Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2x18 "Born This Way" Watch & Discussion thread

4 posters

Go down

2x18 "Born This Way" Watch & Discussion thread Empty 2x18 "Born This Way" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Jellyrolls 3/11/2013, 10:35 pm

Episode description from the DVD:

As Kurt and his father confront a bully in hopes that Kurt can return to McKinley high, Will helps Emma confront her OCD. Meanwhile, Rachel considers a nose job, wich makes the rest of the club consider that sometimes "flaws"are really strengths.

Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

2x18 "Born This Way" Watch & Discussion thread Empty Re: 2x18 "Born This Way" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  brisallie 3/11/2013, 10:39 pm

Love this episode.

Do I have to say that Kurt looks so handsome performing Born This Way? Actually everyone was good with their personalized t-shirts.

Also I like I Feel pretty/Unpretty, I never expected that Lea and Dianna sound well together.

Umm what else? I like the hallway scene between Kurt and Dave, though back then I still couldn't believe his apologize, but I simply love to see scenes between Max and Chris. Both are good actors.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

2x18 "Born This Way" Watch & Discussion thread Empty Re: 2x18 "Born This Way" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Jellyrolls 3/11/2013, 11:34 pm

This is probably my favorite episode of Glee, an it's probably the only one I bought all of the song from (though I can't stomach listening to "Somewhere Only We Know" anymore).

It's nice that so many people are trying to convince Rachel that she shouldn't get th nose job.

Santana is so mean.

I can't believe Santana thought Karofsky had the hots to make prom king.

Oh, like Blaine has a say in whether or not Kurt goes back to McKinley. You don't own him, Blaine.

"I Feel Pretty/Unpretty" is one of my favorite mash-ups they've ever done on Glee. Dianna has a pretty voice when she sings the right song, but unfortunately her voice always got lost amongst the other female voices on the show. She's not the powerhouse that the rest of them are, but I thought she held her own with Rachel on this song.

Quinn was so full of herself, but she did wind up growing on the show.

"I've Gotta Be Me" is my favorite Cory solo. Its so much fun. I loe his dorkiness in the performance,a ndI love the sweetness in his voice on this one. I like this Finn. I wish they kept this Finn instead of makin him a homophobic douche.

I love that everyone is so shocked that Santana was the one who tried to rehabilitate Dave. And it's double shocking that Santana of all people would be the one who cared about Kurt coming back.

Burt was so awesome in the scene in Figgins' office. I love how he is so passionate about protecting Kurt without losing his cool.

I love that Kurt turned this situation with Dave around so that he had the power in the situation. He was going to come back to the school on his terms.

Happiest words ever "Kurt Hummel is back at McKinley."

And now to mute Blarren's solo. I hadn't noticed this before, but even back then, everyoneat McKinley stopped to watch Blarren sing. Whereas the New Directions could only get ignored, slushied, an thron food at.

"I'm never saying goodbye to you" until you cheat on me with some random facebook dude.

And now for my favorite TV moment ever. As If We Never Said Goodbye. I don't think there has ever been a more perfect song choice on Glee, and it was beautifully shot, beautifully performed, and perfect. And it brings tears to my eyes everytime I watch it. I'm glad I got to tell Chris that it was one of the greatest TV moments ever. I love he looks on everyone's faces while he was performing it too.

I love Chris' emotions from the "I don't want to be alone, that's all in the past" through "So watch me fly, we all know I can do it" part. You can see him changing emotions on each line from the pan of lonliness, to the joy of not eingalone, to e confidence in himself. Just amazing. I am so glad that he had the opportunity to do this song on the show.

As mean as the can be on this show, I thought that what Lauren did to Quinn was one the meanest things they did on the show. Even though Quinn was often a bitch, I thought that Lauren doing that to Quinn just so she could be prom queen was just horrible.

Kurt was so adorable in the Barbravention. How can this show not tap into Chris' talent anymore? He's just so amazing. He is just such great performer.

I like Finn in this last scene with Quinn, with the old Quinn picture. He is sweet likable Finn, not homophobic douche Finn.

I am fascinated by Kurt twirling the drumstick before Born This Way fo some reason.

