Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 5

+26
Buenos
coxfire
tanita_mors
Adamina
ramram73
Lottie2303
valkeakuulas
mae55
Ireth
Kurt Hummel
sahhar
ChrisColferFan1
Divalicious
Jellyrolls
glimmerle
ladydianab
MissSoniaPP
bayth
MoviesAreLife
fantastica
ColferInspired
arina
brisallie
sheny
Glorfindel
Delight
30 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 5 - Page 12 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 5

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/13/2013, 10:13 am

If you date a celebrity (or become their "beard friend" Wink ) it will force you into the spotlight a little. If you date a celebrity who just to happens to be on a show with a young fanbase, the focus will be ten times worse because kids are savvy with using technology to stalk people and they have no sense of self control/boundaries. Not to mention, they are immature.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 5 - Page 12 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 5

Post  Delight 3/13/2013, 10:43 am

MoviesAreLife wrote:If you date a celebrity (or become their "beard friend" Wink ) it will force you into the spotlight a little. If you date a celebrity who just to happens to be on a show with a young fanbase, the focus will be ten times worse because kids are savvy with using technology to stalk people and they have no sense of self control/boundaries. Not to mention, they are immature.

I pity Will, and feel embarrassed on behalf of Chris.

I find that real person shipping is acceptable if the shippers have the good sense not to make loud declarations of their delusions to the people involved (or their friends, family and acquaintances). Stuff like that needs to strictly stay in fandom. It's just good manners.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/13/2013, 11:04 am

I feel scared/sorry for this couple a little bit. I don't even know how they found his name out to begin with, despite Chris' best efforts to protect the privacy of both himself and his boyfriend. I don't blame Chris for wanting to be private.

People need to understand that real life people should not be expected to live out someone's headcanon fantasy. They are not characters, they are human beings.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 3/13/2013, 11:17 am

I don't get what they want to achieve by shipping. Yes, I like that Chris has a boyfriend and think him and Will look cute. I wish them all the best. But I could give a shit what they do in their private time, who and why Chris dates, and who this Will is in particular. How does it in any sense help me out in my real life? Chris professional life I am interested in, because he gives me pleasure and happiness to watch him in movies/television and hear him sing. Easy peasy.

CrissColfer is even more staggering. The amount of time and passion people invest in this theory… Don’t you have anything better to do with your life?! People just embarass themselves!
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/13/2013, 11:26 am

Maybe people ship celebrities in order to focus their attention on a pretty fantasy and away from their own lives?

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 3/13/2013, 11:34 am

MoviesAreLife wrote:Maybe people ship celebrities in order to focus their attention on a pretty fantasy and away from their own lives?

Sad but true. As evil as it sounds, but the majority are probably unattrative girls who believe they never get a boyfriend themselves (of course, this is generalized, but overall, it seems to the case). It is actually really, really sad!
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/13/2013, 11:36 am

Maybe. All I know is something must be missing if you're going to focus on someone else and their relationship like that.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/13/2013, 1:07 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:Maybe. All I know is something must be missing if you're going to focus on someone else and their relationship like that.

I've seen in other fandoms how people ships celebs, despite their sexuality or their relationship status with someone else. It could be a dangerous situation where they aren't able to separate reality from fantasy. Or obsessive fans who don't wanna see their favorite celeb with no one else but the person they have chosen for him. Crazy.

Speaking of obssesive people, crisscolfers are saying the Will and Chris picture looks manip. Because they have seen Chris wearing the same clothing and with that pose before.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 3/13/2013, 1:24 pm

brisallie wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:Maybe. All I know is something must be missing if you're going to focus on someone else and their relationship like that.

I've seen in other fandoms how people ships celebs, despite their sexuality or their relationship status with someone else. It could be a dangerous situation where they aren't able to separate reality from fantasy. Or obsessive fans who don't wanna see their favorite celeb with no one else but the person they have chosen for him. Crazy.

