Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3x15 "Big Brother" Watch & Discussion thread

+16
Ireth
Glorfindel
tanita_mors
Emile
arina
CloveGlee
ColferGirl
kac
ColferInspired
sahhar
brisallie
paulopf
M&M
Jellyrolls
fantastica
Shinra17
20 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

3x15 "Big Brother" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Empty Re: 3x15 "Big Brother" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  fantastica 4/11/2012, 1:04 am

^ kurt doen't need a man. he is a man himself. Razz

I dont think murphy wants to split up klaine. i think he only wants to split them up to have relationship dramas (like Finchel last year). the practical thing is gays are supposed to be a "minority". glee is already "too gay" and if they split klaine up and repair them, that means they need 2 other gay guys and that's probably too much for Fox to swallow. There's probably a secret "quota" at Fox in terms of how many main gay characters a show can have. murphy himself said for every gay couple he writes he has to write 9 straight couples. so for that reason alone they will probably have to keep klaine for a long time.

btw did anybody laugh when Sue said "ladies and gays,"? I thought it was really cute.

fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

3x15 "Big Brother" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Empty Re: 3x15 "Big Brother" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  ColferInspired 4/11/2012, 1:07 am

Blarren stans have been harping on that this episode would be development and I argued with one that all it would be is about sibling rivalry, how that isn't anything new as it isn't real development, but a story that has been done to death in television for decades. I would love to go on tumblr and brag, but that is beneath me.

This is just lazy writing and to shut up the Blarren stans.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  kac 4/11/2012, 1:10 am

Well that was a bland plot, I never really connected with Blaine and his brother and it ended too simply and perfectly and blandly.

Kurt is adorable though.
kac
kac
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 4/11/2012, 1:14 am

Just saw the episode.

I liked it, but it wasn't super great or anything. Mainly I liked it because Kurt was so precious the entire time. He was the absolute cutest. wub wub wub

3x15 "Big Brother" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_m2al2jzw4A1qfoe0po1_500
How could I *not* like the episode if it gave me this adorable pout from that presh puppy plushie scene?!!!

I also thought Kurt's fanboying toward the beginning was super cute, smitten kitten indeed. I liked the Six Flags scenes on the rollercoaster too, and he and the other seniors brainstorming for senior skip day. He just seemed really happy and lighthearted for most of the episode, and that rarely seems to happen for him, so I was really pleased about that. I love seeing sweet Kurt be happy for once. wub

(Although, I'm still waiting, RIB, for someone - ANYONE - on this show BESIDES BURT to treat Kurt with the same sweetness and support and consideration that Kurt just did for Blaine in that puppy scene, or as Kurt has done with Rachel in the car scene at the beginning of this season, or his talk with Finn in the gym encouraging him to live his own dreams. When will someone ever do something like this for Kurt, be there for him and be sweet and tell him he's wonderful/beautiful? :( )

I loved the Quinn and Artie scenes. I think their friendship is very cute and has lots of potential, I enjoyed all of their interaction quite a lot. If Quinn regains her ability to walk, I hope she'll stay Artie's close friend after all this. I really liked both of their duets, too, my favorite songs of the episode.

I did think it was cheap, a sort of cop out, that this episode started like - two months after the last one. RIB took out all of the dramatic aftermath of her crash, and also found a convenient excuse to gloss over more depth for Karofsky's suicide storyline by doing this. After such a cliffhanger, it felt really abrupt and lazy and ruined any deep emotions I might have felt for Quinn and the others if we'd actually been able to see her in the hospital, or see Finchel call off their wedding (wow, a plotline of 6 episodes ended with one sentence at the beginning of this episode.... dryy )

I don't really care much for Sue anymore - her storylines usually just make me feel indifferent - but I do like that she's helping the Glee Club, and how her beloved Porcelain stills seems to be her favorite. The hug with Becky was sweet, too.

COOPER WAS HILARIOUS!!! I love him!! His acting class was priceless, and he was a bit of a jerk at times but he was funny and didn't seem truly cruel or ill-intentioned.

As for Blaine.....I still feel as lost about him as I have from before the episode. I was hoping there'd be more to his angst with Cooper than just sibling rivalry, or a sibling telling you that you're terrible/awful/sucky/untalented, etc. I have two older siblings, one is just as many years older than me as Cooper is to Blaine, and they've criticized me before, and I them. My sister chucked a water glass at my face, while in a public restaurant over an argument about Harry Potter, and I've left a scar on her hand from when I scratched her deep during another of our fights, and more for goodness sake. But we've gotten over it, and we still love each other. And my much older sibling and I, we're not very close and it's a little sad, but it's not traumatic or anything.

