Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 5

+26
Buenos
coxfire
tanita_mors
Adamina
ramram73
Lottie2303
valkeakuulas
mae55
Ireth
Kurt Hummel
sahhar
ChrisColferFan1
Divalicious
Jellyrolls
glimmerle
ladydianab
MissSoniaPP
bayth
MoviesAreLife
fantastica
ColferInspired
arina
brisallie
sheny
Glorfindel
Delight
30 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 5 - Page 26 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 5

Post  arina 4/24/2013, 3:45 am

I must say even though Kurt looks better than ever this season I really miss his more "courageous" outfits. I never expected that Kurt going to New York and even working in Vogue would mean much more tamed clothing. Wondering what Kurt is going to wear used to part of the charm of the show for me :-)
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 5 - Page 26 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 5

Post  Lottie2303 4/24/2013, 4:19 am

I disagree. I felt like his Lima clothes were intentionally outlandish, as he didn’t let himself by defined by the city. They also were part of his armor. He doesn’t need this protection anymore, as he is in a safe environment and can dress how he truly feels like.

On a personal taste level Kurt’s clothes were always a big hit or miss for me. Especially in S3 he had some of the best clothes, but also some of the very worst. I love S4 almost entirely as he looks so sophisticated, confident, beautiful, and well-tailored but also relaxed.

But of course that is all personal opinion and I get your point anyhow, even though I have a different perspective.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 4/24/2013, 5:13 am

I know you and other people has expressed your appreciation of Kurt's wardrobe this year and I understand your point but I pesonally just cannot help it but mis little bit of "fashion has no gender" Kurt. I know that fashion taste changes through time but this is far from what I expected for Kurt's fashion in a big city. And I miss colours on him.

I really suffered during his Dalton time than only because he was recuded to be the backup singer to Blaine but also because he was forced to be dressed like everyone else and I terribly miss his outfits that were always big part of him.

I think this is still one of the most hideous outfits I have ever seen on Kurt :-)

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 5 - Page 26 Tumblr_luqh6t1nJ51qbi6aao1_250
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/24/2013, 5:21 am

As I said, fashion is subjective and neither of us is right or wrong. I also get your point and wouldn’t mind a bit more adventure in his style. Agreed about they should add some more colors. However I learnt that the people in NYC generally wear a lot of black, so basically it added some authenticity? However, that wouldn’t stop Kurt Hummel. Personally, I love him in red!

Nonetheless, I am obsessed with his clothes this season. If I’d be male, I totally would copy his style in a heartbeat.

P.S. So agreed about outfit! When I wrote "but also some of the very worst" in my last post, it was the outfit I had i mind. I also stand firm by my belief, Kurt Hummel never would wear something like that. It was ab OOC moment.

ETA: As this is actually Chris thread, let me add, I LOVE how he developed and truly found his own style. Chris has come a long way and it is so satisfying to witness his transformation from "little boy" to very, very attractive and confident young man.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 4/24/2013, 5:31 am

You know I've mostly always loved Kurt's oufits even though for me they were sometimes very strange and I would never wear anything like that but they were oufits that I definitely could see someone with Kurt's fashion sense wearing... but then there were some outfits like this green disaster that I don't know what the wardrobe people were thinking, I agree it was very ooc for him to wear it.

Agree about Chris, it was great to gradually watch transition from this cutie :-)

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 5 - Page 26 Cco_foxtvtca_03

The only problem I have with Chris's looks these days is the way his hair are sometimes styled (both on the show and in reality), I am not biggest fan of his "the higher hair the closer to god" :-D Or there is too much visible hair product in it for my taste. I think he looks better when his hair are more fluffy than like this:

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 5 - Page 26 Tumblr_mj6q7r2Z9H1qeds6ko1_r1_500

I love his hair style in the SBL promotion video (with Polly) for example or he looked really well on the set of SBL.

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 5 - Page 26 Cco_SBLset1207_13

I should probably go studying instead of thinking about Chris's hair. :-D
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/24/2013, 6:05 am

Personally I think his clothes, especially in S1, were intentionally a bit uneven. Like, he was still experiencing and figuring what he liked and how to combine clothes. Not everything worked always particularly well, but it gave a great sense of authenticity, as it is a logical conclusion not every outfit works when you are trying to find unique combinations. For instance, it drives me mad that Marley is supposed to be poor but wears designer clothes. But from all characters, Kurt is most certainly the one most interesting to follow through the years in terms of fashion. Even through the ones I dislike. The green monster however will never be defended. That outfit was just so odd in the worst way.

