Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Struck by Lightning Main thread

+53
mae55
MoviesAreLife
opals
kac
bayth
M&M
coxfire
Catt24
msjoanlucette
Ranwing
MissSoniaPP
sheny
Piciollina
tamara04
Adamina
ladydianab
FunnyLady
Eaton2011
zuppid
Sani
ChrisColferFan1
BlueJazz
CCfan93
Heyerchick
Esme
Buenos
E-ko
valkeakuulas
fountain
paulopf
Divalicious
Glorfindel
mellama
sahhar
Ireth
Kurt Hummel
red texta
Emile
sjonnepon
Delight
Sminky
ColferInspired
arina
Coolbeans3131
ry_kurtsie
tanita_mors
brisallie
ColferGirl
Shinra17
dap1217
Struck by Lightning
Jellyrolls
fantastica
57 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Struck by Lightning Main thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Struck by Lightning Main thread

Post  tanita_mors 5/18/2012, 6:33 am

They could be going in for the award season. Most of the movies that end up nominated for Oscars, are released in the last months of the year or till February. Maybe they really think AJ has a shot at a nom for SBL.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Struck by Lightning Main thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Struck by Lightning Main thread

Post  arina 5/18/2012, 8:12 am

arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 5/18/2012, 8:39 am

^^^From the photo:
Struck by Lightning Main thread - Page 20 Tumblr_m47t8lF5fn1qms89t

The guy is Italian, and the Giffoni FilmFestival is an Italian film exibition/review for young people!!!
In the tweet he said that the film is good, hilarious, emotional and a worth seeing. I'm glad they liked it! :DDD
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 5/18/2012, 10:47 am

arina wrote:Struck by Lightning Main thread - Page 20 Tumblr_m47tb1t8VY1r1i5owo1_500

Is that the official movie poster for SBL? It looks kinda official...
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 5/18/2012, 12:33 pm

^Mh, probably... If it is, it's not so bad.
Chris seems to have a prominent chin, but maybe it's the angle.

Struck by Lightning Main thread - Page 20 Tumblr_m47x6wrFDy1r1i5owo1_500

Struck by Lightning Main thread - Page 20 Tumblr_m47xmdB5CI1rtvgvso1_500
(^Struck by Lighting is surprising -/in a 'fantastic' way-. Was wrote by the young Colfer, and it's a very mature film: funny and emotional in a never banal way. Nice.)
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 5/18/2012, 2:10 pm

Meh. I just want the best for Chris so I'm just going to be brutally honest here. The poster is too been-there-seen-that. It makes it look like any other run of the mill teen comedy, which SBL is not.

I really hope the marketing team puts more effort into the promotional posters. They have to catch the audience's attention.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/18/2012, 11:20 pm

sahhar wrote:Meh. I just want the best for Chris so I'm just going to be brutally honest here. The poster is too been-there-seen-that. It makes it look like any other run of the mill teen comedy, which SBL is not.

I really hope the marketing team puts more effort into the promotional posters. They have to catch the audience's attention.

I don't like it either.

It is not a typical teen movie. And that poster makes it look like it is about the teens, when the film is about mainly Carson and his family.

The poster should show Alison Janney as she is a big part of the movie, not the kids.

This film is more than a teen movie, it is a lot darker.

The fan ones were a lot better.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 5/19/2012, 3:29 am

ColferInspired wrote:
sahhar wrote:Meh. I just want the best for Chris so I'm just going to be brutally honest here. The poster is too been-there-seen-that. It makes it look like any other run of the mill teen comedy, which SBL is not.

I don't like it either.

It is not a typical teen movie. And that poster makes it look like it is about the teens, when the film is about mainly Carson and his family.

The poster should show Alison Janney as she is a big part of the movie, not the kids.

I hope they come up with better ones soon.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 5/19/2012, 3:33 am

I agree that the poster makes it kind of look like a typical teenage movie. And I can't say it would be the best Chris's picture either.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 5/19/2012, 3:42 am

I wonder why they didn't keep the original... whatchamacallit... tag?

'A personal raincloud can be deadly', or something like that.

I suppose this movie poster (if it is, indeed, the official movie poster) doesn't look too bad, but I was hoping for something a little more creative, and a little more different. Something that would do the movie more justice...
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 5/19/2012, 4:58 am

IMO is not so bad, but most of you have pointed out how it looks like a typical teens movie, and probably is what they wanted. saispa
I mean, I had this impression too, and I guess is because they want to make it look like this for the market, even if the film is probably more than that.
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/19/2012, 5:41 am

i liek the new tagline. the artwork itself is nothing to rave about.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 5/19/2012, 7:28 am

fantastica wrote:i liek the new tagline. the artwork itself is nothing to rave about.

