Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 3

+27
FunnyLady
bayth
fountain
Sani
Struckbycolfer
Divalicious
Vir Cotto
Eaton2011
Buenos
Glorfindel
arina
ladydianab
ChrisColferFan1
sjonnepon
msjoanlucette
Emile
ColferInspired
tanita_mors
valkeakuulas
Delight
Kurt Hummel
sahhar
fantastica
Jellyrolls
BlueJazz
Ireth
brisallie
31 posters

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 3 - Page 10 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 3

Post  ChrisColferFan1 7/19/2012, 9:53 am

Jellyrolls wrote:As we expected, sadly, there was no Emmy nomination for Chris this year :( It wound up being the four guys from Modern Family, Max Greenfield from New Girl, and Bill Hader from SNL.

I have to say that I'm sick of all of the Modern Family guys being nominated every year. The show had a weak season last year, and I didn't think they all deserved the nomination.

I was hoping Chris would get nominated :( Maybe,next year.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 3 - Page 10 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 3

Post  Jellyrolls 7/19/2012, 9:55 am

FanofChrisC&MaxA1 wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:As we expected, sadly, there was no Emmy nomination for Chris this year :( It wound up being the four guys from Modern Family, Max Greenfield from New Girl, and Bill Hader from SNL.

I have to say that I'm sick of all of the Modern Family guys being nominated every year. The show had a weak season last year, and I didn't think they all deserved the nomination.

I was hoping Chris would get nominated :( Maybe,next year.

Are you familiar with the Glee writers? Wink

Seriously though, it's too bad because I thought I Am A Unicorn would have been a good enough tape for him to have a real shot this year.

I'm shaking my head at Bill Hader, though. Everyone thought the guy from Parks & Rec (whose name is escaping me right now) would be nominated.

Dot Marie got nominated.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 7/19/2012, 9:59 am

I am glad that Dot got nominated. I wish both Max and espeically, Chris did too I also think Mike O' Mallary should of been nominated too.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 7/19/2012, 10:20 am

I just got a CNN breaking news update, and it said that American Horror Story got 17 nominations this year. So Ryan's new toy will be far more important to it then his old toy.

Again, the only good thing about Glee now is that it earns Chris a lot of money. I really hope they cancel it after seaon four so Chris can be free from it and work on his other stuff.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 7/19/2012, 10:24 am

I am big fan of Modern family but I agree that the last season wasn't that good and I dont think all the guys deserved nominations either.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 7/19/2012, 11:07 am

Bummer about Chris not getting nominated but hardly surprising.

Let's see Glee do spin over the huge drip off in Emmy nominations. 19 Emmy nominations 2 years ago and now this?? I know Dot (yah!) got a nomination but otherwise did they get a a couple of noms in technical categories? That is a hell of a drop.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/19/2012, 11:18 am

i think the only thing they care now about glee is that it continues to bring in money and maintain the ratings. the award thing is gone (congrats to Dot!) and RM/Brad is more invested in AHS now, which is bringing them the awards. They've moved on.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 7/19/2012, 11:28 am

True, still from 19 noms to 3 noms is a hell of a drop, even for the Glee PTB idiots to ignore.
Usually they rationalize all criticisms as the rantings of overly invested fans but this drop off is poetic justice. Modern Family (Granted overrated IMO) shows how to get Emmy buz and keep it, Glee pissed away all the Emmy buzz/goodwill they first had.

Of course RM will think he's still God with the 17 noms for American Horror Story.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 7/19/2012, 11:38 am

With the kind of writing Glee had, the show doesn't deserve any Emmy noms.

I just feel so annoyed at how they've wasted their good actors though (especially Chris!). The material had really let everyone down.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 7/19/2012, 12:03 pm

It's gotta be a record to go from 19 to 3 in 2 short years at the Emmy's. It's rather telling that the lack of Ryan and Brad is now more evident then ever. I mean their new show which I'm sure was in development stages when season 2 and 3 of Glee was being made scored big. It's obvious where all the creating energy and investment went. I feel they have been involved in Glee more because they have to then because they want to. They can't ran two shows successfully. One will suffer and it's Glee. The material has been just awful this year. Unimaginative, repetitive, half baked, lacked continuity and proper character development. This is the biggest and probably the last yellow light the show is going to get before a full stop red one comes on.