I find it nice to see that Kurt somehow seemed to have influenced Chris by finding his own style, but not coping it. Especially because by own admission Kurt and Chris are not similar characters. It is nice that he learnt something from Kurt, but experiencing with his wardrobe. There is this one picture leaving a hotel in NYC a few month ago, and all I thought was “WOAH!!!! You are good looking, dude!” I also agree about the picture of him during SBL.

BTW, the shoes he is wearing in the ‘Be green’ picture just released, I totally and utterly love them!

I think his hair got a bit too close to God sometimes. However, it looks like he got a haircut? And he is back to brown hair. I am not so fond of the blond streaks, even though they look good. They are just not my favorite.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 4/24/2013, 6:21 am

Lottie2303 wrote:
Personally I think his clothes, especially in S1, were intentionally a bit uneven. Like, he was still experiencing and figuring what he liked and how to combine clothes. Not everything worked always particularly well, but it gave a great sense of authenticity, as it is a logical conclusion not every outfit works when you are trying to find unique combinations. For instance, it drives me mad that Marley is supposed to be poor but wears designer clothes.
Agree with that.

And Chris has a miraculous hair or something because I very often think he got a haircut and then a day later he looks the same so I never know. About the blond streaks, Chris said he got the blond streaks because one natural appeared and so he then added more because he did not want to look like Rogue from X-Men. :-)
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/24/2013, 6:30 am

Didn’t Chris say once his hair is extremely thick and like Harry Potter? Aka, he cuts it and basically the next day it is back to normal. I’d love to know how his hair looks long and with a female head. Guess I can wait for that forever Wink.

Thanks about the information for the blonde streaks. I mean, they looked good and weren’t bad per se at all, I just prefer his hair brown.

About Kurts fashion, I also like that they re-use some of his fashion items. It drives me nuts that in all TV-shows the clothes get changed regularly and never appear again. No one, except the cast from Gossip Girl, can afford such a lifestyle. I like tiny tidbits of reality.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/24/2013, 1:02 pm

That exactly what I like about Kurt's clothing. As you said, only the cast from Gossip Girl was allowed to change their wardrobe constantly, because they were rich people who can afford that. But in this case, we're talking about a college student, whose budget is regular. In addition, I liked they mentioned Kurt sews his own clothing, because is actually canon.

Also I'd like to say, that as Kurt's style has evolved, Chris's style has evolved too. Do you remember how he used to dress up like a mini Mr. Schue a couple of years ago?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/24/2013, 2:19 pm

^I loved the mini Mr. Shue look of Chris. I always liked his vests (especially when combined with tight-fitting pants, mjammm). wub

I don't really like his small ties that he usually wears with just a blouse but no jacket, although he still looks good in them of course.

As for his hair: I prefer it upwards, but not too cemented/glued together with hair product, so there's a stray strand of hair falling down (just look at my signature fanny2). I never liked his bangs, sorry.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 4/24/2013, 2:39 pm

I prefer his hair upwards too (I love all of the pictures you have on your signature), just not when the hairstyle is too high (and lately it sometimes really has been imo) or when as you said the hair are too cemented. Although I personally like younger Chris with bangs too but I think for the older Chris the higher hair fits better, it also makes him look more grown up.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/24/2013, 5:31 pm

I love his vests. I cannot think of one outfit when I disliked them wub

I really hated his hair in ... 'when they threw Santana out of the apartment'... That was just too well tailored and odd looking.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/24/2013, 7:22 pm

Personally I don't dislike his vests, especially if they're open like in the recycling picture for instance, because is a clothing that it never fails when you wanna look proper for an occassion. But I insist that I'm glad has evolved, and through the years he knows what is better or not for him.

As regards the hair, though I also like his hair upwards, I don't want him to look like Jimmy Neutron. And also I'm someone who like his bangs, but he looks younger.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 4/25/2013, 2:31 am

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 5 - Page 26 Tumblr_mls7575QxC1qc4q26o1_500
Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 5 - Page 26 Tumblr_mls7575QxC1qc4q26o2_500
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 4/25/2013, 2:37 am

I don’t blame you @meg_doyle, dat’s a very scarrry cake!Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 5 - Page 26 Tumblr_mlsq1pRLvL1qe476yo1_1280

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/25/2013, 4:13 am

Tumblr currently freaks out with the „Season 1 – Season 4“comparison. I don’t get how many call it transgender-phobic. I think it is very obviously a critic on Glee, the writing and how Kurt was pushed through the ringer from S1 (strong, snarky, a person to respect) to S4 (victim of the environment, beaten down, constantly fighting, never winning). The pictures just illustrate the point. I am terrified of the season finale now…

But overall, Chris just agrees with his fans. Why are so many mad at him?
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 4/25/2013, 4:36 am

Personally I must admit when I saw the tweet I didn't know what he meant by it and still I am not totaly sure what is supposed to be about.

