Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4x01 "The New Rachel" Watch & Discussion thread

+16
valkeakuulas
Ireth
Delight
Sani
Glorfindel
sheny
Ces
Ranwing
zuppid
sahhar
ChrisColferFan1
ColferInspired
brisallie
fantastica
Jellyrolls
tanita_mors
20 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

What did you think of the episode ?

4x01 "The New Rachel" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%4x01 "The New Rachel" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
4x01 "The New Rachel" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap44%4x01 "The New Rachel" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 44% 
[ 8 ]
4x01 "The New Rachel" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap44%4x01 "The New Rachel" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 44% 
[ 8 ]
4x01 "The New Rachel" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%4x01 "The New Rachel" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
4x01 "The New Rachel" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap6%4x01 "The New Rachel" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
4x01 "The New Rachel" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap6%4x01 "The New Rachel" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 18

4x01 "The New Rachel" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Empty Re: 4x01 "The New Rachel" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Sani 9/14/2012, 9:03 am

I'm still debating if I'm going to download the episode...I've seen the Burt/Kurt scene on tumblr, and loved it. wub
But I feel like that was the only relevant scene in the whole episode, oh and the Hummelberry scene too... So yeah I think I'm probably going to skip it.

Sani
Sani
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

4x01 "The New Rachel" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Empty Re: 4x01 "The New Rachel" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  tanita_mors 9/14/2012, 9:07 am

well, i always watch the full episode the first time. how can i judge the quality otherwise.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 9/14/2012, 9:28 am

fantastica wrote:this is the video of that interview (where he mentioned "devil wears prada" similarity w/ his vogue storyline) but damn it I cannot embed it - Delight, where are you???

http://chriscolfernews.tumblr.com/post/31501526901/chris-colfer-dishes-on-his-fashionable

Yup, the firefox trick no longer works on tumblr videos now. I think a fancy video downloading program is required, but I have no idea how that works...

But the video on the link you showed above is a youtube one, so there's no problem:

sahhar wrote:
Now to main person we care about. Is it just me or did Chris sounds ridiculously HOT and SEXY during his intro scene with Rachel and for a lot of the episode?

It's not just you. One thing that struck me as well was how incredibly sexy Kurt sounded on the phone. Rachel is one lucky gal, and I don't blame her for wanting to call Kurt every three hours. I would too, in her shoes, just to listen to that voice tonguue

fantastica wrote:there are clips of kurt out already - so if you don't want to watch the rest of the stuff there are clips where he's in. but someone please tell me how to embed those tumblr videos where the old Firefox trick no longer works!

Guess we'll have to wait for youtube versions. Or gifs.

By FAR the best scene in the episode:

4x01 "The New Rachel" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_mabim8jqSC1qe3p9bo1_250 4x01 "The New Rachel" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_mabim8jqSC1qe3p9bo2_250
4x01 "The New Rachel" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_mabim8jqSC1qe3p9bo3_250 4x01 "The New Rachel" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_mabim8jqSC1qe3p9bo4_250
4x01 "The New Rachel" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_mabim8jqSC1qe3p9bo5_250 4x01 "The New Rachel" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_mabim8jqSC1qe3p9bo6_250
4x01 "The New Rachel" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_mabim8jqSC1qe3p9bo7_250 4x01 "The New Rachel" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_mabim8jqSC1qe3p9bo8_250

crycry

Ces wrote:
And I won't even comment on the whole "we're popular, therefor only cool people can sit here!" plot - I hated how they changed Tina :(

It's ridiculous how many of the ND members got personality transplants in the first episode just to service the storyline that introduces Marley. I don't even recognize Tina anymore, and the same goes for the rest of the club. Sam seems to be the only one who remained like-able in the end, because even when he's meant to be douche-y, he was being dorky and adorable about it (with his Game of Thrones reference). Joe Hart didn't have a speaking line, so the personality transplant wasn't as obvious.

Ces wrote:Good thing I didn't have high hopes for this season tonguue

Best way to enjoy Glee. I actually find the episode bearable to watch, thanks to my rock bottom expectations.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 9/14/2012, 10:11 am

Glorfindel wrote:They cut the scene of Kurt with his multi dollars suitcases in the airport. :(

I third Chris sounding smoking hot in that last scene. hapitgh

I noticed that :( Maybe,it will be part of the extras on a season 4 DVD. I also agree Kurt sounding hot in the last scene. hapitgh
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 9/14/2012, 10:25 am

sheny wrote:
Ces wrote:
Glees fail-logic keeps on going. What happened to "anyone who try out, will get accepted in the club", and I didn't read fast enough, but it was only the new chick that got accepted? Don't they need like 12 minimum to compete?

