Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread

+27
ColferGirl
sjonnepon
Delight
MissSoniaPP
brisallie
coxfire
Divalicious
FunnyLady
Ireth
valkeakuulas
Glorfindel
emilynna
arina
BlueJazz
msjoanlucette
Dame Loli
sahhar
CloveGlee
sheny
M&M
Ranwing
fantastica
tamara04
ChrisColferFan1
ColferInspired
Jellyrolls
tanita_mors
31 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

What did you think of the episode ?

4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_lcap9%4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 9% 
[ 2 ]
4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_lcap68%4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 68% 
[ 15 ]
4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_lcap9%4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 9% 
[ 2 ]
4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_lcap0%4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_lcap0%4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_lcap14%4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 22

4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 Empty Re: 4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Ireth 10/16/2012, 12:31 pm

Ranwing wrote:
coxfire wrote:My major problem with the way it was handled, and the critics that are thrown at Kurt, is that it seems that Kurt is judged for graduating before Blaine and "leaving Blaine behind to struggle to adjust", but never were Kurt's struggle dealt with.

It's one thing to examine Blaine's reasoning that lead him to make that decision. The problem is that too many see reasoning as excuses. I totally get that Blaine was feeling very lonely and missed Kurt's presence (and missed Kurt sexually as well). That doesn't justify anything of what he did to Kurt. And no matter how much one can sympathize with Blaine, you can't just wipe away the fact that Kurt is the wronged party here. And when so much focus is given to Blaine's feelings (and not enough to Kurt's) you end up with the audience basically being told who to feel sympathy for.

It's interesting that whenever Kurt had to swallow a dissapointment where Blaine benefited (such as losing the lead to WSS to Blaine), he might have been upset with the situation, but he never took his frustration out on Blaine. He didn't hold it against Blaine for getting the part that he wanted (and he seemed to hold no anger of losing his race for student body president whereas Blaine wins his). Kurt might be angry over unfair outcomes (like he should be about being rejected by NYADA while Rachel the Choker gets in), but he never holds the ones who benefited from his misfortune responsible. Blaine, on the other hand does. I completely get that he misses his boyfriend terribly and wants to have him nearby - that's a perfectly normal feeling to have when you're seperated from someone that you love. But Blaine's immediate response - to hold the fact that Kurt wasn't there as the reason for his cheating is putting the blame on Kurt for not being there for him. Instead of acknowledging that he missed Kurt (not Kurt's fault) and how he handled Kurt's absence, he made it clear that he cheated because Kurt wasn't there. That because for one, Kurt was focused on developing his own career, it was Kurt's fault that Blaine strayed. And that was where Blaine lost my sympathy.

I totally agree that along with seeing Blaine struggle with understanding why he betrayed Kurt in this way that the show does show Kurt's feelings so that there is some balance. It's okay to feel some sympathy for Blaine's struggles, just so long as the show doesn't lose sight over the fact that Blaine was the one who cause this pain to Kurt and that Kurt suffered as a result.

This. Unfortunately I suspect the only time Kurt's suffering is shown will be something like missing Blaine because he's been ignoring Blaine. They'd better prove me wrong or I'm going to throw up.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 7 Empty Re: 4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  sheny 10/16/2012, 1:44 pm

Of course we will see Kurt's POV some day in a scene that probably will last only 2 minutes and that will be it.
But before that, and during it and after that scene we will have 10 whole episodes of Blaine being depressed and struggling whit his guilt, he will probably forget about Kurt for a couple of episodes like nothing happened and be happy doing something with his classmates, singing silly songs, then Blaine and the Warblers, Blaine and Sam bromance, Blaine and New Directions, Blaine singing his 100th solo and more Blaine, Blaine, Blaine..... :angry:

Is Kurt still on the show???

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MissSoniaPP 10/16/2012, 4:13 pm

And Kurt became the "Dave Karofsky" of this season.

Only has 2-3 minutes scenes in episodes Evil or Very Mad

I Hate Glee beam
MissSoniaPP
MissSoniaPP
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  CloveGlee 10/16/2012, 4:20 pm

I suggest we wait until we actually see the episodes to assume Kurt's been written out. He's actually been pretty substantially featured so far and other than his lack of singing opportunities I have no real complaints. I think we are jumping to conclusions here.

