Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4x05 "The Role You Were Born to Play" Watch & Discussion thread

+19
brisallie
Adamina
Divalicious
arina
Glorfindel
Ireth
msjoanlucette
Vir Cotto
sheny
CloveGlee
ColferGirl
sahhar
ColferInspired
ladydianab
M&M
ChrisColferFan1
Ranwing
Jellyrolls
tanita_mors
23 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

What did you think of the episode ?

4x05 "The Role You Were Born to Play" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_lcap0%4x05 "The Role You Were Born to Play" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
4x05 "The Role You Were Born to Play" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_lcap0%4x05 "The Role You Were Born to Play" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
4x05 "The Role You Were Born to Play" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_lcap19%4x05 "The Role You Were Born to Play" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_rcap 19% 
[ 3 ]
4x05 "The Role You Were Born to Play" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_lcap44%4x05 "The Role You Were Born to Play" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_rcap 44% 
[ 7 ]
4x05 "The Role You Were Born to Play" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_lcap25%4x05 "The Role You Were Born to Play" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 4 ]
4x05 "The Role You Were Born to Play" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_lcap12%4x05 "The Role You Were Born to Play" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_rcap 12% 
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 16

4x05 "The Role You Were Born to Play" Watch & Discussion thread Empty 4x05 "The Role You Were Born to Play" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  tanita_mors 11/5/2012, 6:38 pm

The McKinley High production of Grease is being cast, and Artie recruits McKinley graduates Mercedes and Mike to help he and Finn with auditions for the musical. Competitors for the lead role of Danny include Jake and football player Ryder Lynn (Blake Jenner), while Marley and cheerleader Kitty (Becca Tobin) are rivals for Sandy, the female lead. Will also has a big decision to make.

You all know what to do.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

4x05 "The Role You Were Born to Play" Watch & Discussion thread Empty Re: 4x05 "The Role You Were Born to Play" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Jellyrolls 11/8/2012, 11:11 pm

Because I'm a glutton for punishment, I'm watching the episode live.

Finn looks so old working at the tire shop. He looks Cory's age. Not Finn's age.

Artie sang a song for Finn? I can't remember.

I won't direct if you won't direct. Is Artie five?

Depressed Blaine is whiny. Yay to Kurt for not responding to Blaine or responding to Kurt.

Oh, let's have a nice Blaine solo two minutes into the episode. That's a great idea Glee. That's something you've never done before. Nice ankles Blaine. ugh.

You don't look hopelessly devoted to Kurt, Blaine. You look hopelessly constipated. The cure for constipation is derpy faces.

I think Darren's eyebrows are getting longer.

Well, I'll give Darren one thing. He's very consistent in his performances. Overemoting. Derpy faces. Hold your legs together so you don't pee move. Just like every other song.

Artie is secretly in love with Blaine.

OK, so how did Artie get to Finn so quickly from the directors table? Last season, Bieste had to carry him there. How did he get in his wheelchair, up the stairs, and out in the hallway to Finn so quickly.

Wemma story just doesn't interest me.

Blake/Ryder showed more character in the goofy dancing on the football field than the rest of the new kids have in all their scens.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

4x05 "The Role You Were Born to Play" Watch & Discussion thread Empty Re: 4x05 "The Role You Were Born to Play" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Jellyrolls 11/8/2012, 11:24 pm

Hmm. Bathroom scene. I kind of like the premise of it. Newbies should be seen and not heard while the real actors go on diatribes. That would be great.

I think that Melissa and Alex watched Darren to get some tips on how to overemote and make derpy faces. I do like Melissa's voice though, but I won't be buying the song because I can't stomach Alex. It was a high energy performance though.

Green alert: Ryder and Finn's story is Finn and Will's story from season one! You remind me of me, Ryder.

Oh no, Cory is got the weird face thing going on in Jukebox Hero.

I like Finn and Ryder together, though. I liked the duet, and I think that Blake is better than any of the other newbies. I like his voice a lot, and I think he's a very natural actor. Of course, I really liked him on the Glee Project too. I think he'll be popular with the tweens and teens.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 11/8/2012, 11:29 pm

So let me get this straight... last year Kurt was judged far too girly to play any signfigant role in WSS because 1) he auditioned with a girl's song and 2) he comes across too fem to be taken seriously. But Blaine auditions with a girl's song and he's Artie's dream Danny Zucco. That was until he discolved into a whiny mess.