And I won't even comment on the whole "we're popular, therefor only cool people can sit here!" plot - I hated how they changed Tina :(

I've been thinking the same thing. They probably forgot that they need 12 members. But it's Glee there is no logic. The new Glee club members will just pop out of somewhere.

Somehow Jake and Kitty will be in Glee club, besides Blake's character is appearing in episode 5 according to rumors. So there're the 12 members.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 9/14/2012, 10:40 am

Will have to say that now that I've seen both Ms. Tibideaux and Cassandra July actually in their educator capacities, I've lost whatever respect I had for Ms. Tibideaux and gained a huge amount of respect for Cassandra. Ms. July might be a meanspirited woman with a drinking problem, but I came away with the impression that she is still a damn good teacher. She's bluntly honest with her students (that most of them likely will never see a Broadway stage) and the cruelty that she showed in that first dance class? That is absolutely nothing compared to what's waiting for them outside of NYADA. The girl nicknamed Muffin Top? Having her weight criticized is going to be an every day occurance so she either will get motivated to lose weight (which will make her more employable) or thicken her skin. It's Sue Sylvester style tough teaching, but it will help prepare them to deal with what being a working actor is like. I get the impression that she takes her role as teacher very, very seriously.

Was she mean to Rachel? Sure, but we also saw her show a lot of encouragement towards her former TA who was now moving on to his first professional role. Even with Rachel, she offered some compliment that she was somewhat improving so I'm not getting the impression that she's being a bitch just for the sake of being a bitch. Unfortunately Rachel then responded with a somewhat angry and defiant attitude and that destroyed whatever begrudging good will she might have earned with her marginal improvements. Rachel really is pants at reading people and probably killed any chance of a good teaching relationship between the two of them.

On the other hand, Ms. Tibideaux? I wanted to respect her because she seemed to be a really dedicated professional in Choke and Props. Her professional rational for chewing out Rachel made enormous sense and I got the impression at that point that she was an extremely demanding and dedicated professional who took her new role as both Dean and teacher seriously. That started to crack when she admitted Rachel after seeing her at Nationals (bypassing the process that every other student applying to NYADA had to go through and giving Rachel special consideration). But seeing her in her classroom?

Her abrupt and cruel dismissal of the girl that performed before Rachel was shocking (in that it's the first day of actual teaching) and really absurd. I get that she was annoyed that the girl apparently didn't do the training that she was told to upon being accepted, but it revealed two really pertinent facts to me. Ms. Tibideaux is motivated more by whim than anything else in who she choses to admit and seems to be going against pretty much how any school program is run (where students usually get cut after seriously flunking out and have a full semester to prove themselves). It also showed that she wasn't picking the best of the best. This was a student that she accepted with a big caviat. How many others are there? I'd argued before that Rachel should not have been admitted under the circumstances that she was given how restrictive a program NYADA is supposed to be and now it's pretty obvious that Rachel isn't the only student there who had any other school official been running the admissions process wouldn't have gotten in.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 9/14/2012, 11:52 am

I thought this was a pretty decent episode...and the Burt and Kurt scene was perfect.
Not to mention Kurt's voice in all the phone scenes.

As for the new characters-I liked Cassandra. She seems like Sue when Sue is being tough but caring, and she wasn't the monster Rachel makes her out to be. And I think Rachel was really dumb to point out her teacher's alcohol breath in front of everyone. Of course she's going to hate Rachel with a vengeance after that.

Marley was sweet, but I don't know how interesting she'll be. I love her voice. Jake seems interesting, Kitty is just a bitch and whether I like her character or not depends on how they utilize her. Brody was boring.

