Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 2

+30
superciliousness
happydays
kac
E-ko
apositivefly
Dame Loli
Vir Cotto
valkeakuulas
red texta
emilynna
paulopf
CloveGlee
Sani
CCfan93
dap1217
Divalicious
sjonnepon
ColferGirl
Shinra17
M&M
ColferInspired
brisallie
Jellyrolls
tanita_mors
Emile
sahhar
Glorfindel
arina
fantastica
Delight
34 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 2

Post  tanita_mors 4/14/2012, 4:55 pm

You can always tell fake spoilers because they tend to have too much Tina and Kurt plotlines and songs, and not nearly enough Blaine songs.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 2

Post  Emile 4/14/2012, 4:56 pm

M&M wrote:I liked Beiste last year, but not this year. She has been on so little, and what she has done when on has failed to impress (or irritated me), that I just don't care.
^She only ate a lot of chicken this season. phr34r

Anyway, I think that those are true:

What Makes You Beautiful by One Direction. Sung by Will,Rory,Sam,Mike and Finn
D.I.N.O.S.A.U.R by Ke$ha. Sung by Brittany
Love You Like A Love Song by Selena Gomez and The Scene. Sung by Santana with Tina and Rachel
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/14/2012, 4:57 pm

tanita_mors wrote:You can always tell fake spoilers because they tend to have too much Tina and Kurt plotlines and songs, and not nearly enough Blaine songs.
It's elementary, my dear Watson. fanny2
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 4/14/2012, 4:58 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
tanita_mors wrote:You can always tell fake spoilers because they tend to have too much Tina and Kurt plotlines and songs, and not nearly enough Blaine songs.
It's elementary, my dear Watson. fanny2

banzai
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/14/2012, 5:10 pm

I also agree Tina singing a duet and a solo and a group lead in one episode is aboslutely impossible. only blaine and rachel and mercedes (and maybe Santana) have that privilege. tina is the last one in the hiarchy that gets anything.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 4/14/2012, 5:37 pm

So I just listened to a couple songs from SNG. Chris sounds awesome on what little he has. I actually really love Night Fever. I wasn't expecting to hear him at all this ep, so I have to take what I can get.

Boogie Shoes. Alex has a great voice, although his acting in the clip left a ton to be desired, (maybe he is better later). I think he should go into music exclusively and he would make a mint. The show can't afford more poor actors (if indeed he is). That said, I am not sure what I think of Boogie Shoes. He killed it, but his voice reminds me more of Amber's than of Chris's. He has the novelty of singing in a high voice like Chris, but he doesn't really sound like a guy at all to me. With Chris, I can always tell a guy is singing, even when he is singing in his upper register, but I didn't hear that so much with Alex. That is not a knock, it is just very different than what Chris does. Would Alex even be considered a countertenor?

You should be Dancing, or the song I am renaming This should be Chris singing. I thought they would lower the song a little for Darren and he would go into falsetto on the Yeahhhh. I was not expecting what I got. Falsetto for the full song for a guy who clearly has no falsetto. Harry's was better than his and he is still learning. Darren's was very thin. The song in general is very weak, and it is actually a really fun song when sung well. I have my problems with Darren, but I can recognize when he sings a song well. For instance, I liked Cough Syrup and many of his songs last year. This was not good though. Especially when you compare the other few I did listened to. I think what is happening, especially lately, is Darren's vocal weaknesses are showing more because he doesn't have the Bubs backing vocals to support his. The songs have no pop or just do not fit his voice at all.
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/14/2012, 5:49 pm

i believe alex is contracted for 2 episode or something unless he gets widely well received otherwise he will not be around a lot. so in a way his acting isn't that important.

about biest - assume that spoiler about her part is true - I just the hate the fact that despite her strong and tough appearance, they made her look like spineless victim - first she had to beg her man not to leave her. then she will get abused by him?? I am not saying that all abused women are weak but biest doesn't look like the one who will allow someone to abuse her (this has nothing to do w/ her physical strength or size, but mental toughness - and she is the type who teach football players to be tough to win games).

however, if she does get hit, just once, I want her to walk out and never take him back.

Last edited by fantastica on 4/14/2012, 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/14/2012, 6:32 pm

Talking about Beiste, someone has mentioned before: Where's she? I haven't seen her since... I already forgot when it was the last time she was on glee :O
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 4/14/2012, 6:45 pm

^ probably gone somewhere there's a lot of chickens Arrow
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/14/2012, 6:49 pm

like chicken farm...she needs a dozen a day I assume. poor birds...

why making her into a monster?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 4/14/2012, 6:57 pm

^ to send the message that even a monster not very feminine woman can be attractive and seduce a handsome guy, so murphy-esque lol.
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/14/2012, 7:09 pm

^ except if he's a wife beater isn't he also a monster-in-desguise?

and in paralell, an "unattractive" not-masculine man can seduce an ultra-handsome perfect guy too? will he try to turn blaine into a domestic abuser too or some one does other monstrous deeds?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/14/2012, 7:19 pm

M&M wrote:So I just listened to a couple songs from SNG. Chris sounds awesome on what little he has. I actually really love Night Fever. I wasn't expecting to hear him at all this ep, so I have to take what I can get.

