Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6

+33
MissSoniaPP
sheny
Catt24
dap1217
CloveGlee
M&M
sjonnepon
Vir Cotto
opals
Jellyrolls
coxfire
ladydianab
BlueJazz
bayth
ChrisColferFan1
ColferGirl
msjoanlucette
Ireth
Buenos
Sani
Delight
ColferInspired
valkeakuulas
FunnyLady
brisallie
arina
zuppid
sahhar
fantastica
Divalicious
Ranwing
tanita_mors
Glorfindel
37 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6 - Page 29 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6

Post  Glorfindel 10/3/2012, 8:10 pm

Someone over on GF found this about 'The Scientist' and was so kind to post it on the KHAT:

Just found a lovely top comment on a video of next week's song. Guess who is singing at 2:00?

Not a gleek but love this cover and I am a die hard Coldplay lover. Whoever is singing at 2:00 needs there own album.
link to youtube
hapitgh
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6 - Page 29 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6

Post  Buenos 10/3/2012, 8:39 pm

I just don't want the writers making Kurt feel responsible for whatever "cheating" Blaine does.

My fear is that they will show Kurt constantly ignoring texts/phonecalls from Blaine tommorrow and that will be the lifeline for fandom to say " Aha...Kurt contributed to the cheating!"

I don't think Blaine is a monster, just flawed and human, which actually makes him more interesting, but at the same time I don't want Kurt to be made thinking he's responsible, as he was made to feel with Karofsky's suicide attempt.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 10/3/2012, 8:54 pm

Glorfindel wrote:Someone over on GF found this about 'The Scientist' and was so kind to post it on the KHAT:

Just found a lovely top comment on a video of next week's song. Guess who is singing at 2:00?

Not a gleek but love this cover and I am a die hard Coldplay lover. Whoever is singing at 2:00 needs there own album.
link to youtube
hapitgh

i am so loving this! obviously the person doesn't know chris/kurt so I trust his/her opinion to be totally unbiased. and I totally agree - he SHOULD have his own album. and Marie should be the music director to help him select songs, coaching his singing etc. Now Marie how can we get you this job?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 10/3/2012, 8:59 pm

Buenos wrote:I just don't want the writers making Kurt feel responsible for whatever "cheating" Blaine does.

My fear is that they will show Kurt constantly ignoring texts/phonecalls from Blaine tommorrow and that will be the lifeline for fandom to say " Aha...Kurt contributed to the cheating!"

I don't think Blaine is a monster, just flawed and human, which actually makes him more interesting, but at the same time I don't want Kurt to be made thinking he's responsible, as he was made to feel with Karofsky's suicide attempt.

I have a feeling that's the route they'll go though. I just hope Kurt doesn't stay depressed the rest of the season.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/3/2012, 9:00 pm

fantastica wrote:
i am so loving this! obviously the person doesn't know chris/kurt so I trust his/her opinion to be totally unbiased. and I totally agree - he SHOULD have his own album. and Marie should be the music director to help him select songs, coaching his singing etc. Now Marie how can we get you this job?
I wish I knew. moque

Buenos wrote:My fear is that they will show Kurt constantly ignoring texts/phonecalls from Blaine tommorrow and that will be the lifeline for fandom to say " Aha...Kurt contributed to the cheating!"
Well, then we can show them this and tell them that they're hypocrites:

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6 - Page 29 Tumblr_mbbgdpFIEt1qaxxelo1_250 Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6 - Page 29 Tumblr_mbbgdpFIEt1qaxxelo2_250 Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 6 - Page 29 Tumblr_mbbgdpFIEt1qaxxelo3_250
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 10/3/2012, 9:05 pm

Glorfindel wrote:Someone over on GF found this about 'The Scientist' and was so kind to post it on the KHAT:

link to youtube
hapitgh

Awwww......this comment made me feel all warm and happy. wub wub wub I love when people who don't know a thing about Glee love Chris's voice, too. wub
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 10/3/2012, 9:31 pm

ColferGirl wrote:

link to youtube
hapitgh

Awwww......this comment made me feel all warm and happy. wub wub wub I love when people who don't know a thing about Glee love Chris's voice, too. wub

This is awesome and so true. I am only getting around to being able to listen to it again because it honestly depressed me that he was so good and we didn't get more.
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 10/3/2012, 9:47 pm

I think this coming episode that for whatever reason, the Showrunners are not interested in Kurt singing at all anymore. I can't pretend anymore that it's not a deliberate thing anymore.

An emotionally charged episode where Kurt is going to be torn apart emotionally and he doesn't even warrant a solo on his own? And yet Blaine and FInn share a duet about their sorrow/pain and get more lines in two others songs? Plus Blaine gets a solo to emphasize his pain and suffering when he is the one that cheats??

WTF????
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/3/2012, 10:36 pm

Buenos wrote:I think this coming episode that for whatever reason, the Showrunners are not interested in Kurt singing at all anymore. I can't pretend anymore that it's not a deliberate thing anymore.

An emotionally charged episode where Kurt is going to be torn apart emotionally and he doesn't even warrant a solo on his own? And yet Blaine and FInn share a duet about their sorrow/pain and get more lines in two others songs? Plus Blaine gets a solo to emphasize his pain and suffering when he is the one that cheats??

WTF????