I really did not like the new Tina and Blaine, especially Tina who seems to have become a whole new person entirely. While the whole "we're popular so we're going to act popular" thing was fun, I didn't like how plain mean some of that was. Unique was treated very badly I think-I can't imagine them not even clapping for her but that's what happened. They were so unwelcoming. And Mr Blaine "Call them out. Prejudice is just ignorance" Anderson came across as hypocritical this episode. The whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/14/2012, 2:06 pm

^ haha, mr. anderson is mr. chameleon. we've learned that since S2. tina's change is out of nowhere. it seems that whenever they try to "develop" a long neglected character by giving him/her some personalities, it's a wrongly implanted personality and ends up ruining that character. their best effort is someone who was created from the draft board w/ a certain personality, like blaine's older bro, Cassandra, and I am sure JSP's character too. Also these characters are short lived so they don't or won't have a chance to give them multiple personalities.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 9/14/2012, 2:19 pm

Yes indeed, it was quite different show, but maybe I've also learned a lot from last season and I've distanced myself a little bit. Somehow for me, what made this extra new and different, were the new scenerys and outside shoots. There almost never were any outside shots in the previous seasons besides the very first episodes in the first season.

What was old Glee were the inconsistances and repetitiveness: personality changes over the summer, Will forgetting Glee primary rule of everyone getting in, Rachel being called a considerate person blinkk by Kurt and virtually the last scene was exactly the same as in very first episode.

After saying all that, I liked the first 43 minutes of this season. I did not find the jumps between Lima an NY disturbing because they have used even different backround sounds for the NY dialogue and scenes to separate it from the McKinley ones. Cassandra was extremely interesting person and she obviously cares for some of her students and I thought it was clever how they showed that to the audience. As of the way she treated Rachel: there are always crazy and passionate art teachers out there that lack the first hand sympathy points but do work to get their studets ready for tough competition.

The inner Kurtsie shows in me that I'm not really that interested or disappointed for the McKinley side, I really came for Kurt and other was just pop culture flowing through my eyes. The songs were the same flow by's and they actually helped me to take a break from the show that did not have Kurt or even Rachel in it. It was good entertainment, but I can not see Glee surviving without Hummelberry but I am thinking of whether they will slowly diminish or increase one or the other. Like some of you have said I think they are now just sitting and waiting for the responses: what do people want, and that makes me doubt they'll ever get it right because they just lack the ability in listening to their own voice of reason. Brody's introduction was just ridiculous, stepping out of the shower 3am just to show the skin.

And to the most important: KURT! Looking good, having good lines: "Artie go around it, not over it!" and being at the same time scared and anxious. Still wishing we would have gotten a scene between Schue and Kurt to resolve these old issues, well you can't have it all...And of course son and dad combo is just too much, just seeing that gif set brought tears back to my eyes. And what is magical about this particular scene is that Kurt was actually the less impacted one: letting go of Kurt hurts his dad so much and considering how few scenes (minute wise) these two have actually had in Glee history makes it amazing that viewers are so affected with these two. (I have no doubt it has to do with talented acting, but still.)

I'm a little bit calmer now about the whole show and the idea of watching it because some of that anxiousness has diminished and the process of letting Glee go is easier. I know now that I can watch the show purely for Kurt and enjoy what I'm getting but still being a fan and not really give crap about what RIB+ will come up with. I'll give them a chance to redeem themselves, this is one of 22 steps to me...will see.

Last edited by valkeakuulas on 9/14/2012, 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 9/14/2012, 2:30 pm

Ok guys. I don't know where the ratings thread is, but the ratings came in from tvbythenumbers.com.

Yesterday for the first time in life I was hoping to see Glee's ratings DROP instead of climb like previous seasons. I feel like a really bad person for saying this but it's the truth. The writing for Kurt is still not even close to what we want it to be and we know that he doesn't stand a chance of having a great written storyline and be given treatment worthy of what he deserves.

So I was actually really upset (don't me mad at me I know it's a terrible thing to say) that the ratings were actually pretty good. This is a bad sign guys, especially for Chris and for Kurt and how the writers currently write for him. Trollphy says Season 4 will def not be the last, and I'm not happy about that. Now there's definitely a chance of this show continuing for many more seasons and I honestly think it doesn't deserve it. If this gives the network and makers more hope to continue the series and continue writing the Rachel and Blaine show, I just, ughhhhhhhhhhhh. I'm surprised after the last season and the finale so many people are still interested in Glee, especially with the new format, which I don't like at all.

Anyways, call me a bad person, but I just needed to vent. I always stood up for this show when people criticized it and always wanted it to do well. After the finale aired however, all my feelings for Glee were gone. Now I just hope Chris doesn't have to stay in this show that doesn't do him any justice for many years to come dryy .

