Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2

+28
sahhar
TimF
AnneNeville
colfhummel
rooszie
Delight
SippyCupofLuv
tanita_mors
Buenos
Ireth
coxfire
arina
ChrisColferFan1
Lottie2303
opals
Ranwing
Divalicious
glimmerle
Jellyrolls
valkeakuulas
brisallie
MoviesAreLife
Glorfindel
sheny
ColferGirl
ColferInspired
bayth
fantastica
32 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 40 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2

Post  Glorfindel 5/31/2013, 8:25 pm

Buenos wrote:Cory had two movies that bled into the beginning of filming last fall, but I doubt Glee woukd be as flexible in the middle if the season with episodes front and back loaded.
Except when it's precious Darren Criss of course. He could go do his Broadway stint in the middle of the season, missing 3 weeks of filming and almost 2 episodes, and not only have a whole tribute episode dedicated to explain his absence, but also have a triumphant comeback with a song!
smajli
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 40 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2

Post  MoviesAreLife 5/31/2013, 9:53 pm

Buenos wrote:"Struck by lightning" being made in 16 days at the end of a summer concert tour was truly the exception to the rule. It appeared once he submitted the screenplay Chris saw the film become a reality within two years.

The problem is that Chris (and all the otherGlee actors) are contractually obligated to give Glee filming first priority so unless a movie project definitely falls within a set calendar timeframe many film companies are reluctant to hire an actor who needs permission to continue past a certain date.

Cory had two movies that bled into the beginning of filming last fall, but I doubt Glee woukd be as flexible in the middle if the season with episodes front and back loaded.

Yes, that's true. Today, it takes forever for a film to be made, even the indies sometimes. The studio system is no longer in place where a big, lavish Blockbuster could be churned out in a matter of months.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 6/2/2013, 10:36 am

No matter what you might think of the man himself, they have shamelessly underused Matt Morrison on Glee.

I can't understand RIB managed so perfectly to sideline and backburner their most talented cast members, and simultaneously overexpose and shove down our throats the terrible mediocre bland 'actors'.
It's like they are living in a reversed alternate reality. Evil or Very Mad
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 6/2/2013, 3:29 pm

Matthew is insanely talented. He is probably the most well-rounded triple threat in the entire cast. I assume that they put him on the backburner because the show became all about the kids. I'll admit, I identify with the kids more than the adults. Whenever there is an adult storyline, I tend to just tune it out...like the Wemma wedding.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 6/2/2013, 5:19 pm

^I used to find the adult stories the most interesting one, tbh. The Finchel/Quinn/Puck love quadrangle in season 1 was already boring me after a few episodes. Terri was horrible, but at least she was entertaining.
But I mostly liked the interaction of Mr. Schue with the kids, including stupid stuff like Rachel's crush. Same goes for counselor Emma and coach Sue. I think Glee was at its best when the adults/teachers had storylines together with the kids.

But then RIB stupidly ruined Will with not letting him a good teacher when he should have been (so the kids could carry on with their stories uninterrupted by the sanity of an adult) and by the biased way they distributed the song solos in ND, which was blamed in canon on Mr. Schue. So creepy pedo Will was born. Evil or Very Mad
And after RIB caught up with how the fandom reacted they didn't try to mend their own mistakes, but started to make fun of it and ruined Will even more.

I miss naive, idealistic choir teacher Will with his heart in the right place although he messed up a lot. I miss fragile but supportive Emma, I miss harsh but fair Sue. :(
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 6/2/2013, 5:33 pm

I don't think I ever really cared for the adults other than all the actors do a great work. I do too have a soft spot for the aggressive Sue, but that one has been demolished by RIB for the past two seasons.

Will has always been one of the characters I've actively disliked ever since he failed to spot how ruthlessly Kurt was bullied until Kurt was having a panic attac right in front of him. And the music teachers I had were nothing like Will when I grew up...well Will isn't really a music teacher now is he. I would have likeed to have seen how he manages as a history teacher. dryy I don't think Will likes to be a regular teacher.

I thought the very intimate discussion between Rachel and Will in the last ep was very uncomfortable or then I just never developed that close relationship with any of my HS teachers.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 6/2/2013, 5:58 pm

I stand corrected. I actually do enjoy a few of the adults and their scenes, specifically if they are acting with some of the kids. I love Burt, Emma and Isabelle. Will is a hit or miss with me.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 6/2/2013, 6:43 pm

^Isabelle is wonderful. I wish we would see more of her. :(
Stupid Glee with using big guest stars for quite important characters in the main characters' lives (like Rachel's dads, Santana's mom, Artie's mom, the NYADA dean, Kurt's boss). If they had just hired an actor who would be available most of the time as Kurt's boss they could have done some real storytelling (same goes e.g. for Rachel's dads: it would be great if Kurt knew them and interacted with them).