I'm glad Game of Thrones got great noms, but Lena Headey was totally snubbed. Her performance in the sedge episode (2.09 I think) was jaw dropping. I don't get the fanboying for The New Girl, but it's Fox's new comedy toy. Is Community ever going to get a nomination and how come Parks and Recs has 2 writing noms but no best comedy one Shocked Also, I don't get the Modern Family obsession. Personally, I can't stand Burell and O'Niell on my tv, Stonestreet is just OK. Ferguson is great though. That show REALLY doesn't deserve 4 nominations in a single category.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/19/2012, 12:11 pm

Buenos wrote:True, still from 19 noms to 3 noms is a hell of a drop, even for the Glee PTB idiots to ignore.

for those who don't like to do their own research, the other 2 noms are makeup and cinematography.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 7/19/2012, 2:39 pm

I was more or less expecting this unfortunately. The only reason he didn't get nominated was the absolute crapfest of a season Glee had in terms of writing and barely giving him anything to do.

I'm happy the show didn't get a nomination.

It's alright Chris, you'll win plenty of awards in the future for better things then Trollphy's garbage.

P.S - but on a slightly off-topic note. I love Modern Family and all, but it's getting really unfair that every single actor in that show fills all of the supporting acting slots. There are plenty of other actors out there who deserve it, if not Chris, then people like Nick Offerman from Parks and Rec, Simon Helberg from The Big Bang Theory etc. Seriously, Emmy awards, Modern Family is great, but it's not the only show in the world that's great, give Parks and Rec, CougarTown, The Middle, or Community a chance.

Off Topic Rant over Smile

Last edited by sahhar on 7/19/2012, 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/19/2012, 2:42 pm

Jane didn't get anything either. last year she even hosted the emmies. it's not that jane didn't did a good job this past season, but sue sylvester the character is dead.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 7/19/2012, 2:44 pm

Wouldn't it be nice if there were a little memo from the Fox people, just kind of pointing out that if Jane Lynch and Chris Colfer aren't getting nominated, they might want to investigate some of their arcs. I think they went overboard trying to get Lea a nom, not that she doesn't do a phenomenal job, but the lash back that Kurt has gotten in the past for even a third of this much focus was telling. I don't know why they thought they could give Rachel everything, comedy/drama and emotional scenes, prom queen, NYADA, and expect her to be nominated when every character suffered to get her there. But the laziness of the system is even more telling, when the same four guys just keep being nominated. I, personally, might want to withhold my name just to give others a chance, especially if I knew the writing wasn't deserving. Just like prom queen, a popularity contest, in the end, it is just handed to whom they decide. I think I like the Golden Globes better than the Emmy's.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 7/19/2012, 2:45 pm

fantastica wrote:Jane didn't get anything either. last year she even hosted the emmies. it's not that jane didn't did a good job this past season, but sue sylvester the character is dead.

Pretty much. Hey Kim where were the technical awards announced?, like editing and all?, the GoldDerby website didn't have those.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 7/19/2012, 2:48 pm

Divalicious wrote:Wouldn't it be nice if there were a little memo from the Fox people, just kind of pointing out that if Jane Lynch and Chris Colfer aren't getting nominated, they might want to investigate some of their arcs. I think they went overboard trying to get Lea a nom, not that she doesn't do a phenomenal job, but the lash back that Kurt has gotten in the past for even a third of this much focus was telling. I don't know why they thought they could give Rachel everything, comedy/drama and emotional scenes, prom queen, NYADA, and expect her to be nominated when every character suffered to get her there. But the laziness of the system is even more telling, when the same four guys just keep being nominated. I, personally, might want to withhold my name just to give others a chance, especially if I knew the writing wasn't deserving. Just like prom queen, a popularity contest, in the end, it is just handed to whom they decide. I think I like the Golden Globes better than the Emmy's.

