Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 4

+30
ColferGirl
kac
arina
sjonnepon
paulopf
Ireth
Sani
happydays
msjoanlucette
ColferInspired
Vir Cotto
ChrisColferFan1
M&M
Dame Loli
Shinra17
sheny
Emile
fantastica
Buenos
Divalicious
Delight
brisallie
sahhar
Jellyrolls
valkeakuulas
E-ko
Glorfindel
BlueJazz
CloveGlee
tanita_mors
34 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 4 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 4

Post  Divalicious 5/22/2012, 2:49 pm

Yes, that is my biggest worry, that people continue to worship Blaine as they do Rachel. I want NY to be a learning experience, that in the arts sometimes sticking out is more important than fitting in others preconceptions. I want Kurt to excel, and to have Blaine kind of struggle in his shadow. Kurt has had a year to make friends, a year of adult experience, that should count for something. Blaine will be a fish out of water, because he is also from a small town. While he is charismatic, he doesn't have a remarkable voice. While he can dance, he is also of smaller stature, and he will find it hard to earn his dues in the chorus because he won't be the same size as most of them. That being said they can simply continue everything being handed to them.

I have come to the decision that Glee gives things to the fair actors, but has the excellent actors have to fight and claw. Unless you are Rachel, who gets both. The former can't emote the loss well, and are simply downers. While Kurt can emote loss really well, so it becomes "pretty", to prove the Glee club are still underdogs. Unfortunately there are very few true underdogs. Kurt, Artie, Tina are really the only ones, IMHO. The rest have some jock or Cheerios back up. Mercedes is kind of gray, but she's got a lot of time in the spotlight compared to others, so I can't quite make her an underdog. Kurt keeps the illusion of the Glee club fighting against adversity, even though certain members get to have pretty much what they want. If they desert the team, they get rewarded, to the detriment of those who plugged along.

I just have to face that Glee wants to be a teaching tool, occasionally it will hit the mark, but with most the cast being only average or less actors, and the writers not carrying forward ideas on a consistent basis, they are not going to be very successful. But they do keep Chris on my screen, and for that I am grateful. At least Glee gives us that. When you keep your expectations really low, it is hard not to get headaches. The need to vent flares up now and again, and this is a great place to bring those feelings, because we all feel the same. We want Kurt to have a great story. We want Chris to be able to do drama and comedy, because he hits both out of the park. We want Chris to have a successful future, and Glee is paving that for him. He has taken the chances that he was given, and he is running with it. I cannot really ever fully resent a show that gave such an exceptional young man a chance, because we know he tried for years, and never got a call back. Glee actually cast an underdog in an underdog role. I will always be grateful. Until I need to bitch a little.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 4 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 4

Post  Buenos 5/22/2012, 3:03 pm

I cannot really ever fully resent a show that gave such an exceptional young man a chance, because we know he tried for years, and never got a call back. Glee actually cast an underdog in an underdog role. I will always be grateful. Until I need to bitch a little.

Glee was a blessing to Chris Colfer, and as someone once said about them: "blessings are not two sided". The show is a frustrating mess at this point, but even as a hardcore Kurt fan I have no illusions in that Glee was the best thing that could have happend to Chris. Chris realizes he hit the lottery, all of these kids did. As talented as i think Lea Michele, Chris, Cory, Naya and the others are, Hollywood is littered with thousands of incredibly talented individuals who somehow never got quite the right break.

I think it's normal to vent about TV shows and characters we are invested in as fans, otherwise we wouldn't be fans. The trick for me is to be able to step back when the show does yet another WTF plot twist. Easier said then done. Razz
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 5/22/2012, 4:01 pm

Where Chris is concerned, I find it helps me to step back and not worry so much about the content of Kurt's storyline or how much he sings. I think about how much I enjoy watching him, or how much watching the scene impacts me. When Kurt shows up on my screen, I know that most of the time, it's going to impact me in one way or another. The only Kurt scenes that have been really disappointing for me are the Klaine scenes because I don't think that they have fully explored the relationship as they could, even within the confines of the network, in part because of the writing, and in part because of Darren's acting ability.