I guess I have a soft spot for Will because he is me. Leading a choir is what I have done several times for years; I have stood in front of a high school class as a teacher; organizing concerts and re-arranging music is something I still do; I also teach and try to inspire high school kids. I used to dream of a big career on stage but am so happy to be a teacher now (and I didn't 'settle' because I couldn't be on stage: it was a deliberate choice).
I have been so angry at Will so many times, because RIB majorly screwed up almost every time Will needed to be a decent teacher. I hate how I have to blame all the bad solos choices on Glee in the choir room and especially at competitions on Will. Because I wanted that positive role model of a teacher (but still a human flawed one, with desires) as much as I wanted those misfit underdog kids to represent me.

And Sue had such a solid character development in season 2, up till after 'Funeral', untill they ruined it all again by pushing the 'reset' button in season 3. :angry:

What a waste. smajli
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 6/2/2013, 6:55 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:I stand corrected. I actually do enjoy a few of the adults and their scenes, specifically if they are acting with some of the kids. I love Burt, Emma and Isabelle. Will is a hit or miss with me.

Agree. As regards Matt, I think his talent is being wasted on Glee, and currently he's more like a props to the kids, that the character he used to be in season one. If I were him, I'll looking for new opportunities in the biz. Have he ever been in Broadway?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 6/2/2013, 7:01 pm

Yeah. He came from Broadway.
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 6/2/2013, 7:11 pm

Georgette888 wrote:Yeah. He came from Broadway.

Thanks. In that case, he could go back to Broadway.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 6/2/2013, 7:26 pm

Yeah, Matt was on Broadway. He even got a Tony (musical award) nomination.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 6/2/2013, 8:55 pm

Glorfindel wrote:^Isabelle is wonderful. I wish we would see more of her. :(
Stupid Glee with using big guest stars for quite important characters in the main characters' lives (like Rachel's dads, Santana's mom, Artie's mom, the NYADA dean, Kurt's boss). If they had just hired an actor who would be available most of the time as Kurt's boss they could have done some real storytelling (same goes e.g. for Rachel's dads: it would be great if Kurt knew them and interacted with them).

I guess I have a soft spot for Will because he is me. Leading a choir is what I have done several times for years; I have stood in front of a high school class as a teacher; organizing concerts and re-arranging music is something I still do; I also teach and try to inspire high school kids. I used to dream of a big career on stage but am so happy to be a teacher now (and I didn't 'settle' because I couldn't be on stage: it was a deliberate choice).
I have been so angry at Will so many times, because RIB majorly screwed up almost every time Will needed to be a decent teacher. I hate how I have to blame all the bad solos choices on Glee in the choir room and especially at competitions on Will. Because I wanted that positive role model of a teacher (but still a human flawed one, with desires) as much as I wanted those misfit underdog kids to represent me.

And Sue had such a solid character development in season 2, up till after 'Funeral', untill they ruined it all again by pushing the 'reset' button in season 3. :angry:

What a waste. smajli

I have a soft spot for Will also, because he strikes me as a good hearted, naïve guy who wants to do the right thing. But sometimes, he does things that seem OOC for me or for what he's supposed to be like...like acting super arrogant, not noticing Kurt being bullied, acting controlling toward the Glee club, and doing this warm/cold thing toward Finn as if he himself was a teenager. It's weird.

As for Sue...she makes my jaw ache from clenching my teeth so hard. I cannot stand her. I think she's a psychopath. I like Jane, I just loathe Sue. Never found her funny, not even once.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/2/2013, 11:38 pm

i like Will, even though i don't care for his storylines. in fact, i don't care for any storylines. glee's stories are no longer interesting to worth pay attention to. but i still like will.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 6/3/2013, 2:11 am

I hate what they did to Will Schuster. Morrison is truly very very talented and only Glee can treat someone like that like a garbage. I feel really sorry for that guy. While they did alot of for his career in the first season, it's like in the following season they did everything to kill it. I remember the first episode I have ever seen of glee was the one with NPH (I watched it for him and didn't know basically anything about the show before) and I read some disucisson and there was alot of praising on Schue and Matthew everywere. I kinda thought back then he is one of the favorite. And now almost nobody cares for Schue, he is just joke to people... It's really sad and I cannot imagine what it must be like to go from basically a good main character to this. They really don't use talentets of their people at all.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 6/3/2013, 7:34 am

Accurate. General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 40 650269930 General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 40 3429310274 General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2 - Page 40 2641883990

“I think hair gel was invented to make it easier to identify assholes from a distance.”

Demetri Martin- These Are Jokes

There was a picture of Blaine attached but I couldn't copy and paste it. I thought I had deleted this.

-------

https://chriscolferfanforum.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=487

Last edited by ColferInspired on 6/3/2013, 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40