Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread

+27
ColferGirl
sjonnepon
Delight
MissSoniaPP
brisallie
coxfire
Divalicious
FunnyLady
Ireth
valkeakuulas
Glorfindel
emilynna
arina
BlueJazz
msjoanlucette
Dame Loli
sahhar
CloveGlee
sheny
M&M
Ranwing
fantastica
tamara04
ChrisColferFan1
ColferInspired
Jellyrolls
tanita_mors
31 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

What did you think of the episode ?

4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_lcap9%4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 9% 
[ 2 ]
4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_lcap68%4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 68% 
[ 15 ]
4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_lcap9%4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 9% 
[ 2 ]
4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_lcap0%4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_lcap0%4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_lcap14%4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 22

4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 Empty Re: 4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  ChrisColferFan1 10/11/2012, 1:20 pm

CloveGlee wrote:Just, please, please, please, RIB, let this kid have a romantic moment or two with somebody besides Blaine. If there must be a Klaine reunion, I want it to be because Kurt has options and just decides that the heartbroken man sobbing on his knees to him, pleading for forgiveness is worth taking another chance on. I want him to know what it's like to be wanted by somebody else, to know that he's actually attractive and worthy of love, devotion, and.... loyalty.

I agree 100%.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 Empty Re: 4x04 "The Break-Up" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Ranwing 10/11/2012, 2:25 pm

CloveGlee wrote:Just, please, please, please, RIB, let this kid have a romantic moment or two with somebody besides Blaine. If there must be a Klaine reunion, I want it to be because Kurt has options and just decides that the heartbroken man sobbing on his knees to him, pleading for forgiveness is worth taking another chance on. I want him to know what it's like to be wanted by somebody else, to know that he's actually attractive and worthy of love, devotion, and.... loyalty.

The best advice I ever heard about deciding whether or not to end a relationship is whether it's going to hurt more to be with the person or to be apart from them.

Kurt has some important choices to make, and the fact that the show left the actual status of his relationship with Blaine ambiguous is because he's not rushing his decision in a fit of hurt emotions. It would be easy to just dump the whole thing, but I get that he loves Blaine and it's not an easy thing to just walk away from. Now, having said that, a long break is definately needed. Kurt needs to be able to settle into his job, decide whether he's going to stick with fashion or give NYADA another shot (and if he gets into NYADA, figure out what the hell he's going to do! Smile ) and start making some friends of his own in NY. He needs to be able to build his life without worrying that his boyfriend in Lima is going to flake out each time a phone call has to get cut off early.

And Blaine needs some time to figure his shit out. It's understandable that he feels lonely that most of those that he was closest to at McKinley have graduated, but he's not without friends. He's not without distractions. He's got to learn to manage on his own without needing Kurt's approval or feedback for each and every little thing. In other words, he needs to grow the fuck up. He needs to learn to put the brakes on things before he acts rashly and makes stupid decisions that he can't just undo. And to stop with the avoidance/self-sabatogue habit he's got going on because that more than anything else got him into this mess. Relationships run into problems all the time, but how Blaine handles those problems is really troubling.

As far as dating, Kurt should have a chance to at least date casually to get a sense of what he wants in a relationship and to stop seeing himself as undesirable (and therefore lucky to have gotten Blaine at all). He needs to restore his sense of self-worth so that he's not automatically threatened by someone flirting with Blaine (he needs to have more of a "Why the hell would you think that he's even be tempted? Have you taken a look at me? attitude) and to see him as Blaine's full equal. Let him have some options, see what the world has to offer and only then decide that he's willing to give Blaine another chance. But that decision needs to come from Kurt and it needs to come from a place of confidence, not a fear that if he doesn't take Blaine back that he's doomed to a life of solitude because he's apparently the gay Quasimodo.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 10/11/2012, 2:52 pm

