Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Land of Stories Release Frenzy!

+17
ColferGirl
ChrisColferFan1
Sani
Divalicious
Buenos
ladydianab
brisallie
sahhar
BlueJazz
valkeakuulas
tanita_mors
Jellyrolls
Emile
Delight
fantastica
ColferInspired
arina
21 posters

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 8 Empty Re: The Land of Stories Release Frenzy!

Post  fantastica 7/25/2012, 1:59 am

Chris Colfer Debuts on the Indie Bestseller List

(Debuted at #3 in Children’s Interest) The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell by Chris Colfer: “Through the mysterious powers of a cherished book of stories, they leave their world behind and find themselves in a foreign land full of wonder and magic where they come face-to-face with the fairy tale characters they grew up reading about. But after a series of encounters with witches, wolves, goblins, and trolls alike, getting back home is going to be harder than they thought.” (July 2012)

http://ccolferrr.tumblr.com/post/27923425324/chris-colfer-debuts-on-the-indie-bestseller-list
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 8 Empty Re: The Land of Stories Release Frenzy!

Post  arina 7/25/2012, 2:34 am

ColferGirl wrote:Tomorrow morning I'll be getting on the plane to Ohio so I can attend Chris's book signing in Dayton! Smile When I get there I won't have computer access, so I won't be able to get online for a week. But if all goes well I'll get to meet Chris, and I'll come back and share my pictures and experience with everyone. I'm so so so excited!! I hope I get there early enough.

See you all soon. wub

The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 8 Tumblr_lppv8abElv1qikxoqo1_500
Erin, I hope you'll have a fantastic time! I am looking forward to your experience and pictures, but won't take too many pictures, I am sure there will be a lot of them on the internet and a you shouldn't wasting much time of being in the same room as Chris by looking at him throught a camera :-)
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/25/2012, 2:43 am

The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 8 Tumblr_m7pb6tqITy1qe476yo1_1280
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/25/2012, 2:44 am

The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 8 Tumblr_m7clecWIrT1r1i5owo1_500

some fans still think chris is 8 yrs old.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 7/25/2012, 6:06 am

Divalicious wrote:
I thought I had seen every Chris book tour video, what is with the guy and the green sweat shirt? What is Chris waving?

As brisallie had mentioned, Chris was waving money at the guy (apparently a ten dollar)... to get him to do a striptease Razz

That guy had become something of a tumblr sensation through Chris's teasing. Since my internet connection had started to come more alive recently, I've been able to find the relevant posts on CCN tumblr that explained the story behind it.

How I’m slowly becoming a Chris Colfer sensation.

At his book singing in Union square today, I was skeptical when they started to play Glee music. It’s for his book signing not his acting career right?

I started to hum along.
then sing.
then dance.
then really DANCE.

Eventually it leads to me entertaining the crowd by acting like an ass in my bright green sweatshirt.

As i stand up to get my book signed by my IDOL, the hundreds of people in the seats behind me started to cheer. like omg right?

then I get up on the stage with chris looking at me and the crowd cheers again.

this is what chris says to me: “i hear you’re a stripper.”
I reply with a resounding NO!!
then the british lady behind me blew up my spot and shouted yes..

Chris Colfer then proceeded to take out a ten dollar bill and wave it in front of me. the crowd cheers and i’m dying from embarrassment and then I start to dance like a stripper basically.

Then he signs my book, i give him my letter and go on with my day..

several tumblr trends and twitter mentions later the Green Sweatshirt Kid is in dire need of this all to be true by waiting for pictures and videos.

Source

The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 8 Tumblr_m7fw0cAbuQ1qe9z6so1_500
The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 8 Tumblr_m7hh68XDOR1qe9z6so1_500
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 7/25/2012, 6:12 am

ColferGirl wrote:Tomorrow morning I'll be getting on the plane to Ohio so I can attend Chris's book signing in Dayton! Smile When I get there I won't have computer access, so I won't be able to get online for a week. But if all goes well I'll get to meet Chris, and I'll come back and share my pictures and experience with everyone. I'm so so so excited!! I hope I get there early enough.

See you all soon. wub

Have a safe trip!

As arina had said, don't stress too much on taking pictures. Make full use of this opportunity to bask in the presence of Chris and meet him in the flesh neutre
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 7/25/2012, 8:26 am

See you all soon. wub
OHH! I really hope you have a great time!!

Delight wrote:The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 8 Tumblr_m7hh68XDOR1qe9z6so1_500
LOL this guyyyy. 'Crazy for Chris' is quite the right expression!
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/25/2012, 5:21 pm

Last edited by fantastica on 7/25/2012, 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 7/25/2012, 5:58 pm

@ Kim, What did you post above? a picture or video? Because I can't see it.

The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 8 Tumblr_m7qhrw6XGw1r2tyvho1_500

at Spreecast NYC.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/25/2012, 6:05 pm

oops, sorry. i put hte youtube link inside the image tag. my bad. it's fixed now. thanks for letting me know. these days I only live w/ half of my brain (the other half is hallucinating about chris). Razz
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 8 Empty It's #1!!!