Speaking of obssesive people, crisscolfers are saying the Will and Chris picture looks manip. Because they have seen Chris wearing the same clothing and with that pose before.
OMG, Chris wearing his clothes twice?? Impossible! And the same person doing the same pose? Even more unbelieavable. :-D
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/13/2013, 1:33 pm

arina wrote:
OMG, Chris wearing his clothes twice?? Impossible! And the same person doing the same pose? Even more unbelieavable. :-D

Razz

I know. These people! Celebrities aren't allowed to repeat clothing or do the same pose? Despite of their fame, they're still regular people, with more flashes and money, but they still are.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/13/2013, 2:06 pm

Chris makes people lose their minds. I think he has the most obsessive fanbase in the show, not Darren. Chris inspires the most avid fans (and haters).

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/13/2013, 3:52 pm

brisallie wrote: I've seen in other fandoms how people ships celebs, despite their sexuality or their relationship status with someone else. It could be a dangerous situation where they aren't able to separate reality from fantasy. Or obsessive fans who don't wanna see their favorite celeb with no one else but the person they have chosen for him. Crazy.
What I'm finding very rude and disrespectful is that the Crisscolfers are saying that Darren is hiding and denying his sexuality. He has said he's straight, but they are saying he wasn't comfortable saying it, and other things he said, like "You fall in love with a person, not a gender", are signs that he is at the least bi.
Now I don't know about Darren: he would not be the first celebrity who hides being gay or bi for his career, but if I was his fan I would never call him a liar or truth twister, or force my headcanon ship of him and someone he's not compatible with sexually on him in tweets.

I read that. Rolling Eyes
And Will looks taller than Chris in that pic, when at the Sags he looked about the same size. And whoever posted the picture deliberately added the many hashtags 9 hours later to get the pic discovered by fans easier. And the tweets of people seeing them (Chris and Will) together at the concert last week and in Chris' car a few weeks back are PR stunts. And Will popping up now as Chris' bf is suspicious now that they (CrissColfers) have 'disproven' that Darren and Mia are really together. Etcetera. Mad

There is no reasoning with them. areu
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 3/13/2013, 3:55 pm

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/13/2013, 4:14 pm

Thanks for the video Sheny. I'm glad Chris is promoting to help the planet.

@Marie, I find crisscolfers so selfish. They only want Darren to confess he's either gay or bi to be with Chris publicly as "boyfriends". So at the end, they're only thinking on themselves. Personally, if a celebrity is hidden his sexuality, is because have reasons behind to do that, and no one has to force him to out. And they have been so picky with the picture, searching for any detail to prove is manip.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/13/2013, 4:51 pm

That "Green it mean it" commercial reminds me of this one. Maybe some of you haven't seen it:

Razz

I would really like more Puckurt (as friends, nothing else!) on Glee.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 3/13/2013, 5:02 pm

Glorfindel wrote:That "Green it mean it" commercial reminds me of this one. Maybe some of you haven't seen it:

Razz

I would really like more Puckurt (as friends, nothing else!) on Glee.
I totally forgot about this one Razz , I love this commercial. I would love to see more Puckurt definitely too. I love Puck, in my opinion he is one of the characters who changed the most and in his case exceptionally I think it was change for the better and mostly believable. And Puckurt duet would be gold :-) One can dream. :(
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  glimmerle 3/13/2013, 5:42 pm

Glorfindel wrote:Honestly: I don't mind people posting these sort of pics or tweeting about seeing Chris with Will (or any other public encounter), but going to Chris' and the people he associates with twitter and other online accounts to comment on that..... crey crey, and terribly rude. Evil or Very Mad
(And I mean comment on it in either a negative or positive way, btw.)
I guess it's ok to post pics and tweets when it's done in a decent, respectful way, but I still sometimes wish people would stop reporting about their 'celebrity sightings' altogether. Celebrities are people who want to have a private life, too, not some zoo animals. Totally agree with the bolded.

Lottie2303 wrote:I don't get what they want to achieve by shipping. Yes, I like that Chris has a boyfriend and think him and Will look cute. I wish them all the best. But I could give a shit what they do in their private time, who and why Chris dates, and who this Will is in particular. How does it in any sense help me out in my real life? Chris professional life I am interested in, because he gives me pleasure and happiness to watch him in movies/television and hear him sing.
I agree completely.
glimmerle
glimmerle
Llama
Llama

http://glimmerle.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 3/14/2013, 4:01 am

