Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 2

+28
Sani
sjonnepon
ColferGirl
fireangel
Ireth
Vir Cotto
CCfan93
emilynna
kac
Kurt Hummel
Divalicious
Coolbeans3131
M&M
Glorfindel
gleekout93
Delight
dap1217
sahhar
fantastica
CloveGlee
brisallie
Emile
Shinra17
tanita_mors
arina
Struck by Lightning
ColferInspired
Jellyrolls
32 posters

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 2 - Page 25 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 2

Post  fantastica 4/7/2012, 1:48 am

^ i doubt writings for S4 will be any better. if anything, it will get worse - we may see more recycled storylines and more new characters w/ good amount of singing but blurry characteristics. I just hope there's no season 5.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 2 - Page 25 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 2

Post  arina 4/7/2012, 3:26 am

I don't think Blaine has had so much screentime. Yeah, he sings A LOT and it annoys me as well and he is one of my least favorite characters, but this episode is like the first episode when his storyline are about something else than Kurt, so I think he deserves it.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 4/7/2012, 6:22 am

arina wrote:I don't think Blaine has had so much screentime. Yeah, he sings A LOT and it annoys me as well and he is one of my least favorite characters, but this episode is like the first episode when his storyline are about something else than Kurt, so I think he deserves it.
^^^^^
Yeah, I'm not a Blaine's fan, but I think he deserves a SL too.

It's said and super said but it's true: the annoying thing, and why most of the show's fans are "frustrated", is how, even without an actually SL, Blaine manages, or better, the writers manage to let him sing in most of the episodes. Not even the characters with a real story sing that much.
Therefore, when there's an actual episode for Blaine, it's natural that the major reaction is "Yeah, well, what the hell I don't care. I want to hear other people sing, because it's seems like he's in the ND for years! What's next? A Blaine Anderson Tribute episode?!"
Plus, the annoying fans. It's a set of things. arghh

A nice images for you all:

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 2 - Page 25 Tumblr_m22js6NF9b1r4x97ro1_500
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 4/7/2012, 7:22 am

Emile wrote:
arina wrote:I don't think Blaine has had so much screentime. Yeah, he sings A LOT and it annoys me as well and he is one of my least favorite characters, but this episode is like the first episode when his storyline are about something else than Kurt, so I think he deserves it.
[font=Georgia]^^^^^

It's said and super said but it's true: the annoying thing, and why most of the show's fans are "frustrated", is how, even without an actually SL, Blaine manages, or better, the writers manage to let him sing in most of the episodes. Not even the characters with a real story sing that much.
Therefore, when there's an actual episode for Blaine, it's natural that the major reaction is "Yeah, well, what the hell I don't care. I want to hear other people sing, because it's seems like he's in the ND for years! What's next? A Blaine Anderson Tribute episode?!"
Yeah, because singing is almost the only thing Blaine does and most of the time his songs are pointless. I think he deserves storyline, on the other hand he really should stop sing for a while. I think one duet with his brother would be enough in this episode.

It's time for Matthew Morrison and Jenna to get good songs, they really deserve it and I am glad Dianna gets the chance to sing in this episode.
Of course I really need Kurt to sing, he has not sung a proper song for sooo long, but based on the spoilers I am positive his singing time is very close, so I am not complaining about it right now, but better it'll be REALLY good songs!
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 4/7/2012, 7:41 am

arina wrote:
Emile wrote:
[font=Georgia]^^^^^

Yeah, because singing is almost the only thing Blaine does and most of the time his songs are pointless. I think he deserves storyline, on the other hand he really should stop sing for a while. I think one duet with his brother would be enough in this episode.

It's time for Matthew Morrison and Jenna to get good songs, they really deserve it and I am glad Dianna gets the chance to sing in this episode.
Of course I really need Kurt to sing, he has not sung a proper song for sooo long, but based on the spoilers I am positive his singing time is very close, so I am not complaining about it right now, but better it'll be REALLY good songs!
^Indeed! They have an incredible cast, but it seems that more of the time they don't realizing it.
I love Jenna's voice, it's a is a pity we had to wait more than half of the season to hear her again, and the same goes for Puck! They could have give one of the many and unnecessary Blaine's solo to them.
Will! AH! They have literally trampled him.

Uff, if on one hand they make progress, like give Mike an actual SL and Mercedes/Santana the spotlight they deserves too, on the other hand they regress, completely forgetting the other secondary characters (=ghosts, in one episode for the whole Tina wasn't even there!)

Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 4/7/2012, 8:04 am

Emile wrote:
^Indeed! They have an incredible cast, but it seems that more of the time they don't realizing it.
I love Jenna's voice, it's a is a pity we had to wait more than half of the season to hear her again, and the same goes for Puck! They could have give one of the many and unnecessary Blaine's solo to them.
Will! AH! They have literally trampled him.

Uff, if on one hand they make progress, like give Mike an actual SL and Mercedes/Santana the spotlight they deserves too, on the other hand they regress, completely forgetting the other secondary characters (=ghosts, in one episode for the whole Tina wasn't even there!)

I think Mike really deserved something, but the fact that the "can't sing" boy sang probably more that his girlfriend who was given the main role in school musical in the first season is weird...
I enjoy listening to the voice of Mercedes and Santana much better than Blaine, so I don't mind so much but I think they were overexposed with their singing as well...

I know that some people here wrote earlier that Jenna's voice does nothing for her/him, singing is really very subjecitve, I love her singing, her voice is one of my favorite, and I think she is very versatile (sometimes very similar to Naya) and I am really sorry they don't use her more.
And dont remind me the missing Tina...when Blaine was gone, they had to show us he is hurt, when Tina was gone, nobody cared...but when I remember they forgot to mention Jenna on the 3D movie poster, I am not surprised.

I know it won't happen but I would really love to hear Broadway duet with Tina and Kurt :-)

And of course Furt duet needs to happen (long overdue)! And what about Puckurt duet? I don't know how they would sound together but It could be interesting :-)

I dont want other Klaine duets, they have had five (I think) duets already and I am not especially big fan of Darren singing, well, he sings good, but he does not have interesting voice for me, too ordinary, and there so many people who Chris didn't sing a proper duet with for the three years at all...
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 4/7/2012, 8:59 am

arina wrote:I know it won't happen but I would really love to hear Broadway duet with Tina and Kurt :-)

And of course Furt duet needs to happen (long overdue)! And what about Puckurt duet? I don't know how they would sound together but It could be interesting :-)

I dont want other Klaine duets, they have had five (I think) duets already and I am not especially big fan of Darren singing, well, he sings good, but he does not have interesting voice for me, too ordinary, and there so many people who Chris didn't sing a proper duet with for the three years at all...
Woh! I'd love to hear to more Furt or a Kurt-Tina/ a Puck-Kurt (Kurtina - Puckurt ? LOL) duet too! Even Kurt-Quinn, I liked their moment in "One of us"!

Yah, it would really be great if they 'experiment' a little more for the duet' 'combinations'.
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 4/7/2012, 9:47 am

Emile wrote:
arina wrote:I know it won't happen but I would really love to hear Broadway duet with Tina and Kurt :-)

Woh! I'd love to hear to more Furt or a Kurt-Tina/ a Puck-Kurt (Kurtina - Puckurt ? LOL) duet too! Even Kurt-Quinn, I liked their moment in "One of us"!

Yah, it would really be great if they 'experiment' a little more for the duet' 'combinations'.
Yeah, duet with Quinn could be really interesting as well or with Artie... so many missed opportunities :(

And speaking about Jenna before, I have never heard her singing imagine - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHHa74bT10E
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 4/7/2012, 10:02 am

Vote early! Vote often!

http://www.wetpaint.com/glee/articles/glee-characters-who-need-more-screen-time-and-those-who-really-really-dont

Glee Characters Who NEED More Screen Time, and Those Who Really, Really Don’t!
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 4/7/2012, 11:00 am

fantastica wrote:
ok here's something really funny: something Blaine stans wrote after listening to
Spoiler:

Ugh. Just... ugh. This is just more evidence that some Darren/Blaine fans are not only blind in their devotion, but possibly tone deaf as well. I mean, you can like Darren's version of the song all you like, prefer it to the original even, but to make a judgment about how the original artiste failed to convey emotion when it's absolutely untrue is... ridiculous; and that's putting things mildly.