CloveGlee
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://recappersdelight.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 10/16/2012, 6:37 pm

i agree. one of the reasons i'm not all that active in the last week or so is that i'm taking a little mental break from glee. i still visit this and a few other glee sites daily , it's just that this lack of info is bring out our worst fears about the future. i'm totally obsessed with "once upon a time" now and it's keeping my otherwise definite dissatisfaction with glee at bay. my way of keeping too much anger about a tv show in check. of course, i now desperately want lana parrilla aka the evil queen and chris to work some day.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/16/2012, 7:09 pm

I'm taking a little mental break from Glee too.
The whole debacle of Blaine's cheating and the excusing and reasoning of what he did by his fans (all the blangst!) is disgusting me. Kurt seems to be forgotten (or partly blamed! Evil or Very Mad) and it's no use pointing this out on eg. GF. After the experience I got over discussing Sam's comment to Kurt in 'Makeover' I'm a bit fed up trying to 'discuss' with some people.

The spoilers are depressing me and predict not much good either.
So I'll use this hiatus to scroll the boards without too much commenting, write some reviews and try to decide which pics to use for a new signature. fanny2

We really could use a good Chris Colfer sex riot. Smile
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 10/17/2012, 2:19 am

Let's think of things more positively!! Yeah, I know, hard with Glee. BUT, with all the positive support Blaine has received, and I do believe RIB do troll the internet, I think if they had any mind to lessen what he did to diminish the impact to his character, I think all the stans have done is encourage them to NOT diminish his actions. That means the hero Blaine will finally develop feet of clay, and have to deal with his actions, instead of everything being whitewashed.

Finn cheated on Rachel with Quinn, and vice versa, even if sex wasn't involved, and they made it stick. Quinn cheated on Puck, obviously. There are loads of cheating going on, and why not have gay cheating. Quinn had huge consequences to deal with, so why not Blaine? It still allows a lot of avenues to explore Blaine's character, why he is so needy, when he already has so much, what is lacking. Most likely it is the parental thing, because he never talks about them. I am all for Blaine development because I do know eventually Klaine will get back together, if any couple on this show will. So I want him to be interesting, I want him to deal with his failings and become a viable and trustworthy partner.

That being said they can also go the route where Blaine just flirts around with guys, finds it empty and then decides to woo Kurt back. Nice and unsubstantial. Kurt deserves better. Klaine deserves better, and the kids who find this an inspirational relationship deserve better.

Blaine will not lose his stans, because they've already forgiven his behavior, and in fact seem to condone it. He is desirable and Kurt should set aside any desires of his own to fulfill Blaine's. Funny how they would be so outraged if a girl was expected to do the same. Say, Rachel. Finn in similar circumstances earns endless hate. Stans be so blind Rolling Eyes

Anyway, it is hard to read about the stans, but I also find them pathetic. At least when Kurt screws up I know he screwed up. I forgive him because I love the character, but I would call him on his behavior, and not excuse it. Kurt has flaws, and I like them, it makes him real.

I do hope they explore why Blaine felt the need to "punish" Kurt by cheating on him. I have a personal belief that Blaine knows people have wanted him for his families money, or for his physical form (Sebastian), or the persona he projected (Warblers). Kurt, however, wanted Blaine. He sees Blaine being a goofball and just rolls his eyes and smiles. Sure Kurt finds him attractive, but that is not why he is with Blaine. Blaine can be honest with Kurt like no one else, and now that positive feedback that he finally got in his life is gone from his daily life. He freaks, and acts out in a very negative manner. If they explore that, and let Kurt see the effort he has gone through to get his life in order, a Klaine reunion is okay. I just don't want it to be, "Oh I missed you so much, that song was so wonderful, let's make up!" and merrily they go off, not-hand-in-hand, because they only get to touch or flirt when they are not dating.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 10/17/2012, 2:30 am

Divalicious wrote:Let's think of things more positively!! Yeah, I know, hard with Glee. BUT, with all the positive support Blaine has received, and I do believe RIB do troll the internet, I think if they had any mind to lessen what he did to diminish the impact to his character, I think all the stans have done is encourage them to NOT diminish his actions. That means the hero Blaine will finally develop feet of clay, and have to deal with his actions, instead of everything being whitewashed.

Finn cheated on Rachel with Quinn, and vice versa, even if sex wasn't involved, and they made it stick. Quinn cheated on Puck, obviously. There are loads of cheating going on, and why not have gay cheating. Quinn had huge consequences to deal with, so why not Blaine? It still allows a lot of avenues to explore Blaine's character, why he is so needy, when he already has so much, what is lacking. Most likely it is the parental thing, because he never talks about them. I am all for Blaine development because I do know eventually Klaine will get back together, if any couple on this show will. So I want him to be interesting, I want him to deal with his failings and become a viable and trustworthy partner.