Chris is so amazing in "Born this Way." He is just so transformed into the gaga attitude in the beginning. He just really keeps the attitude through the entire song. Again, how can they not use him more on this show? Idiots.

Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/12/2013, 4:21 pm

Kurt was so hot in Born This Way. The sass, the dance moves, the crazy eyes, the fingerspelling, the wild hair! He was hot in a crazy way! I think he was practicing for his next film! Wink (although, he's probably supposed to be less "hot" in that role and more "scary"...)

Pretty/Unpretty was beautiful.

Was this the episode that had Santana insult everyone in the room? That was a real bitch move.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 3/19/2013, 12:20 am

I love how Santana thinks that Brittney is gullible, and still thinks that she is a good girlfriend. She never said she was stupid, but everything but, and Britt takes it.

I accept Santana figuring out that Karofsky is gay, but no one ever dealt with how Karofsky basically stalked Kurt, Blaine knew about the kiss, but no one else did, just the death threat.

Such a different feel the show had, because they were underdogs, and not perfect.

Emma first putting her ginger status as her issue. Jayma really brings the lines.

Lauren talking about her past, and Puck being a good boyfriend, it was nice. Quinn was called a teenage dream. Perhaps she should have dated Blaine instead.

Quinn being obsessed with winning the crown. Knowing that hot people get away with most things. This was also one of their more successful mashups and duets. It was nice not having belt-it-into-the-sky Rachel, she came down to earth and joined in a song, rather than overwhelm it.

Quinn feeling threatened by Lauren, which in itself is weird. Then she decides to make it personal.

Santana facing off with Karofsky, when she knows about Kurt, but she doesn't know what he did. She just thinks it was about him being gay. It would have been interesting if she got the full story, but then they might have to have Kurt speak in his own story. Mutual beards to rule the school. She is very proud of being a straight up bitch, nice to have standards.

I like the way they shot the locker scene with Finn and Quinn. I gotta be me was fun, Finn knows he will never have less than two left feet, and he accepted it. Nice scene. Mike is very light on his face, and he seems to have fun when he dances, even his little mini lessons in the dance, raising his hands when Finn did something. I miss his personality in dancing. Sad that they chose to focus so little on him in his senior year, and then give Brittney so damn much this year (and last year).

Too bad they didn't allow Tina to become the Asian sex symbols that don't exist in the world. Instead she got Blaine adulation this year.

I liked Puck supporting that the jewish girls who got nose jobs weren't as hot. No matter what you look like, there is someone out there that will find it beautiful. Then Finn has to call her beautiful in front of his girlfriend. Good job.

Will trying to "help" Emma with a ton of unwashed fruit. I don't agree with her individual polishing of grapes, but a nice rinse of the fruit is kind of a must in this age of pesticides. Not to mention bug poop.

Figgins, his last good move, was supportive of David. While it seems wrong, he is an adult, and he should support someone coming to him expressing a wish to improve their issues and apologize. But he should watch him closely. Interesting how Karofsky mentioned about kids hanging themselves because of bullying, considering what happened in season 3.

The attempt to bring Kurt back to win Nationals, and not let him sing in it. As if any one in the school outside of the Glee room would care if Kurt came back. Now protecting the little kids (stoner Brett) is something that would help.

Burt!! SuperDad extraordinare. Kurt wearing unique jewelry, lovely. That the words still matter even if the threat doesn't. A good line, because words are so very hurtful. Kurt knowing there is something behind all of this, his grudging respect of Santana's self-involved ways.

I was okay with Kurt taking the high road, because outing someone isn't right (see Finn later in show). Kurt laying down the law, and using this as a learning experience for David, even if he wasn't willing to come out. Finn supposed to keep an eye on his brother, did they ever let him do that?

Kurt suddenly back from Siberia, and suddenly saying let's get ready for Nationals. Made him seem a little shallow, but I didn't care. The last Warbler song I actually liked, because it did seem like a goodbye to Kurt, and not just another reason to have Blaine sing. It did seem romantic at the time, and I was happy that Kurt got to keep his boyfriend. Now I feel like a fool, because this relationship sucked so many Kurt storylines away, just to give them to Blaine. I noticed they were still attempting to hide Kurt being taller, I need to pay attention to when they stopped doing that.