No, I think you're right about that. This is going back to the Itunes fix. We'll have an overload of Lea and Darren solos or them having leads on the group numbers and if we're lucky, we might get one of two solos from Chris tops this year. Given that I expected this, I'm not terribly dissapointed. Angry, yes. Very much so.

And I honestly don't mind letting Blaine shoulder the angst over their break up. Kurt's had more than enough angst over the years and it's time for him to start focusing on his future and the things that bring him happiness. Blaine has placed himself in the catagory of things that make Kurt unhappy so he needs to go. Let Kurt flourish in New York and find all kinds of opportunities there. I don't want him crying over the guy who cheated on him. Let him leave Blaine and the pain that Blaine caused in Lima where it belongs.

I actually would be very happy if while they keep having all these excuses to keep bringing the graduates back to McKinley (like this nonsence about them helping out with Grease which is just an excuse to give Lea and Naya more solos), Kurt stays in NY and focuses on his work. Why should he want to return to a school where he was treated so badly, to his classmates that at best tolerated him but never really embraced him (as evidenced by Sam's comment about bros last week) and where his talents were routinely ignored. He should come back for one reason and one reason alone - to see his father. Other than that? If I were Kurt, I'd put Lima firmly in my rearview mirror and not think about that hellhole again.

As for Blaine... pardon my language, but he needs to grow the fuck up already. The world does not exist to cater to his emotional needs. Kurt has excused Blaine's bad behavior time and time again, going all the way back to BIOTA, where Baine carelessly dated Kurt's female friend knowing that Kurt had feelings for him. Kurt forgave that. He forgave Blaine auditioning with a song that made him so perfect for the part that he knew that Kurt needed for his college applications (and I don't think that was any accident on Blaine's part). He even gave Blaine flowers over it. He forgave Blaine for trying to force Kurt to have sex for the first time in the backseat of a car while he was drunk and Kurt actually fucking applogized for that. Kurt owes Blaine absolutely nothing here. Blaine is the one who needs to work to redeem himself, if he can, and earn Kurt's forgiveness. He needs to stop running away from his problems and ducking out of confrontations and actually deal with shit and maybe he can fix things between him and Kurt. But it's up to him to do that. Not Kurt. Kurt did nothing wrong here, and certainly nothing deserving of having his boyfriend cheating on him.

Also wanted to address a point that I've seen stated by the Blaine stans on other boards, crying about character assassination. It seems that whenever a favorite character does something that the stans don't like, they go on about character assassination. I'm sorry, but I just don't see any evidence that anything that Blaine has done here is in any way out of character. He has a clear history of needing attention. A lot of attention. He's as bad as Rachel when it comes to that. He needs to be affirmed constantly and he is willing to get it from any source. Even after saying that Sebastian meant nothing to him, he continued contact while knowing that Kurt would be upset by it (and clearly Kurt did not know, given how he was blindsided by the revelation during Michael). He also has a long history of making very rash and poorly thought out decisions without really considering the consequences (the GAP attack and his quick transfer to McKinley). Deciding to seek out some random hookup while he felt that Kurt was drifting away from him? Totally within the realm of believability for me.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/3/2012, 11:15 pm

I've done some thinking about the cheating spoiler, and spent some time all over the internet reading some Blainer and Klainers thoughts about that this evening, and I have a few thoughts.

It seems like the a lot of the Blainers and Klainers have an "eye for an eye" mentality when it comes to this. Some of them are saying that if Blaine cyber cheated, it is basically the same as Kurt texting with Chandler, and they are both guilty of doing it, and both were equally wrong.

Now, before I make my next comment, I want to remind everyone that I thought Kurt was wrong when he was texting Chandler and hiding it from Blaine. And I also thought that Blaine was wrong for his ongoing friendship with Sebastian behind Kurt's back. And Blaine would be wrong for having flirty interactions with a boy on facebook. If it were just to stop here, I would again say that klaine is not the healthy relationship that so many people thing they are because there are too many secrets between them.

But taking those flirty interactions to the next level by meeting the boy is a game changer. It's no longer comparable to Kurt texting Chandler. Though the messages were flirty, and made Kurt feel good, they were still somewhat innocent because Kurt never showed any intent to bring that relationship to another level. But Blaine going to the guy's house, going up to his bedroom, and sitting on the bed makes the online interaction not so innocent. Even if he realizes that he's making a mistake and walks out without doing anything, the intent was still there to do something that was harmful to the relationship, and that makes it worse than what happened between Kurt and Chandler.

That being said, after rereading the bit of the script, I do think that what happens in that bedroom is more than just harmless flirting. At the very least, I'm thinking there was a makeout session, but I'm leaning towards thinking that there was physical sex involved. And Blaine being devestated and overcome with guilt would be a natural reaction because in that moment he would realize that he is jepordizing the thing that was most dear to him.

I guess 24 hours from now we'll know for sure what the breakup is about, and we'll be seeing quite a bit of the fan reaction to it. I will be sure to tweet Ryan and Brad my thoughts after. Even though they probably won't see them, I don't want the Blainer/Klainers to be the only voicing their opinions on the show.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 10/4/2012, 12:00 am

Ranwing wrote:
Buenos wrote:I think this coming episode that for whatever reason, the Showrunners are not interested in Kurt singing at all anymore. I can't pretend anymore that it's not a deliberate thing anymore.

WTF????