That being said they can also go the route where Blaine just flirts around with guys, finds it empty and then decides to woo Kurt back. Nice and unsubstantial. Kurt deserves better. Klaine deserves better, and the kids who find this an inspirational relationship deserve better.

Blaine will not lose his stans, because they've already forgiven his behavior, and in fact seem to condone it. He is desirable and Kurt should set aside any desires of his own to fulfill Blaine's. Funny how they would be so outraged if a girl was expected to do the same. Say, Rachel. Finn in similar circumstances earns endless hate. Stans be so blind Rolling Eyes

Anyway, it is hard to read about the stans, but I also find them pathetic. At least when Kurt screws up I know he screwed up. I forgive him because I love the character, but I would call him on his behavior, and not excuse it. Kurt has flaws, and I like them, it makes him real.

I do hope they explore why Blaine felt the need to "punish" Kurt by cheating on him. I have a personal belief that Blaine knows people have wanted him for his families money, or for his physical form (Sebastian), or the persona he projected (Warblers). Kurt, however, wanted Blaine. He sees Blaine being a goofball and just rolls his eyes and smiles. Sure Kurt finds him attractive, but that is not why he is with Blaine. Blaine can be honest with Kurt like no one else, and now that positive feedback that he finally got in his life is gone from his daily life. He freaks, and acts out in a very negative manner. If they explore that, and let Kurt see the effort he has gone through to get his life in order, a Klaine reunion is okay. I just don't want it to be, "Oh I missed you so much, that song was so wonderful, let's make up!" and merrily they go off, not-hand-in-hand, because they only get to touch or flirt when they are not dating.

THIS, THIS and THIS. Unfortunately, I don't have any faith left in the writers for this show, so nothing about this plotline has me optimistic. I shudder to think of how the writers will deal with Klaine eventually getting back together.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 10/17/2012, 2:43 am

Divalicious wrote:Let's think of things more positively!! Yeah, I know, hard with Glee. BUT, with all the positive support Blaine has received, and I do believe RIB do troll the internet, I think if they had any mind to lessen what he did to diminish the impact to his character, I think all the stans have done is encourage them to NOT diminish his actions. That means the hero Blaine will finally develop feet of clay, and have to deal with his actions, instead of everything being whitewashed.

Great post. I agree with it.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ladydianab 10/17/2012, 2:18 pm

WooHoo! I agree with all of the above! I re-watched episode 4 last night with a totally fresh eye. I have no idea what the writers have in store for us but here are my thoughts anyway.

Finn thought Rachel cheated on him but she just kissed Brody. Big fight, boom.
We see Blaine text this Eli person who then invites him over. When all four were leaving Call Backs bar Blaine tells Kurt that he was "with someone" and it was just a hookup and did not mean anything... THEN the camera cuts away to Rachel and Finn. We have no idea what was supposed to have been said between Kurt/Blaine. We don't actually know that he slept with the guy or just fooled around or whatever.. Kurt said he was tempted but did not act (how come we didn't get to see that? bummers). There are some unanswered questions yet to come.

Unfortunately, this does reflect teen angst. I see it all the time with my student workers and my own kiddo and friends. Everyone has a different definition of cheating. And.. we all assume that if there is cheating a couple cannot be saved. Sometimes a relationship comes out of the crisis stronger than ever. Maybe this will be the case for Klaine (even though I don't see the on screen chemistry of the Kurt/Blaine characters or actors, I love the "fairy tale" of Klaine. (Chris Colfer of course I love everything he does or says and Darren Criss is cute and adorable is his own way) guess we will have to wait and see what happens but I did feel a little more positive having watched the episode again. Now if we can just have more screen time of Chris!
ladydianab
ladydianab
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 10/18/2012, 7:01 am

sahhar wrote:I shudder to think of how the writers will deal with Klaine eventually getting back together.

Kurt fell in love with Blaine after one song (Teenage Dream).

Blaine fell in love with Kurt after one song (Blackbird).

Wanna bet that Kurt and Blaine reunites after one song as well?

I find that the writers start by having point B in mind, and doesn't really care how it got there from point A. Of course, I'm all for getting pleasantly surprised if they actually started handling the Klaine relationship with care, but I'm not holding my breath. Right now, my feeling is that the writers are incapable of salvaging this wrecked relationship in a way that isn't detrimental to Kurt; therefore, I'm much more keen to see it ended for good.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7