I actually started laughing during Blaine's solo because the song was just so completely innappropriate for the situation. HDTY was sung by Sandy after Danny had cruely rebuffed her in front of his friends (so that they wouldn't see him with a square chick) and it's all about her torn about loving someone who didn't seem to feel the same for her. There was no question about Kurt loving Blaine until Blaine cheated on him. Kurt isn't pushing Blaine away just to play it cool - he's doing it because Blaine couldn't keep his dick in his pants. So it was self-indulgent and really hints to me that Blaine isn't really grasping just what he did to Kurt - he's only focusing on how sad he is right now.

And the less I say about Darren's ability to handle any kind of dramatic acting, the better. genije

Mercedes and Mike were brought back for what reason?
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 11/8/2012, 11:37 pm

Sue... feel free to punch Finn in the nads as often as you'd like. I'll even hold him down for you.

What a fucking moron!
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 11/8/2012, 11:38 pm

Marley is just too perky.

I really don't like Kitty. She is just too nasty.

They did the third nipple joke is frome friends.

Jake and Kitty's audition was OK. At least Jake sounds different than the other guys voices. I like the way his voice sounds on the longer notes. Kitty is weak.

Tina refuses to be in the same room with Mike. It's 33 minutes into the show, and where is Tina anyways?

Ugh. Figgy's comments about Unique. So inappropriate. She's got it going on?

Oh, a reference to Kurt by Sue. Too bad Kurt's broken heart wasn't important enough to address in the episode after they broke up.

Why do they always have to make Finn be such an ass? Was it really necessary for them have to make Finn say that retarded baby comment? Especially thinking back to the episode when Burt asked him if he would call Becky a retard and Finn said he wouldn't because it's mean? I've always felt that Finn is a decent guy with a good heart, and I hate that they always make him a bit bigotted when it serves a story.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 11/8/2012, 11:40 pm

I am not watching ,but love reading about the episode. I do have it being taped on my DVR. Not sure when I will watch,or even if I will watch. I might delete it without watching.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 11/8/2012, 11:40 pm

Ranwing wrote:So let me get this straight... last year Kurt was judged far too girly to play any signfigant role in WSS because 1) he auditioned with a girl's song and 2) he comes across too fem to be taken seriously. But Blaine auditions with a girl's song and he's Artie's dream Danny Zucco. That was until he discolved into a whiny mess.

I actually started laughing during Blaine's solo because the song was just so completely innappropriate for the situation. HDTY was sung by Sandy after Danny had cruely rebuffed her in front of his friends (so that they wouldn't see him with a square chick) and it's all about her torn about loving someone who didn't seem to feel the same for her. There was no question about Kurt loving Blaine until Blaine cheated on him. Kurt isn't pushing Blaine away just to play it cool - he's doing it because Blaine couldn't keep his dick in his pants. So it was self-indulgent and really hints to me that Blaine isn't really grasping just what he did to Kurt - he's only focusing on how sad he is right now.

And the less I say about Darren's ability to handle any kind of dramatic acting, the better. genije

Mercedes and Mike were brought back for what reason?

Maybe Kurt should have auditioned for Maria instead of Tony. They probably would have cast him.

Mercedes and Mike were brought back to make their fans interested in the show. Viewership is up by 20 tonight.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 11/8/2012, 11:44 pm

Well, it was nice to see Mike and Tina's break up at least acknowledged, and I'm getting the impression that it was Mike's idea and not Tina's, otherwise she wouldn't have cared about him being there.

Of course, it's another excuse not to have Tina sing. Or have any signifigant presence.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 11/8/2012, 11:46 pm

I just can't follow the weema/bieste stuff.

Oh wow, it's Tina! She does exist!

Hand Jive wasn't the right song for Mercedes. The song doesn't do anything for Amber's voice. It wasn't a bad performance visually, though. That's the type of group performance that should happen on glee. Not five billion Blaine solos. They don't do the group numbers enough anymore. Group songs were really part of the core of glee in season one. But they do so few of them now.

Last edited by Jellyrolls on 11/8/2012, 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 11/8/2012, 11:46 pm

Ranwing wrote:Well, it was nice to see Mike and Tina's break up at least acknowledged, and I'm getting the impression that it was Mike's idea and not Tina's, otherwise she wouldn't have cared about him being there.

Of course, it's another excuse not to have Tina sing. Or have any signifigant presence.