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  FunnyLady 9/14/2012, 2:52 pm

I just watched the episode (without subtitles!!) and I want share some of mine opinions (I didn´t read your posts so sorry if I will repeat).
First of all - the new characters: Marley - she´s boring to me, I didn´t feel any emotions watching her (just for the record I hate Rachel´s character from the very beginning - negative emotions but still emotions). I was only angry at Marley when she didn´t stand up for her mother in the first scene with the launch lady. If someone would insulted my mom before me I swear would kill him. I wouldn´t just sit there and stare :angry:
Jake - maybe I´m too old, but I don´t buy kids like him - big machos, always angry, but good inside bla bla bla (yeah, tough guy and he chooses to sing "silly love song" - not very believable to me).
Kitty - somehow my idea of "bitch" is different. Santana was a way better.
Brody - it´s really awkward he was presented the same way Finn was in the season 1 (singing in the shower). And this episode showed us why he is there: to admire Rachel, to tell her, how extraordinary is she, to date her ...
The old cast at MH - nothing change. Blaine makes sad eyes, wears stupid clothes, Sam is good, Brittany is stupid, Tina is expendable, Artie is Artie ..
Rachel - still hate her Smile We all know now she will be the star (probably in the end of the season) in the Round room. And thanks God Brody reminds us all that Rachel is in NYADA because she´s the best of the best :angry:
And finally.. Kurt - the worst think for me wasn´t the fact he was on screen for so little time but the fact he´s the one character I didn´t understand very much (Chris/Kurt speaks so quickly that I have really hard time to translate what he was saying :( If someone has time to spare it would be great if you rewrite his lines) But despite all the obstacles I enjoyed every single second he was on screen. He looked fabulous, he´s outfits were amazing. The Kurt/Burt sceen literally brought tears to my eyes and I´m more then excited about Kurts new storyline.

Well, this is probably the most comprehensive post I have ever written ooppss
P.S. Sorry everyone for my grammatical mistakes.
FunnyLady
FunnyLady
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 9/14/2012, 3:06 pm

yeah, to the shock of many, especially those who are into that sort of thing, glee's rating were very good last night. lower then last years premier, but a lot higher then last years final. it actually built on it's lead in, the x factor, with had a share of 3.1 and glee had 3.3 (around 8 million viewers). of course, it was the premier and it was up against all reruns. the real test will be in the next few weeks when it goes head to head with grey's anatomy, the office and person of interest.

looking at what we saw last night, i see only 2 paths this show can take, well maybe 3.
1 - we get our spin off. form all the reviews i read, the kurt/rachel part of the episode was received much better and most people liked it, even loved it.
2 - they ditch mckinley altogether next year. all the regulars go to ny and that is that.
3 - if the format prevails over the actors, we can finally say goodbye to the regulars and the new kids take over.
simply, this show can't be split like this more then this one transitional year.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 9/14/2012, 3:32 pm

tanita_mors wrote:yeah, to the shock of many, especially those who are into that sort of thing, glee's rating were very good last night. lower then last years premier, but a lot higher then last years final. it actually built on it's lead in, the x factor, with had a share of 3.1 and glee had 3.3 (around 8 million viewers). of course, it was the premier and it was up against all reruns. the real test will be in the next few weeks when it goes head to head with grey's anatomy, the office and person of interest.

looking at what we saw last night, i see only 2 paths this show can take, well maybe 3.
1 - we get our spin off. form all the reviews i read, the kurt/rachel part of the episode was received much better and most people liked it, even loved it.
2 - they ditch mckinley altogether next year. all the regulars go to ny and that is that.
3 - if the format prevails over the actors, we can finally say goodbye to the regulars and the new kids take over.
simply, this show can't be split like this more then this one transitional year.

THIS.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/14/2012, 3:52 pm

Maybe it's because I was expecting so much worse with all the spoilers, and some things definitely could have been done better, esp. with Kurt, but I'm just glad I could sit through this episode without needing to rage. And I even smiled and laughed a few times, mostly because of the McKinley stuff.

I guess I've gotten so detached from the other characters except Kurt, that I could take everything that was going on without intense feelings, and that helped me enjoy the show more, if that makes any sense. When Kurt is not involved in the storylines I can just sit back and enjoy the absurdity, and to my surprise I liked the silly rivalry and snobism that the ND kids had: just OTT fun and snark, like Glee used to be.
I even wasn't irritated by Blaine, because Kurt was not affected by whatever he did, and the Klaine scene was short and merely a showcase for another Darren solo, that didn't make me cringe for a change.