Boogie Shoes. Alex has a great voice, although his acting in the clip left a ton to be desired, (maybe he is better later). I think he should go into music exclusively and he would make a mint. The show can't afford more poor actors (if indeed he is). That said, I am not sure what I think of Boogie Shoes. He killed it, but his voice reminds me more of Amber's than of Chris's. He has the novelty of singing in a high voice like Chris, but he doesn't really sound like a guy at all to me. With Chris, I can always tell a guy is singing, even when he is singing in his upper register, but I didn't hear that so much with Alex. That is not a knock, it is just very different than what Chris does. Would Alex even be considered a countertenor?
Technically yes, voice wise no.
Technically he is of course singing in high register/falsetto, so that makes him a countertenor.
But his timbre and coloring is not that of a countertenor, but of a woman. He imitates, he doesn't create his own (male) sound (and I don't think he wants to). He shuts down certain parts of his voice projection (in resonating, vibrating in his body) to make his voice sound as thin/high and female as possible. Chris uses his whole body to vibrate and enhance the sound of his voice, making it 'darker', 'stronger' and therefore more male sounding.
But I love Alex' singing: it's not my cup of tea per se (I prefer a real countertenor sound), but 'Do You Hear What I Hear' still has me baffled.

You should be Dancing, or the song I am renaming This should be Chris singing. I thought they would lower the song a little for Darren and he would go into falsetto on the Yeahhhh. I was not expecting what I got. Falsetto for the full song for a guy who clearly has no falsetto. Harry's was better than his and he is still learning. Darren's was very thin. The song in general is very weak, and it is actually a really fun song when sung well. I have my problems with Darren, but I can recognize when he sings a song well. For instance, I liked Cough Syrup and many of his songs last year. This was not good though. Especially when you compare the other few I did listened to. I think what is happening, especially lately, is Darren's vocal weaknesses are showing more because he doesn't have the Bubs backing vocals to support his. The songs have no pop or just do not fit his voice at all.
Yes, basically. I have let some of my students listen to the Glee BeeGees songs, to see if I was biased too much myself to hear it clearly, and they all picked Darren as the worst falsetto singer. They surprisingly picked Cory as the best falsetto singer, with Matt as a near 2nd.
And Chris really should have gotten YSBD. :angry:

brisallie wrote:Talking about Beiste, someone has mentioned before: Where's she? I haven't seen her since... I already forgot when it was the last time she was on glee :O
DotMarie hurt her knee again. She has been out of commission for a while. That could explain it.

And I hate how they always make Beiste devour chickens.

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 4/14/2012, 7:44 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
M&M wrote:So I just listened to a couple songs from SNG. Chris sounds awesome on what little he has. I actually really love Night Fever. I wasn't expecting to hear him at all this ep, so I have to take what I can get.

Technically yes, voice wise no.
Technically he is of course singing in high register/falsetto, so that makes him a countertenor.
But his timbre and coloring is not that of a countertenor, but of a woman. He imitates, he doesn't create his own (male) sound (and I don't think he wants to). He shuts down certain parts of his voice projection (in resonating, vibrating in his body) to make his voice sound as thin/high and female as possible. Chris uses his whole body to vibrate and enhance the sound of his voice, making it 'darker', 'stronger' and therefore more male sounding.
But I love Alex' singing: it's not my cup of tea per se (I prefer a real countertenor sound), but 'Do You Hear What I Hear' still has me baffled.

Yes, basically. I have let some of my students listen to the Glee BeeGees songs, to see if I was biased too much myself to hear it clearly, and they all picked Darren as the worst falsetto singer. They surprisingly picked Cory as the best falsetto singer, with Matt as a near 2nd.
And Chris really should have gotten YSBD. :angry:

brisallie wrote:Talking about Beiste, someone has mentioned before: Where's she? I haven't seen her since... I already forgot when it was the last time she was on glee :O
DotMarie hurt her knee again. She has been out of commission for a while. That could explain it.

And I hate how they always make Beiste devour chickens.

