Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Struck by Lightning Main thread

+53
mae55
MoviesAreLife
opals
kac
bayth
M&M
coxfire
Catt24
msjoanlucette
Ranwing
MissSoniaPP
sheny
Piciollina
tamara04
Adamina
ladydianab
FunnyLady
Eaton2011
zuppid
Sani
ChrisColferFan1
BlueJazz
CCfan93
Heyerchick
Esme
Buenos
E-ko
valkeakuulas
fountain
paulopf
Divalicious
Glorfindel
mellama
sahhar
Ireth
Kurt Hummel
red texta
Emile
sjonnepon
Delight
Sminky
ColferInspired
arina
Coolbeans3131
ry_kurtsie
tanita_mors
brisallie
ColferGirl
Shinra17
dap1217
Struck by Lightning
Jellyrolls
fantastica
57 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Struck by Lightning Main thread - Page 22 Empty Re: Struck by Lightning Main thread

Post  Emile 6/12/2012, 3:03 pm

^Indeed. Plus Dianna will be there (and I read they wanted Darren Criss too), so sure the advertising will be based on Glee.

About the photo, yeah, I really don't know why they used that picture. But I think that was a old - very old - photoshoot of Chris.
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Struck by Lightning Main thread - Page 22 Empty Re: Struck by Lightning Main thread

Post  Glorfindel 6/12/2012, 3:31 pm

Emile wrote:About the photo, yeah, I really don't know why they used that picture. But I think that was a old - very old - photoshoot of Chris.
It's from his 'Pinocchio in a gay bar' photoshoot, and yes, that's old, and also so not like Carson.
People who expect to see a Kurt-like character in SBL are going to get a nice shock. Razz
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fountain 6/14/2012, 11:25 am

SBL gets another screening today. Who's excited?

fountain
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/14/2012, 11:32 am

another around of review perhaps?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 6/14/2012, 2:39 pm

valkeakuulas wrote:^What is with that picture though? Kurt Hummel in the middle of Struck by Lightning, and I'm assuming Chris the "Glee-actor" advertising is full on? Gleeffoni, does it translate? I'm assuming we will get a lot of Glee references in promotion for all the festivals.

It's actually a fan made poster someone made AGES ago even before filming started. I used to see it floating around Tumblr at one time. Can't believe they used a fan made poster Rolling Eyes .

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 6/14/2012, 2:41 pm

fountain wrote:SBL gets another screening today. Who's excited?

Me! But, selfish that I am, I'll be even more excited when I get to see it! When do I get to see it? :angry: :angry: :angry:
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 6/14/2012, 3:33 pm

I didn't even know there was a SBL screening today Embarassed .

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 6/14/2012, 4:02 pm

^Lol. I didn't know either, but since I found out, I'm excited!
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 6/14/2012, 4:57 pm

I wish I could see it already!, this wait is torturous crycry .

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/14/2012, 5:34 pm

^ why are you crying hon? you will get hte book in about a month. you are in the States. think about Paulo and others who can't get it as soon as it's release.

think about all these miserable fools so you can feel better. Twisted Evil
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 6/14/2012, 6:11 pm

fantastica wrote:^ why are you crying hon? you will get hte book in about a month. you are in the States. think about Paulo and others who can't get it as soon as it's release.

think about all these miserable fools so you can feel better. Twisted Evil

Laughing Kim. I'll be traveling overseas in July, so I prob won't get the book on time :(. I heard SBL was coming in December now right?. Sigh, it's ok, I can do this.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 6/18/2012, 3:54 am

Struck By Lightning Q&A with Brian Dannelly at Provincetown International Film Festival.

Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 6/18/2012, 7:32 am

^^Some of the highlights of the Q&A:

- He said that the film cost $1M to make.
- Shooting was completed in 26 days.
- A lot of the lines were improvised by actors during filming.
- He confirmed that the film is scheduled for a December 2012 release (as reported last week in Showbiz411).
- He said there would be an announcement about distribution sometime next week.
X

Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 6/18/2012, 8:35 am

Emile wrote:^^Some of the highlights of the Q&A:

- He said that the film cost $1M to make.
- Shooting was completed in 26 days.
- A lot of the lines were improvised by actors during filming.
- He confirmed that the film is scheduled for a December 2012 release (as reported last week in Showbiz411).
- He said there would be an announcement about distribution sometime next week.
X

Is the film still being shown at the Cannes market?

Or aren't they looking for an international distributor now as they seem to already have one?
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 6/18/2012, 8:45 am

^Nono, the Q&A is from a screening of the movie at the Provincetown Film Festival.

And I assume the event at the Cannes Festival (which is finished for a while now) went well, because, as he said, they are going to announce about distribution "sometime next week". We'll see!
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 6/18/2012, 9:17 am

Emile wrote:^Nono, the Q&A is from a screening of the movie at the Provincetown Film Festival.