No, I think you're right about that. This is going back to the Itunes fix. We'll have an overload of Lea and Darren solos or them having leads on the group numbers and if we're lucky, we might get one of two solos from Chris tops this year. Given that I expected this, I'm not terribly dissapointed. Angry, yes. Very much so.

And I honestly don't mind letting Blaine shoulder the angst over their break up. Kurt's had more than enough angst over the years and it's time for him to start focusing on his future and the things that bring him happiness. Blaine has placed himself in the catagory of things that make Kurt unhappy so he needs to go. Let Kurt flourish in New York and find all kinds of opportunities there. I don't want him crying over the guy who cheated on him. Let him leave Blaine and the pain that Blaine caused in Lima where it belongs.

I actually would be very happy if while they keep having all these excuses to keep bringing the graduates back to McKinley (like this nonsence about them helping out with Grease which is just an excuse to give Lea and Naya more solos), Kurt stays in NY and focuses on his work. Why should he want to return to a school where he was treated so badly, to his classmates that at best tolerated him but never really embraced him (as evidenced by Sam's comment about bros last week) and where his talents were routinely ignored. He should come back for one reason and one reason alone - to see his father. Other than that? If I were Kurt, I'd put Lima firmly in my rearview mirror and not think about that hellhole again.

As for Blaine... pardon my language, but he needs to grow the fuck up already. The world does not exist to cater to his emotional needs. Kurt has excused Blaine's bad behavior time and time again, going all the way back to BIOTA, where Baine carelessly dated Kurt's female friend knowing that Kurt had feelings for him. Kurt forgave that. He forgave Blaine auditioning with a song that made him so perfect for the part that he knew that Kurt needed for his college applications (and I don't think that was any accident on Blaine's part). He even gave Blaine flowers over it. He forgave Blaine for trying to force Kurt to have sex for the first time in the backseat of a car while he was drunk and Kurt actually fucking applogized for that. Kurt owes Blaine absolutely nothing here. Blaine is the one who needs to work to redeem himself, if he can, and earn Kurt's forgiveness. He needs to stop running away from his problems and ducking out of confrontations and actually deal with shit and maybe he can fix things between him and Kurt. But it's up to him to do that. Not Kurt. Kurt did nothing wrong here, and certainly nothing deserving of having his boyfriend cheating on him.

Also wanted to address a point that I've seen stated by the Blaine stans on other boards, crying about character assassination. It seems that whenever a favorite character does something that the stans don't like, they go on about character assassination. I'm sorry, but I just don't see any evidence that anything that Blaine has done here is in any way out of character. He has a clear history of needing attention. A lot of attention. He's as bad as Rachel when it comes to that. He needs to be affirmed constantly and he is willing to get it from any source. Even after saying that Sebastian meant nothing to him, he continued contact while knowing that Kurt would be upset by it (and clearly Kurt did not know, given how he was blindsided by the revelation during Michael). He also has a long history of making very rash and poorly thought out decisions without really considering the consequences (the GAP attack and his quick transfer to McKinley). Deciding to seek out some random hookup while he felt that Kurt was drifting away from him? Totally within the realm of believability for me.

I applaud this post. The way you put this together. All the things I've been trying to say but I can't put them into coherent words or paragraphs, bravo rooots . I agree with this, completely.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 10/4/2012, 12:16 am

finchel and their related pairings have been cheating w/ each for 3 seasons plus. why is one cheat by klaine such a big deal? I don't understand the infatuation w/ fictional characters and their pairings. people are waging wars over this. why? if these people have their own relationships in real life, perhaps they should stop arguing and start looking at their own relationships - are they ignoring their partners by spending too much time on line and fussing about a fictional ship? arguing endless about who is "right" and "wrong" while not looking deep into their own relationship and see that in reality there's often no clear right and wrong? I honestly don't give a dam about klaine or any other pairings. if they break up they breakup. if they stay together they stay together. I just don't understand the mentality that one has to be wrong (always the guy who they are not stanning for) and one has to be the victim (always their fav).

now for those who tries to find excuses for a bad behavior, putting the blame on the victim is nasty. it's like telling a woman she deserves to be raped simply because she dresses provocatively.

cheating is very destructive for a relationship, regardless of what provokes it. the thing is, there will ALWAYS be problems in a relationship. after all we are dealing w/ 2 totally different individuals and it's not easy to achieve the kind of harmony that fairy tale fantasies have us believe. Every couple struggle to get along. some have it easier and some have a harder time. If a partner feel that they are no longer committed in a relationship then they should call it quit and go out w/ as many people as they want to. cheating almost never help a relationship, especially if the secret gets out. Cheating doesn't solve any problems existed in a current relationship, only complicates it. Now instead of problems, you have additional animosities between the parties. so to me infidelity should never be justified, but can be understood.

I hope Kurt never want blaine back, but it's not up to kurt. it's up to RIB+.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Catt24 10/4/2012, 12:29 am

Ranwing wrote:

WTF????