Preach, Ranwing

Yes, please, with sugar on top. Give us not only why should Kurt stay with Blaine (because he gets his shit together) but just how attractive this young man is, in eyes unbiased by memories of milkmaid Kurt. That he is tall, slender, gorgeous. This guy should be hit on, he shouldn't feel, ever, that he is the weak link in this partnership. He should know he is desirable, and a great catch. That he is with Blaine because he loves him, and decided they can work through this, not, gosh, he might be the only sex I ever get, and on this show, that is the only sure sign of success, so I must be with Blaine!! People (stanners) say that Blaine gives and gives, and Kurt takes and takes, but I frankly don't see what Blaine gives. Songs? Umm, I think Kurt pointed out he isn't exactly happy to always be sitting on the stool listening passively to Blaine sing. Sex, well I think Blaine gets something from that as well. They've both given flowers now, one in congratulations, one in apology, kind of different there. They don't show enough of real interaction between them for anyone to say either of them gives or takes more.

I would love to see a scene where someone hits on Kurt at CallBacks and Kurt is oblivious to it, because no one hits on him, he doesn't even know what it feels like. To have Rachel notice and mention to Blaine via phone call, have you ever told Kurt he was sexy? Have you complimented him on his perfect asp, as Chandler would say? Do you make him feel like he is desirable? Unlike Blaine, Kurt hasn't been in an atmosphere that adulated him. Where he is sex on a stick. He has had pee balloons thrown at him and told he was a stalker who wouldn't listen to "no" even though "no" was never uttered. Kurt may know he looks good, in his style etc, but he doesn't know he is hot and sexy, because even his boyfriend says he is adorable. I call my kittens adorable. Doesn't exactly equate with man, I can't wait to get my hands on you because you are so incredibly hot. Not in the least.

But, I just remembered, in Gleedom, only Blaine is right. So he will not only backpedal what actually happened, it will be Kurt's fault for not taking his calls. Preparing myself now.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/11/2012, 3:02 pm

Ranwing wrote: He needs to be able to build his life without worrying that his boyfriend in Lima is going to flake out each time a phone call has to get cut off early.
Divalicious wrote:But, I just remembered, in Gleedom, only Blaine is right. So he will not only backpedal what actually happened, it will be Kurt's fault for not taking his calls. Preparing myself now.
Remember Karofsky?
Remember when they showed us that Kurt had refused to take Karofsky's calls before the attempted suicide? Remember when later Kurt told Karofsky he would be there for him? Remember that we said that from that moment on Kurt would never be able to refuse to take a call from Karofsky ever again, because of the consequences it might have?

Kurt will never be able to go on a work-related city trip to Paris or Milano, miss dinner because he's working late, or get too excited about his own success again, because that old fear of not being enough for Blaine will still be bugging him. Evil or Very Mad

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 10/11/2012, 4:53 pm

Divalicious wrote:I would love to see a scene where someone hits on Kurt at CallBacks and Kurt is oblivious to it, because no one hits on him, he doesn't even know what it feels like. To have Rachel notice and mention to Blaine via phone call, have you ever told Kurt he was sexy? Have you complimented him on his perfect asp, as Chandler would say? Do you make him feel like he is desirable? Unlike Blaine, Kurt hasn't been in an atmosphere that adulated him. Where he is sex on a stick. He has had pee balloons thrown at him and told he was a stalker who wouldn't listen to "no" even though "no" was never uttered. Kurt may know he looks good, in his style etc, but he doesn't know he is hot and sexy, because even his boyfriend says he is adorable. I call my kittens adorable. Doesn't exactly equate with man, I can't wait to get my hands on you because you are so incredibly hot. Not in the least.

