Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread

+27
ColferGirl
sjonnepon
Delight
MissSoniaPP
brisallie
coxfire
Divalicious
FunnyLady
Ireth
valkeakuulas
Glorfindel
emilynna
arina
BlueJazz
msjoanlucette
Dame Loli
sahhar
CloveGlee
sheny
M&M
Ranwing
fantastica
tamara04
ChrisColferFan1
ColferInspired
Jellyrolls
tanita_mors
31 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

What did you think of the episode ?

4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_lcap9%4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_rcap 9% 
[ 2 ]
4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_lcap68%4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_rcap 68% 
[ 15 ]
4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_lcap9%4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_rcap 9% 
[ 2 ]
4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_lcap0%4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_lcap0%4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_lcap14%4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 22

4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread Empty 4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  tanita_mors 9/20/2012, 2:19 pm

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 4
—“GLEE” - (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) CC-AD-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1
ROMANTIC RELATIONSHIPS REACH THE BREAKING POINT ON AN ALL-NEW “GLEE” THURSDAY, OCTOBER 4 ON FOX

Rachel and Kurt are caught off-guard when they get unexpected visits in New York City. Meanwhile, Santana and Brittany deal with the long distance between them, and Will and Emma disagree on a new job offer in the all-new “The Break Up” episode of GLEE airing Thursday, Oct. 4 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GLE-404) (TV-14 D, L)

Cast: Matthew Morrison as Will Schuester; Jane Lynch as Sue Sylvester; Lea Michele as Rachel Berry; Cory Monteith as Finn Hudson; Chris Colfer as Kurt; Kevin McHale as Artie; Amber Riley as Mercedes; Mark Salling as Puck; Jenna Ushkowitz as Tina; Naya Rivera as Santana Lopez; Dianna Agron as Quinn; Heather Morris as Brittany; Darren Criss as Blaine Anderson; Chord Overstreet as Sam Evans; and Jayma Mays as Emma Pillsbury.

Guest Cast: Vanessa Lengies as Sugar Motta; Samuel Larsen as Joe Hart; Jacob Artist as Jake Puckerman; Melissa Benoist as Marley Rose; Dean Geyer as Brody Weston; Becca Tobin as Kitty; Iqbal Theba as Principal Figgins; and Alex Newell as Wade Adams

You all know what to do.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread Empty Re: 4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Jellyrolls 10/4/2012, 10:33 pm

So, I just finally got the internet access in the damn hotel I'm staying in.

Well, well, well. Look who did hook up awith another guy because his boyfriend couldn't take his phone calls. The calls they showed Kurt ignoring where while Kurt was at work. He is not understanding of Kurt at all. Kurt can't stop and take phone calls at work just because Blaine needs needs attention.

OK, Finn asking Kurt for a hug made me teary eyed. I want more Furt.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread Empty Re: 4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Jellyrolls 10/4/2012, 10:40 pm

Aww. Finn. I love him tonight. "Why did you do that to him?" Good standing up for your brother, though I wish you punched out the bastard Wink

Karen wants Unique to go far far away from Glee.

Oh, and rewinding a bit, I didn't expect that Kurt would be the one to say "I feel like I'm kinda dying inside."

Yay, Kurt throwing out the note. Now go throw those flowers down the garbage disposal.

I think tonight is my happiest Glee ever Wink
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 10/4/2012, 10:51 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Aww. Finn. I love him tonight. "Why did you do that to him?" Good standing up for your brother, though I wish you punched out the bastard 4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread 1071211947

Karen wants Unique to go far far away from Glee.

Oh, and rewinding a bit, I didn't expect that Kurt would be the one to say "I feel like I'm kinda dying inside."

Yay, Kurt throwing out the note. Now go throw those flowers down the garbage disposal.

I think tonight is my happiest Glee ever 4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread 1071211947

Damn, I wish I could watch this.

The Blaine stans are seriously upset, they have really thrown Blaine under the bus from what I am reading.

Ryan has made Season 3 for me just a bad memory.

No wonder RIB are at a bar looking at the reaction on twitter. 4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread 650269930 4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread 3429310274
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/4/2012, 11:01 pm

I have never been so happy to see Kurt sad.

Kurt will bounce back from this because he is strong and resilient. That's why I love him so much.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 10/4/2012, 11:04 pm

I did not watch the episode yet. I did recorded to watch later. I have a feeling base on what I read I will be angry at Blaine, not just for cheating on Kurt, but worse in my opinion blaming Kurt.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 10/4/2012, 11:05 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:I have never been so happy to see Kurt sad.