So I can't really relate to Blaine at all on this. Based on his songs, he seems really tormented about Cooper criticizing him all his life (and being a "stranger" now, based on the final song), but I don't see how either of those things warrant such emotional songs. Even if Blaine was very, very close to his brother and that's why it affects him deeply, the show didn't give me enough proof of that super close, important relationship for me to believe it or connect with it. It just felt super melodramatic and overblown, and I'm left where I started; with no Blaine development and no better grasp of him. Especially since, as Paulo and Kim pointed out, you can be scarred and have insecurity issues if someone you love treats you critically all the time; but Blaine's usually glowing with confidence, especially in season 2. He's always performed with 100% confidence, and that's mainly what Cooper criticized him on, was singing and performing and acting. And besides his completely random "bashful schoolboy" moments throughout season 3, which irritate me in general, he always seems rather confident. So I don't get it on that level either.

All this episode taught me is that Blaine hates criticism, Blaine does *not* feel threatened by Kurt thinking other guys are hot (or maybe he's indifferent because he knows it's a fanboy crush), and when Blaine's upset his response is to get ticked off about it. Oh, and that he has a brother at all. Yay. suure

So yeah, on the Blaine plotline front I'm disappointed. Also, I second whomever said that they didn't like Cooper shading Kurt on Blaine's horrible fashion sense. That annoyed me too. Kurt has *nothing* to do with Blaine's clothing monstrosities, thank you very much. The only blight on Cooper's otherwise flawless character. tonguue

Anyway.....back to grinning over how precious Kurt was!!! wub

3x15 "Big Brother" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_m2aofjA8ft1qk7rkto1_500

Also - @paulopf = Hi Paulo!!! Welcome to the CCFF!!! Smile

Last edited by ColferGirl on 4/11/2012, 2:12 am; edited 1 time in total
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 4/11/2012, 2:08 am

Kurt was so adorable in that puppy scene I. just. can't wub . Chris really deserves so much better in terms of writing. This show Rolling Eyes

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  CloveGlee 4/11/2012, 3:14 am

Hey, guys. Just letting you all know that I am going to be posting my episode recaps on my blog from now on. Go to http://recappersdelight.blogspot.com/. It's not finished yet. These things always take three days to write.

CloveGlee
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://recappersdelight.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/11/2012, 3:16 am

3x15 "Big Brother" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_m2anldczLx1qzzzloo1_500

kurt is so much bigger than blaine! they are definitely shrinking blaine now, not just age but size wise.

Claire, looking forward to read your recaps! should be more interesting than this mediocre episode.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 4/11/2012, 3:25 am

^ this lack of chemistry though... I would have never guessed there are boyfriends if I didn't know Glee. Blaine: you don't need to turn slightly your body as if you want to avoid any physical contact when you're next to your bf!
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 4/11/2012, 4:42 am

I've just seen it as well. Again I have to wait for subtitles to understand everything but for now I think it was good episode, not great but good.

I really enjoyed Quartie, I am still standing is by far my favorite song it the episode, I can't get it out of my head :-D I like these two together, I hope they will continue with their friendship.

I liked Sue in this episode.

Although I prefer bitchy Kurt to cute and sweet Kurt, the scene with the dog was flawless and loved the line about Finn as well.

Matt Bomer was awesome, not just looking awesome, but I enjoyed his perfomance, the character he was given... But the brothers drama did not move me, it was not written the best and the Blaine songs didn't seem very natural to their situation.

They should stop dressing Blaine like this, Kurt's clothes are kind of ridiculous from the begining, it suit him and except for few exceptions I can imagine that someone like him would were this flamboyant clothes, Blaine clothing is horrible and it makes him look like a caricature.. well I think it even makes the couple makes look caricature sometimes.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 4/11/2012, 6:01 am

Okay, I've just seen the episode, and I don't really know what to think. mince

I saw it without subtitles, so I don't understood everything everything of what they said; but for what I understood it wasn't a bad episode, but a boring one.