This idea made me incredibly sad, not because you said it, but because it's so true and horrible. crycry

And yes to all of your suggestion guys. I think all of us would be more than happy if Kurt would get wooed and dined and called handsome, beautiful and sexy. I don't even want him to change from his romantic idealism but he doesn't have to inorder to date and if he decides to take it to the next level with someone then I'm hoping he'll do it after dating, getting appreciation and definately without guilty feelings!
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ladydianab 10/11/2012, 11:07 pm

Not to be too OT but Chris, himself, deserves this in his life. Not just fans that express their admiration and love but a true romantic love. We don't see it is as much anymore since Chris has become a confident young man but there has been some self esteem issues. I hope he and Kurt get true love and affection.
ladydianab
ladydianab
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 10/12/2012, 2:44 am

Chris seems very private person, we never heard about those "one of two" boyfriends before he had mentioned them on twiter, so it's totally possible he can have someone and we just don't know about it... and maybe he does not even want serious relationship considering how busy he is... (I feel kind of weird speculating on his personal live)
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 10/12/2012, 11:50 am

OT:

Some fans have the theory he had someone between the end of 2011 and the interview he gave to Chelsea this year, because she said something about having a date in a balloon so gay guys couldn't escape and Chris did a gesture as he was saying "You're right". So fans concluded that he was referring to someone.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 10/12/2012, 7:54 pm

Divalicious wrote:Preach, Ranwing

Kurt may know he looks good, in his style etc, but he doesn't know he is hot and sexy, because even his boyfriend says he is adorable. I call my kittens adorable. Doesn't exactly equate with man, I can't wait to get my hands on you because you are so incredibly hot. Not in the least.

Ok, Blaine might have been drunk but I feel he wanted Kurt in "The first time" in the Scandals parking lot when he was pawing him.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/13/2012, 7:26 am

Buenos wrote:Ok, Blaine might have been drunk but I feel he wanted Kurt in "The first time" in the Scandals parking lot when he was pawing him.
Yes, but Blaine was not only drunk (which we know make him do spontaneous things), he was also horny (as in: I want to have sex, and not: I want to have sex with you because you're irresistable) and he was challenged and questioned about him being a virgin by Artie that same week.
So Blaine wanted Kurt, but how much of that want was because of Kurt?, as Blaine was very willing to wait with sex with Kurt untill Kurt was ready, but Kurt certainly wasn't ready at Scandals, and Blaine had been dancing with another guy half of the night.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 10/13/2012, 11:37 am

^ The Klaine romance had unfortunately been tainted by some really unsatisfying writing.

-Blaine getting rejected by GAP guy and going through Rachel/bi-curious phase before deciding that Kurt is 'the one'.
-Blaine dancing with Sebastian and being drunk during the first time he decided to initiate sex with Kurt.
-Blaine cheating on Kurt.

I could go on, but that would mean having to put this post in the S&B.

I suppose given the Glee's track record of romantic storylines, this is probably to be expected.

There's no guarantee that any new love interest Kurt may or may not get (though I'm leaning towards 'may not', because I don't believe in good things for Kurt from the writers) would be a better alternative, but at least I would get some satisfaction in seeing Kurt being desired by someone other than his cheating bf.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Piciollina 10/15/2012, 11:23 am

As far as I'm concerned,Blaine has always been needy and manipulates people and situations to get what he wants or to justify or ignore his inapropriate or unhealthy behavior and Kurt has definitely been on the frontlines.
I won’t be surprised if we get more justification and sympathizing (in the way the show/character is written) with Blaine in the next few episodes given the setup of the previous two (that Blaine was lonely - oh poor Blaine etc blah blah).
Unless someone has a gun to your head, there is no excuse for cheating and to blame the person that you cheated on for your cheating is not taking responsibility for your actions, and really a douchey thing to do.

Actually it reminds me of when he tried to pressure Kurt into having sex and then when Kurt didn’t give in blaming him for not being spontaneous and fun and then accepting Kurt’s apology for the situation arising in the first place - thereby placing the blame on Kurt for his own douchebag actions and behaviour.

What is happening now is that blaine is getting the ‘oh poor blaine’ treatment (insert justifications, rationalising for his cheating like being lonely and Kurt being mean and rude etc =bullshit ‘reason’s that are nothing more than excuses) even though he’s the one that actually cheated, which if it had been Kurt that cheated it is most probable that he would not get the same treatment (as in ‘oh poor Kurt’ there must be reasons, rationalisations etc for why he cheated) based on the previous responses/reactions given towards him in DWS and in general the way that all of Blaines douchebag behaviour gets rationalised away or ignored or justified.