Kurt will bounce back from this because he is strong and resilient. That's why I love him so much.

True he will.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 10/4/2012, 11:08 pm

FanofChrisC&MaxA1 wrote: I did not watch the episode yet. I did recorded to watch later. I have a feeling base on what I read I will be angry at Blaine, not just for cheating on Kurt, but worse in my opinion blaming Kurt.

Yeah, but it seems Kurt did have temptations and lots of Kurtosfsky shippers think one of them might be Dave.

I would love it in episode 7 that Sebastian was one as well. That would be delicious as we know what a whore Sebastian is.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 10/4/2012, 11:15 pm

And now poor Chris is getting hate tweets. 4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread 3181402168

I really hate that part of the fandom. 4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread 3181402168
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 10/4/2012, 11:17 pm

ColferInspired wrote:And now poor Chris is getting hate tweets. 4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread 3181402168

I really hate that part of the fandom. 4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread 3181402168

He is? That makes me :angry:
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 10/4/2012, 11:25 pm

FanofChrisC&MaxA1 wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:And now poor Chris is getting hate tweets. 4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread 3181402168

He is? That makes me 4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread 3181402168

Stupid Blaine stans. 4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread 3181402168
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tamara04 10/4/2012, 11:25 pm

Just watched it. Loved every single Kurt moment. Best line "I'm gonna take this down to the park and watch drug deals go down" lol
And I also liked Santana's singing.She's my second favorite after Kurt. Love her voice. Smile I hope we will see her again now that she broke up with Brittany.
Overall I didn't find the episode as sad as I was expecting. Didn;t need all the boxes of kleenex I had prepared.
But I did yell at the TV when Blaine admitted to cheating. I'm just glad that they didn't officially break up like the others did. That means there is still hope for them. After all, Kurt did say on 2 occasions that he will never say goodbye to Blaine. Maybe he can forgive him...Not that I'm sure that I want him to...I just want Kurt to be happy.
But it will be hard to wait a month to find out! Is the next episode really in 4 weeks???Why are they torturing like that???
tamara04
tamara04
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 10/4/2012, 11:27 pm

ColferInspired wrote:
FanofChrisC&MaxA1 wrote:

He is? That makes me 4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread 3181402168

Stupid Blaine stans. 4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread 3181402168

I am sure you are right.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 10/4/2012, 11:29 pm

ColferInspired wrote:
FanofChrisC&MaxA1 wrote: I did not watch the episode yet. I did recorded to watch later. I have a feeling base on what I read I will be angry at Blaine, not just for cheating on Kurt, but worse in my opinion blaming Kurt.

Yeah, but it seems Kurt did have temptations and lots of Kurtosfsky shippers think one of them might be Dave.

I would love it in episode 7 that Sebastian was one as well. That would be delicious as we know what a whore Sebastian is.

Dave or Sebastian would be great.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 10/4/2012, 11:40 pm

just tweeted the writers and thanked them for breaking up klaine. lol
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/5/2012, 12:00 am

Pretty amazing episode. Will have to give them credit that they managed to make everyone understandable, even if you didn't want to sympathize with them.

I can totally understand why Rachel kicked Finn to the curb at this point. She has every right to be upset and angry over what happened. But I think the breakup is actually going to be better for Finn even though right now he feels completely lost. Trying to live up to Rachel's lofty ideals has been a disaster for him. The beauty of Finn is that he isn't one of those exceptional figures. He's a positively ordinary, deeply flawed young man who has spent the past three years trying to keep up with Rachel and when he fell behind, could only feel worthless. He needs to get away from her to refocus and find himself in a way that he never could standing in her shadow. Having her advise trying to get into NYADA (where Kurt and Jesse couldn't get in) or Pace shows how little she really understands what he really wants or needs - she was just looking for how he might be able to fit into her life.

Santana and Brittany's parting was handled with so much sensativity. I understand where Santana is coming from, knowing that she can't be there for Brittany and that it won't get any better any time soon. Brittany needs someone who comes in for more than a weekend every few weeks and Santana is now finding her identity as an out young woman. Beter to end things now before the cheating and the anger and maybe in the future, they can find their way together again.

Now for Klaine... I understand what Blaine was feeling. I've been in LDRs before and they totally suck. You always feel like you're alone even though you're officially in a realtionship. You get the title of being partnered but don't feel like you're getting any of the benefits. And Blaine's neediness and rashness got the best of him at a moment when Kurt was (very justifyable and understandably) tied up at work and wasn't going to be available. He saw what was a temporary issue (Kurt needing to focus on a work project) and it spiraled in his mind to the point that he made the fateful hook up. And immediately was so overcome by guilt that all he wanted to do was see Kurt and reconnect any way he could, but only discovered that they really were broken. That moment of Kurt and Blaine turning away from one another in bed (without any of Lea's overwrought faces), Kurt looking cold and numb and sick and Blaine just looking like he wanted the earth to open up and swallow him. Both of them were believable and totally understandable even though I stop at being sympathetic to Blaine for crossing that line.