I really like the new tagline too. The poster itself is quite nice, but not unique. I would have loved to see Allison and Christina on it.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 5/19/2012, 7:34 am

ColferInspired wrote:

I don't like it either.

Despite the movie being all of the above, it is still really a teen movie so they are trying to appeal to the audience who will be most likely to go see it.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 5/24/2012, 4:48 pm

Struck by Lightning is playing at the Provincetown International Film Festival in June under the narrative features category. The Provincetown International Film Festival will take place in Provincetown, Massachusetts from June 13th - June 17th.

Dates and times:

- 5 p.m. Thursday, June 14
- 12 p.m. Sunday, June 17

The Provincetown International Film Festival takes place in Provincetown, Massachusetts, from June 13-17. Apparently there will be some tribute to Allison Janney during it, but I don’t know the details about that. The film description for the festival says she’s a 2012 PIFF Excellence in Acting Honoree.

Description: After being struck and killed by lightning, a young man (“Glee’s” Chris Colfer) recounts the way he blackmailed his fellow classmates into contributing to his literary magazine. With 2012 PIFF Excellence in Acting Honoree Allison Janney, Christina Hendricks (“Mad Men”), and Sarah Hyland (“Modern Family”).

[Full Schedule > Here.]

Tickets go on sale on May 20. Festival passes are on sale now.

-----
X

Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/24/2012, 5:35 pm

Jellyfish is closest to that location. she can see it again. lucky girl.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 5/24/2012, 6:14 pm

I've never heard of that film festival before. I wish they would announce the domestic distributors for the film already. Post the Glee-finale debacle I now need to see SBL more than ever.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/24/2012, 6:35 pm

chris did say "november" when asked by a fan. so either they don't want to announce yet or they have yet to sign the "x".
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 5/24/2012, 7:23 pm

Sigh. Hope they tell us soon.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 5/24/2012, 8:03 pm

sahhar wrote:I've never heard of that film festival before. I wish they would announce the domestic distributors for the film already. Post the Glee-finale debacle I now need to see SBL more than ever.

I live a couple hours from Provincetown, and I have never heard of this one. Here is some information on it from wiki:

The Provincetown International Film Festival, held each June, honors the best in independent and avante garde film. Among the honorees for 2011 were actress Vera Farmiga and director Darren Aronofsky. Prior honorees have included Quentin Tarantino, Jane Lynch, Gael GarcĂ­a Bernal, Tilda Swinton, Kathleen Turner, Jim Jarmusch, Todd Haynes, Gus Van Sant, and John Waters. Waters, a summer resident, is a major participant in the festival.

Provincetown is known as a major gay and lesbian hotspot on Cape Cod. I looked at the website, and it's not a gay and lesbian festival, but there is a focus on it, so that could be why it appealed to Chris and Brian.

I doubt I will take the trip to see it. It's a long trip, and the traffic to the Cape is horrible on weekends. And the ferrry there is ridiculously expensive.

At the New Yorker Festival, Chris said he was hoping it would be out around that time this year (which would put it in early October). I wonder if they are putting it off so they can get it in some of the other big festivals (perhaps Toronto and/or Boston, which are both in September).
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/24/2012, 9:46 pm

^ do these festivals require you to be first public screenings (what they called "world premier"?) I know sundance defintely does. since SBL is already premiered, it may not be able to go into every one of those big film festivals.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 5/24/2012, 10:20 pm

I don't know the rules of any of the festivals, but I did look up the two that I suggested above, and it would not be eligible for either of them if I read the submission rules correctly. The Toronto one says that the film can not be publically telecast or on the internet before Sept, and the Boston one (which is a non-competition) requires that films not have been shown in New England, so the Provincetown festival will make it ineligible.

I would have thought they would be submitting it to more festivals, or at least get it out on the west coast too, but the San Franciso FF is past (it was around the same time as Tribeca), it's not on the LA one or Seattle (not that I know if it's eligible for any of them).
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 5/24/2012, 11:23 pm

Brian Dannelly just tweeted that poster that we saw recently. Looks like they're going with that one for the official look. Ugh.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 5/25/2012, 1:07 am

I don't like that poster either, some ot fan's work was much better.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 5/25/2012, 2:06 am

It also seems very airbrushed to me, anybody else feel that way?.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next