NYADA was boring, but Cassandra surprisingly had a lot of depth, and I'm glad they showed her as a good teacher to some, instead of being a 2-dimensional bitch. I'm still no fan of this part of the narrative, but it could have been worse, so whatever: that's why they invented the ff button.
And maybe, just maybe Kurt will get to NYADA in december, since they mentioned it 3 times (twice by Kurt, once by Carmen)

Kurt had his own litle storyline, and besides Blaine, Sue, Kitty and Burt, noone really interacted with him, so there was not much that could go wrong either. The Sue and Kitty scene was already spoiled so I just gritted my teeth and got through it. Same with the Lima Bean scene. I feared a lot worse with the Klaine scene and Kurt as the Lima loser. It wasn't fun, but it wasn't terrible either. Kurt's journey could have, should have gotten more attention, but what we got was okay, and the Burt/Kurt scene was just wonderful.

At this moment, after a summer full of fear and disgust, I'm just glad the first episode is over and done with and Kurt is in New York, first and foremost for himself, and not for Rachel.
That is a win in my book. I guess the "no expectations" policy worked for me. tonguue

Last edited by Glorfindel on 9/14/2012, 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 9/14/2012, 4:00 pm

Glorfindel wrote:Maybe it's because I was expecting so much worse with all the spoilers, and some things definitely could have been done better, esp. with Kurt, but I'm just glad I could sit through this episode without needing to rage. And I even smiled and laughed a few times, mostly because of the McKinley stuff.

I guess I've gotten so detached from the other characters except Kurt, that I could take everything that was going on without intense feelings, and that helped me enjoy the show more, if that makes any sense. When Kurt is not involved in the storylines I can just sit back and relax the absurdity, and to my surprise I liked the silly rivalry and snobism that the ND kids had: just OTT fun and snark, like Glee used to be.
I even wasn't irritated by Blaine, because Kurt was not affected by whatever he did, and the Klaine scene was short and merely showcase for another Darren solo, that didn't make me cringe for a change.

NYADA was boring, but Cassandra surprisingly had a lot of depth, and I'm glad they showed her as a good teacher to some instead of a 2-dimensional bitch. I'm still no fan of this part of the narrative, but it could have been worse, so whatever: that's why they invented the ff button.
And maybe, just maybe Kurt will get to NYADA in december, since they mentioned it 3 times (twice by Kurt, once by Carmen)

Kurt had his own litle storyline, and besides Blaine, Sue, Kitty and Burt, noone really interacted with him, so there was not much that could go wrong either. The Sue and Kitty scene was already spoiled so I just gritted my teeth and got through it. Same with the Lima Bean scene. I feared a lot worse with the Klaine scene and Kurt as the Lima loser. It wasn't fun, but it wasn't terrible either. Kurt's journey could have, should have gottten more attention, but what we got was okay, and the Burt/Kurt scene was just wonderful.

At this moment, after a summer full of fear and disgust, I'm just glad the first episode is over and done with and Kurt is in New York, first and foremost for himself, and not for Rachel.
That is a win in my book. I guess the "no expectations" policy worked for me. tonguue

The no expectations policy is the ONLY way left to enjoy the show, or tolerate it.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/14/2012, 4:59 pm

i disagree w/ this no-expectation policy. I had a lot of BAD expectations and it worked too. Razz
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/14/2012, 5:27 pm

^That's reversed psychology, or something. ptdr

DR SHE BLOGGO put this in her review:

Of course, Kurt couldn't make a decision to go to New York without some serious poking and prodding from Blaine and Burt. (Seriously, when will a main character make a decision for themselves again? I long for the day.) After his rejection from NYADA, Kurt got a job at the Lima Bean, enrolled at the Allen County Community College, and boomeranged back to McKinley High School far more than one would expect of a successful gay youth. (Or so New Queen Bitch Kitty seems to think, anyways.) But Kurt doesn't belong in Lima, and so Blaine tells him just that, proceeding to create an elaborate serenade in front of the whole school. "It's Time" is a great song, but truthfully, it should have been Kurt's solo. The number embodies exactly what's frustrating about so much of Glee's writing - especially when it comes to couples. Rather than highlighting Kurt making his choice after some encouragement from Blaine, we instead get a spectacle of Blaine's encouragement, as Kurt sits there and passively listens to it. Kurt is not an active character if his loved ones forcibly put him on a plane to New York! Just like Rachel was not an active character when her loved ones forcibly put her on a train to New York! Active characters make choices, onscreen! Truthfully, Kurt never made his own decision about New York, just like Rachel didn't. What was onscreen were Blaine's and Finn's decisions, unfortunately.