For me the weirdest and scariest thing about CrissColfer shippers is the fact that some of them truly believe they are right. Some of them aren't joking, aren't trolling but are like 100 % convinced about their truth and truly think how stupid are the people who don't see it... I still cannot understand how is that even possible for them to be so convinced about something not real.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/14/2013, 5:00 am

^Some people still don't believe the moon landing was real. Wink

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 5 - Page 12 Just-saying

But you're right, it is scary. People shipping RL people can be harmless fun (although I personally don't like it), as long as they know it's not real, or at least unlikely.
And even if there were very solid rumours that a RL couple was real (it has happened, and technically that is where Chris and Will are now), the shippers should limit their shipping strictly to the fandom, and keep an open mind that nothing is 'proven' untill confirmed by the couple itself or people close by.
Some CrissColfers do the exact opposite: even if Chris and Will and/or Darren and Mia would confirm publicly they were dating, or even getting engaged or married, they would reject that evidence and say it's a cover-up created by their PR teams, and Darren and Chris only go along with it because "Chris loves Darren so much he's willing to keep their relationship in the closet to protect Darren's career". vomit2
Yeah right. mince

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 5 - Page 12 Tumblr_m3e0d4tGoq1qe5i4lo1_500
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/14/2013, 5:30 am

I just like reading about Chris and Will sightings because I remember when Chris didn't even know how to ask someone out when he was nineteen he asked wardrobe for tips in dating and asking someone out.
Just knowing that Chris is in a relationship makes me happy, after all the crap Glee has become and how insane one half of the fandom is.
But I would never follow Chris or Will's friends on twitter or anywhere else as some are.
I hate that that CrissColfer idiot had to ruin things on CameronCash's instagram because I'm sure Chris is sick of these idiots with their stupid comments, and he doesn't want his friends to put up with it like he does.
Though it is his instagram and he should be allowed to post what he wants. But he can't now because of some CrissColfer idiot in case more start following him and making stupid comments. Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 5 - Page 12 3181402168
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 3/14/2013, 5:37 am

You know, I can somehow deal with manips and writing some posts why couple X is so perfect. I can ignore that. However, all fun and understanding completely disappears when it comes to real person fanfiction. To put it bluntly: it is disgusting when people write about Darren giving a blowjob to Chris; or Chris riding Will. I mean: seriously??! Talk about disrespecting boundaries. I read one RP fic once, out of curiosity, and the author did go so far to describe the pubic hair of the actor. Ehh!

That is not being a fan. A fan respects the boundaries and realizes that private and professional lives are separate things. RPFFs is borderline creepy and has some stalking tendencies.

On a positive note: I think Chris and Will handle the situation really clever and I love the fact that Chris does not keep him a secret, but still remains silent about the details. I wish them all the best.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/14/2013, 5:56 am

^Exactly.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/14/2013, 6:17 am

Lottie2303 wrote:You know, I can somehow deal with manips and writing some posts why couple X is so perfect. I can ignore that. However, all fun and understanding completely disappears when it comes to real person fanfiction. To put it bluntly: it is disgusting when people write about Darren giving a blowjob to Chris; or Chris riding Will. I mean: seriously??! Talk about disrespecting boundaries. I read one RP fic once, out of curiosity, and the author did go so far to describe the pubic hair of the actor. Ehh!

That is not being a fan. A fan respects the boundaries and realizes that private and professional lives are separate things. RPFFs is borderline creepy and has some stalking tendencies.

On a positive note: I think Chris and Will handle the situation really clever and I love the fact that Chris does not keep him a secret, but still remains silent about the details. I wish them all the best.
Same here. Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 5 - Page 12 4247136565
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/14/2013, 9:19 am

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 5 - Page 12 Tumblr_mjm6ceOXs91qgfb58o1_500

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 5 - Page 12 Tumblr_mjm6ceOXs91qgfb58o3_500
x

Compare that to his last 'Green it, Mean it' video:

Cue to several comments on how much he's grown up and changed in 3...2...1... fanny2
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/14/2013, 10:10 am

Glorfindel wrote:
But you're right, it is scary. People shipping RL people can be harmless fun (although I personally don't like it), as long as they know it's not real, or at least unlikely.

So wait, Marie. Does this mean that I have to stop shipping you with Ryan? Because I was all over Mayan! I was going to start a blog, a twitter account, and a tumblr page and everything. And I'm halfway through the fan fiction too.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next