Despite the fact that Blaine did the same thing or even worse with Sebastian (because Blaine didn’t just text him he chatted on the phone and online in secret as well as had secret coffee dates, danced all night with him while Kurt sat alone at the bar, gave away ND song choices to him, sat by while Sebastian insulted Kurt and said nothing to defend him, Blaine knew that Sebastian wanted to break him and Kurt up and was interested in him sexually, he lied to Kurt about it and about not liking Sebastian) which he briefly admitted was the same thing (despite earlier claiming it was family friendly and Sebastian saying he was sex on a stick etc) ...
Once a cheater, always a cheater. Evil or Very Mad

My wish - an impossible one, I know - for Kurt is to be desired, cherished, worshipped by the others... And by "others" I mean an undetermined numbers of men Embarassed ok, ok just one would be fine dryy
I wish for a true man, with strong attitude, a big heart, strong arms to hold him everynight. A man who will be so glad, so greatfull to have Kurt as a partner, 'cause KUrt is a gift and he's not "the ugly part of a relationship"

Piciollina
Piciollina
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/15/2012, 11:40 am

My biggest fear right now is:

Spoiler:
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 10/15/2012, 11:57 am

Jellyrolls wrote:My biggest fear right now is:

Spoiler:

I think I puked a little in my mouth. What would be even worse would be to have Blaine being "so depressed" that everyone harrasses Kurt and coax him into talking to Blaine because "he feels so bad". and then the scenario you just mentioned. Urgh. I would throw my laptop off my balcony.
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 10/15/2012, 1:21 pm

Spoiler:

I agree 100%.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 10/15/2012, 2:29 pm

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tamara04 10/15/2012, 6:02 pm

Gaaaaaah!!I'm so tempted to read these spoilers but no. No I won't! vexe
tamara04
tamara04
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 10/15/2012, 6:31 pm

they aren't really some new spoilers. it more general spoiler/speculation talk that we have had since we found out about the cheating plotline, but because this is a past episode thread, it's in spoiler bars.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 10/16/2012, 4:42 am

I think the main reason i can't stand Blaine is because he always get forgiven too easily for his mistake. Most of the time, he somehow manage to get away from the consequences of his douchey actions hence we can hardly see any character growth in him. It's not the character or actor's fault but the writers' and fandom's. He's like the Edward Cullen and Christian Grey of Glee. They are all paired with people who seem to be the less worthy and desirable ones in the fans' eyes so audiences always try to downplay the seriousness of their wrongdoings since they think they're "too good" for their significant others. Tbh, i'm not so sure a character like Blaine is any good for the teen girls today.

All in all, i think i would have liked Blaine a lot more if he was given the chance to deal with his mistakes, learn from it and redeem himself.

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 10/16/2012, 5:13 am

BlueJazz wrote:I think the main reason i can't stand Blaine is because he always get forgiven too easily for his mistake. Most of the time, he somehow manage to get away from the consequences of his douchey actions hence we can hardly see any character growth in him. It's not the character or actor's fault but the writers' and fandom's. He's like the Edward Cullen and Christian Grey of Glee. They are all paired with people who seem to be the less worthy and desirable ones in the fans' eyes so audiences always try to downplay the seriousness of their wrongdoings since they think they're "too good" for their significant others. Tbh, i'm not so sure a character like Blaine is any good for the teen girls today.

All in all, i think i would have liked Blaine a lot more if he was given the chance to deal with his mistakes, learn from it and redeem himself.