Bless this post hola

I've had a long day so I am just catching up to quite a shit storm brewing within fandom (what else is new?). However, I have to seriously side eye some of the Blaine stans who are crying that this complete character assassination done at the alter of St. Kurt" that I've been reading about. Blaine is a classic, DSM IV attention-seeking/dependent personality disorder type character (I had to study the DSM IV/V for my internship). He has shown time & time again, that when he is not getting attention from Kurt, he'll either seek it elsewhere, thus, enacting the self-fulfilling prophecy, in where he makes the situation must worst than need be. He avoids conflict, makes extremely poor decisions, has no sense of self other than singing pointless songs, and instead of dealing with issues/problems at hand, he takes matters into his own hand (DWS comes to mind). Blaine cheating on Kurt, while extremely disappointing as a Kurt fan (Ryan Murphy giveth Kurt happiness and thouest take it away since I did not want his first relationship to go down that path), is so within the realm of possibility. I can only hope that Kurt will dust himself off, move on with his career, hopefully will be shown to explore other options in NYC (in terms of mates), and moves the FUCK on from Blaine since he's a psychological mess at this point. I had to even read comments as to why Kurt isn't the one cheating & blaming him for Blaine's actions.. Well, Kurt has been show to correlate sex with love & intimacy--not random hook-ups because he's depressed or lonely for starters. Also, from what I gathered, Blaine sought out the facebook hook-up, he initiated contact, this wasn't a careless, drunken act. He KNEW what he was doing. And while I can understand feeling neglected, and that might be where Kurt was naive, and could have paid some (not all like his fans claim that he should) attention to Blaine's fears, he is NOT responsible for leading Blaine to physically cheat (and I do believe he had sex with facebook guy) on Kurt--Blaine is accountable for that.

And what has truly has annoyed me is that we're not hearing much spoilers from Kurt's perspective at this point beyond the Break-up. Maybe RIB are not sure either to keep in fashion, or put him NYADA, but it's irritating to have Kurt/Chris sideline so I can hear the usual suspects sing again. Chris's best performance has been through song & they've made Glee memorable for a lot of viewers. But Glee has sacrificed something purposeful for cheap iTunes bucks.

Karen: I lost my password for my Twitter account, so I'm hoping that tomorrow night I can reset and tweet that I want Kurt to MOVE ON & more on-screen development for him. I think if Kurtsies have their twitters, we should be able to utilize them so that RIB can get more than one dominating fanbase monopolizing their ears.

Catt24
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 10/4/2012, 3:34 am

Catt24 wrote:
Ranwing wrote:

WTF????

Bless this post hola

I've had a long day so I am just catching up to quite a shit storm brewing within fandom (what else is new?). However, I have to seriously side eye some of the Blaine stans who are crying that this complete character assassination done at the alter of St. Kurt" that I've been reading about. Blaine is a classic, DSM IV attention-seeking/dependent personality disorder type character (I had to study the DSM IV/V for my internship). He has shown time & time again, that when he is not getting attention from Kurt, he'll either seek it elsewhere, thus, enacting the self-fulfilling prophecy, in where he makes the situation must worst than need be. He avoids conflict, makes extremely poor decisions, has no sense of self other than singing pointless songs, and instead of dealing with issues/problems at hand, he takes matters into his own hand (DWS comes to mind). Blaine cheating on Kurt, while extremely disappointing as a Kurt fan (Ryan Murphy giveth Kurt happiness and thouest take it away since I did not want his first relationship to go down that path), is so within the realm of possibility. I can only hope that Kurt will dust himself off, move on with his career, hopefully will be shown to explore other options in NYC (in terms of mates), and moves the FUCK on from Blaine since he's a psychological mess at this point. I had to even read comments as to why Kurt isn't the one cheating & blaming him for Blaine's actions.. Well, Kurt has been show to correlate sex with love & intimacy--not random hook-ups because he's depressed or lonely for starters. Also, from what I gathered, Blaine sought out the facebook hook-up, he initiated contact, this wasn't a careless, drunken act. He KNEW what he was doing. And while I can understand feeling neglected, and that might be where Kurt was naive, and could have paid some (not all like his fans claim that he should) attention to Blaine's fears, he is NOT responsible for leading Blaine to physically cheat (and I do believe he had sex with facebook guy) on Kurt--Blaine is accountable for that.

And what has truly has annoyed me is that we're not hearing much spoilers from Kurt's perspective at this point beyond the Break-up. Maybe RIB are not sure either to keep in fashion, or put him NYADA, but it's irritating to have Kurt/Chris sideline so I can hear the usual suspects sing again. Chris's best performance has been through song & they've made Glee memorable for a lot of viewers. But Glee has sacrificed something purposeful for cheap iTunes bucks.

Karen: I lost my password for my Twitter account, so I'm hoping that tomorrow night I can reset and tweet that I want Kurt to MOVE ON & more on-screen development for him. I think if Kurtsies have their twitters, we should be able to utilize them so that RIB can get more than one dominating fanbase monopolizing their ears.

I agree. We should make our voices be heard and show that the Klainers and Blaine stans don't have the loudest voices.

I want another "Roses Turn".

Kurt needs to move on and I hope they show that he does.

These stans wanted development and they got it, now they don't like it. dryy

Boo hoo. It's a show for godsake, get a life, stop trying to live through a fictional character and just enjoy the show.

