Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Land of Stories Release Frenzy!

+17
ColferGirl
ChrisColferFan1
Sani
Divalicious
Buenos
ladydianab
brisallie
sahhar
BlueJazz
valkeakuulas
tanita_mors
Jellyrolls
Emile
Delight
fantastica
ColferInspired
arina
21 posters

Page 9 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 9 Empty Re: The Land of Stories Release Frenzy!

Post  fantastica 7/26/2012, 9:05 pm

'Glee's' Chris Colfer: New Book Will Debut as No. 1 on NYT Best-Seller List

Glee’s Chris Colfer leaked the news via Twitter that his new children’s book The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell would debut at the top of one of The New York Times’ children’s best-seller lists for Aug. 4. The list will be released next week.

The actor tweeted, “#TheLandOfStories is debuting at #1 on the New York Times Best Seller’s list!!! Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine this. Thank you!!!”

The book also debuted at No. 3 on the Indie Best-seller list for children’s books.

Land of Stories is about Alex and her twin brother Conner, who use a magical book to travel to a place where fairy tale characters are alive. They encounter witches, wolves, goblins and trolls, but find struggle to find a way to return home.

Colfer first came up with the idea when he was in grade school but wrote the book between scenes on Glee.

He has also wrote the screenplay (and stars in) Struck by Lighting, a coming-of-age tale about a teen from a troubled family who dreams of going to Northwestern University. The move debuted at this year’s Tribeca Film Festival and is scheduled for release in December.

Colfer told The Hollywood Reporter on Monday at TCA that he was overwhelmed by the outpouring of support he’s received from fans during his nationwide book tour. “I was really nervous no one was going to show up because I’ve never done anything just by my lonesome, I’ve always had my Glee stars with me on those things,” he said. “But it’s been fantastic and selling out some places. I couldn’t be happier.”

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/glee-chris-colfer-land-of-stories-bestseller-355012
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 9 Empty Re: The Land of Stories Release Frenzy!

Post  ladydianab 7/26/2012, 9:17 pm

This poor guy still suffers from self esteem issues. He is so humble and thankful for where he is at right now. I hope that he stays that way. I think he is starting to realize that he is getting power and is developing a personal sense of it without developing a big head or ego.

Having said that I hope that he realizes that yes, Glee made him a start but it was his talent and drive that made him a rising star. I would hate to see him take whatever is thrown at him in Glee because of a sense of debt to the creators/writers etc...

I don't think that Chris's star is going to dim or go out any time soon. He is only going to get bigger and better. I just hope that the Glee creators will support him and let him spread his wings and fly; whatever that direction may be.
ladydianab
ladydianab
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 7/26/2012, 9:43 pm

Colfer told The Hollywood Reporter on Monday at TCA that he was overwhelmed by the outpouring of support he’s received from fans during his nationwide book tour. “I was really nervous no one was going to show up because I’ve never done anything just by my lonesome, I’ve always had my Glee stars with me on those things,” he said. “But it’s been fantastic and selling out some places. I couldn’t be happier.”

Chris hasn't realized how much is he loved by his fans? I've always thought he's one of the ones (or the one) who has the largest fandom and that fandom is just supporting him in this important moment.

Last edited by brisallie on 7/26/2012, 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/26/2012, 9:59 pm

chris knows damn well that his fan made a lot of things possible - that Kurt was made into a major character instead of being just a background figure; that he's back in S4 and have significant part in it; that his book sells so well and so many people came to his signings; that many came to his aid for filming the SBL home-coming scene; that many more went to see his movie in theaters; that he can be kept busy pursuing all these future projects knowing there will be a significant fanbase to support him.

Chris also knows that one day when many fans lose their fasination w/ him he would have to "retire" to some degree, so he's grateful that these fans are still sticking around and support whatever he is doing. This boy is smart and level-headed. He knows what he wants and how to get there. so far he's doing everything right. hope we will see more of him beyond Glee.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 7/26/2012, 11:52 pm

The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 9 Tumblr_m7ss72IH4L1qe476yo1_500The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 9 Tumblr_m7ss72IH4L1qe476yo2_500
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/27/2012, 12:50 am

The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 9 Tumblr_m7svdkB4wH1qg49w0o3_500

The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 9 Tumblr_m7svdkB4wH1qg49w0o1_1280
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/27/2012, 12:51 am

The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 9 Tumblr_m7svdkB4wH1qg49w0o4_400

The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 9 Tumblr_m7svdkB4wH1qg49w0o7_500
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/27/2012, 12:52 am

The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 9 Tumblr_m7ssvqoAOY1r183sxo1_500

The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 9 Tumblr_m7ssukAOzV1r183sxo1_500
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 7/27/2012, 1:11 am

fantastica wrote:chris knows damn well that his fan made a lot of things possible - that Kurt was made into a major character instead of being just a background figure; that he's back in S4 and have significant part in it; that his book sells so well and so many people came to his signings; that many came to his aid for filming the SBL home-coming scene; that many more went to see his movie in theaters; that he can be kept busy pursuing all these future projects knowing there will be a significant fanbase to support him.

Chris also knows that one day when many fans lose their fasination w/ him he would have to "retire" to some degree, so he's grateful that these fans are still sticking around and support whatever he is doing. This boy is smart and level-headed. He knows what he wants and how to get there. so far he's doing everything right. hope we will see more of him beyond Glee.

