Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Struck by Lightning Main thread

+53
mae55
MoviesAreLife
opals
kac
bayth
M&M
coxfire
Catt24
msjoanlucette
Ranwing
MissSoniaPP
sheny
Piciollina
tamara04
Adamina
ladydianab
FunnyLady
Eaton2011
zuppid
Sani
ChrisColferFan1
BlueJazz
CCfan93
Heyerchick
Esme
Buenos
E-ko
valkeakuulas
fountain
paulopf
Divalicious
Glorfindel
mellama
sahhar
Ireth
Kurt Hummel
red texta
Emile
sjonnepon
Delight
Sminky
ColferInspired
arina
Coolbeans3131
ry_kurtsie
tanita_mors
brisallie
ColferGirl
Shinra17
dap1217
Struck by Lightning
Jellyrolls
fantastica
57 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Struck by Lightning Main thread - Page 38 Empty Re: Struck by Lightning Main thread

Post  MoviesAreLife 5/31/2013, 10:05 pm

ColferInspired wrote:
Struck by Lightning to screen at the Edinburgh International Film Festival
edfilmfest.org.uk
Struck by Lightning will screen at the Edinburgh International Film Festival 2013 on June 28 and June 30. Tickets go on sale June 3. More info here.

Wow, the demand for this movie is growing and growing. ohmy

This is wonderful news. bounce

Wonderful!

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Struck by Lightning Main thread - Page 38 Empty Re: Struck by Lightning Main thread

Post  Glorfindel 6/1/2013, 7:01 am

Now that SBL is available on Netflix I really like seeing tumblr people who are not strictly Chris fans show up on his tumblr tag with posts saying how they liked the movie. (and a lot of them say that they cried, lol) neutre
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 6/1/2013, 7:50 am

STRUCK BY LIGHTNING'S GONNA BE ON THE HUNGARIAN HBO TONIGHT OMG Smile
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 6/1/2013, 4:21 pm

Glorfindel wrote:Now that SBL is available on Netflix I really like seeing tumblr people who are not strictly Chris fans show up on his tumblr tag with posts saying how they liked the movie. (and a lot of them say that they cried, lol) neutre

I know! It really shows that Chris is talented and not just some "God" to the Glee fans.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 6/1/2013, 4:32 pm

It is scheduled for Czech HBO too. Smile
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 6/1/2013, 4:39 pm

Georgette888 wrote:It is scheduled for Czech HBO too. Smile
Cannot believe it. bounce
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 6/1/2013, 4:44 pm

Also Polish. Just check CCN for details and also maybe check HBO wherever you live. lol
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 6/1/2013, 9:42 pm

SBL on HBO in several European countries:

Struck by Lightning Main thread - Page 38 Tumblr_mnqoqaKPx41sqan09o1_500
x

SBL is most popular on Netflix:

Struck by Lightning Main thread - Page 38 Tumblr_mnqomqTjVE1qltpxko1_250
x

neutre
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 6/1/2013, 10:42 pm

SBL almost represents the digital age of film. Gone are the days of big Hollywood premiers and releases. SBL is the future.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 6/1/2013, 11:10 pm

The more places this movie gets to be seen, the more fans Chris and others of the cast could get.

I wonder if ones in Hollywood are following the progress of this film?

Chris really does have a worldwide fanbase. Smile
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 6/3/2013, 4:13 pm

SBL has made a tidy profit, so it will be interesting to see how this affects getting Chris' next film off the ground and into actual production, (I'm hoping for the winter hiatus)
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 6/4/2013, 11:01 am

Buenos wrote:SBL has made a tidy profit, so it will be interesting to see how this affects getting Chris' next film off the ground and into actual production, (I'm hoping for the winter hiatus)

And now that there is going to be a HUGE break during the winter, along with a possibly Kurt-lite first half of S5 ( :angry: ) , Chris will have plenty of time to film his movie.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 6/4/2013, 11:07 am

Buenos wrote:SBL has made a tidy profit, so it will be interesting to see how this affects getting Chris' next film off the ground and into actual production, (I'm hoping for the winter hiatus)

Do we know how much profit SBL actually made? The gross earnings in the US listed on IMDB had a figure less than $30,000. I assume this is a figure that hadn't taken into account the earnings made from the digital distribution of the film.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 6/4/2013, 11:11 am

Delight wrote:

Do we know how much profit SBL actually made? The gross earnings in the US listed on IMDB had a figure less than $30,000. I assume this is a figure that hadn't taken into account the earnings made from the digital distribution of the film.

I assume that also. Surely, it's got to be more than that...as long as the film makes about one million back, then it will break even. I'm not sure where the exact, recent profit stands though.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 6/4/2013, 2:50 pm

I once read an article that the movie didn't earn a lot in cinema (30.000 Dollar sounds about right) but made a very decent profit for video-in-demand distribution. Overall SBL used a very unique distribution deal and it paid off. It was a smart deal, as a limited release never would have provided the profit and received through VOD. Chris may have paved the way once again for other indie movies to chose this way of distribution and changing HW a bit.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 6/4/2013, 4:39 pm

I think I read somewhere that SBL earned its production costs back and even made a fair profit. Don't remember where though. unsure
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 6/4/2013, 5:40 pm

Wasn't SBL popular on On Demand, one of the most popular Redbox releases, popular on ITunes and so on? That should translate into profit right there, despite the limited theatrical release. SBL is the first of its kind taking the digital approach. Well, probably not the first of its kind, but the first that I can remember giving a crap about. Smile (Well, there is this one indie film having trouble right now getting an actual release because it's so odd. I wonder if it'll ever be seen by more than a few thousand people?)

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 6/5/2013, 12:19 am

With VOD SBL made over a million dollars in it's first week.

Someone to do with the movie said that. I think it might have been Brian.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 6/5/2013, 6:04 am

I saw this pic in the tumblr chris colfer tag and I just melted.....I mean.....*guh*. aa54

Struck by Lightning Main thread - Page 38 Tumblr_mnsaggAfUo1qlqqbno1_500
x
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 6/5/2013, 11:17 am

That picture is so cute. They actually look like they could be related.

If that's the case (SBL made one million on its first week on VOD) then it already made back its money, and then some.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 6/5/2013, 11:26 am

Glorfindel wrote:I saw this pic in the tumblr chris colfer tag and I just melted.....I mean.....*guh*. aa54

Struck by Lightning Main thread - Page 38 Tumblr_mnsaggAfUo1qlqqbno1_500
x

I've always found it amusing how Chris ended up being really close to both Ashley, Dot-Marie, and Dianna, but he's never actually had any scenes with them really. Except one or 2 with Dianna. Oh, irony. Razz
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 6/5/2013, 11:30 am

Is he close with Dianna? That's sweet. She is a lovely woman.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 6/6/2013, 4:18 am

MoviesAreLife wrote:Is he close with Dianna? That's sweet. She is a lovely woman.

Yes, some great gifs on tumblr exist documenting their friendship.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 6/6/2013, 2:48 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:Is he close with Dianna? That's sweet. She is a lovely woman.

Yes, some great gifs on tumblr exist documenting their friendship.

I remember seeing this cute gif of them as Kurt and Quinn doing this really random thing in the back of the choir room.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 6/6/2013, 3:41 pm

Yeah, she also kisses Chris check when he wins the Golden Globe. That moment is just so great, because she is so happy and he is just shocked!
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next