Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6

+33
MissSoniaPP
sheny
Catt24
dap1217
CloveGlee
M&M
sjonnepon
Vir Cotto
opals
Jellyrolls
coxfire
ladydianab
BlueJazz
bayth
ChrisColferFan1
ColferGirl
msjoanlucette
Ireth
Buenos
Sani
Delight
ColferInspired
valkeakuulas
FunnyLady
brisallie
arina
zuppid
sahhar
fantastica
Divalicious
Ranwing
tanita_mors
Glorfindel
37 posters

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6 - Page 18 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6

Post  Jellyrolls 9/24/2012, 10:06 pm

Unfortunately, with the instance that Blaine and Rachel each get at least one solo or significant duet in each episode, and an ever expanding cast, and guest stars getting solos every week, we're going to be lucky to get a few lines here and there, a Hummelberry duet, a Klaine duet, and a solo. The cast is just too damn big.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6 - Page 18 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6

Post  ColferGirl 9/25/2012, 12:16 am

I'm pretty sure The Scientist will be a group number, if only because Jayma Mays was in the studio when they were recording songs for that episode (one of the Anders tweeted about her and Chris being in the studio)...and Lea tweeted once about filming a scene with her, Cory, Chris, Darren, Matt, HeMo, and Naya. All 4 of the Break Up couples. If I had time I'd go hunt the tweet down. But based on both of those, it's at least a possibility, if not likely. Although, Jayma's song *could* be in episode 5, not 4....
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 9/25/2012, 3:19 am

zuppid wrote:I don't want to sound annoying but this theory seems a little unrealistic...And I don't understand this Darren bashing
"maybe they got rid of him because Darren felt threatened by him"
I know some of you dislike Blaine but Darren seems a decent guy and i don't think he has a voice in this kind of matters

Instead I quote the other theory

I WANTED Kurtbastian to happen 'cause Sebastian brings out the bitchy side of Kurt and a romantic relationship between two bitchy characters would be awesome and superfunny!
But I think that the writers just didn't get their potential.
They wanted people to like Seblaine but people couldn't care less but I still think that they would have tried Seblaine again this season.Luckly Grant wan not avaiable (Fiuuuuu)

I think that in RIB's opinion Sebastian is "too hot" for Kurt...He was already "lucky enough" to get someone hot as Blaine...

If Klaine does break-up I'm sure that Blaine will be paired with some hottie in notime while Kurt will be alone for a while (despite the fact that he's in the gays Mecca and Blaine in the Gays Narnia) and then be paired with some flamboyant average looking guy 'cause Blaine always "win" over Kurt

I always thought Darren and Grant didn't have any chemistry on screen. Also I thought Seblaine would never work but Kurtbastian would because it would been the most interesting couple of the show because you had fire and ice. Kurt being the ice, Sebastian the fire.

I don't hate any actor or actress anymore. Darren is one of Chris's friends, so he is obviously a nice guy.

I don't see any chemistry with Dean and Lea either.

I don't think they will have another option for Blaine, because Fox might be wanting to have a limit on gay couples at McKinley as they seem to be pushing more for straight couples.

Kurt's storyline is in the adult world so they could go there, but if they did it would be temporary.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/25/2012, 3:30 am

in glee world, whether it's "adult world" or "kids world", it's all silly, and all played by adults.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/25/2012, 4:29 am

Cory would do just fine with the Scientist. The fandom always complain, especially about Finn lately.
I also think it will be a group number.

Here's a BTS of the Make-over. Chord is quite hilarious with his imitations, but they are not really promoting Kurt and Isabelle's storyline, are they? dryy
You'd think that a guest star like SJP would get more promotion, but instead we get the performance of 'Celebrity Skin', Darren and Chord in a BTS, and new episode stills of..... Rachel and Brody in NYADA. :angry:

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/25/2012, 4:44 am

i heard the young teens are tweeting murphy like crazy how much they love the mckinley part, like the new people (marley and jake especially) while many of us mature kurt fans are quiet as kittens. he must think kurt doesn't have many fans left. well, consider how many crap kurt was given last year and earlier this year, few kurtsies would want to tweet murphy and tell him how much we love this show and love his kurt storyline. we need to find a way to tell him that we want more kurt in NY storylines, w/o pissing him off (because he's got a gigantic ego) and w/o kissing his ass (because he doesn't deserve it).
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/25/2012, 5:24 am

The SJP/Chris mash-up is considered by the fandom as the best song from the episode, from what I see on several boards. neutre

It's also doing real well on the charts: of the 4x03 songs only Blaine's solo is doing better.
(Really: is Darren's iTunes buying army that big?)
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 9/25/2012, 5:42 am

Anybody can give me a link to the side where can I see the charts?