And imo Kurt actually is on a good place when we compare it to season 3, the fact the storylines are rushed and we hardly see him on screen is different problem.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 4/25/2013, 4:54 am

Oh, people are so touchy!

Chris has for years referred his early pictures resembling girly/female. Recently I think in some sort of birthday tweet discussion between him and Cory!

Why is everything he does taken so seriously? What I took from those pictures was that Kurt in S1 looked like a middle aged woman and over the course of seasons he has slightly been made more masculine and has "succeeded" the level of Swank/Teena (I have no idea which one he is referring with that Swank picture). Brandon Teena as a character was quite convincing as a male = Kurt as a character is quite convincing as a male nowdays?

Purely on a visual bases: Hilary Swank and Chris have THE EXACT same jawline.

And do we even know if he did it himself, intenet is full of people who do these.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 4/25/2013, 5:04 am

I didn't mind that tweet I just meant that I didn't know what he meant by it, if he was comparing the looks, or charactrerization of those characters (I didn't see the movies the pictures are from) or what. I have not been on tumblr for some time so I don't what they are doing there but yeah, they like to freaking out about everything.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/25/2013, 5:31 am

I'm pretty sure the comparisons were about looks, not the role Hillary Swank played in that picture. The first picture is of a woman with a soft round face (comparison to baby face Lady Hummel), while Chris' jaw now is eerily similar to Swank's in her picture.
A bit awkward? Yes. Offensive? No.

People should not be so judgmental over little things and get a life. saispa
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/25/2013, 5:41 am

Mmh, I still believe his has to do with the portrayal of the character and the differences between the seasons.

However I agree the Tweet leaves many opportunities in how to analyse it.

Nonetheless, it feels like people just want to hate on Chris. The reaction is totally out of all proportions. Le sigh!
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/25/2013, 9:04 am

When I saw that tweet I wondered why Kurt evolution was being compared with those female pics, but then I read Marie explanation and it was more clear to me. But still I don't get how some people really wondered if the character was transgender? I'm agree that back then he had more feminine features because of the round face, but also a round face it means childhood, so personally I saw him as a little kid. (Though I can't deny I thought he could be a beautiful girl when he wore a blonde wig once in season 1)
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/25/2013, 11:29 am

brisallie wrote:When I saw that tweet I wondered why Kurt evolution was being compared with those female pics, but then I read Marie explanation and it was more clear to me. But still I don't get how some people really wondered if the character was transgender? I'm agree that back then he had more feminine features because of the round face, but also a round face it means childhood, so personally I saw him as a little kid. (Though I can't deny I thought he could be a beautiful girl when he wore a blonde wig once in season 1)

^ Quinn's long, lost sister! LOL! Wink

I think the pictures were just a JOKE! They were comparing Kurt, on a purely visual scale, to a middle aged, awkward looking woman (season one) to a slightly femme looking (slim, youthful, more boyish than manly) more "butch" character...now, he is a blend of butch and femme qualities, just as Hilary was in that role. Chris was just joking...why are people pissy? He has always, always joked about his "lady looks" when he had his little boy face in season one.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/25/2013, 11:33 am

Lottie2303 wrote:Oh, that is nice to know. I love how Chris seems to really enjoy life right now. He seems to have reached his 'full circle moment' fanny2 . Of course we can talk about another conspiracy theory, that it means him and Ryan really don't get along anymore ohmy fanny2 . (It probably only means he secure enough with his career that he doesn't need to attend every award show to present his face. Like, lets say, another cast member who seems to go everywhere).

I am really not a shipper, you will never find me writing or reading FF's nor will I ever stalk any Facebook sites, but I cannot deny my big smile every time I see a new picture blushh .

( I LOVE that he loves Sherlock. That series is epic in all proportions!).

This is really late, but I agree about the full circle moment. He went from a closeted kid, bullied and miserable in a town that killed people for being gay (his words) and who had dreams of doing great things that seemed to far off and hard to reach. He was never appreciated for all that he did and aspired to be. Not only that, but his homelife was difficult.

Now he's successful, doing everything he said he wanted to do, he's loved by millions and now he has a boyfriend. Oh, how times have changed.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 4/25/2013, 4:43 pm

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next