Blaine is a perfect Disney prince in those girls' eyes. He can't do wrong. He is the perfect boyfriend and his partner should be happy to have him no matter what he does. Kurt should always forgive him, even after cheating, because Blaine is too good to loose. It's just sad. I hope when they grow up a little, they will learn that nobody is perfect and people can't get away with every mistake they do just because they are cute or hot or whatever other stupid things they think Blaine is. [u]

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sani 10/16/2012, 9:05 am

BlueJazz wrote:I think the main reason i can't stand Blaine is because he always get forgiven too easily for his mistake.
I agree. I think what's bothering me more than Blaine cheating on Kurt is the fandoms reaction to it, if the roles were reversed and Kurt was the one who cheated I don't think people would be saying "Poor Kurt."

Seriously if I see even one more "Poor Blaine" comment I'm gonna break something... Smh.
Sani
Sani
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 10/16/2012, 10:45 am

The problem is that the show only showed the story from Blaine's POV in order to woobify him. We got to see him feel dejected because Kurt wouldn't listen to his bowtie existential crisis, that he was the one shown saying "I love you" to a dialtone and be the one calling Kurt and getting his voicemail.

We didn't get to see Kurt be overload with work apart from one scene. We didn't get to see him at work trying to catch a break, or coming home very late after a long day at work, or even having to deal with everyday life: having to furnish the appartment, go shop for groceries, etc.

Everything was done to show only Blaine's longing for Kurt, and none of Kurt's loneliness, like being away from his Dad particularly, with whom he had such a close relationship, or having to adjust to be on your own in a big city and even missing his boyfriend was shown. We are just supposed to think Kurt completely forgot of everything in Lima as soon as he started to Vogue, which is pretty unrealistic, I have a hard time believing Kurt wouldn't call Blaine at least on weekends. Besides, since we were shown that Kurt tried to call Blaine and clearly stated he knew the situation was difficult, and that it was also difficult for him, I can't definitely not excuse Blaine's decision of cheating.

To me, the main reason the whole "Kurt neglected him" is BS to me, is that nowadays, there are so many ways of communicating other than the phone that Blaine only relying on the phone proves he is a moron. If really he felt that bad, couldn't he send a text/an e-mail/a message on Facebook or twitter stating : "Kurt, we really need to talk"? No. He called Kurt at work, got his voicemail and then cheated on him.

From the vibe I've got, Blaine was not only reproaching Kurt not be available on the phone, but his physical absence. During their conversation, Blaine was telling Kurt he missed hugging/kissing/messing around with him, to which Kurt's answer is that Blaine is coming in 2 weeks, and then Blaine answers "and what am I going to do, hold my breath"? When he said that, I was like: what do you Kurt to do, Blaine? Teleport himself to Ohio so that you can have sex? Yes Blaine, until you can see each other, you'll have to hold your breath, or, as you stated yourself last year "that's why they invented masturbation". His remark had no connection to the communication anymore but to the physical aspect of it.

All in all, in his actions, Blaine showed that it wasn't just the miscommunication with Kurt that he missed, but the physical aspect of the relation, which is the core of LDR troubles. And Blaine proved how not well suited he is for these kind of relationships, because he is too needy, and he failed.

My major problem with the way it was handled, and the critics that are thrown at Kurt, is that it seems that Kurt is judged for graduating before Blaine and "leaving Blaine behind to struggle to adjust", but never were Kurt's struggle dealt with.
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/16/2012, 11:33 am

coxfire wrote:My major problem with the way it was handled, and the critics that are thrown at Kurt, is that it seems that Kurt is judged for graduating before Blaine and "leaving Blaine behind to struggle to adjust", but never were Kurt's struggle dealt with.

It's one thing to examine Blaine's reasoning that lead him to make that decision. The problem is that too many see reasoning as excuses. I totally get that Blaine was feeling very lonely and missed Kurt's presence (and missed Kurt sexually as well). That doesn't justify anything of what he did to Kurt. And no matter how much one can sympathize with Blaine, you can't just wipe away the fact that Kurt is the wronged party here. And when so much focus is given to Blaine's feelings (and not enough to Kurt's) you end up with the audience basically being told who to feel sympathy for.