First of all Blaine's brother storyline. Sleep
I'm sorry, but I don't like Darren's acting. Nothing aganist him, but since it pretty subjective I always found him "gné, okay, I guess".
But, in my opinion, what was wrong in the portrait of this relationship (accentuated by his acting skills) was mainly the reason behind Blaine's antagonism towards Cooper. I mean, come on! I have a sister and quarrels between brothers are on the agenda; what Cooper "did" to Blaine wasn't this monstrosity! Plus, maybe not what the writers wanted, but what I perceived from Blaine's childish reactions was, more than anything else, jealousy. This whole rivalry and angst between them wasn't really justified. ...And the songs even less.
But I enjoyed Cooper, he was a fun character! Ahah, all the passionate "point the finger" thing! Laughing

I don't like the Rachel/Finn storyline. Shocked It was ridiculous how Finn got mad at Rachel! He should know how deep is her love for Brodway, so it makes no sense how he declares to support her as her husband but as long as she pursue the hollywood actress career.

I didn't like the texting and driving lesson, but I liked Quartie! Haha yes, there was something I like.
Even thought she's worried about her injury I liked the new Quinn's attitude, and I hope that, when she is out of the wheelchair, she and Artie will still interact as friends.

I liked some of the Sue's lines! Ahaha, Will that needs an at least one adult friend! Someone really had to say that!
And I liked Kurt. How could I not with that peluche? Rolling Eyes

------------------------------------
Uh, I was about to forget! Welcome here paulopf!!!! Wink

Last edited by Emile on 4/11/2012, 6:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/11/2012, 6:23 am

Frankly, I though this was a pretty good episode. The guest star worked, the story lines were more or less engaging.

I had the biggest problem with the brother storyline, because a lot of it was contradictory. How could Blaine, a guy who gets taken down and criticized by his brother for everything, be so confident when he is performing and why was he even looking forward to seeing Cooper in the first place. This episode didn't make me understand Blaine better all, it made his character even more confusing to me. DC acting - he was OK in the acting master class scene and the restaurant I guess (nothing special, but at with more subtlety then usual) , but any anger and he just fucks it up. Fighter was literary unwatchable. He looked like he was passing a kidney stone or something. Boomer was excellent as the self-centered brother. Also, to me, that master class was like lets name all of DC bad acting choices. It was hilarious really.

I like that Quinn wasn't wallowing in self pity but that she wasn't even allowing herself to think about being disabled for good. It's a healthy way to go on, but what happened is gonna hit her emotionally sooner or later. The scenes with her and Artie, were fantastic and were the musical numbers.

I'm just sorry that we didn't see more of the Senior Skip Day. Puck jawline & Finn's business sense - great comedy. That scene at the end with Finn and Rachel was the first time in a long while that the two of then felt like real, actual teens, at that point in life when you have to make all the decisions. The paradise phase is over and now it's each man/woman for himself. It very selfish of either of them to asked the other to quit their dream. I could actually see then going separate ways after high school, even though they are an end game couple.

Sue - I like the way they have been writing her lately. And the child having I'm guessing Down syndrome - didn't see that coming, but complety expected given her age. An interesting roth they are taking her. I'm interested, which is more then I have been since season 1. Also, loved the shout out to Shue not having any adult friends in the booth camp. More Sue's booth camp please.

Chris was his standard excellent self. Margaret Thacher dog blushh . And his fangirling over Cooper blushh I only have one little remark - the "you are both so good looking and good" line he gave to Blaine before the mash-up. I get it, Kurt loves and has the hots for Blaine, but do we need more Blaine worship. I wanted to puke when when Cooper started to praise him after their second duet. We get it, Blaine is the second coming, the most talented and perfect of them all.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/11/2012, 8:27 am

^As I already said on GF: I like your little 'recap' of the episode, Ivana. neutre

For me the episode was okay, but a bit disappointing. There was a lot of fun in it, a bit of the old Glee, and some good stories, but it felt imbalanced.

Sue’s storylines, both with her baby, Roz co-leading the Cheerios and Sue taking over bootycamp were well-played and really made me value Sue, and her budding friendship with Will and Emma more. I love how Sue can be tough, and then for a split second can look so vulnerable.
I enjoyed senior skip day (although that Six Flags scene was much too short), bootycamp (let’s work to get to Nationals: what a novelty concept), Puck asking his high school friend Finn to come work with him after graduation.
The Finchel scene was imo well balanced out. These 2 should have talked about this months ago. I feel for both of them, and I love it when in an argument both sides of the story get told and noone is either right or wrong.