I want to enjoy this show, not have these showrunners listening to immature stans that obviously have no lives so that they get what they want and ruin our viewing like they have done for far too long.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 10/4/2012, 3:38 am

fantastica wrote:now for those who tries to find excuses for a bad behavior, putting the blame on the victim is nasty. it's like telling a woman she deserves to be raped simply because she dresses
provocatively.

cheating is very destructive for a relationship, regardless of what provokes it. the thing is, there will ALWAYS be problems in a relationship. after all we are dealing w/ 2 totally different individuals and it's not easy to achieve the kind of harmony that fairy tale fantasies have us believe. Every couple struggle to get along. some have it easier and some have a harder time. If a partner feel that they are no longer committed in a relationship then they should call it quit and go out w/ as many people as they want to. cheating almost never help a relationship, especially if the secret gets out. Cheating doesn't solve any problems existed in a current relationship, only complicates it. Now instead of problems, you have additional animosities between the parties. so to me infidelity should never be justified, but can be understood.
banzai OMG THIS. This is exactly how i feel about infidelity. That's why people who are trying to justify Blaine's mistake just pissed me off a little.

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/4/2012, 4:11 am

The Blaine fans are now experiencing the phrase: "Be careful what you're wishing for, 'cause it might come true." Rolling Eyes

As a Kurtsie who has been dealing with obnoxious Blarren stans for much too often, and last week really was the worst, I can't help but wanting to dance on Blaine's grave now. Seeing all the excusing of Blaine and accusing of Kurt that's going on in the Blaine tags and threads I only want to celebrate Blaine's "character assasination" a bit more. Take the shit you've been dealing out, guys, and a little bit more.
But that is just a small, very vocal, annoying group of a big fandom loving a (so far in Glee's standards) nice couple. And for some of them Klaine represent something they really craved and needed to see on American television.
There are some Klainers over on GF, here and someplace else that I really like, and they are devastated by all of this, really hurt, and I can understand why. So I honestly do feel bad for them.
And wow, this is how screwed up and absolutely careless this is of RIB: if hardcore Kurtsies (as I'm not the only one from what I can tell) can feel sorry for some of Blaine's fans.

RM is making a huge mistake here.
He thinks that Klainers will be okay when Kurt and Blaine get back together again after some groveling, but what I suspect is that a lot of Klainers will take one side and never want this ship to sail again. For a lot of those (young female) fans cheating is the deal breaker and the one unforgivable act, esp. when it's not a drunken stupid mistake but a premeditated hook-up. And another part of that group will defend Blaine at all costs. This is going to create a big rift in the Klaine fandom, and unlike the whole Finn/Quinn/Puck cheating of season 1, the Klainers are now way more emotionally invested in this couple, as none of them (so far) had been painted as the bad guy (if you ignore the mixed unintentional signals that RIB sends all the time). RIB will get Klaine back together, and instead of shippers being happy again, there will be not many shippers left to be happy: most fans will be pissed (me too: I don't think I can stomach Kurt going back to Blaine if he actually had sex with a random guy).
Huge, huge miscalculation of RM.

The lack of songs for Kurt, however expected, is pissing me off. :angry:
I want Kurt's INRBIO over this, with the whole of ND backing him up. But we'll probably get another Blaine angst solo with the remains of ND feeling sorry for him.
Someone on GF said that it would have had a much better impact storytelling wise if Kurt had sung 'Teenage Dream' to Blaine and then Blaine would have broken down in tears. But we can't have that, of course. dryy

Last night I had the horrible thought of Blaine singing Grease's 'There Are Worse Things I Could Do' (...than go with a boy or two). moque vomit2
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 10/4/2012, 4:52 am

Whoa, the storm has started and the episode hasn't even aired yet.

I may not have time to watch the episode tomorrow to comment on it straight away, so I'm going to drop a few thoughts based on the recent spoilers which strongly indicated that Blaine is going to make some abysmally poor choices. On one hand I suppose injecting douche-baggy behaviour flaws into Blaine has been the writers' idea of character development for him all this time (since season 2, really), so yay for more development. On the other hand, I'm just frustrated that Kurt's first love would always be this weak and needy guy, and Kurt is probably going to be stuck with him for 'eternity' (quoting RM here) regardless of how douche-baggy flawed his bf is. I just hope that if Klaine is going to reunite with the Moulin Rouge 'Come What May' song, Blaine would sing the Nicole Kidman part.

sahhar wrote:
I just hope Kurt enjoys his independent, single life and eventually starts dating another guy, if they make Kurt a depressed, sad sack of a character constantly pining after Blaine and forgiving him, I'll seriously be done. I really hope they don't do that. The fact that for Kurt it's only Blaine and nobody else is just pathetic, especially since it's less of an amicable breakup and more cheating.

I feel the same way. I could care less what kind of flaws Blaine acquires in the writers' hands (I kinda suspect all this cheating and break up business is just another convenient excuse for another gazillion solos for heartbroken Blaine). What I do care about is how Kurt would act after finally getting a clue that his Prince Charming is not perfect after all. I don't want Kurt to pine for Blaine. I want Blaine to pine... oh, wait, on second thought, I'm not really looking forward to that either. There is only so much 'emotional' Blaine I can take. Hmm.. feeling conflicted here. Anyway, there's a spoiler-ish tweet stating that Kurt would be 'strong', so I'm hoping that Kurt comes out of this a stronger character; one who realizes that it's seriously unhealthy to have all his happiness dictated by one other person. He has family. He has career. He has dreams. It's time he finds fulfillment outside of romance.

Catt24 wrote: However, I have to seriously side eye some of the Blaine stans who are crying that this complete character assassination done at the alter of St. Kurt" that I've been reading about.

