Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6

+33
MissSoniaPP
sheny
Catt24
dap1217
CloveGlee
M&M
sjonnepon
Vir Cotto
opals
Jellyrolls
coxfire
ladydianab
BlueJazz
bayth
ChrisColferFan1
ColferGirl
msjoanlucette
Ireth
Buenos
Sani
Delight
ColferInspired
valkeakuulas
FunnyLady
brisallie
arina
zuppid
sahhar
fantastica
Divalicious
Ranwing
tanita_mors
Glorfindel
37 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6 - Page 22 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6

Post  ColferInspired 9/28/2012, 10:00 pm

If it's Blaine that does the breaking up then he is a idiot.

Only the teens will feel sorry for him, when the more mature fans and adult fans will be on Kurt's side as Blaine is being selfish and expecting Kurt to hold his hand all the time. Blaine needs to grow up and right now he is too immature for Kurt.

Kurt needs a break from him and just concentrate on his job for the time being.

And as there is no word of Sebastian coming back when the Warblers do, then maybe they are setting up for Sebastian to turn up in New York?

They could always make him Isabelle's wayward nephew.

I can think of many epic scenes where Sebastian and Kurt are snarking at each other, than Isabelle comes in the room and they became all nice and friendly to each other. There is room for lots of comedy there.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6 - Page 22 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6

Post  fantastica 9/28/2012, 10:40 pm

sebastian has been retconned/snipped. he can't bark anymore. the most he can do is:

- come back and lead the warblers in a song and dance and that's all; or
- say hi to blaine and express his admiration adn tell him if he still wants to get together he's still available (ew...)
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 9/29/2012, 4:16 am

damn, they cut out right before blaine bursts into tears. Twisted Evil while it doesn't sound too horrible, the emotion in it is just too overdone. i'd be weireded out if i were kurt.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 9/29/2012, 8:25 am

The 'emotion' in the song is seriously overdone.

Or maybe this is just Blaine's true singing of TD without the Beelzebub's backup vocals.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 9/29/2012, 9:06 am

Delight wrote:The 'emotion' in the song is seriously overdone.

Or maybe this is just Blaine's true singing of TD without the Beelzebub's backup vocals.

If Darren wanted to do emotion, Darren sould have gone back and watched "I wanna hold youe hand" to see it done right.
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/29/2012, 4:56 pm

Prepare yourself for this, but then with 'emotional' acting. sifflou

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 9/29/2012, 5:05 pm

Darren has excellent comedic timing, and does puppy dog eyes better than anyone, but he doesn't do subtlety. At heart he is a stage actor and performs for the person in the backrow. He's still young, and can improve, but he is unfortunate to be paired with an actor who does comedy and subtlety extremely well. It just kind of punctuates the differences. But we also have to remember there is a director in this situation. I remember reading that during the Cough Syrup scene they had him over emote and go down on his knees. Perhaps the director wanted that intensity of emotion, and Darren gave the best he could with his current level of talent.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 9/30/2012, 9:58 am

Glorfindel wrote:

Oh. My. Goodness.

Now I'm convinced that all of Blaine's performances on Glee (with all the exaggerated facial expressions that scream out 'I'm EMOTING!') is mostly, if not all, Darren.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 9/30/2012, 10:12 am

Glorfindel wrote:

Marie, I think you put the quotes around the wrong word.

I watched just a few seconds here and there of the video (because I couldn't stomach the rest). Does Darren seriously think that is a good peformance? He's trying to put a different spin on the song, and it doesn't work because it sounds horrible. Of course, if I were to look at the comments underneath, I'm sure they all say it's the best thing ever, and Darren is the most talented creature in the universe. Them putting the "acoustic" version of teenage dream on the show is fan service geared towards selling iTunes units.

I think I'll be muting that and just watching Kurt's reactions.

Last edited by Jellyrolls on 9/30/2012, 7:54 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : To remove the link to the video from my post to minimize the number of times that Darren appears on this page)
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/30/2012, 11:16 am

Jellyrolls wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:

OMG. moque
Took me a few seconds to process, but then... ptdr
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 9/30/2012, 11:46 am

Glorfindel wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:

OMG. moque
Took me a few seconds to process, but then... ptdr

sifflou Twisted Evil
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 9/30/2012, 12:04 pm

[quote="Delight"][quote="Glorfindel"]

Now I'm convinced that all of Blaine's performances on Glee (with all the exaggerated facial expressions that scream out 'I'm EMOTING!') is mostly, if not all, Darren.