AIWNSG, amazing, beautiful, no dancing cheerios in short skirts, just a beautiful young man walking through scenes, and then some time in the classroom. I still love the scene from behind when he put his hands in his hair, very simple, and no grease to be had. His expressions in the classroom, not just a park and bark, there was acting involved. You knew what Kurt was feeling, and he was feeling good, happy. Why do we not get to see this Kurt, why does he have to be a prop for the stories of others. Also glad he never sang it to Blaine. His first big moment of the show. When the show allowed him to have more than one big moment a year. He got three in this episode.

The whole Lucy Caboosey crap f&^kery. So this young lady, who was supposedly a homely fat girl at one time, instead of remembering that and supporting the underdog secretly, became a mega bitch bully. So that must mean if you are pretty, even artificially, you need to pick on the homely kids. This is the biggest trainwreck of the trainwreck stories they gave Quinn, to me. The baby story sucked, but she was a kid, and kids make mistakes. This just showed how shallow and damn mean Quinn was, just because she was now pretty and could "get away" with it. Pathetic.

Puck working with Kurt to get Rachel to see that she is beautiful, and using Barbra to do it. Kurt's second big moment. Rachel thinking Barbra would show up to a mall in Ohio. Kurt is always her biggest prop, Rachel is one in a billion, I think this is the first time he said it, though. Kurt's dancing is hilarious and fun. They haven't done any mall dancing this year have they? Rachel did have fun. It was fun when the Glee kids arrived and joined in. Too bad they didn't work on the Kurt/Puck friendship, that would have been one great broship. But Kurt isn't allowed bro stories. Just I want to sing girl songs and it isn't allowed stories.

Emma cleans the chair very thoroughly, took her entire therapy session cleaning the chair. Starting on her meds in season 2, they should have kicked in by season 4. Maybe she stopped taking them. Jayma has a lovely expressive face, and her line about popping pills that will turn her into what people want her to be, and the therapist countering that her illness is not who she is supposed to be and that it is keeping her from being she is supposed to be. Some well-written lines there. The shame that mental illness stigma brings to our narrow minded society.

Finn being a good boyfriend, putting the Lucy picture in his wallet. They start off relationships well, but always jettison them when the endgame couple needs their episode of hope. So all these people who are voting for Quinn end up voting for Kurt on the fly instead, enough to beat all the pretty girls. Too bad they didn't dwell on the hate, or if the ballots were stuffed.

Even here they have never let Brittney actually say she is bisexual, just bi-curious. With all the sex she has had by now isn't the curiosity satisfied? Or can she just not remember all the people she has slept with? She forgot she dated Artie this season.

Will's butt chin. Kurt looking sexy, and twirling the drum stick. Rachel cancelled her appointment, what a surprise. Santana chickening out. The third big moment. Crazy, sexy Kurt, and the girls doing what everyone wants, ripping open that red shirt. Tina sounded great, too bad they didn't let her sing more songs. Arms!!Hips!! I love Kurt's stylish layers, but it is nice to have a little underneath sighting. Brittney's shirt says I'm with stoopid, so she can call herself stupid, but no one else can without the kiss of doom. Santana wearing the Lebanese shirt, but not having the courage to get up on stage. Karofsky probably feeling the same.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/19/2013, 3:56 pm

Did anyone notice that three guys called Rachel beautiful in this episode? Kurt, Finn and Will. I think Lea, and therefore Rachel, is stunning. I can't believe that she was hired to play the "plain" girl in seasons one through three. Ha. Hollywood's version of "ugly".

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/19/2013, 4:23 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:Did anyone notice that three guys called Rachel beautiful in this episode? Kurt, Finn and Will. I think Lea, and therefore Rachel, is stunning. I can't believe that she was hired to play the "plain" girl in seasons one through three. Ha. Hollywood's version of "ugly".

Will called her beautiful too? In what scene? And personally I think Lea is pretty, but for Hollywood she's not the typical beauty.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/19/2013, 4:35 pm

I think Lea is exotic looking. She's not a typical Grace Kelly beauty like Dianna, but she is beautiful. I remember Will saying that Rachel was a "beautiful girl" to Emma when he expressed his concern over her possible nose job.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum