if is working out, because as you said, Rachel has never molested or vaporape Kurt while he's sleeping or had have a crush on him. So personally I see Blina as a girl who has a crush on a gay guy and as he can't be his girlfriend, she's his friend instead.

I don't think it's Hummelberry 2.0. But, wouldn't it be ironic if Rachel walked in on Kurt shirtless and started to fall in love with them? I actually read a fanfic kind of like that. tonguue Tina and Blaine can't be the next Hummelberry for 2 reasons. 1) no chemistry. 2) not good enough actors to pull it off. Tina just has an obsessive and creepy crush and Blaine was too much of an oblivious moron to realize it. At least Kurt clued in with Mercedes' crush.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/8/2013, 9:01 am

brisallie wrote:@ColdFlame96 and ColferInspired, what kind of mind do we have? Is kinda funny we want to see Kurt making out either with Rachel or Santana. lol But I'm agree we won't see that, but by other side you never know what to expect with RIB.

Chris has chemistry with Lea and both are wonderful actors, they play off it each other really well. To me Darren and Jenna look awkward, they don't have that kind of chemistry or are good enough actors.

Chris and Lea use there real friendship and add it to their scenes together so the friendship looks believable between Kurt and Rachel. Though some people that have seen some screen shots of them together that don't watch the show thought they were a couple. I have seen this on tumblr a few times and that billboard of Kurt and Rachel together before Duets aired. General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 22 1071211947

Last edited by ColferInspired on 5/8/2013, 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/8/2013, 9:03 am

ColdFlame96 wrote:

I don't think it's Hummelberry 2.0. But, wouldn't it be ironic if Rachel walked in on Kurt shirtless and started to fall in love with them? I actually read a fanfic kind of like that. General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 22 3730135933 Tina and Blaine can't be the next Hummelberry for 2 reasons. 1) no chemistry. 2) not good enough actors to pull it off. Tina just has an obsessive and creepy crush and Blaine was too much of an oblivious moron to realize it. At least Kurt clued in with Mercedes' crush.

Were's this fanfic as I would love to read it please.

Can you please post a link?
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/8/2013, 9:09 am

ColferInspired wrote:

Chris has chemistry with Lea and both are wonderful actors, they play off it each other really well. To me Darren and Jenna look awkward, they don't have that kind of chemistry or are good enough actors.

Chris and Lea use there real friendship and add it to their scenes together so the friendship looks believable between Kurt and Rachel. Though some people that have seen some scene shots of them together that don't watch the show thought they were a couple. I have seen this on tumblr a few times and that billboard of Kurt and Rachel together before Duets aired. General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 22 1071211947

If Chris were straight, they would be an adorable couple. They worship each other. You can always see them holding hands and hanging off each other, and Lea even stated that she was in love with him. Razz I think her and Cory are sweet though, as is him and Will. I'm happy for them.

And here's the link to the fanfic: it does feature klaine but its back from season 2 before they became toxic. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7950079/1/All-the-Good-Ones
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/8/2013, 9:12 am

ColdFlame96 wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:

Chris and Lea use there real friendship and add it to their scenes together so the friendship looks believable between Kurt and Rachel. Though some people that have seen some scene shots of them together that don't watch the show thought they were a couple. I have seen this on tumblr a few times and that billboard of Kurt and Rachel together before Duets aired. General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 22 1071211947

If Chris were straight, they would be an adorable couple. They worship each other. You can always see them holding hands and hanging off each other, and Lea even stated that she was in love with him. General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 22 3429310274 I think her and Cory are sweet though, as is him and Will. I'm happy for them.

And here's the link to the fanfic: it does feature klaine but its back from season 2 before they became toxic. [url=http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7950079/1/All-the-Good-Ones
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7950079/1/All-the-Good-Ones[/quote[/url]]

Thank you. General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 22 3995355489

I'll just go read it.

I have this habit of substituting Blaine with Sebastian or Adam, so I'm good. General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 22 650269930
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/8/2013, 9:23 am

ColdFlame96 wrote:...

And here's the link to the fanfic: it does feature klaine but its back from season 2 before they became toxic. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7950079/1/All-the-Good-Ones

I was going to ask you the link too, but ColferInspired was faster. Anyways, thanks.

And I'm agree with both of you in all what have you said.