And I am also disappointed how little promotion Kurt't storyline with SJP has... Glee is famous for overpromotion of their famous gueststars so one would expect much more for SJP combined with one of the show's most favorite characters...

Last edited by arina on 9/25/2012, 6:26 am; edited 1 time in total
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/25/2012, 5:52 am

^I hope they will release the SJP/Kurt mash-up (the name of that song is just way too long to write) performance as a preview soon.

As for the charts: I always look on Glee Forum or another (private) forum's threads about charts and iTunes sales. I don't know where they get the original information. saispa
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 9/25/2012, 6:34 am

I must say don't know what I want from the president storyline, on the one hand I want to like Glee and I want it to be funny, on the other hand I would probably be pissed if the president storyline of this season was entertaining and nice and last year Kurt had to has his stupid speech about dodge ball and the whole storyline was very disappointing and everything, just not funny...
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 9/25/2012, 6:42 am

ColferGirl wrote:I'm pretty sure The Scientist will be a group number, if only because Jayma Mays was in the studio when they were recording songs for that episode (one of the Anders tweeted about her and Chris being in the studio)...and Lea tweeted once about filming a scene with her, Cory, Chris, Darren, Matt, HeMo, and Naya. All 4 of the Break Up couples. If I had time I'd go hunt the tweet down. But based on both of those, it's at least a possibility, if not likely. Although, Jayma's song *could* be in episode 5, not 4....

It could wind up being a Matt/Jayma duet (or maybe a quartet with one of the other couples). Glee does like to go with certain artists for certain actors, and Matt has already done a coldplay song Wink
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 9/25/2012, 6:46 am

OK, so I just watched the promo. Blaine is giving Sam a makeover. What is wrong with Sam? Has he not seen Blaine's style?
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sani 9/25/2012, 7:43 am

I love The Way You Look Tonight/You're Never Fully Dressed, and I hope that Chris gets to sing another song with SJP.

Glorfindel wrote:(Really: is Darren's iTunes buying army that big?)
Yes. I think out of the all cast members he seems to have the biggest online fanbase.
Sani
Sani
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/25/2012, 7:55 am

Sani wrote:
Yes. I think out of the all cast members he seems to have the biggest online fanbase.
Strange, because Chris has 1,5 as much followers than Darren on Twitter.
I guess Darren has more fangirls who are more active on sites like iTunes and such, and buy all his Glee songs, good or bad.

And of course: Blaine sings the (current) pop songs and Kurt the showtunes (who mostly are not even the popular showtunes many people know).

Last edited by Glorfindel on 9/25/2012, 7:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 9/25/2012, 7:55 am

Didn't watch the BTS video. No Chris. No interest.

Glorfindel wrote:
Here's a BTS of the Make-over. Chord is quite hilarious with his imitations, but they are not really promoting Kurt and Isabelle's storyline, are they? dryy
You'd think that a guest star like SJP would get more promotion, but instead we get the performance of 'Celebrity Skin', Darren and Chord in a BTS, and new episode stills of..... Rachel and Brody in NYADA. :angry:

Why do I get this uncomfortable feeling that the show is deliberately handicapping Kurt for some twisted reason (yes, I am paranoid and possibly delusional)? Are the writers/bosses on Fox really so reluctant to highlight a gay character on this show, even if it's only about said character's career and dreams? Instead, they try to draw people's attention to the heterosexual romance (and the umpteenth love triangle) and innocent bromance aspects of the episode.

arina wrote:I must say don't know what I want from the president storyline, on the one hand I want to like Glee and I want it to be funny, on the other hand I would probably be pissed if the president storyline of this season was entertaining and nice and last year Kurt had to has his stupid speech about dodge ball and the whole storyline was very disappointing and everything, just not funny...

Last season's Senior presidency storyline was cringe-worthy. What is galling for me is that here you have all the Glee club members involved in the elections singing songs; whereas when it was Kurt's turn last season, only Brittany got to sing. Where the heck is the logic, or the fairness in that?

zuppid wrote:
I WANTED Kurtbastian to happen 'cause Sebastian brings out the bitchy side of Kurt and a romantic relationship between two bitchy characters would be awesome and superfunny!
But I think that the writers just didn't get their potential.
They wanted people to like Seblaine but people couldn't care less but I still think that they would have tried Seblaine again this season.Luckly Grant wan not avaiable (Fiuuuuu)