What should have happened with Kurt's storyline is this. Early on, we needed to see Kurt show some hesitation about returning to McKinley. That way, when Blaine says, "Hey Kurt, you don't belong here," we know that on some level Kurt feels the same way - even if he's repressing it. It makes it seem less like Kurt is having epiphanies simply because Blaine's dropping truth bombs. Maybe we even get to see why Kurt's hesitating - is he afraid he's going to change? Cue "It's Time," as a Kurt solo of introspection, and perhaps even his actual decision in musical form. Maybe he starts the song unsure, and by the end of the song, he's made his choice. Because, c'mon, the lyrics of "It's Time" are much more suited for Kurt's own point of view, and not only that, him singing it would help put him back in the driver's seat of his own storyline. (Seriously, Kurt was still trying to back out of going in the drop-off line at the airport? Oh dear. But it's hard to complain about that when it was padded out with a Kurt-Burt interaction that had me reaching for the tissues. I never want to see Mike O'Malley choke back tears ever again. Never! My heart can't handle it.)
Although I wasn't too bothered by it in the episode, as we were already spoiled about Darren's solo (I can't think of them as Blaine solos anymore) and Blaine's 'push', I agree with this.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 9/14/2012, 6:00 pm

fantastica wrote:i disagree w/ this no-expectation policy. I had a lot of BAD expectations and it worked too. Razz

ptdr Kim you're too much.

BTW does Claire still do recaps?, Just curious.

OH hey guys, the FINAL ratings for yesterday came in. Glee was adjusted WAY down. http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/09/14/thursday-final-ratings-glee-adjusted-down-no-adjustment-for-the-x-factor/148647/?utm_campaign=WP%20%3E%20Twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/14/2012, 7:00 pm

i know some people hate negativity, but it helps prep our psychology so we don't end up rage at the show. low or negative expectations allow us to enjoy the show a bit, and that is a very positive thing, isn't it? Razz

I saw that Dr. She review earlier. I agree w/ that she said. but then, I won't allow myself to get into this deep analysis. w/ this show you just can't take it seriously. to me if the characters just talk non-sense to past the time is ok too. pretty much all dialogues and plot lines are silly goofy stuff anyway.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 9/14/2012, 8:31 pm

I've seen the episode but honestly I don't remember the full details because I focused on Kurt. So I wanna start talking about him and his sexy telephone voice which reminds me Evil Queen's voice Smile and I simply love it. I'm glad it wasn't so painful to see him stucked in Lima and being a barista, though I didn't like when Kitty was that nasty toward him in the Lima Bean because he was there talking with Brittany and Blaine and I felt his discomfort.

Wow, I can't believe that Blaine actually pushed Kurt to go to NY, I though it was better for him to have Kurt all the time in Lima. But anyway I'm tired of the formula : Blaine sings a song to Kurt to makes him better and then both hug to each other. Though I like IT'S TIME.

Burt/Kurt scene, they always makes me feel emotional with their father and son relationship. Burt is always there supporting Kurt and he encouraged him to go and don't look behind. I want a dad like him Smile

Hummelberry feelings!!! Yeah I realized that I still like this friendship! and there's a moment after they hugged that it seems for me as it Kurt was going to kiss Rachel lol and came to my mind a discussion I saw in another thread "What if Kurt were bi?" As someone said they will be the A couple.

Overall, I liked the episode but still I feel like I was watching a whole new series. It was more bearable that I expected was gonna be, though I didn't have any expectations honestly. As most of the fandom my favorite newbies were Marley and Jake, though the story of the first one is kinda cliche and I've seen it in other series and movies (and soap operas) before but I guess general audience like that. About Jake, personally I like his singing voice and his scene with Will was ok, I like when Will is portrayed as this teacher who's worried about his students and Jake's story is one that I'm looking forward to see.

Regarding the other ones:
-Kitty, she played well the bitchy cheerleader. Just that
-Brody, I won't deny he has good abs- yeah I'm being shallow- iand he only did his job being this nice classmate. But he didn't impressed me.
-Unique/Wade, still don't like him. Nope.