And I assume the event at the Cannes Festival (which is finished for a while now) went well, because, as he said, they are going to announce about distribution "sometime next week". We'll see!

Oh yeah, I forgot about that bit during that video. Struck by Lightning Main thread - Page 22 1277631452

I hope this means I will be seeing this movie sometime next year, because that would be awesome. I have not been more excited to see a movie in years.

Granted there is a couple of movies I want to see but I can wait until they come on DVD and Blue Ray. SBL I want to see on the big screen, then get the video months later.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 6/18/2012, 9:48 am

ColferInspired wrote:I hope this means I will be seeing this movie sometime next year, because that would be awesome. I have not been more excited to see a movie in years.
Yah, they said it will be released at Dicember (and there were that rumor going around the web about the 'five markets' distribution that wasn't clear), but apart from that I hope the distribution announcement will be something more specific than what we heard until now.
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 6/18/2012, 12:41 pm

Yay, I'm happy we finally have an official confirmation about December!! Smile So excited!

Here's hoping it'll be a wider release than just five cities, though. I've waited this long, so waiting until January 2013 won't kill me, but I'd really really like Struck by Lightning to be released near where I live in December (so I can spend my entire Christmas break going to see it every day and dragging everyone I know to go see it with me, against their will or not tonguue ).

But SBL will probably go the route that the film Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close did last year. I remember it had a select city run in December, then opened to much wider audiences in January. It also was nominated for Best Picture at the Academy Awards, so I'd be pretty ecstatic if SBL followed in its footsteps in that way, despite the extra wait. Smile
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 6/18/2012, 3:55 pm

I'm just going to pretend to be calm about it releasing in December, when in actually I'm crycry because of the long wait.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 6/18/2012, 6:57 pm

- Tribeca Enterprises in talks for Chris Colfer’s ‘Lightning’ -
Rights acquisition comes two months after premiere at Tribeca Fest
Tribeca Enterprises is in final negotiations for U.S. rights to Chris Colfer’s “Struck by Lightning,” two months after the coming-of-age comedy premiered at the Tribeca Film Festival.

Tribeca is planning a simulataneous release late this year for theatrical, VOD and other digital platforms.

“Lightning” was shot last summer with Brian Dannelly directing from Colfer’s script. Supporting cast includes Christina Hendricks, Dermot Mulroney, Rebel Wilson, Allison Janney and Sarah Hyland.

Story is told in flashback from the perspective of Colfer’s character after he is struck and killed by lightning in the opening scene of the film. The pic chronicles his exploits as he blackmails his fellow high school classmates into contributing to a literary magazine he’s publishing.

David Permut produced “Lightning” alongside Rob Aguire and Mia Chang. Colfer and his manager Glenn Rigberg exec produce with Jason Michael Berman and Lawrence Kopeikin.
X

Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/18/2012, 7:11 pm

i am not sure about this "simultaneous" release in various media, because they can negatively affect the theatrical box office numbers, unless they are only planning small scale releases.

on the other hand I am glad that this tiny budgetted movie will reach a lot of audiences after all. It's a big feat for very young man as an entry into the movie making business. It's a good start.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 6/18/2012, 7:14 pm

fantastica wrote:i am not sure about this "simultaneous" release in various media, because they can negatively affect the theatrical box office numbers, unless they are only planning small scale releases.

on the other hand I am glad that this tiny budgetted movie will reach a lot of audiences after all. It's a big feat for very young man as an entry into the movie making business. It's a good start.

That's what I was thinking too. I hope they think it through well. I really hope as many people as possible can watch it in the theaters for the film to recover it's budget (thankfully, the budget is only $1, so that's good). Releasing it LATER on other platforms would be good too. I just hope Tribeca Films promote the film extensively. Anybody know other films they've acquired in the past and their promotional strategies?.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/18/2012, 7:15 pm

^ sweetie, the budget was a lot more than $1. Razz Razz Razz

Tribecca Film were mostly in the digital distribution biz. the problem is film streaming etc. doesn't bring in much income. they should always try theater first. nobody is going to the movie theater if they can watch it in their own home, even if it costs the same.

but I will refrain from saying more because I really don't know the nature and details of their negotiations.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 6/18/2012, 8:01 pm

fantastica wrote:^ sweetie, the budget was a lot more than $1. Razz Razz Razz

Tribecca Film were mostly in the digital distribution biz. the problem is film streaming etc. doesn't bring in much income. they should always try theater first. nobody is going to the movie theater if they can watch it in their own home, even if it costs the same.

but I will refrain from saying more because I really don't know the nature and details of their negotiations.

ptdr I meant 1 million. I really hope they don't start streaming it online at the same time as it's release. I guess we'll just have to wait for more information on this deal.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 6/19/2012, 10:18 pm

Struck by Lightning Main thread - Page 22 Tumblr_m5vpmiLG2w1qeure0o1_500

Struck by Lightning Main thread - Page 22 Tumblr_m5vpmiLG2w1qeure0o2_r2_500
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next