I also appreciated Sebastian's presence on the show, more because of what the writers allowed Kurt to become around him (i.e. combative, territorial and 'not nice'; at least Kurt doesn't just sit there quietly while Sebastian spews insults to his face). These two characters don't necessarily have to have romance or even friendship between them. They can be rivals, and they can continue disliking each other, but maybe still have some grudging respect for each other as performers. Now that's a more interesting relationship to portray on this show. Sigh, I was thinking about how much more interesting it would've been if Sebastian had felt threatened by Kurt instead of Rachel during the Regionals competition; yes, it wouldn't be realistic given that Rachel was hogging all the solos in competitions since season 1, but since when is Glee logical?
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sani 9/25/2012, 8:22 am

Glorfindel wrote:
Sani wrote:
Strange, because Chris has 1,5 as much followers than Darren on Twitter.
I guess Darren has more fangirls who are more active on sites like iTunes and such, and buy all his Glee songs, good or bad.
Oh, I agree, his stans will buy anything that he sings, even if the song wasn't that good. As for Darren's online fanbase, It's just an observation I've made while surfing through a different sites... I could be wrong though.

Sani
Sani
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 9/25/2012, 8:40 am

Delight wrote:I also appreciated Sebastian's presence on the show, more because of what the writers allowed Kurt to become around him (i.e. combative, territorial and 'not nice'; at least Kurt doesn't just sit there quietly while Sebastian spews insults to his face). These two characters don't necessarily have to have romance or even friendship between them. They can be rivals, and they can continue disliking each other, but maybe still have some grudging respect for each other as performers. Now that's a more interesting relationship to portray on this show. Sigh, I was thinking about how much more interesting it would've been if Sebastian had felt threatened by Kurt instead of Rachel during the Regionals competition; yes, it wouldn't be realistic given that Rachel was hogging all the solos in competitions since season 1, but since when is Glee logical?

Oh yes, I too liked having my snarky Kurt back whenever Sebastian was around. Part of the reason I loved Kurt in season One was his ability of snapping snarky lines with his holier-than-you tone and despising look in his eyes. Him saying to the jocks "One day, you'll all work for me" with his nose turned up was oe of my favorite part of the whole second episode. Unfortunately, Kurt's bitchiness was seriously watered down once he started dating Blaine, and only reappeared when Sebatian was around.
Their banter was the best part of Sebastian being around, and I think the writers realized they had put themselves in a corner by having Sebastian supposedly attracted to Blaine. As he was (is?) written, Blaine didn't have the snarky side of Kurt and then looked flat compared to Kurt during their confrontations with Sebastian. I wondered what a guy like Seb would find in Blaine considering how bland he looked, when really his personality matched Kurt's far better.
So yes, I think the writers realized their mistake and took Seb out of the picture. Which is a pity, since he could have been a fantastic nemesis to Kurt in NY.
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 9/25/2012, 8:56 am

Glorfindel wrote:Cory would do just fine with the Scientist. The fandom always complain, especially about Finn lately.
I also think it will be a group number.

All of this. I have pretty much decided that Kurt will be in about 10 minutes of the episode. 1 minute with Blaine over Skype, 2-3 minutes when he gets the job, 4-5 minutes for the makeover, and maybe one other scene. Brody is getting entirely too much screen time as is McKinley. I think the A storyline is actually going to be the election when it should be Kurt. As it is, Rachel is getting part of Kurt's time.

I knew he would have more limited time in NY because he is not in the NYADA storyline, but it is getting ridiculous. I also think RIB are trying to build the McKinley fanbase because they are wanting to do another tour and I think it will be only with the newbies.

I didn't want to rage about this show, but between the last episode and the lack of promotion for SJP, I can only assume that we will barel see Kurt much after the break. We will hear about Vogue in passing and he will give Rachel special props and maybe moon over Blaine. Evil or Very Mad
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/25/2012, 9:07 am

Sani wrote: Oh, I agree, his stans will buy anything that he sings, even if the song wasn't that good. As for Darren's online fanbase, It's just an observation I've made while surfing through a different sites... I could be wrong though.
Well, I know one thing: Darren's fanbase sure is loud. moque
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 9/25/2012, 10:08 am

arina wrote:I must say don't know what I want from the president storyline, on the one hand I want to like Glee and I want it to be funny, on the other hand I would probably be pissed if the president storyline of this season was entertaining and nice and last year Kurt had to has his stupid speech about dodge ball and the whole storyline was very disappointing and everything, just not funny...

What's frustrating is that when Kurt had to make his election speech, it was in the school gym with no podium, no moderator and almost no attendance by the student body. This year they get the speeches staged in the auditorium with a huge turnout of spectators, Sue moderating, podiums, ballons, special lighting. This year it's an event. Last year it was almost an afterthought. Typical... dryy

As for all the promo focusing on Brochel... doesn't this guy attend classes of his own? Shesh, every time we see him, he's at Rachel's disposal to be her partner/cheerleader/pervy romantic interest. You'd think that upper classment just hang around all day instead of focusing on their own studies and practice.