Umm What I'm missing? Oh I didn't like at all this new attitude of ND. So only because they won the Nationals turned them into this popular people as nasty as the ones who were nasty with them before? I think it was good they finally got their goal but you don't have to be a jerk because of it. Luckily, they realized their mistake and remember who they were.

Also I like that Cassandra has more than two faces, she's someone who reminds me teachers I've met in real life and usually they want the best for students but how much they're nice or not toward them, it depends on the attitude of the students. Personally I think Rachel still believes she's a star and suddenly came someone and tell her "You're not that big star girl", therefore we already have read that Rachel is going to found about Cassandra's past and is gonna use it against her because she doesn't like that comment.

Ok Blaine is the new Rachel? C'mon Artie! Or I should say C'mon RIB?! I don't want this show to be Blee. Not dryy
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 9/14/2012, 11:10 pm

I know I am going to be the minority here, but I actually liked this episode.

I like Marley, and found her sweet not boring. She is trying to find her place, I believe she is the new Rachel as it appears Will has already made that decision. I already want her with Sam.

Blaine felt like they had stripped him back and made him how he should be gay, I saw Blaine not Darren except performance wise.

His mannerisms, his voice it was more camp, and he was bitchy.

And I don't believe that online poll, this was just for meta.

Dean does not have chemistry with Lea, all I saw was platonic. He fails as a love interest it isn't believable. Brody
feels more like a big brother to me.

And I felt as Ryan wrote this that he put more care and love into the Kurt and Burt scene than any of the other scenes in the episode. It was perfect, it was beautiful.

Brad likes to torture Kurt and stretch it out. The scenes weren't that painful, because they weren't extended, they were short, and you felt Kurt did not belong in Lima.

I liked it's time, but I wish they had just stuck with dialogue and left out the song. I would have loved to hear Kurt sing, but not this song, I would have wanted something Broadway.

It will be interesting when we see scenes with Chris and Dean, then we will see if there is a dynamic.

I love Cassandra, I want to see the story there.

She isn't a monster, Rachel is a diva, and she probably senses that. Lea seemed to disappear in those scenes with Kate, Kate drew focus, and I became uninterested in Rachel.

Cassandra is giving her a taste of reality. And I want to see more of it.

I do think Ryan is trying to fix the mess Brad made, and we will eventually see Kurt get into Nyada.

I think his audition if he does one, Kurt will pick a straight role, showing he can play a straight male lead. I loved Not the Boy Next Door, but that just showed Kurt being gay can play a gay performer.

If they had used that in the show, that Kurt had unfortunately stereotyped himself maybe we would have understood better why Kurt didn't get in.

I do think the spin off, Ryan still wants it to happen, but with Kurt and Rachel.

Keck said Vogue is a detour, maybe that is what it is.

I hope no-one is angry about The Boy Next Door part because I really loved that performance, it just got me thinking, that yes Kurt did think out of the box, but I do think he did stereotype himself. Carmen would have already picked up on that he was gay, and if he had chosen something that showed he was more than just gay that he can play straight as well.

I do think McKinley is finished. I like Marley but I am more interested in Kurt.

But if this all leading up to an amazing Kurt performance that will have us talking for a long time, then bring it on. I think it will be something big.

I only want Ryan writing for Kurt, I don't trust Brad.

I hope no-one is upset with me. I love coming to this forum, and was just thinking through a few things and writing down my thoughts.

Kurt is my favourite character and I am unhappy with "Goodbye", but after seeing the Nyada part it just started me thinking.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/15/2012, 12:38 am

^ sweetie nobody will be mad at u for speaking your mind. We all appreciate your honesty. Big hugs from all of us!

I assume I enjoyed the show enough to sit through an hour, ads included.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 9/15/2012, 1:00 am

I only watched the Kurt scenes this time around,but might watch the entire episode when it is repeated.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 9/15/2012, 2:18 am

fantastica wrote:^ sweetie nobody will be mad at u for speaking your mind. We all appreciate your honesty. Big hugs from all of us!

I assume I enjoyed the show enough to sit through an hour, ads included.

Thank you, I feel better now. 4x01 "The New Rachel" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 650269930 4x01 "The New Rachel" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 3995355489
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 9/15/2012, 2:32 am

I believe Hummelberry will outdo Brochel as Lea has tons of chemistry with Chris. I am hoping no-one really cares about Rachel being Brody and want more and more Hummelberry.

They can keep trying with Rachel and Brody, but I don't think it will work. There isn't that dynamic that Lea has with Chris and Corey.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next