The aftermath of Quinn’s story was unsatisfying to me. I get the jump in time, but I wished we had at least seen the first reactions of shock after the accident. Another cop-out of the writers: lazy writing.
The Quartie scenes were really good, although a bit too shallow handled, imo. But the conflict for both Quinn (being so optimistic and dismissive of her ordeal, hanging on to walking again) and especially Artie (finding someone he can relate too, clinging on to the mentor role, but in denial that Quinn will only be temporarily on his ‘team’) was very clear and a bit heartbreaking.

I thought the 2 main stories were imbalanced. Not so much the screentime that was given to both Quinn and the Anderson bros storylines, but mostly the intensity and importance these storylines were given.
First of all the songs: 3 big songs for the Anderson bros. Although ‘Fighter’ and SIUTK were more fitting in the storyline than I first thought, to me it felt they were too heavy handled in the narrative. I can’t really describe it, but these 2 songs (especially 'Fighter) tried to put the Andersons bros conflict emotionally unto another level, but a level that wasn’t deserved or necessary and lacked impact, imo.
Whereas Quartie got 2 fun-fun-fun songs: let’s just sing a happy song about sitting in a wheelchair. Although I loved the context of both songs in the show: somehow they made these songs really count in the narrative and enhance the Quartie story, especially ‘I’m Still Standing’.

There was also imbalance in the storytelling itself:
The Quinn stuff was a bit too easy going, almost superficial and a bit obligatory (but thanks to the good acting of Kevin and Dianna we got deeper emotions than the writing warranted), whereas the Andersons bros drama was over-angsty and played like we should really care. Uhm no, sibling rivalry does not come close to Quinn having an accident and struggling with life in a wheelchair. Even if you take into account that Quinn herself is a bit in denial and wants to gloss her situation over: the emotional focus point of this episode should have been on her (or her and Artie), not Blaine.

I would have preferred it if they had used the Andersons bros storyline as a more comic relief, because now it was half hilarious (Cooper is so deliciously fake), and half angsty drama (Blaine's sibling trauma). Those 2 extremes just didn’t connect in my head. Here I'm watching Cooper’s so-bad-it-is-funny-as-hell masterclass, enjoying it, and Blaine is making these pouting faces, taking me out of the moment. Now if Blaine’s pouting had been played for comedy (as e.g. Kurt’s WTF faces were in ‘Red Solo Cup’, or Santana’s disdain faces during LFN or ‘Perfect’) it would have fitted, but it was clearly meant as drama, not fun.
I still don’t know if this was supposed to be a serious storyline (a la Mike and his dad) or just a cracktastic fun and fluffy filler storyline with scenes that guest stars usually have in the choir room (‘The Spanish teacher’, Holly Holiday) ?
It felt like RIB+ wanted to have the cake and eat it too.
If it was supposed to be serious it didn’t come through enough, it was just basically Blaine pouting and being over-dramatic. If it was supposed to be a funny fluff storyline, than using an epic empowering song as ‘Fighter’ like they did is extremely pissing me off.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for Kurt: I adored his fanboying and facial expressions even when he wasn't in the foreground.
I am absolutely flabbergasted by his voice in the Margaret Thatcher puppy scene: he can do so much in his acting and voice expression. I mean: it's just a comic little scene, but wow, just wow. wub

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  CloveGlee 4/11/2012, 9:02 am

My very, very brief thoughts:

- Sue's job is in danger because she was 15 minutes late for practice, and it's going to a person who has no background in cheerleading. Solution: she's taking over the Glee Club, though she has no background in music, rendering Will even more useless than ever.

- Blaine spends the entire episode whining about absolutely nothing. This was Blaine fanservice, and absolutely nothing else. There is no real conflict there,

- Neither Finn nor Rachel are wrong. They want two different dreams on two different coasts, and that is why they should not get married. Broadway has been her dream since she was tiny; he deserves a dream of his own.

CloveGlee
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://recappersdelight.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/11/2012, 9:09 am

sahhar wrote:As for everything else, the Sue storyline was alright. Her scenes with Becky always make me a little emotional. Artie and Quinn were adorable, I felt really bad for Artie. Can Artie please be the focus of Season 3's juniors and not Blarren?, pretty please?.
Yes, please: Kevin really acted very well this episode and I'd love to see him in a more prominent position next year.

