Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3x15 "Big Brother" Watch & Discussion thread

+16
Ireth
Glorfindel
tanita_mors
Emile
arina
CloveGlee
ColferGirl
kac
ColferInspired
sahhar
brisallie
paulopf
M&M
Jellyrolls
fantastica
Shinra17
20 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

3x15 "Big Brother" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 3x15 "Big Brother" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Jellyrolls 4/10/2012, 9:51 pm

Kurt poops rainbow glitter! He's amazing!
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

3x15 "Big Brother" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 3x15 "Big Brother" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Jellyrolls 4/10/2012, 9:53 pm

OK, so first Rachel tells Blaine to sing, and now Kurt tells Blaine to sing. They should be telling him to let someone else sing.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 4/10/2012, 9:54 pm

Well, I'll refrain myself from saying that a huge deal of Cooper's criticism might not be unfair, since we're supposed to believe that Blaine is "incredibly talented". Still, I don't get Blaine's "trauma". Sibling rivalry sucks, which is the vibe I'm getting, but the "Fighter" song doesn't really apply to his situation. If they wanted to fit it in this episode, then it should have gone to Quinn or Artie.
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 4/10/2012, 9:57 pm

Hahaha. I called it. Now Cooper is showering Blaine with praising.
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/10/2012, 10:03 pm

sibling rivalry is part of having siblings and most people have siblings and it's really no such a big deal. my sons fight all the time and they love each other to death at the same time and they don't even mind fighting all the time because all is fun. why would it be such a big deal for blaine? they are really taking a small pebble and trying to make a giant boulder out of it.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/10/2012, 10:04 pm

The problem with the sibiling rivalry storyline is that the way it was written (or the way Darren acted it) wasn't consistent (and we all know how great Glee is with consistency). The brothers were getting along fine for the most part until they threw in the scenes where Cooper was critical of Blaine, and Blaine had his feelings hurt.

It really came across not as sibling rivalry, but of Blaine being a pouty baby when someone didn't love and admire him. Seriously, everyone loves Blaine. Cooper is the first person who has been critical of him, and he can't handle it.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/10/2012, 10:05 pm

^ oh so true! blaine is so entitled - everybody has to praise him to death or he will "fight" you by taking a shower. Razz

btw the lighting angles made that boxing scene look really creepy. blaine looks like a mentally disturbed killer of some sort. they shouldn't shine the light from below. that coupled w/ his derpy singing face made him look really really scary.

I love kurt at the end (before the final anderson duet). He was really good in it, and so adorabe at the same time.

overall this episode is very so so for me. I actually think Sue's storyline is the best in the episode while certain part of quinn's story is the second best (the last part).

also, apparently dreadlock's scene had more than his feet showing up. Why do I feel that he is really uncomfortable there?

from the look of hte preview I don't see Kurt singing there but let's hope that he will get a line or two because it's the friggin BG episode!

Last edited by fantastica on 4/10/2012, 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/10/2012, 10:07 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:The problem with the sibiling rivalry storyline is that the way it was written (or the way Darren acted it) wasn't consistent (and we all know how great Glee is with consistency). The brothers were getting along fine for the most part until they threw in the scenes where Cooper was critical of Blaine, and Blaine had his feelings hurt.

It really came across not as sibling rivalry, but of Blaine being a pouty baby when someone didn't love and admire him. Seriously, everyone loves Blaine. Cooper is the first person who has been critical of him, and he can't handle it.

I like that last line. I haven't watched the episode yet but I'll watch in some minutes however I know brothers/sisters can be the worse judges to their bros/sis sometimes.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 4/10/2012, 10:08 pm

fantastica wrote:sibling rivalry is part of having siblings and most people have siblings and it's really no such a big deal. my sons fight all the time and they love each other to death at the same time and they don't even mind fighting all the time because all is fun. why would it be such a big deal for blaine? they are really taking a small pebble and trying to make a giant boulder out of it.