Darren's faces and performances as Blaine, I think, are definitely all Darren. I think the guy cannot tone down anything. I think that's why EWTRTW surprised me a little because he was not a "expressive" looking as he normally is. I always hope the director will warn him how ridiculous he looks, but they never do. And he just seems to have gotten worse. He takes you out of a scene. "Cough Syrup" during Karofsky's suiccide attempt is a perfect example. Also, "Fighter". I coulnd't even watch that one without my second hand embarrassment creeping up. Of course, the concept of that performance was also ridculous.
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 9/30/2012, 12:52 pm

whenever he goes of script when performing live, darren tends to butcher the songs up imo. all of his up/down, emphasizing the wrong words, going too low or too loud at odd times, it give of the impression that he can't keep in tune or on point and thus does the song the way it suits him. but, i'm no music expert, so ....
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 9/30/2012, 6:16 pm

tanita_mors wrote:whenever he goes of script when performing live, darren tends to butcher the songs up imo. all of his up/down, emphasizing the wrong words, going too low or too loud at odd times, it give of the impression that he can't keep in tune or on point and thus does the song the way it suits him. but, i'm no music expert, so ....

I always felt Darren benefited the most when he was with the Warblers, because they layered his voice with the Bubs. He sounded much stronger, imo, than his voice normally is. He doesn't have a huge range, but his voice is pleasant on certain songs. I feel like Glee thinks he can sing anything though and this is absolutely not the case. His acting isn't strong enough to give each song the proper emphasis and his voice just does not pop. That's part of the reason that it is so irritating that they give him so many songs. Chris seems adjust all his songs, even slightly, and they alway feel like Kurt/Chris. Darren does carbon copies and they almost never match up to the original.
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 9/30/2012, 7:27 pm

i was going to mention that. i've noticed that they tend to layer and enhance his voice in a lot, if not all his numbers (you can really hear it in those acapella versions of the songs). it makes his voice sound fuller and steadier then it is and i haven't really noticed them doing it with anyone else to that extent, most of all chris. his songs then to be the ones that are least edited and his vocals least hidden behind the music so he gets most of the hits when people don't like his vocal. and yes, the acapella group that did the warblers really was special. they sound was half those songs success. the later warbler songs without them are just bare shadows vocally.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 9/30/2012, 8:04 pm

Glorfindel wrote:

OK, so I just felt like punishing myself, so I watch this, and I couldn't understand a word he was singing in the verses. I could only understand what he was singing in the chorus. Is he actually singing words? Or just mumbling?
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 9/30/2012, 8:15 pm

M&M wrote:
tanita_mors wrote:whenever he goes of script when performing live, darren tends to butcher the songs up imo. all of his up/down, emphasizing the wrong words, going too low or too loud at odd times, it give of the impression that he can't keep in tune or on point and thus does the song the way it suits him. but, i'm no music expert, so ....

I always felt Darren benefited the most when he was with the Warblers, because they layered his voice with the Bubs. He sounded much stronger, imo, than his voice normally is. He doesn't have a huge range, but his voice is pleasant on certain songs. I feel like Glee thinks he can sing anything though and this is absolutely not the case. His acting isn't strong enough to give each song the proper emphasis and his voice just does not pop. That's part of the reason that it is so irritating that they give him so many songs. Chris seems adjust all his songs, even slightly, and they alway feel like Kurt/Chris. Darren does carbon copies and they almost never match up to the original.

tanita_mors wrote:i was going to mention that. i've noticed that they tend to layer and enhance his voice in a lot, if not all his numbers (you can really hear it in those acapella versions of the songs). it makes his voice sound fuller and steadier then it is and i haven't really noticed them doing it with anyone else to that extent, most of all chris. his songs then to be the ones that are least edited and his vocals least hidden behind the music so he gets most of the hits when people don't like his vocal. and yes, the acapella group that did the warblers really was special. they sound was half those songs success. the later warbler songs without them are just bare shadows vocally.

Since this discussion has moved away from a spoiler discussion, and turned into more of an analysis of Darren, I'm going to respond to these over on snark and bark.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/30/2012, 11:12 pm

back to spoilers guys! here is one, and because this is not from any official source please take it w/ a bucket of pepper:

From Tumblr:

okay oh my god??????? so?????? you know how i’ve mentioned that i’m close family friends with titus makin’s ((the long time warbler)) manager named amy???? well my mom is out in LA right now and it was amy’s birthday last night and she knows about me and glee and everything so she always tells my mom stuff and my mom called me JUST to tell me what she said. oh my god!!!!!!

glee spoilers below.

and believe me
i asked my mom at least 20 times

“is amy 100% sure about this.”

and the answer was “yes really” every time so.

first she tells me

the warblers are coming back for at least two episodes!!! maybe more!!!
they are DEFINITELY going on tour with the rest of the cast this summer!!!
ready for this one; there might be a tour for the WARBLERS ONLY. A WARBLERS TOUR. if all the guys are can do it, they’re doing it. but nothing is confirmed yet.