I agree 100%.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/27/2012, 1:30 am

^ I am waiting for the day when you say "I agree with 79.32% w/ the above post". fanny2
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/27/2012, 1:31 am

The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 9 Tumblr_m7sw52iZRn1qe476yo1_r1_500
The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 9 Tumblr_m7sw52iZRn1qe476yo2_500

awwww... chris made those poor fans cry! he must be really mean! Razz Razz Razz
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 7/27/2012, 2:02 am

[quote="fantastica"]^ I am waiting for the day when you say "I agree with 79.32% w/ the above post". fanny2 [/quote

Maybe someday fanny2
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 7/27/2012, 5:36 am

i heard his mom might have been there. if so, that must have been overwhelming, to see the love and admiration people have for her son. crycry
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 7/27/2012, 12:42 pm

More info about the B&N book signing:

1) Chris is a man who keep his word wub wub

The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 9 Tumblr_m7svpkRKZf1r6aglro1_400

These are the shoes that I decorated for Chris - remember the saddle oxfords I made for Spence that had the text on them? I made a “grown up” version for Chris and Spence and I gave them to him last week at the NYC LoS signing.

He said he’d wear them and he did.

Source

PS: Spence is the little boy dressed like Kurt last week. Here's a close-up pic of that shoe:

The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 9 Original

2) A group of people dressed up as TLOS characters Razz

Chris loved our group. He laughed so hard he cried and kept saying how much he loved us. We had a Conner, Alex, Fairy Godmother, Red and Goldie. They took pictures of us and if anyone else caught our moments with Chris, please message me.

Source

Here's Red & Goldie:

The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 9 Tumblr_m7t0wac2vO1qc5tzmo1_500

And here's Alex, Conner, and Fairy God Mother:
The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 9 Tumblr_m7t10tnBd21qc5tzmo1_500

Chris' reaction:

The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 9 Tumblr_m7t82xLRcB1qm2jpmo1_500
The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 9 Tumblr_m7t82xLRcB1qm2jpmo2_500

Source

3) Chris continues to be a Diet coke addict tonguue

The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 9 AyxxKSaCQAEEekU

Source

Boy, that's HUGE aa54

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 7/27/2012, 1:56 pm

You would think Diet Coke would hire him as a spokesperson, at least in print. It's not like their affair is unknown to the world. Brian's only real competition.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 7/27/2012, 3:01 pm

Some great pics of Chris.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 7/27/2012, 3:05 pm

fantastica wrote:[

awwww... chris made those poor fans cry! he must be really mean! Razz Razz Razz

Evil Chris Twisted Evil hahahaha

BlueJazz wrote:

1)The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 9 Original

2)Here's Red & Goldie:

The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 9 Tumblr_m7t0wac2vO1qc5tzmo1_500

And here's Alex, Conner, and Fairy God Mother:
The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 9 Tumblr_m7t10tnBd21qc5tzmo1_500

3) Chris continues to be a Diet coke addict tonguue

The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 9 AyxxKSaCQAEEekU

1) Those shoes are so pretty wub

2) Red looks as "extravagant" than the one from the book and Conner is posing like "Please Fairy God Mother keep away from me"

3) I thought it was a drink from Sturbucks at first because is the same glass, or not?

brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/27/2012, 4:02 pm

proof chris is indeed #1 (NYT best seller list):

The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 9 Tumblr_m7tx2huxaj1qauecro1_500
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/27/2012, 7:20 pm

The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 9 Tumblr_m7trv26GGj1r8mm7xo1_500

Me and Chris. I was just telling him we came from Mexico and this was his reaction Smile “Oh my god that’s wonderful, thank you so much!”

http://powerbottomblaine.tumblr.com/post/28128668187/me-and-chris-i-was-just-telling-him-we-came-from
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 7/27/2012, 8:47 pm

Chris keeping his promise of wearing those shoes (together with colour-matching shirt) warms my heart wub

Gosh, those cosplaying fans are so precious! I can see why Chris broke into lovely giggles at the sight. Razz

fantastica wrote:The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 9 Tumblr_m7trv26GGj1r8mm7xo1_500

Me and Chris. I was just telling him we came from Mexico and this was his reaction Smile “Oh my god that’s wonderful, thank you so much!”

http://powerbottomblaine.tumblr.com/post/28128668187/me-and-chris-i-was-just-telling-him-we-came-from

^I gather that Chris hadn't met his fans from Japan yet, if the thought of a fan from Mexico coming to his book signing surprised him so much.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 7/27/2012, 9:40 pm

fantastica wrote:The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 9 Tumblr_m7trv26GGj1r8mm7xo1_500

I understand that Chris is surprised because these fans came from another country to see him personally but Mexico is not that far from USA actually. But the effort is still appreciated it Razz
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/27/2012, 11:59 pm

Chris' part starts around 2:20.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/28/2012, 12:00 am

The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 9 Tumblr_m7ubpuSyri1qe476yo1_500

Glee’s Chris Colfer stopped by today to talk about his new book! Check out the interview tonight on E! News 7/11:30 PST
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 7/28/2012, 12:37 am

Chris Colfer's interview on E! News.

brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 7/28/2012, 12:48 am

fantastica wrote:proof chris is indeed #1 (NYT best seller list):

The Land of Stories Release Frenzy! - Page 9 Tumblr_m7tx2huxaj1qauecro1_500

crycry

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next