Post  ladydianab 7/25/2012, 8:59 pm

Twitter is going nuts right now. I always have tweetdeck open and wondered why my "tweets" were spinning. Just looked up and Chris tweeted that his book just hit #1 on the New York Times Bestseller list!! I can only imagine his excitement. I told every business person I associate with to watch this kid's brand explode. I was right!!!!
ladydianab
ladydianab
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/25/2012, 9:33 pm

WOW! NYT best seller list? #1? is there anything this kid can't sell?

oh, talking about selling something, this is completely OT but very funny:
hte other day I was in the chinese grocery store shopping, in a section that sells beauty and health products like shampoo, toothpaste, lotions, etc. There was one bottle named "snake oil" (both in chinese and in English) and I just couldn't stop laughing. obviously the company that made it didn't know what "snake oil" meant in English. They actually use some sort of oil extracted from snakes. Personally to me there's no difference. All of these anti-aging crap are snake oils. the only way to truly defy aging is to negotiate w/ the devil, whom I haven't met yet.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/25/2012, 9:38 pm

The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 8 Tumblr_m7qpm6dIBf1rqhjijo1_500

good job chris!

note: the current list tracks sales before 7/14, so the list featuring Chris' book will come out in early Auguest.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/25/2012, 9:41 pm

btw, does anybody know if the interview w/ Piers Morgan ever aired?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 7/25/2012, 9:44 pm

New York Times Bestselling Author our BB I can't crycry crycry crycry crycry bounce hola rooots

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/25/2012, 9:45 pm

The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 8 Tumblr_m7qqjjKvVr1qkfqli

let out the waterworks!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 7/25/2012, 9:52 pm

fantastica wrote:The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 8 Tumblr_m7qqjjKvVr1qkfqli

let out the waterworks!

I'm full of emotions right now. crycry crycry . So proud and happy for him. Nobody deserves it more.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/25/2012, 10:12 pm

The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 8 Tumblr_m7j0arW0oE1qiw4c8o1_500

fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 7/25/2012, 10:15 pm

I am so proud of Chris. The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 8 3933776953 The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 8 621014945

I bought the book yesterday at a bookstore, and it was the last one. Everywhere I go the book is sold out. I started smiling to myself because they have all these copies of Fifty Shades of Grey still on shelves and the ones with Chris's book were empty.

I do have TLOS book and audio coming in the mail but I couldn't wait any longer to read the book. And I love it. It is the best book I have read in years.

Chris deserves this. I so so happy, thrilled, ecstatic. The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 8 3807735071 The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 8 413578547 The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 8 3070767216
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/25/2012, 11:54 pm

Tonight's signing at San Francisco's Book Inc.:

The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 8 Tumblr_m7qy9mWJGT1r4iw92o1_500

The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 8 Tumblr_m7qx86bs9h1qicvpeo1_500

The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 8 Tumblr_m7qwnoIVtN1qicvpeo1_500
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/26/2012, 12:18 am

The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 8 Tumblr_m7qymfQzOW1qhflg9o2_500

The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 8 Tumblr_m7qyhgNyJ11qiiad3o1_500
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 7/26/2012, 2:06 am

Chris meeting puppy

The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 8 Tumblr_m7r2jzjDCf1ql05szo2_250 The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 8 Tumblr_m7r2jzjDCf1ql05szo3_250

Source

I am going to be away just for three days (I am leaving in two hours) and I won't have an internet, it's really terrible how much addicted I am to it.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 7/26/2012, 4:52 am

fantastica wrote:The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 8 Tumblr_m7qpm6dIBf1rqhjijo1_500

This is just incredible. I hope it will stay on that list like a tick for the next months. His hard work is paying off and I would imagine more press gets written about the books success after the list is out there. And being on the indie list as well...I'll shed few happy tears now.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 7/26/2012, 9:12 am

@arina Hope to see you back here when you return neutre

(And yes, most of us probably won't know what to do with ourselves without the internet in this day and age)

Chris Colfer's 'Land of Stories' breaks top 50

By Bob Minzesheimer, USA TODAY
July 26, 2012

The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell, the debut kids' novel by Glee's Chris Colfer, is dedicated to the author's grandmother, who gave him the best writing advice he says he ever received: "Christopher, I think you should wait until you're done with elementary school before worrying about being a failed writer."

That's not something that Colfer, 22, has to worry about.

The book, about 12-year-old twins who literally fall into a fairy tale, lands on USA TODAY's Best-Selling Books list at No. 42. It's based on an idea that Colfer had when he was 10. USA TODAY's 3-star review says, "It works best as a comic and ironic adventure."

Source
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/26/2012, 2:31 pm

from union square signing:

The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 8 Tumblr_m7fmrvratf1rwvx7mo1_500
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next