so there’s that stuff.
and then i talked about how excited i was for blaine to sing with the boys again ((which we know about from ryan’s twitter)) and she tells me this

well. blaine transfers back.
blaine
transfers
back
to
dalton
after he breaks up with kurt
since he breaks up with kurt, he really feels like he doesn’t belong at mckinley anymore and that it’s kind of pointless being there without him. ((foreshadowing in makeover about this even though it’s strange because he’s president)). so he actually goes back.
it’s not confirmed for how long
but
we’re getting blaine warbler back.

i’m honestly not sure how to feel about this. i never in my life thought we’d see this happen again. part of me doesn’t even believe it. but i seriously asked over and over. and she is very, very sure.

she also talked a lot about ~gossip and ~shit on set.
which there was a lot of. i’ll just mentioned some things briefly like i didn’t really want to know this.

cory wasn’t going to come back because they weren’t paying him NEAR what they were paying other cast members. but then they came to their senses and that’s why he’s back now.
lindsay isn’t back because lea didn’t want her to be. no idea why. and that lea is very spoiled on set. ((like i hate this because i never believed she was a bitch and i still don’t but like this is real shit and idk!!!!!))
apparently- ryan has control over everyone’s individual singing career on the show. so. when mark went to record his album, he didn’t run it through ryan. ryan prohibited from coming on set for four weeks. puck’s absence in s4 has a lot to do with this. mark would’ve liked to be around more, but he got treated like crap.
again i’m like “what the fuck” because it’s hard to believe this stuff when ryan and lea are so nice on twitter or whatever but honestly a lot of the guys are unhappy and it’s sad and i don’t even want to believe this and yeah idk

i’ll probably get messages accusing me of lying because it’s the internet!!! whatever ok if this is wrong that’s embarrassing omfg and also would not make any sense considering it comes directly from a friend and a very reliable source.

http://alluponeachother.tumblr.com/post/32634026373/okay-oh-my-god-so-you-know-how-ive

assume all this is true - and that's a huge leap of faith here - I think this dalton thing is trying to get darren back w/ the warblers again because warblers w/o him don't sell as well and this whole thing seem like just a music business. they probably will just have blaine sing some random warbler songs again when it's time for his screen time. blaine is pretty much a human jukebox anyway. all this TD 2.0 etc. all sounds like desperate attempt to re-capture the itune glory glee enjoyed in S1 and S2.

I will be super happy if the tour is limited to the warblers and the new guys, or any old folks who want to promote their music career. I know chris won't enjoy the tour and he's better off doing his own projects in teh summer.

again, I am not even sure if all this is true. the gossip from the set maybe true, but then again all is just gossip.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 9/30/2012, 11:37 pm

fantastica wrote:back to spoilers guys! here is one, and because this is not from any official source please take it w/ a bucket of pepper:

From Tumblr:

okay oh my god??????? so?????? you know how i’ve mentioned that i’m close family friends with titus makin’s ((the long time warbler)) manager named amy???? well my mom is out in LA right now and it was amy’s birthday last night and she knows about me and glee and everything so she always tells my mom stuff and my mom called me JUST to tell me what she said. oh my god!!!!!!

glee spoilers below.

and believe me
i asked my mom at least 20 times

“is amy 100% sure about this.”

and the answer was “yes really” every time so.

first she tells me

the warblers are coming back for at least two episodes!!! maybe more!!!
they are DEFINITELY going on tour with the rest of the cast this summer!!!
ready for this one; there might be a tour for the WARBLERS ONLY. A WARBLERS TOUR. if all the guys are can do it, they’re doing it. but nothing is confirmed yet.

so there’s that stuff.
and then i talked about how excited i was for blaine to sing with the boys again ((which we know about from ryan’s twitter)) and she tells me this

well. blaine transfers back.
blaine
transfers
back
to
dalton
after he breaks up with kurt
since he breaks up with kurt, he really feels like he doesn’t belong at mckinley anymore and that it’s kind of pointless being there without him. ((foreshadowing in makeover about this even though it’s strange because he’s president)). so he actually goes back.
it’s not confirmed for how long
but
we’re getting blaine warbler back.

i’m honestly not sure how to feel about this. i never in my life thought we’d see this happen again. part of me doesn’t even believe it. but i seriously asked over and over. and she is very, very sure.

she also talked a lot about ~gossip and ~shit on set.
which there was a lot of. i’ll just mentioned some things briefly like i didn’t really want to know this.