I completely agree with you.
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/10/2012, 10:16 pm

In real life, if someone has a big brother who constantly tells him he's not good enough he will grow up w/ a self-esteem issue, or at least feel very insecure about himself. Blaine seems to have lots of confidence and before this episode suffers no psychological consequence of having an older brother constantly putting him down. they just throw the storyline there to give blaine some "development" and mainly to shoehorn Matt bomer in the episode.

Matt Bomer is fine. He's enjoyable to watch. but I didn't drool for him. Am I too old?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 4/10/2012, 10:19 pm

That must be true, but it didn't look like it was the case. Cooper didn't seem overly mean and, as you said, Blaine doesn't seem to suffer from self esteem issues. It was resolved pretty easily, too, for it to have actually been a major issue. About Matt Bomer... I'm 21, gay, and I'm not drooling over him either.
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/10/2012, 10:23 pm

fantastica wrote:...

Matt Bomer is fine. He's enjoyable to watch. but I didn't drool for him. Am I too old?

First I don't know you're real age sweetie to say if you're too old or not, second tastes are tastes :p and third I haven't watched the episode so please anybody has a link to come later and give my opinion?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/10/2012, 10:26 pm

wow, you are exactly chris' age!

now the fact that cooper isn't exactly mean and blaine didn't have any self esteem issues means that they have rather NORMAL sibling rivalry so it's really no big deal, and blaine really acts like he's just pissed because his brother didn't lick his feet. also that made that "fighter" song such a weird occurance because it looks like blaine has suffered from something very very major - i think that song is proper after him being beaten up yrs ago but not to his brother. it's really an over kill. He can get pissed but not to that degree of outrage. If he is the one who wants to punch someone simply because that person criticizes him it made him look like a violent person, or at least someone w/ a serious case of anger management issue. maybe giving blaine a psychological condition will finally turn him into an "underdog". dryy
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/10/2012, 10:28 pm

romina darling since you haven't seen the episode please get out of here and come back after you watch the episode. everything we say here is w/o spoiler tags so stay away and ask Ivana for hte link. that girl is the download queen.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/10/2012, 10:34 pm

fantastica wrote:romina darling since you haven't seen the episode please get out of here and come back after you watch the episode. everything we say here is w/o spoiler tags so stay away and ask Ivana for hte link. that girl is the download queen.

Ok mama Kim, you sound like a mom who's sending her daughter to the bed tonguue and btw I'm already downloading the episode so see ya later (or tomorrow).
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 4/10/2012, 10:35 pm

Yeah. The song did't fit. It all seemed so very forced. But, hey! I liked Kurt with the plush toy! Smile
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/10/2012, 10:37 pm

^ that's my favorite part! really, that few minutes are hte highlight of the episode for me.

I am gonna take a short break to attend my dinner. I am starving and got to finish it off.

hay Paulo so good to see you join us in other threads too. You will blend in in no time. neutre
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/10/2012, 10:41 pm

Hey, we haven't talked about the best part of the episode yet.

How great was Tina tonight? She sniffled. She road a roller coaster. She played a dead man in a dress in an acting scene. She got to sit there and make background noises. Way to go Tina!

I tweeted this to Brad:

How sad to see an original cast member turn into a glorified extra.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 4/10/2012, 10:59 pm

fantastica wrote:^ that's my favorite part! really, that few minutes are hte highlight of the episode for me.

I am gonna take a short break to attend my dinner. I am starving and got to finish it off.

hay Paulo so good to see you join us in other threads too. You will blend in in no time. neutre

Thank you! I had a nice time here! Soon I'll investigate other forum areas!
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/10/2012, 11:16 pm

according to murph she and the juniors will have more prominent screentime next year (I dont think he knows what he's talking about but that was his words in essence.)