The only thing that saved that storyline for me was Matt Bomer. He had me cracking up all the time. I felt worse for him when he said he didn't get the audition than Blarren's entire angst fest the whole episode.
When Cooper didn't get his audition I felt for him too. Matt Bomer did a great job: he was this superfake OTT guest star character, but still managed to be a 'real' character with feelings, very genuine. Just like Jane Lynch does with Sue.

The shower scene was the most pointless thing ever, and Fighter in general was just not the right song for that situation at all

I was certainly not turned on by 'squirt' half-naked Blaine. vomit2 He looked creepy in the boxing scene. And them using 'Fighter' for this?.... really pisses me off. :angry:

P.S - Oh, and I'm very offended at the line that Kurt picks out Blaine's clothes. Just. NO. dryy . Don't insult Kurt Hummel's taste in fashion just because his boyfriend doesn't know to dress. Geez RIB Rolling Eyes
When I heard Cooper ask that I thought: nooooo, don't let it be so. Fortunately Blaine denied it. I would have been really angry if they would have suggested that Kurt picks out Blaine's clothes (or hairstyle).

fantastica wrote:I dont think murphy wants to split up klaine. i think he only wants to split them up to have relationship dramas (like Finchel last year). the practical thing is gays are supposed to be a "minority". glee is already "too gay" and if they split klaine up and repair them, that means they need 2 other gay guys and that's probably too much for Fox to swallow. There's probably a secret "quota" at Fox in terms of how many main gay characters a show can have. murphy himself said for every gay couple he writes he has to write 9 straight couples. so for that reason alone they will probably have to keep klaine for a long time.
Sadly I think this is true. I've hinted that this might be the case before. Well, as long as Kurt is in New York and Blaine is in Lima, I'm fine with it. Just keep these 2 actors apart from each other as much as possible.

ColferGirl wrote:(Although, I'm still waiting, RIB, for someone - ANYONE - on this show BESIDES BURT to treat Kurt with the same sweetness and support and consideration that Kurt just did for Blaine in that puppy scene, or as Kurt has done with Rachel in the car scene at the beginning of this season, or his talk with Finn in the gym encouraging him to live his own dreams. When will someone ever do something like this for Kurt, be there for him and be sweet and tell him he's wonderful/beautiful? :( )
To be fair: Rachel has said these things to Kurt several times (in 'Duets', 'Special Education', the car scene in TPPP). And to be really fair: Blaine has been there for Kurt too in 'Original Song' and IKAG, although the writers tend to forget to let Blaine show more support and interest in Kurt's heavier storylines that don't involve Blaine (the election, Karofsky, NYADA).
But I agree that besides Burt noone flat out told Kurt how special and beautiful he is. He seems to be struggling alone all the time.

I did think it was cheap, a sort of cop out, that this episode started like - two months after the last one. RIB took out all of the dramatic aftermath of her crash, and also found a convenient excuse to gloss over more depth for Karofsky's suicide storyline by doing this. After such a cliffhanger, it felt really abrupt and lazy and ruined any deep emotions I might have felt for Quinn and the others if we'd actually been able to see her in the hospital, or see Finchel call off their wedding (wow, a plotline of 6 episodes ended with one sentence at the beginning of this episode.... dryy )
It was definitely a cop-out. It felt that they just wanted some shocking cliff-hangers before going on hiatus, without having the interest and/or courage to deal with them properly in the next episode. It felt obligatory, like "We-know-we-have-to-do-this-cleaning-up-after-the-cliffhangers-but-oh-boy-what-a-boring-shit-can't-we-just-move-on-to-the-next-shiny-toy-Matt-Bomer?"

All this episode taught me is that Blaine hates criticism, Blaine does *not* feel threatened by Kurt thinking other guys are hot (or maybe he's indifferent because he knows it's a fanboy crush), and when Blaine's upset his response is to get ticked off about it. Oh, and that he has a brother at all. Yay. suure
Blaine didn't feel threatened by Kurt fanboying over Cooper because he knows that he can trust Kurt to not stray, as Kurt is steadfast that way.
Blaine does get angry because Kurt fanboys over Cooper, not because he finds Cooper hot, but because Kurt gives Cooper appreciation and attention. Blaine wants that appreciation and attention.
If anything: Blaine not responding to Kurt finding Cooper hot is quite a tell tale of why Blaine is in this relationship (Klaine) : not for the physical chemistry, but for the attention.