My favorite moments - the Furt scenes. I loved that moment in the loft where Kurt and Finn just got to talk about how much pain they were in and be there for one another as brothers. We don't get enough scenes like that. And I loved Finn asking Blaine how he could do that to Kurt - not asking out of anger but just out of concern for his brother. We really don't get enough scenes with these two because they bring out amazing things in one another.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 10/5/2012, 12:07 am

fantastica wrote:just tweeted the writers and thanked them for breaking up klaine. lol

I don't have a Twitter.but if I did I would be tempted to too.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/5/2012, 12:18 am

Did anyone notice that when Blaine joined in on The Scientist, his vision of Kurt was of Kurt in the outfit that Kurt was wearing when Blaine first met him at Dalton? I might be in favor of their breaking up for now, but I couldn't help from being touched. crycry
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 10/5/2012, 12:39 am

Chris was amazing. He broke me. And Furt was adorable.

I have huge issue with Blaine thinking he could drop Kurt some flowers and a lame note and it would be ok. I also have issue with him calling it "just a hook-up" and acting like Kurt was wrong and unreasonable. I would love for Blaine to go tell Burt that. In fact, I dare you, Blaine.
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/5/2012, 1:20 am

M&M wrote:I have huge issue with Blaine thinking he could drop Kurt some flowers and a lame note and it would be ok. I also have issue with him calling it "just a hook-up" and acting like Kurt was wrong and unreasonable. I would love for Blaine to go tell Burt that. In fact, I dare you, Blaine.

I don't think that Blaine was trying to act like Kurt is being unreasonable. I think he understands very clearly just how badly he fucked up. But he wants to try to speak with Kurt and Kurt is (very understandably) isn't giving him any opening to. I can understand Blaine being upset and frustrated, but if he's angry he's angry at himself. He's not trying to put the blame on Kurt (not after that childish "you weren't there" excuse). He just wants to make it all go away and it won't. And he doesn't know what he can do now.

It was interesting that he used yellow and red roses for his appology offering (red for love and yellow for friendship). It was a nice call back to the flowers that Kurt gave him in Asian F. I don't doubt that he dearly loves Kurt, but as the card with the flowers said, he's very much in the doghouse and it's going to be a very long time before he's going to be able to dig his way out of this.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 10/5/2012, 1:38 am

Kurt's face broke my heart. And I'm happy about the answer he gave Blaine that he was lonely too, that he was tempted but didn't act on it. That made Blaine shut up and feel even worse I'm sure, well he deserves it. I don't hate Blaine, actually he is in My Top 5 favourite characters, but I really want to punch him in the face and somewhere else too.
This definitely is a great way way to beg for forgiveness. Just run away and send a stupid card.
I like the idea about Kurt and Sebastian, that would be great but I doubt they will do it.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 10/5/2012, 1:51 am

i agree this is a very good episode. I think the fact that I am not shipping anyone (except kurt and independant happiness) means I can watch the episode w/ an unbiased attitude - simply enjoying it as a drama show.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 10/5/2012, 2:01 am

my fav scene is when kurt was cooking breakfast and he and finchel together like a family. such a warm fuzzy moment. they really should have made furt's home w/ dad burt and mom carole plus rachel the central part of the show - spinfoff for example, and just focus on their life at home, like a sit com. it would be so great I would watch it.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 10/5/2012, 2:05 am

4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread Tumblr_mbeh5iAp6T1qe476yo1_500
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  CloveGlee 10/5/2012, 2:20 am

Not a full recap, but I've got a shorter episode review up at the blog. http://recappersdelight.blogspot.com/2012/10/first-thoughts-on-glee-episode-breakup.html

I thought this was a big platter of hiatus - driven manipulation with a side order of incredibly good acting. I thought the writing on the
Finchel story was absolutely perfect. I don't think Wemma actually broke up.

Now that I've seen the episode I do in fact agree that they've kind of thrown Blaine under the bus. That was... really needy, selfish behavior. Really bad. Worse than I expected, especially because of the parallels to "Dance With Somebody." I think they will have some difficulty redeeming the character. On the plus side, Darren was downright impressive.

CloveGlee
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://recappersdelight.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next