Thank you so much for replying. You have far and away my favorite posts about Chris's (and others) voices. It is great to hear it from someone in the know Smile

Also, thank you for the clarification on Alex. He has a great voice, but I won't be rushing out to buy his tracks anytime soon. Not my thing, but very good none the less. I expect he could be very popular.
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 2 - Page 12 Empty 3.17 song covers are out

Post  fantastica 4/14/2012, 8:13 pm

3.17 song covers are out. pardon me for not posting hte graphics. I am doing the lazy way:

So Emotional
Saving all My Love For You
It's Not Right but It's OK (we know it's blaine solo)
I Wanna Dance w Somebody
How Will I know
I have Nothing
My Love is Your Love

guess which one kurt will sing?? hope not "I have nothing"
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 4/14/2012, 8:22 pm

fantastica wrote:3.17 song covers are out. pardon me for not posting hte graphics. I am doing the lazy way:

So Emotional
I Wanna Dance w Somebody
How Will I know
I have Nothing
My Love is Your Love

I'm sad that the group number with Kurt and the girls isn't going to be "The Greatest Love of All."

But, like someone on ontd_glee snarked, of course they can't sing an empowerment song that would suggest their high school romances arent the end all be all of their lives, of course not. dryy

I bet Kurt will sing "I Have Nothing"....

*prays this is all misleading and he sings this at the beginning of the episode, and the ending is not pro-Klaine*

Yeah, I'm an optimistic fool, I know. Let me live in my fantasies. tonguue
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/14/2012, 8:27 pm

^ at least your optimism gives you more happiness than us pessimistic fools do. we just don't know how to be happy at all. Smile

there's another possiblity that he may sing "saving all my love for you" (although it's more like an Amber song), because if he was thought as "straying" because of his "questionable behavior" and got blaine mad, I can hear him sing this show to song that he loves only blaine and nobody else.

Last edited by fantastica on 4/14/2012, 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  CCfan93 4/14/2012, 9:05 pm

Sadly from briefly lurking in other threads/forums the general consensus of the online fandom is that kurt is singing i have nothing. i will honestly be surprised if he doesnt sing that song. I say this because its the most predictiable route to go and we know how RIB are with predictable storylines.
CCfan93
CCfan93
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/14/2012, 9:11 pm

fantastica wrote:3.17 song covers are out. pardon me for not posting hte graphics. I am doing the lazy way:

So Emotional
I Wanna Dance w Somebody
How Will I know
I have Nothing
My Love is Your Love

guess which one kurt will sing?? hope not "I have nothing"
It will either be 'Saving All My Love For You' or 'I Have Nothing', as I feared.
SAMLFY doesn't really fit Chris' voice, IHN does.

And I must say, even though I will probably not like the context in the show: Chris will slay that song.

I'm so sad that they are not singing 'The Greatest Love of All'. :(
As said: why let the girls and Kurt sing about empowerment?
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/14/2012, 9:15 pm

There's only 7 songs on that list. Shouldn't there be 8?

Will TGLOA still be in the episode? Maybe they are keeping it as a surprise?
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 4/14/2012, 9:18 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
It will either be 'Saving All My Love For You' or 'I Have Nothing', as I feared.

And I must say, even though I will probably not like the context in the show: Chris will slay that song.

I'm so happy you said that. I was feeling down that pretty much everyone on ontd_glee kept saying he would ruin Whitney (granted, they're saying that about everyone but Amber really) so I'm happy that as someone who actually knows what they're talking about, you think he will do wonderful.

I was looking forward to him singing it either way, I'm so so SO excited for a new Chris song, it'll be beautiful and glorious, but hearing that you think he'll slay it makes me even more excited. neutre
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/14/2012, 9:32 pm

Glorfindel wrote:There's only 7 songs on that list. Shouldn't there be 8?

Will TGLOA still be in the episode? Maybe they are keeping it as a surprise?

it's possible there are still 8 songs, but it's also posisible the last one got cut (please not cut the group song that chris is in!).
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/14/2012, 9:43 pm

ColferGirl wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:

I'm so happy you said that. I was feeling down that pretty much everyone on ontd_glee kept saying he would ruin Whitney (granted, they're saying that about everyone but Amber really) so I'm happy that as someone who actually knows what they're talking about, you think he will do wonderful.

I was looking forward to him singing it either way, I'm so so SO excited for a new Chris song, it'll be beautiful and glorious, but hearing that you think he'll slay it makes me even more excited. neutre
If you listen to it:

It goes from very soft in the verse (which we know Chris can do: 'Perfect') to power belting in the chorus (a la 'Rose's Turn'), and at the end of the chorus very high soft notes (AIWNSG).
And at the end of the song itself there is power belting combined with power high register (I Am the Greatest Star).

Can you imagine Chris giving it his own spin? wub
He will slay it, trust me. fanny2

Last edited by Glorfindel on 4/14/2012, 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/14/2012, 9:44 pm

Marie, pardon me for being music-illiterate, but can you explain a bit why that aweful song (content-wise) is very good for Chris' voice but the other one is not? thanks! I always love a free music lesson.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/14/2012, 9:45 pm

banzai

Beat you to it. tonguue
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next