fantastica wrote:3x15 "Big Brother" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_m2anldczLx1qzzzloo1_500
Can someone please, please cut this gif in half and give us only the good part? Smile

arina wrote:I really enjoyed Quartie, I am still standing is by far my favorite song it the episode, I can't get it out of my head :-D I like these two together, I hope they will continue with their friendship.
Me too. There could be a good story when Artie has to face that Quinn will not be like him at all and will walk again. But we already know that Quinn walking again will be played as melodrama and Artie's feelings/conflict will probably be forgotten.
I hate how RIB+ waste all these good storytelling opportunities. dryy

Emile wrote:I don't like the Rachel/Finn storyline. Shocked It was ridiculous how Finn got mad at Rachel! He should know how deep is her love for Brodway, so it makes no sense how he declares to support her as her husband but as long as she pursue the hollywood actress career.
I found the Finchel argument well balanced. Rachel has every right to want to go to Broadway, but so far she never considered helping Finn with planning what he might do there, as if she doesn't care.
And Finn messed up by proposing to Rachel and pledging to go to NY with her, but I guess he's only now figuring out what that implies, and he's not sure if he can do that. He didn't as much get angry at Rachel for not wanting to go to LA, but for not acknowledging his doubts in all of this. She still has not given him any answer what she expects Finn to do in New York. All she can think of is that she needs to be in NY and she needs Finn by her side, but for what? Basically Kurt was right: Finn is too good to hold Rachel's purse on the red carpet. Finn really has to decide soon, and be clear with Rachel, but I can't fault him for doubting: not everyone has the same determination as Rachel and Kurt.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 4/11/2012, 9:13 am

I agree about the Cheerios thing, that was stupid. But I didn't mind that because it gave us funny over-the-top Sue (though she's been toned down).

Blaine and Cooper's story was also badly done, but again, Matt Bomer was excellent and hilarious so I didn't really mind.

I wish we had seen more about Quinn though, I loved Quartie in this. And I loved the Becky and Sue scene. I think I like Sue's pregnancy storyline.

And Kurt was really adorable throughout the episode. I loved the roller coaster and puppy scenes the most because I could see some Chris there too (Margaret Thatcher dog Razz And his voice!!!). In fact, I watched the puppy plush scene over 5 times.

And I actually though Blaine was jealous when Kurt said that Cooper was the most good-looking guy in all of North America.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 4/11/2012, 9:36 am

Glorfindel wrote:
fantastica wrote:3x15 "Big Brother" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_m2anldczLx1qzzzloo1_500
Can someone please, please cut this gif in half and give us only the good part? Smile
Haha, here:
3x15 "Big Brother" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 24wxb89

...Or did you mean Blaine? phr34r

Glorfindel wrote:
Emile wrote:I don't like the Rachel/Finn storyline. Shocked It was ridiculous how Finn got mad at Rachel! He should know how deep is her love for Brodway, so it makes no sense how he declares to support her as her husband but as long as she pursue the hollywood actress career.
I found the Finchel argument well balanced. Rachel has every right to want to go to Broadway, but so far she never considered helping Finn with planning what he might do there, as if she doesn't care.
And Finn messed up by proposing to Rachel and pledging to go to NY with her, but I guess he's only now figuring out what that implies, and he's not sure if he can do that. He didn't as much get angry at Rachel for not wanting to go to LA, but for not acknowledging his doubts in all of this. She still has not given him any answer what she expects Finn to do in New York. All she can think of is that she needs to be in NY and she needs Finn by her side, but for what? Basically Kurt was right: Finn is too good to hold Rachel's purse on the red carpet. Finn really has to decide soon, and be clear with Rachel, but I can't fault him for doubting: not everyone has the same determination as Rachel and Kurt.
I don't know, but I agree that is hard to judge in these situations.
Even if I didn't like what he declared about a possible hollywood career, Finn made valid points during that conversation: he may have found what he likes to do, but he wants to stay with Rachel, and this implies that he can only have a plan about his future as long as it takes both of them to NY. And I don't think he'd realized that before this episode.
And on the other hand Rachel has always been very clear about her goals and NY, still even she is realising now how they need a plan, but this doesn't make her a selfish person.
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/11/2012, 9:48 am

Emile wrote:Haha, here:
3x15 "Big Brother" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 24wxb89

...Or did you mean Blaine? phr34r
Of course I meant Blaine, duh. vexe

(Thanks) phr34r
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 4/11/2012, 11:21 am

ColferInspired wrote:Blarren stans have been harping on that this episode would be development and I argued with one that all it would be is about sibling rivalry, how that isn't anything new as it isn't real development, but a story that has been done to death in television for decades. I would love to go on tumblr and brag, but that is beneath me.