Ah, the differing views of a Blaine stan and a Kurt stan. I hold onto the opinion that Kurt had been sacrificed on the altar of Blaine-worship by RIB+ ever since Blaine's conception.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 10/4/2012, 4:55 am

here is a novel idea. blaine could have made his grievance with kurt know, like he did in 3x17. he could have said, lets talk about me and us now. he could have gotten angry and yelled at kurt, he could have gotten pissed off and in the heat of it broken up with kurt over the phone or skype. and all of that would have been ok, right even.

but no. he didn't only flirt or have cyber-sex with a guy he met online, but he went to his place and had sex with him (the rumpled bed, the untucked shirt - that is all code for sex, oral, anal, doesn't matter what kind - it was sex). what he did was impulsive and out of loneliness, but it was still incredibly wrong. they don't have an open relationship, blaine was the one who insisted on kurt leaving - so from that point of view it looks like he just couldn't wait for him to go to hook up with other (i know that isn't how it is, but it sure gives of that impression).

i believe that blaine cares about kurt deeply, but did he need to fuck another guy to realize that. and to a guy that throw a hissy fit over his boyfriend texting with another guy and called it cheating, this infraction is almost unforgivable in nature.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 10/4/2012, 5:04 am

I agree with you, Glorfindel, I do also feel bad for the Blaine fans. My preference for Kurt is only a personal perception, and I understand why some prefer Blaine (as I said, Kurt is flawed, and while I can see these flaws are "qualities" in the sense that they make him human, multi-dimensional or fleshed out, but some will only see the negative side of it). I have always recognized Kurt's flaws, and, even if I don't like when "my" character is wrong (as when he was looking for the wrong answers in the "texting" or acted a tad self-obsessed in the Skype conversation), I also appreciate the fact that he makes these mistakes.

I don't hate Blaine the character (and even less Darren, I think he is a nice guy), I just find him bland, and I kinda resent the writers/producers for using him as a jukebox. One, because, as talented as he is, Glee was about a group of misfits, and having him sing so many songs deprives the audience to listen to other voices, as Tina's and Artie's for instance, who are both damn good singers. Two, using him as such means that he gets no characterisation at all. What are his characteristics albeit being dapper and a good singer?

So, in a way, making him be flawed and make mistakes, as huge as they are, will make me relate more to him. Now, considering the mistake, i.e. cheating, I will seriously hate it if Kurt take him back just like that. And even if/when they get back together, as it was stated, the relationship will always be tainted. This is not something you ever forgive completely. When trust is broken, it's generally very very hard to get back.

Now we know how forgiving Kurt can be (Finn, Karofsky, Rachel, and even Blaine back in S2), and if he comes to the decision to take Blaine back, that will not be too OOC. However, if he ever does, I want it to be after a long reflexion, and not because no one else in the world wants him. I want him to have other opportunities, be given the chance to date someone else, give Blaine a hard time, and get back with him after a matured relexion.

Unfortunately, I don't trust the writers for that. Blaine has always been depicted as the most attractive half of the couple, the one able to pass with and charm anyone, while Kurt's looks and personality were always depicted as very idiosyncratic, i.e. not susceptible to please everyone (on the contrary). Kurt has been hit on by 3 guys so far: Blaine, Dave (and I think it was more admiration than crush from his part), and Chandler, who was a joke and nothing more. So, I really don't think they'll have anyone try to hit on him (I can't wait to be proven wrong, but whatever).

My second "fear" is that we will not see Kurt's side of the break up after 4.04. The briefs summaries of 4.05 to 4.07 seem McKinley-centerd, I don't know to which extent Kurt will be involved in these episodes.
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 10/4/2012, 10:42 am

Count me in as a worrier about the fact whether Kurt will get a voice/saying in this whole debacle at all, either in this episode or in the following ones. In my nightmare the next few eps say 5 through 8 are all about McKinley and we won't see Kurt at all. But then I'm thinking that Rachel is in every single episode and where Rachel goes, Kurt goes so at least on not seeing Kurt at all I can rationally throw aside.

It will be exiting to see if this episode will show a significant rise or fall in the ratings: I would think that so many shippers want to share this episode espcially live in order not to be spoilt too much on the emotional ride.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/4/2012, 11:06 am

I'm going to keep my frustration about Kurt's lack of singing opportunities while Rachel and Blaine get to sing if one of them stubs their toe and the lack of perspective on his feelings for another time. I want to really focus on Blaine's actions here and whether or not any reconciliation is at all possible. Now that I've had a chance to think for a bit, I really want to try to figure out just what was motivating Blaine to do something so monumentally stupid and whether or not Kurt should ever forgive him, let alone get back together with him.

Infidelity comes in all flavors. You have strictly physical, where the cheater has no emotional connection to the person that they are cheating with. You have emotional infidelity, where the relationship has not yet moved into the physical but the cheater has already begun to shift their emotional investment from their current partner to a new one. Then you have the most toxic, where the relationship becomes both emotional and physical. The last is the most damaging to a relationship and is the kind that the relationship is least likely to recover from.