I summary I think this episode is pretty bleh and I am staying it w/ an objective mind. I was totally expect "hot bod blaine" in the shower/boxing scene. Instead I saw creepy blaine. I expected to be blown away by cooper and yeah he's got nice glassy eyes but I didn't wet my pants. sue's story is a bit a surprise so I actually enjoyed it more. oh btw, do you guys think that her baby will come out like Becky or her sister because her test results are not normal? it's been a long time since I did that amniotesis (sorry can't spell) and I forgot if they check dawns syndrom or not w/ that test.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 4/10/2012, 11:26 pm

Wow just watched the episode. The best parts of it were, obviously, Kurt. Chris's acting was fab as usual and his reactions were priceless. Him trying to cheer up Blaine with the doll was ridiculously adorable. Blaine doesn't deserve such an amazing boyfriend, seriously.

As for everything else, the Sue storyline was alright. Her scenes with Becky always make me a little emotional. Artie and Quinn were adorable, I felt really bad for Artie. Can Artie please be the focus of Season 3's juniors and not Blarren?, pretty please?.

Blarren and Cooper - Oy, I was prepared for this storyline, but it turned out even worse than I expected. The Blaingst was laugh out loud hilarious. I thought there would be a legit dramatic flashback explaining their friction, but all we got was Cooper not letting Blaine dance to a song???!!!! , or something to that effect?. I mean blinkk . The only thing that saved that storyline for me was Matt Bomer. He had me cracking up all the time. I felt worse for him when he said he didn't get the audition than Blarren's entire angst fest the whole episode. I was watching this episode without bias to anyone, but I just couldn't take Blarren's acting tonight. If I ever had a doubt about his acting ability, this pretty much sealed it. He couldn't emote any of the scenes or speak any of lines effectively and went completely over the top. Overacting at it's best. The shower scene was the most pointless thing ever, and Fighter in general was just not the right song for that situation at all.

Yeah, so all in all, Chris/Kurt remains the best part of this show, not the best episode to have post-hiatus, I like Matt Bomer, Quartie FTW, Blarren cannot handle meaty acting material.

P.S - Oh, and I'm very offended at the line that Kurt picks out Blaine's clothes. Just. NO. dryy . Don't insult Kurt Hummel's taste in fashion just because his boyfriend doesn't know to dress. Geez RIB Rolling Eyes

Last edited by sahhar on 4/10/2012, 11:42 pm; edited 2 times in total

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/10/2012, 11:33 pm

DC's acting is very one-dimensional. there's no depth to it. he's not someone who can carry a show. He always reminds me of drama 101 - all his expression is very superficial. so for blaine to think his brother cannot act is almost a joke.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 4/10/2012, 11:39 pm

fantastica wrote:DC's acting is very one-dimensional. there's no depth to it. he's not someone who can carry a show. He always reminds me of drama 101 - all his expression is very superficial. so for blaine to think his brother cannot act is almost a joke.

THIS. Pretty much. I was still giving Blarren a chance. After tonight's episode tho lol! . I can't even.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/11/2012, 12:51 am

I'm a spoiler whore so what is said here, doesn't worry me.

Like others I had guessed Blaine's bullying storyline was scrapped, and by this episode it has been confirmed for me. Blaine is a joke by what I'm reading.

Secretly I think Ryan wants to split up Klaine to free Chris as that is what he wants. And I bet the Blarren stans the older ones will probably not be happy as they were expecting so much more from this episode. This episode was partly to satisfy the Blarren stans, and in way it has given people reason for more people to hate Blaine.

RIB are destroying this character completely, and has made him look pathetic, as I am going by what I am reading.

I need to download this episode, but as I am in the library some file serve websites might be blocked me from entering them.

So Kurt is the strongest one on the show and like Quinn is the one that has suffered. Kurt doesn't need to learn to box, he is tough enough as it is.

Kurt needs a man, not a child.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 4/11/2012, 12:55 am

I agree. I'm really starting to cement my headcanon of Kurt having a man/mature/older boyfriend in the future.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next