This is just lazy writing and to shut up the Blarren stans.

Only it won't shut them up. Judging from some reactions I've encountered, they keep insisting on creating "head-canons", but not very logical ones, based on actual hints given by the progression of a character's story. On the opposite: mostly really forced constructions to keep going with what they call "blangst" and to keep alive their ideas of "daddy issues". For instance, there's a trend going on about Blaine surely being an unwanted son. They just can't accept that the Andersons' tension came simply from a fairly normal dynamic between brothers, which can be tiresome and enraging at times, but which wouldn't really leave deep emotional scars.
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 4/11/2012, 11:34 am

@ColferGirl

Thank you!

And I couldn't agree more about wanting someone besides Burt to be as sweet to Kurt as he has been to a lot of people.
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/11/2012, 11:36 am

That is the saddest thing really. Almost 90 % of Blaine canon is in fact fans head canon. That is how much character development he got, and what we saw last night didn't make things clear but went in a completely new and easier direction. They just couldn't be bothered to actually develop the character from where he was, because his base is fluid. His one constant characteristic is that he is an attention whore.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/11/2012, 2:57 pm

tanita_mors wrote:That is the saddest thing really. Almost 90 % of Blaine canon is in fact fans head canon. That is how much character development he got, and what we saw last night didn't make things clear but went in a completely new and easier direction. They just couldn't be bothered to actually develop the character from where he was, because his base is fluid. His one constant characteristic is that he is an attention whore.

I was about to say that too. you see, "hot", "talented" and "sexy" does not describe someone's personality. cooper has more personality (that you can actually summarize in a sentence) in one episode than blaine has in 2 yrs.

since we have to rely on head canon to complete blaine, let me join those of you who inteprete his blangst as a result of his jealousy of his brother getting the attention/spotlight. they made up at the end because cooper, whose audition being cancelled, admitted to blaine that he really wasn't good enough, and conceded that blaine was the better one. now to blaine that was huge stroke to his ego so he softened up. as long as kurt keeps on babying him and worshipping him their relationship will fine. but kurt cannot compete directly w/ him as in WSS. kurt has to give blaine flowers. kurt can never win when blaine is around.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/11/2012, 3:28 pm

my favorite scene from last night:

this is all you need to watch

and judging from this tweet, it's Chris' creation:

3x15 "Big Brother" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_m2aon3oFlA1qe476yo1_500
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 4/11/2012, 3:29 pm

fantastica wrote:
tanita_mors wrote:That is the saddest thing really. Almost 90 % of Blaine canon is in fact fans head canon. That is how much character development he got, and what we saw last night didn't make things clear but went in a completely new and easier direction. They just couldn't be bothered to actually develop the character from where he was, because his base is fluid. His one constant characteristic is that he is an attention whore.

I was about to say that too. you see, "hot", "talented" and "sexy" does not describe someone's personality. cooper has more personality (that you can actually summarize in a sentence) in one episode than blaine has in 2 yrs.

since we have to rely on head canon to complete blaine, let me join those of you who inteprete his blangst as a result of his jealousy of his brother getting the attention/spotlight. they made up at the end because cooper, whose audition being cancelled, admitted to blaine that he really wasn't good enough, and conceded that blaine was the better one. now to blaine that was huge stroke to his ego so he softened up. as long as kurt keeps on babying him and worshipping him their relationship will fine. but kurt cannot compete directly w/ him as in WSS. kurt has to give blaine flowers. kurt can never win when blaine is around.

Pretty much the exact reason I want Klaine to breakup. The one episode when Blaine wasn't around (Ricky Martin episode), I loved it. It was like the Kurt from Season 1, not overshadowed by Blaine's presence.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 4/11/2012, 3:30 pm

ALL of Blaine is fanfiction and headcanon.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/11/2012, 3:56 pm

From AfterElton:
Magali Schiavo@maga_schiavo
I need more Chris Colfer in my life!! at least he doesn't sell sex, he has real talent #kurtrules
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next