I'm trying very hard not to be outraged over how little focus Kurt is getting right now. It's about what I expected so while I'm frustrated, it's not exactly dissapointing because it's what I thought would happen. Even his major transitions are going to be overshadowed by Rachel so getting angry right now just isn't worth the effort. We knew that Rachel was going to be shoehorned into Kurt's Vogue storyline (while Kurt is being kept away from all things NYADA until his new audition with guard towers, dogs and razor wire). I don't care for Kurt to have any interactions with Brody because the guy is a cure for insomnia and I'd much rather see Kurt interacting with characters (and actors) that can measure up to him (instead of using Kurt to elevate mediocrity). NYADA has become such a farce that I'm not bothered by Kurt not being included. I'll take what I can, enjoy the golden moments with Kurt and ignore all the rest. At least this way I can keep my sanity.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/25/2012, 12:46 pm

A press contact sent me the song order. I don’t suddenly have major inside scoop or anything, so don’t y’all get all excited now, but this is legit.

1. Everybody Wants to Rule the World (Blaine)

2. Celebrity Skin (Sam and Brittany)

3. Never Fully Dressed mash up (Kurt, Isabelle, Rachel)

4. A Change Would Do You Good (Rachel and Brody)

And yes, as we knew, the Schue/Sue duet is cut.
x
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 9/25/2012, 2:03 pm

Delight wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:

Why do I get this uncomfortable feeling that the show is deliberately handicapping Kurt for some twisted reason (yes, I am paranoid and possibly delusional)? Are the writers/bosses on Fox really so reluctant to highlight a gay character on this show, even if it's only about said character's career and dreams? Instead, they try to draw people's attention to the heterosexual romance (and the umpteenth love triangle) and innocent bromance aspects of the episode.

I don't think it's delusional at all. It's like this sundays Emmy monologue about Glee being the "gayest" show on TV was the last straw on Fox's back and now they are painfully obviously struggling to get rid of that label. That is how I'm currently seeing it.

As what comes to this BTS promo: Chord can be hilarious and Sam seems to be allowed to have character development as well, which is a good thing: Sam is the only one besides Artie and Tina that I'd like to see more at McKinley. Sam's and Blaine's new found friendship is safe and without controversy for Glee's image and doesn't have any odd angles to it so it's easy and cute to promote on.

And yes I find it very, very odd that hugely popular actress such as SJP has not yet gotten any mention besides those quick seconds in promos. On the otherhand the BTS things are not shown on TV are they, so general audience at least knows she is going to be on the show. The fact is that she is probably on for such a short time, along with Kurt, that there really is not any more to promote than those few precious seconds + the mash up song it self. Sad but we'll see if it turns out to be true.

So our Kurt counters are ticking low numbers: almost 90 minutes of Glee so far and less than, what ten minutes of Kurt and even less of scenes purely for him, not at all? Well depends if we count the scene with Burt and Sue being his own scenes but even then...appauling low numbers for their award winning actor.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 9/25/2012, 2:38 pm

At this point, i'm just glad that Chris is still a regular on the show. His participation in Glee music would be a bonus while a kurt solo is like a great birthday present. This is the only way i can deal with the show now because i don't wanna get worked up about a sinking ship. It's not worth it.

But yeah, i do agree that the TPTB are stupid if they didn't fully utilize an actress like SJP. Besides, i don't get it. If the showrunners are reluctant to showcase Chris/kurt, why don't they just kill him off? Why still keep him on the show if they think they don't need him? Their thinking is just baffling.

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/25/2012, 2:40 pm

^ they need him to torture him. after all few actors can do "sad" scenes well. dryy
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 9/25/2012, 2:58 pm

I think truly sad scenes can only be done by Chris, Matt and Jayma. They all seem to have the complete range of emotions, and range from comedy to drama. Cory does drama and comedy well, but his sadness isn't as genuine as Chris, darn close. Perhaps that is why all of them are shown less, they make the rest of the shows actors seem very one dimensional. I don't put Jane in here because the nature of her character is more superficial, as an actress she has range, but not this character.

I have no idea why they aren't promoting SJP more than they are, unless they've decided against having her in more than one episode. We heard early on just how much Kate would be on, she was in the advertising etc, but other than recurring when they first cast SJP we haven't heard thing one, including if she is filming. Of course, Chris doesn't really tweet and Lea only tweets about scenes she is shooting. I hope they will continue to have her on, and that Kurt gets to show his stuff at Vogue more than 2 episodes.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next