It sounds like you are describing Kurt here Wink
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 11/8/2012, 11:49 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:
Ranwing wrote:Well, it was nice to see Mike and Tina's break up at least acknowledged, and I'm getting the impression that it was Mike's idea and not Tina's, otherwise she wouldn't have cared about him being there.

I agree.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 11/8/2012, 11:53 pm

Finn wouldn't have cast Kurt as Rizzo if he wanted it.

Ugh. Alex is such a bad actor.

Finn wouldn't be so sympathetic to Unique if he didn't have that relationship with Kurt.

Is Patty Simcox this year's Officer Krupke?

I really don't like Kitty. She's just too mean, and she's not even funny.

Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 11/8/2012, 11:54 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:

I know. *sigh*

At least they kept Blaine's whining to the very start of the episode so that it wouldn't infect the unending boredom of the rest.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 11/8/2012, 11:59 pm

Why do women always cook for Will?

Gosh, Wemma is so boring. I don't know what's going to happen to Wemma with Will going to DC. Are they even going to be on the show the next few episodes?

Gosh, Glee is a trainwreck.

Pass the torch, Will. Guess Finchel will be apart for three months.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 11/9/2012, 12:06 am

Overall, this episode wasn't as horrible as I expected. I think having the Blaine crap over in the first ten minutes helped, and the fact that Cory, Matt, Jane, Jayma, and Dot Marie carried the storylines, with minimal support by the newbies. I thought Blake held his own tonight. He's definitely the best out of the guys from the Glee Project who have made it on the show.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 11/9/2012, 12:09 am

Jellyrolls wrote:Overall, this episode wasn't as horrible as I expected. I think having the Blaine crap over in the first ten minutes helped, and the fact that Cory, Matt, Jane, Jayma, and Dot Marie carried the storylines, with minimal support by the newbies. I thought Blake held his own tonight. He's definitely the best out of the guys from the Glee Project who have made it on the show.

I may watch it later, and just fast forward the Blaine scenes.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 11/9/2012, 12:10 am

Blaine was over after his audition. They showed him once or twice later in the episode, but he was very minimal in the episode.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 11/9/2012, 12:12 am

Jellyrolls wrote:Blaine was over after his audition. They showed him once or twice later in the episode, but he was very minimal in the episode.

Okay, thank you.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 11/9/2012, 12:19 am

Jellyrolls wrote:Marley is just too perky.

Jake and Kitty's audition was OK. At least Jake sounds different than the other guys voices. I like the way his voice sounds on the longer notes. Kitty is weak.

Tina refuses to be in the same room with Mike. It's 33 minutes into the show, and where is Tina anyways?

Oh, a reference to Kurt by Sue. Too bad Kurt's broken heart wasn't important enough to address in the episode after they broke up.

Why do they always have to make Finn be such an ass? Was it really necessary for them have to make Finn say that retarded baby comment? Especially thinking back to the episode when Burt asked him if he would call Becky a retard and Finn said he wouldn't because it's mean? I've always felt that Finn is a decent guy with a good heart, and I hate that they always make him a bit bigotted when it serves a story.

What did Sue say about Kurt?
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 11/9/2012, 12:21 am

M&M wrote:

I want to know too.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ladydianab 11/9/2012, 12:28 am

I actually had fun watching the show. I missed Kurt/Chris of course and would have liked it much better had he been in the episode. I enjoyed the music. I was laughing as Blaine sang HDTY as he looked at pics of Kurt. I kept thinking how could Darren keep a straight face! It just seemed comical to me rather than sad. Overall, it was okay and the music was fun.

I still don't get why it was Cory and Chris in the Fox interviews.
ladydianab
ladydianab
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 11/9/2012, 12:28 am

M&M wrote:

There was a scene in Figgy's office when Sue was trying to prevent Unique from being Rizzo. Finn called her a bigot, and Sue talked about the time that she quit being principal to protest the fact that they weren't doing enough to protect the gay kid in the school.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 11/9/2012, 12:35 am

Jellyrolls wrote:
M&M wrote:

There was a scene in Figgy's office when Sue was trying to prevent Unique from being Rizzo. Finn called her a bigot, and Sue talked about the time that she quit being principal to protest the fact that they weren't doing enough to protect the gay kid in the school.

Thank you. Also, loving all your tweets tonight.
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 11/9/2012, 12:37 am

M&M wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:
M&M wrote:

Thank you. Also, loving all your tweets tonight.

This is my favorite tweet I've tweeted tonight:

Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next