I realized in the middle of season two that the reason why Kurt is always in the middle of the sad stories in the show because Chris is the actor on the show who is most capable of handling the material and making it compelling. No one else in the cast could have done justice to the Burt heart attack storyline, or the bullying arc. So, in some way it's Chris' fault that he gets the material he does Wink (I'm only half kidding there), and we know he loves it because he says those scenes are like candy for him. It is watching Kurt's struggles that we truly get to know him, and grow to care about him.

So, I guess I can get past a lot of stuff (excpet for the fact that Klaine is still a couple) because I don't look at scenes as growth for Kurt but as amazing acting for Chris.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 5/22/2012, 4:01 pm

I still just want Klaine to breakup today. I know it's a small possibility and I'm hoping for too much, but I know there's still a chance and I want it to happen. I don't care if the Klaine fandom stand outside Paramount with pitchforks. I just want it to happen.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 5/22/2012, 4:17 pm

^ You sounded very demanding but I love your attitude here fanny2

Thanks for the encouragement from Emile and Marie neutre Your posts make my heart warm a little. I'll take Marie's advice and try my best to be nice in my tweets neutre I probably won't tweet "free kurt from klaine " anymore, will think of something nicer to express my frustration towards Klaine. Any good ideas ?

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 5/22/2012, 4:30 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:I realized in the middle of season two that the reason why Kurt is always in the middle of the sad stories in the show because Chris is the actor on the show who is most capable of handling the material and making it compelling. No one else in the cast could have done justice to the Burt heart attack storyline, or the bullying arc. So, in some way it's Chris' fault that he gets the material he does Wink (I'm only half kidding there), and we know he loves it because he says those scenes are like candy for him. It is watching Kurt's struggles that we truly get to know him, and grow to care about him.

This excatly. First season was just new and excellent for me to watch but more and more during second season Chris' acting was making me love him even more. One significant scene which will haunt me til the day I die is the scene in Furt where Karofsky steals the cake topping. I've never ever seen such terror portrait by an actor in TV before. And I'm not thinking that I'm exaggerating saying that that was only one of eccellent scenes performed by Chris in an downword spiraling Season 2.

And like many of you I too still thank Glee people for giving us Chris. I think we should all worship or at least give adulation to Robert Ulrich for doing his job. rooots
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 5/22/2012, 4:33 pm

BlueJazz wrote:^ You sounded very demanding but I love your attitude here fanny2

Thanks for the encouragement from Emile and Marie neutre Your posts make my heart warm a little. I'll take Marie's advice and try my best to be nice in my tweets neutre I probably won't tweet "free kurt from klaine " anymore, will think of something nicer to express my frustration towards Klaine. Any good ideas ?

Smile . It's our last hope for independent Kurt. Couldn't help myself.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 5/22/2012, 4:34 pm

valkeakuulas wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:I realized in the middle of season two that the reason why Kurt is always in the middle of the sad stories in the show because Chris is the actor on the show who is most capable of handling the material and making it compelling. No one else in the cast could have done justice to the Burt heart attack storyline, or the bullying arc. So, in some way it's Chris' fault that he gets the material he does Wink (I'm only half kidding there), and we know he loves it because he says those scenes are like candy for him. It is watching Kurt's struggles that we truly get to know him, and grow to care about him.

This excatly. First season was just new and excellent for me to watch but more and more during second season Chris' acting was making me love him even more. One significant scene which will haunt me til the day I die is the scene in Furt where Karofsky steals the cake topping. I've never ever seen such terror portrait by an actor in TV before. And I'm not thinking that I'm exaggerating saying that that was only one of eccellent scenes performed by Chris in an downword spiraling Season 2.

And like many of you I too still thank Glee people for giving us Chris. I think we should all worship or at least give adulation to Robert Ulrich for doing his job. rooots

Robert Ulrich FTW, bless him. rooots

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 5/22/2012, 4:53 pm

sahhar wrote:Robert Ulrich FTW, bless him. rooots

By the way even this goes back to Chris being humble: I would have no idea who Robert Ulrich is if he hadn't thanked and talked about him a lot.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 5/22/2012, 5:00 pm

Glee giving us Chris is probably the only thing that I like about the show right now.