I've always liked the Golden Globes better, even when it comes to film.

I'm glad Lea and Glee etc didn't get noms. Should be a wake up call to Trollphy and Co that nobody gives a shit about The Rachel Berry show and Glee in general.

I wish Matt Bomer had been nominated though. But that should also come as a wake up call that pointless storylines just for star power don't make an impression on anyone.

P.S and if they're any Big Bang Theory fans here, YAY for Mayim Bialik!!!!!

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/19/2012, 2:52 pm

^ I read it on ontd-glee. that's one of my go-to grab-the-news/story site.

commenting on Divalicious' "a little memo from the Fox people", I have read it already, and it said that since glee has lost its shine we should milk as much cash as possible from the show, by whatever gimmicks we can think of - jump the sharks, whales, turtles... you name it. It's still popular among the young viewers so let's tailor it more to their taste buds - more hot hunks, more top 5, and more cool celebrity guests. oh, when are we going to get Justin Bieber on teh show? or the last American Idol contestant who people still have a vague memory of?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 7/19/2012, 2:55 pm

I wish Matt Bomer had been nominated though.

He had a 'star' turn thrown to him by RM. Would have liked a nod for either Mike O'Malley or Max Adler, personally.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 7/19/2012, 2:57 pm

Buenos wrote:

I wish Matt Bomer had been nominated though.

He had a 'star' turn thrown to him by RM. Would have liked a nod for either Mike O'Malley or Max Adler, personally.

Yeah, then later in my post I added that it's better he didn't get nominated.

I would have preferred one for Max Adler too.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 7/19/2012, 2:58 pm

koukou
Personally, I think the show has gotten even better since Amy Farrah Fowler and Bernadette have joined the story. They are fantastic fit with both Peggy and the boys. Best comedy on air.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 7/19/2012, 3:05 pm

Max is too young and too unknown to have gotten a nom. In the guest category it's either a really big star or someone who has been long in the business and everyone how votes knows them and respects them. Dot was heavily praised for her acting this season, but I hate the storyline she got a nom for. Now all they are going to write are sob stories and drama (well, more then usual). For Boomer, I'm surprised he was snubbed. He is relatively well known, it was a very comedic and rather memorable performance, and he just came out publicly which always draws attention. Mike O'Mally was bearly in the show this year and it was for a scene or two per episode at best. Not enough material.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 7/19/2012, 3:11 pm

Also, I don't get the Modern Family obsession. Personally, I can't stand Burell and O'Niell on my tv, Stonestreet is just OK. Ferguson is great though. That show REALLY doesn't deserve 4 nominations in a single category

Emmys will cotinue to nominate some shows out of habit if they at least maintain some standard to norm,
Glee failed even in that.

19 to 12 to 3.....is there a trend here???
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 7/19/2012, 3:18 pm

tanita_mors wrote:
koukou
Personally, I think the show has gotten even better since Amy Farrah Fowler and Bernadette have joined the story. They are fantastic fit with both Peggy and the boys. Best comedy on air.

I agree completely Smile

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 7/19/2012, 3:19 pm

OH I knew that Max Adler probably wasn't going to get nominated ..too long of odds, but it would have been nice to have seen the all the Max Adler/Karofsky haters go crazy ptdr

Those idiots who think Karofsky is such a trigger loath everything about Max and even bash that he tries to pump all the media attention from the Karofsky role. Geeze, it's what actors do, promote and pump their work.

As to Matt, if he would have been nominated, all the Darren stanner would have been "it's because Darren had such fantastic chemstry with him..it's all Darren!! panik
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/19/2012, 3:24 pm

at least nobody woke chris up from his deep Lunesta sleep this year. He deserves good rest after all this touring and show appearances.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next