Blaine's cheating seems to be strictly physical judging by the fact that he did not cheat with someone that he knows and has some kind of relationship with. He went looking for a stranger because he was still deeply emotionally invested in his relationship with Kurt. At that moment, Blaine wasn't happy because something in the relationship was leaving him unfulfilled (and we can argue forever whether his feelings are justified or not, but feelings are feelings) and given his nonconfrontational, passive agressive nature, rather than confront Kurt about what was happening, he looked outside the relationship to give him the validation he was looking for. But here is where he gets interesting - he wasn't looking for emotional validation. Going to a stranger was trying to use a physical release in order to soothe an emotional hurt. He wasn't trying to replace what he had with Kurt, but it was a display of how upset he currently is with how things stand between him and Kurt (again, we can argue if this is justified or not). There are all kinds of conflicting feelings that likely went along with him doing something like this. Part of him very possibly wanted to hurt his boyfriend for his "neglect" (much the same way Rachel tried to use Puck to get back at Finn when his sleeping with Santana came to light). Part of him might have wanted to test his resolve to be with Kurt by trying to be with someone else in the most superficial way possible (taking a test drive, so to speak). Part of it was likely also some self-sabatoge; deliberately causing the damage that would drive Kurt away since Kurt was already, in Blaine's eyes, drifting away. Blaine might very well have seen himself increasingly unworthy of being in Kurt's life (now that Kurt was in NY and surrounded by all kinds of fabulous people better suited for him) and thus deliberately made himself unworthy of being with Kurt.

Emotional cheating is more akin to what happened between Finn and Quinn at the beginning of season 1, where he was still in a relationship with Quinn but was begining to shift his focus and emotional investment to Rachel (and we all saw how that ended up). I actually think that Blaine's realtionship with Sebastian would have had as much chance of damaging his relationship with Kurt had it continued because it was verging on emotional infidelity. Blaine knew full well that Sebastian was interested in him. That was no secret. He also knew that the relationship was making Kurt uncomfortable. Yet he continued with the relationship for an extended period. Worse, he kept it secret from Kurt that he was keeping in contact with Sebastian. That showed an enormous lack of consideration for his boyfriend. Now I fully believe that Blaine can certainly have relationships with other people, even if Kurt doesn't necessarily like them, but it's the secrecy part that really troubles me. And when he found out about Kurt recieving flirty texts from Chandler in DWS, the hypocrasy comes out. Kurt has no emotional investment in Chandler and was simply enjoying the texts for some harmless self-gratification (and also to make Blaine a little jealous since Kurt wasn't exactly being subtle), but there was pretty much no question that Kurt wasn't in any way serious about Chandler. Blaine's bond with Sebastian was a lot more insideous. Sebastian knew that Blaine was in a relationship, didn't care about Blaine's relationship and was pretty disrespectly towards Kurt as a person. And Blaine was aware of this. The fact that he continued talking to Sebastian and hid it from Kurt could have been enormously damaging had Sebastian not shown his true colors in Michael and Blaine been his inadvertant victim.

Given that Blaine still has all of his emotional investment in his relationship with Kurt, I don't think things are past saving. Couples do recover from adultary but it takes work and time on both partner's parts. Blaine needs to do a whole lot of serious soul searching before he can even think to ask for Kurt's forgiveness. He's got to examine why he did what he did and really understand his rational (no matter how unpleasent it is for him) so that he's got a chance of assuring Kurt that it will never happen again. He's got to deal with his habit of making poorly thought out and rash decisions, as well not considering how his actions might impact those that he cares about. He also needs really examine his habit of avoiding conflict by deflecting and running away. I think that in ep. 7, when he's considering returning to Dalton is going to be where he hits rock bottom and someone (Sebastian, Finn, Burt, whoever...) give him the smack upside his head and tells him that he's got to stop running away and start dealing with his problems. That if he still loves Kurt as much as he claims to, he'll fight for Kurt and their realtionship, not run away from it when things get rough.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 10/4/2012, 11:26 am

great post ranwing!

adultery is often "forgiven" in real life when there's marrage involved - kids, properties, social image, etc. made it much harder to split.

i like when they make kurt strong. kurt should not settle w/ the first gay guy he sees in his life. there are more options out there, especially in NY. btw, men (or women) who cheats once will likely to cheat again, because it's part of their personality to "get attention". so if I were Kurt, i would never want blaine back, but I am not the writer, so there you go.

I guess from the spoiler sebastian will indeed be back, but unfortunately swaying in the background among the warblers. you know they could have not retconned him and let him have sex w/ blaine AND continue to the the villain (sans the white fuffy cat), and saving their need to hire 2 actors. but I guess poor Grant didn't generate enough buzz for himself and now they need a new guy to test the viewer's overies. dryy
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  CloveGlee 10/4/2012, 1:57 pm

This hit me really hard this morning. I put some notes about it on my blog, but I shared it with Glee Forum and I will do it here, to.

This whole situation actually reminds me of another fandom of mine.. a long time ago.

Another show, another couple, another breakup.

Who remembers Ross and Rachel?

- Rachel got a new job working in fashion. She became very, very busy. She was too busy to give Ross any attention. One day, after a fight, Ross thought they were broken up, so he went out and slept with the very first piece of willing tail he saw. He got caught, and Rachel broke up with him.

It's VERY much the same story. It's uncanny. Of course, what's so funny is that I was partial to Ross back in the day and I am a Kurt fan now. I am getting the other point of view in stereo sound. I blogged about that at Recappers, but I thought I would mention it here, as well. I wonder... did the writers mean for this parallel to be so close, or was it subliminal? bloghttp://recappersdelight.blogspot.com/2012/10/and-biggest-glee-spoiler-of-all.html

CloveGlee
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://recappersdelight.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 10/4/2012, 2:49 pm

i DON'T EVEN BELIEVE IT!! My stupid, stupid computer just deleted my entire, lengthy as usual post. I don't have time to post all that again.