I know, I should tweet "Free Blaine from Klaine" Razz Does it make me sound like a Blainer ? blinkk

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 5/22/2012, 5:14 pm

Robert Urlich is Glee's casting director. he is basically the guy that chooses which actors are going to be even considered for a certain part and audition in front of Glee producers. He separates the exceptionally talented people from a hay stack of talented people. He saw enormous acting potential in Chris even though there was no role for him. That is why Chris thanked him first (or second, can't remember) in his acceptance speech at the Globes.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 5/22/2012, 5:32 pm

^ Robert Ulrich is also the one who saw "something" in DC... T_T

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 4 - Page 3 Tumblr_m4fr0ljBaK1r9uxb0o1_500
Laughing Laughing Laughing some klainers don't know where to stop.
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 5/22/2012, 5:35 pm

Shinra17 wrote:Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 4 - Page 3 Tumblr_m4fr0ljBaK1r9uxb0o1_500
They really don't. Shocked

(I love that Grant retweeted it. LOL.)
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 5/22/2012, 5:36 pm

^What is wrong with people!? unsure
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 5/22/2012, 6:02 pm

I just love Jesse Tyler Ferguson, and now I love Grant even more than I used to Smile .

Klainers think the whole world should ship Klaine. Well, breaking news guys, people who don't ship Klaine are people who used to ship Klaine before they realized how toxic and pointless that relationship actually is, especially for Kurt.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 5/22/2012, 6:09 pm

I don't think this is about Klaine so much as it is about the glaring double standard going on in the show. For a couple in love and lust, they barely even touch let alone kiss. It's irritating, and I don't even ship them.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 5/22/2012, 6:21 pm

tanita_mors wrote:I don't think this is about Klaine so much as it is about the glaring double standard going on in the show. For a couple in love and lust, they barely even touch let alone kiss. It's irritating, and I don't even ship them.

It irritates me A LOT, too. That's why I'm glad I don't ship them anymore. When I used to ship them I used to go absolutely nuts at their lack of physical contact and affection. It's quite pathetic. But I've learnt to not expect anything from Glee anymore. I'm betting even if they stay together tonight they won't even kiss while Rachel and Finn will suck face. It's Glee.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/22/2012, 6:24 pm

i hope the klainers will tweet the pope and ask for devine intervention, or make a speech in the next United Nation conference. after all there's nothing more important than fictional characters kissing on the screen. people dying of hunger or war.... no, but we need klaine kiss! why can't these people do something more constructive, like tweeting or writing to their politians to vote for gay marriage or something??? you know, like actually be inspired to do some social good.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 5/22/2012, 9:27 pm

You know, can I just say that the Klainers make me not want Klaine to kiss tonight just so it will ruin the summers of these annoying tweeters.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/22/2012, 9:35 pm

Shinra17 wrote:^ Robert Ulrich is also the one who saw "something" in DC... T_T

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 4 - Page 3 Tumblr_m4fr0ljBaK1r9uxb0o1_500

Exactly, how the same person could cast Chris first and then Darren??? Possibly he wasn't wearing his glasses that day or simply Ryan was in the room that day and conviced Robert lol Ok I have no idea what happened.

ohmy Don't kidding me Klainers sent a tweet to Jesse Ferguson? Are they sending tweets to everybody?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dame Loli 5/22/2012, 10:32 pm

Well DC was perfect for the original idea of Blaine. Not Robert Ulrich fault that it derailed.
Dame Loli
Dame Loli
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

http://dameloli.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 5/22/2012, 11:42 pm

Well, on the bright side:

Spoiler:
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/22/2012, 11:50 pm

^ to tell you the truth i can't stand this couple now. all my frustration has transform onto this ship.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 5/23/2012, 12:10 am

Spoiler:
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/23/2012, 12:16 am

Seriously, why would Klainers ship that pairing at this this point? It's clear that the writers treat the relationship with contempt and cynicism.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next