Personally I see Blina as a forced friendship, as if writers were desperate to find a female friend for Blaine and she was the only option. And though I thought the same about Hummelberry at first, because once I read Lea wanted to have more scenes with Chris. Through the time I've seen a chemistry between them which is naturally transmitted through the screen, and probably that why people accept this friendship. By other hand, I don't deny that Darren and Jenna probably get along well, but I don't see the same complicity than I see in the other pair.

LOL I also remember that billboard. If you have never watched Glee, you would have thought they were a couple that had a feud.

P.S I've read that fic. Rachel was quite obssesive with him.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/8/2013, 9:28 am

brisallie wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:...

I was going to ask you the link too, but ColferInspired was faster. Anyways, thanks.

And I'm agree with both of you in all what have you said.

Personally I see Blina as a forced friendship, as if writers were desperate to find a female friend for Blaine and she was the only option. And though I thought the same about Hummelberry at first, because once I read Lea wanted to have more scenes with Chris. Through the time I've seen a chemistry between them which is naturally transmitted through the screen, and probably that why people accept this friendship. By other hand, I don't deny that Darren and Jenna probably get along well, but I don't see the same complicity than I see in the other pair.

LOL I also remember that billboard. If you have never watched Glee, you would have thought they were a couple that had a feud.

P.S I've read that fic. Rachel was quite obssesive with him.

In true Rachel Berry fashion. She may be neurotic, but that's part of her charm. fanny2

ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/8/2013, 5:00 pm

General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 22 Tumblr_mmhulajBxU1qc4ojbo1_500
link
banzai

People, get going if you want to ask Kurt/Chris questions. I doubt they will ask them, but it can never hurt to let them know that Kurt (and Chris) still matter on Glee.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 5/10/2013, 2:40 pm

I found this post on tumblr

Kurt is a character that usually elicits polarized reactions-you’ve got people who worship him, and people who can’t stand him. I used to find him fantastically frustrating, despite a writing-flaw-turned-character-flaw that drives me up the wall. But aside from that I always found him compelling. I don’t view frustration as a bad thing necessarily When I write I often say that if a story isn’t driving me to frustration then it’s probably not worth my time. It’s apathy what I try to avoid. And I feel like I’m on the verge of apathy when it comes to Kurt’s character arc. And that saddens me. (Even if I’m not sure Kurt and Blaine are good for each other, that doesn’t mean I’m not interested in what happens to Kurt).

I loved season 4, un-ironically, but if there was one thing I think S4 failed at was showing Kurt’s side of the story. There’s a reason Blaine ended up being the sympathetic character, even though Kurt was the wronged party. Sometime during/after “Glee, Actually” I stopped being able to read Kurt. And, in fact, the last time he felt like a real, tangible character was in The Break Up. And maybe there’s some deeper meta there that I’m, frankly, not interested in exploring.

But “Glee, Actually” was, to me, the first major breakdown in communication between Kurt and the audience, as evidenced by the vastly different interpretations of Kurt’s behavior and body language. We can bring up the death of the author and the legitimacy of all possible readings, but fact still remains that authorial intent matters. That’s why we as authors meticulously pick all the story components— POV, tense, word choice, etc. There’s something we want you to feel, and conclusions we want you to reach. We don’t spoon-feed you because it’s always nice to make your audience feel smart. Misdirection and disorientation are true and tried narrative devices. But you never want to confuse your audience, because then they check out.

Kurt has me really confused. Historically, he’s a character who closes off and shuts when upset or under a lot of stress, and that’s fine, but this is TV, and at some point you have to let us into what he’s feeling. There’s a difference between a character breaking communication with other characters, and breaking communication with the audience. We’re voyeurs and very often privy to information a lot of characters are in the dark about. And in the past I always felt like I knew where Kurt was at, even at his most closed off. Not anymore. He’s all over the place, and what frustrates me the most (in a bad way) is that I can’t tell where this is coming from. Is it the writing? Is is the directing/editing? Or is it a consequence of Chris Colfer’s acting choices? I just don’t know. And the reason I bring up authorial intent because I can’t figure that out either. There’s been a severe lack of a consistent narrative thread to Kurt’s story this year, and I hope they rectify this next season.

It's so sad when you see more and more people who starts to feel apathy towards Kurt but the saddest thing is when you understand them and are afraid that you are starting to feel very similarly. :( (not about everything of course, the way they are portraying Blaine I see as delusional and not sympathetic but the lack of Kurt's POV and actually often not understanding what he is thinking or why he is doing what he is doing makes me unforunately gradualy lose inteterst in that character. I hated his storylines last year but at least I saw him like a acual peron, I felt connected to him, he felt real...
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next