Bullet points
I think Blaine cyber cheats tonight and they break up

I think Blaine tries to move on some episodes down the road, and sleeps with random guy, not technically cheating.

We know Kurt and Blaine will eventually get back together, so I am hoping they use this storyline to give Blaine a personality, explain why he needs so much attention, and have him deal with his insecurities.

Kurt's voice is sorely underutilized, and it should be tweeted weekly, but even so, it won't change the rest of this years scripts, because they are already likely written, because they have to get rights to sing the songs ahead of time.

I fully expect Kurt to really only get one more song before the hiatus, after tonights few lines, the NYADA audition solo.

I also fully expect Kurt and Blaine to be on the outs until either Christmas, but more likely Valentines. Kurt will be in Lima for the wedding, it is hard to woo someone back long distance. I also wouldn't be surprised to have Kurt catch Emma's bouquet. A small balm to the Klainers who actually like both characters. No matter what, Blaine needs to work his ass off to earn Kurt's affection and trust back, I don't want some gosh that's sweet and Oh I forgive you going on. Groveling is unnecessary on Blaine's side as well, I don't need him to be able to beg, I need him to be able to grow up and be a man deserving of Kurt.

Don't want to harsh anyone's buzz out there, I can't say that I haven't enjoyed the fall out of the Blainer's getting their wish. Some how they didn't think this would make Blaine wrong, and Blaine would just spontaneously make out with some cute guy, which is what they want. Now they see it makes Blaine a hypocrite and in the wrong. How can Mr. Perfect not be perfect? I do find the scrambling to find justification amusing. My dislike of Blaine stans has unfortunately stained how I feel about the character, and the actor doesn't deserve that. Perhaps this will curtail their Kurt bashing, and I can actually get fully behind Klaine.

Still pretty long.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/4/2012, 3:46 pm

Divalicious wrote:
Kurt's voice is sorely underutilized, and it should be tweeted weekly, but even so, it won't change the rest of this years scripts, because they are already likely written, because they have to get rights to sing the songs ahead of time.

I fully expect Kurt to really only get one more song before the hiatus, after tonights few lines, the NYADA audition solo.

I'm, unfortunately, not expecting a solo until his NYADA audition. It's really sad that they've got one of the most unique voices out there at their disposal and they're just not using him the way they should. There has always been some imbalance with how solos are distributed (and the less said about competition solos, the better), but we used to hear from Kurt, Tina and Artie fairly regularly. Last season he had a grand total of four solos (most of them at the back end of the season). It's such a far cry from season two when he had six (distributed fairly evenly throughout the season), but still better than season one when he had only three solos. I guess going by worst expectations, we can expect three solos during the season, but that stinks when you consider that non-singer Brittany has already had 2 solos and a duet this season. antifana

I also fully expect Kurt and Blaine to be on the outs until either Christmas, but more likely Valentines. Kurt will be in Lima for the wedding, it is hard to woo someone back long distance. I also wouldn't be surprised to have Kurt catch Emma's bouquet. A small balm to the Klainers who actually like both characters. No matter what, Blaine needs to work his ass off to earn Kurt's affection and trust back, I don't want some gosh that's sweet and Oh I forgive you going on. Groveling is unnecessary on Blaine's side as well, I don't need him to be able to beg, I need him to be able to grow up and be a man deserving of Kurt.

My expectation is that ep 7 is when Blaine will hit rock bottom, get some sense knocked into his head and make the decision to fight for Kurt. And that hopefully will lead to a few episodes of Kurt actually being wooed, something he missed out on given how his relationship with Blaine started. Kurt has never had someone actually pursue him (except Karofsky, and any pleasure he might have gotten out of it was dashed when he realized that it wasn't his boyfriend sending all the sweet gifts). Blaine has taken Kurt for granted as much as he might think that Kurt's taken him for granted. When did he ever give Kurt flowers or gifts just because...?

I don't want to see him grovel, but I want to see Blaine really understand just what he did and why he did it so that he's got a realistic shot of not doing something like this again. This is a huge trust issue for Kurt to get over and Blaine has got to prove that he's in it for the long haul. It's going to take time and Blaine has got to be patient and determined and willing to take Kurt's more than justified anger. Yes, that likely means Kurt being serenaded more but I'm hoping that he tells Blaine to stop singing and actually try talking to him since Blaine tends to hide behind his singing.

Don't want to harsh anyone's buzz out there, I can't say that I haven't enjoyed the fall out of the Blainer's getting their wish. Some how they didn't think this would make Blaine wrong, and Blaine would just spontaneously make out with some cute guy, which is what they want. Now they see it makes Blaine a hypocrite and in the wrong. How can Mr. Perfect not be perfect? I do find the scrambling to find justification amusing. My dislike of Blaine stans has unfortunately stained how I feel about the character, and the actor doesn't deserve that. Perhaps this will curtail their Kurt bashing, and I can actually get fully behind Klaine.

I will also admit that I'm enjoying the consternation of the stans over this. The image they've been cherishing of perflectly dapper Blaine Anderson is being blown to bits and they're getting a character that is deeply flawed, and will likely be vastly more interesting as a result. He's not a fairy tale prince - he's just a stupid high school kid who screwed up the best thing that ever happened to him and will have to move mountains to fix what he'd broken.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next