It's interesting that whenever Kurt had to swallow a dissapointment where Blaine benefited (such as losing the lead to WSS to Blaine), he might have been upset with the situation, but he never took his frustration out on Blaine. He didn't hold it against Blaine for getting the part that he wanted (and he seemed to hold no anger of losing his race for student body president whereas Blaine wins his). Kurt might be angry over unfair outcomes (like he should be about being rejected by NYADA while Rachel the Choker gets in), but he never holds the ones who benefited from his misfortune responsible. Blaine, on the other hand does. I completely get that he misses his boyfriend terribly and wants to have him nearby - that's a perfectly normal feeling to have when you're seperated from someone that you love. But Blaine's immediate response - to hold the fact that Kurt wasn't there as the reason for his cheating is putting the blame on Kurt for not being there for him. Instead of acknowledging that he missed Kurt (not Kurt's fault) and how he handled Kurt's absence, he made it clear that he cheated because Kurt wasn't there. That because for one, Kurt was focused on developing his own career, it was Kurt's fault that Blaine strayed. And that was where Blaine lost my sympathy.

I totally agree that along with seeing Blaine struggle with understanding why he betrayed Kurt in this way that the show does show Kurt's feelings so that there is some balance. It's okay to feel some sympathy for Blaine's struggles, just so long as the show doesn't lose sight over the fact that Blaine was the one who cause this pain to Kurt and that Kurt suffered as a result.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 10/16/2012, 12:26 pm

Ranwing wrote:
coxfire wrote:My major problem with the way it was handled, and the critics that are thrown at Kurt, is that it seems that Kurt is judged for graduating before Blaine and "leaving Blaine behind to struggle to adjust", but never were Kurt's struggle dealt with.

It's one thing to examine Blaine's reasoning that lead him to make that decision. The problem is that too many see reasoning as excuses. I totally get that Blaine was feeling very lonely and missed Kurt's presence (and missed Kurt sexually as well). That doesn't justify anything of what he did to Kurt. And no matter how much one can sympathize with Blaine, you can't just wipe away the fact that Kurt is the wronged party here. And when so much focus is given to Blaine's feelings (and not enough to Kurt's) you end up with the audience basically being told who to feel sympathy for.

It's interesting that whenever Kurt had to swallow a dissapointment where Blaine benefited (such as losing the lead to WSS to Blaine), he might have been upset with the situation, but he never took his frustration out on Blaine. He didn't hold it against Blaine for getting the part that he wanted (and he seemed to hold no anger of losing his race for student body president whereas Blaine wins his). Kurt might be angry over unfair outcomes (like he should be about being rejected by NYADA while Rachel the Choker gets in), but he never holds the ones who benefited from his misfortune responsible. Blaine, on the other hand does. I completely get that he misses his boyfriend terribly and wants to have him nearby - that's a perfectly normal feeling to have when you're seperated from someone that you love. But Blaine's immediate response - to hold the fact that Kurt wasn't there as the reason for his cheating is putting the blame on Kurt for not being there for him. Instead of acknowledging that he missed Kurt (not Kurt's fault) and how he handled Kurt's absence, he made it clear that he cheated because Kurt wasn't there. That because for one, Kurt was focused on developing his own career, it was Kurt's fault that Blaine strayed. And that was where Blaine lost my sympathy.

I totally agree that along with seeing Blaine struggle with understanding why he betrayed Kurt in this way that the show does show Kurt's feelings so that there is some balance. It's okay to feel some sympathy for Blaine's struggles, just so long as the show doesn't lose sight over the fact that Blaine was the one who cause this pain to Kurt and that Kurt suffered as a result.

Great post.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 10/16/2012, 12:27 pm

Sani wrote:
BlueJazz wrote:I think the main reason i can't stand Blaine is because he always get forgiven too easily for his mistake.
I agree. I think what's bothering me more than Blaine cheating on Kurt is the fandoms reaction to it, if the roles were reversed and Kurt was the one who cheated I don't think people would be saying "Poor Kurt."

Seriously if I see even one more "Poor Blaine" comment I'm gonna break something... Smh.

Wonderful post.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next