cory wasn’t going to come back because they weren’t paying him NEAR what they were paying other cast members. but then they came to their senses and that’s why he’s back now.
lindsay isn’t back because lea didn’t want her to be. no idea why. and that lea is very spoiled on set. ((like i hate this because i never believed she was a bitch and i still don’t but like this is real shit and idk!!!!!))
apparently- ryan has control over everyone’s individual singing career on the show. so. when mark went to record his album, he didn’t run it through ryan. ryan prohibited from coming on set for four weeks. puck’s absence in s4 has a lot to do with this. mark would’ve liked to be around more, but he got treated like crap.
again i’m like “what the fuck” because it’s hard to believe this stuff when ryan and lea are so nice on twitter or whatever but honestly a lot of the guys are unhappy and it’s sad and i don’t even want to believe this and yeah idk

i’ll probably get messages accusing me of lying because it’s the internet!!! whatever ok if this is wrong that’s embarrassing omfg and also would not make any sense considering it comes directly from a friend and a very reliable source.

http://alluponeachother.tumblr.com/post/32634026373/okay-oh-my-god-so-you-know-how-ive

assume all this is true - and that's a huge leap of faith here - I think this dalton thing is trying to get darren back w/ the warblers again because warblers w/o him don't sell as well and this whole thing seem like just a music business. they probably will just have blaine sing some random warbler songs again when it's time for his screen time. blaine is pretty much a human jukebox anyway. all this TD 2.0 etc. all sounds like desperate attempt to re-capture the itune glory glee enjoyed in S1 and S2.

I will be super happy if the tour is limited to the warblers and the new guys, or any old folks who want to promote their music career. I know chris won't enjoy the tour and he's better off doing his own projects in teh summer.

again, I am not even sure if all this is true. the gossip from the set maybe true, but then again all is just gossip.

I don't understand the obsession with the Warblers. Realistitcally, how could half those guys still be in high school and Kurt isn't. I was checking twitter and even Klaine/Blaine fans don't want them back because of the abuse poor Blaine suffered in Michael. Also, 3 split storylies would be even worse, and I suspect that the half of NY that I care about would get cut even more drastically.
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 9/30/2012, 11:39 pm

Sounds like wish fulfillment. There will never be a warblers tour, while I do think they could be part of the Glee tour, sounds like Ryan wants one. They need something to give the kids a breather from the stage while keeping the audience entertained.

Blaine may visit the warblers, but he is class president, so unless they want Sam to suddenly run the school, and perhaps get a taste for politics, it doesn't make sense for Blaine to leave. Plus, they are already divided in two areas, a third won't work, and they won't take away their weekly jukebox with Blaine. We already saw how Kurt disappeared at Dalton's, and they have to continue to develop this new class, but get NY storylines where they need them to be.

Cory was one of the few kids on the show with previous acting experience, I don't believe he made less than the others. He is also one of their few solid performers. They need someone other than Chris to carry believable storylines (out of the "younger" cast). Plus he is part of their core couple, the one that they spend endless scenes and songs upon.

Always rumors about Lea being a diva, while I have no doubt she is enjoying her time to shine, Hollywood doesn't embrace a wide range of beauty, I think it is more TPTB don't want the audience to be divided on which Broadway voice they should admire. Lea is their star, and will remain so, she sings Broadway, which doesn't sell great. So any Broadway they keep on the show they will keep for her, and occasionally Kurt, when he is allowed to sing.

Ryan isn't in control of everyone's singing career, but I am sure that a clause in each persons contract did take that into account. I think it more likely the neophyte actor wasn't aware that his pre-existing album would be impacted by his new gig with Glee. He also likely had less experienced agents. I know Chris changed his once on Glee, even though the person he had previously stuck with him and keep sending him to auditions. He needed someone who was used to the cutthroat entertainment high eschelon.

There is a possibility that something will turn out true, just from sheer odds, but I don't think this person had an actual source.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 9/30/2012, 11:58 pm

Blaine with the Warblers still wouldn't sound good unless they bring back the Beelzebubs.

If this spoiler is indeed true (which I strongly doubt), then I'm actually happy about this development. I just never find that Blaine fitted in McKinley very well (For one, his casual clothing is not flattering on him. At all).
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 10/1/2012, 12:09 am

i openly wish this warbler thing is true so that blaine can get off my screen after 2 episodes, but yeah, it ain't gonna happen. :(
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 10/1/2012, 12:55 am

guys First Listen Sunday is up. kurt has a bit in Scientist as well.

it's on CCN: http://chriscolfernews.tumblr.com/

blaine on 4/6 songs? okay.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 10/1/2012, 12:58 am

fantastica wrote:guys First Listen Sunday is up. kurt has a bit in Scientist as well.

it's on CCN: http://chriscolfernews.tumblr.com/

blaine on 4/6 songs? okay.

Don't get me started on the Blaine and the Blinn. I was pretty positive that they are doing the break-up from Blaine's point of view and it appears that I am correct.

Chris's part on the Scientist is great. At least the one line he has sounds amazing. Would have loved to hear him sing more, but apparently, this is now the life of a Kurtsie.
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 10/1/2012, 1:02 am

^ yes he sounds wonderful, but that part will likely be cut. :angry:
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next