Okay, let's face it. This particular fan would cry over Darren's singing no matter what and how he sings anyway. Darren can sing the alphabet song and she'll probably be calling it flawless, skipping work to listen to it all day and crying emotionally too dryy

I'm sorry that you have to see that and get so upset by it, ColferInspired. Please don't take to heart what this Darren fan thinks. Her opinion doesn't matter. Darren's version of 'Fighter' doesn't matter. If Christina's version of the song was what kept you strong through dark times, let it continue to remain so. It's just unfortunate that the show had Darren be the one to sing this song, when his voice and singing style doesn't suit, and when the context most probably doesn't warrant it. I guess we'll get to know the context a bit more when the episode airs next week. However, any Blaine angst so far had been laughable (because Darren's delivery of them were so unconvincing), so I'm not keeping my hopes up.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 4/7/2012, 1:16 pm

As for all the Darren/Blaine fans freaking out about his songs and saying they're the best things ever - I can't judge them too harshly, because when my favorites sing, I tend to really like everything they've sung and overdramatically declare it so, too. Granted, I wouldn't go on and on about how much "better" and "more emotion" Chris's songs have than their original artist. The original is the original, after all, and should be respected, even if it's fine to prefer one over the other. But I have loved everything Chris has sung on the show so far, to varying degrees but I did really like them all, so I can see how it might be hard to be objective, to stand back and acknowledge some imperfections, when you love someone so much that your opinion of what they do is always leaning toward the exceedingly positive. And it's easy to just get swept up in happy overexcitement with other fans and start hyperbolizing.

Trashing the original artist though - trashing Christina and saying she didn't have enough emotion in her version, or wasn't nearly as good as Darren's, is complete crap though. dryy

M&M wrote:Vote early! Vote often!

http://www.wetpaint.com/glee/articles/glee-characters-who-need-more-screen-time-and-those-who-really-really-dont

I voted in and looked at this poll. When I voted, Kurt was in the lead at 12% for characters who need MORE screentime, and Blaine was in the lead for characters who need LESS screentime by 53%. This reminds me a lot of the "who should die" poll, with Blaine having that high of a number. tonguue

I'm happy people want even more Kurt, I do too because I love him, but in truth, Tina is the one who needs more screentime out of everyone, so....I wish she was higher on the poll.
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 4/7/2012, 2:31 pm

Kurt has so many duet partner oppotunities, but writers never take advantage of that. He can be paired with any guy or girl in the cast and have a fabulous duet.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/7/2012, 3:05 pm

These polls are kind of therapeutic, can't deny that. Smile
It is a quick and easy way to vent some build up frustration: vote, click, and aaaaaahhhhhh, instant release. Razz
I like how they acknowledge this in that article:
In fact, Kurt might have gotten the number one slot on this list if he hadn’t been getting the shaft on solos in that episode. Still, “Love Shack” was so great the week before that it helped us survive the Great Kurt Song Drought of “On My Way.”

It is surprising that so many voters want more screentime for Kurt. Although most of his storylines are not very satisfying, we do get him a lot in comparison to other cast members. Maybe it is because so many people are unhappy with Kurt's status and storylines lately that they are still voting for him, as a sort of statement/protest. And it proves that he is still highly popular. wub
But tbh: I think Will, Artie and Puck deserve something more, and even Rachel, without the Finchel drama. As for Tina: I like her singing, although she doesn't move me, but she is and will remain, imo, a background character. But still: a little bit more songs and lines would be nice for her and her fans. If Rory and Joe, even Sugar can have some screentime, then so can Tina: Jenna is so loyal to Glee.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 4/7/2012, 3:21 pm

I don't think these polls can be taken very seriously when you can vote how many times you want...
And yeah, I think Kurt has good screentime but badly written and used lately... :(

And I know that Tina will never have screentime as has the leading characters (I don't even want that) but when every guest star has more screentime in one episode than she has in the whole season, it is sad.
She was promised to have a storyline during the sommer, but I guess it will happen the same as Lauren's big storyline with Kurt which was promised as well.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/7/2012, 3:46 pm

^Yes, Tina at least needs to get more than the TGP kids.

Does anyone else also hope that the Anderson brothers storyline will be a big disaster? Failing because of bad writing, terrible acting (by Darren, certainly in comparison with Matt Bomer), stupid blangst, unnecessary storyline, offending to the characters who do have reasons to feel like 'Fighter' (like Kurt or Quinn), bad use of the songs, and ridiculous pimping of Blaine's naked chest? I so hope that 'Big Brother' will get bad critiques and will be called out by the fandom and the media.

Not because I dislike Blaine, because I can still stand him on Glee, and I can enjoy some of Darren's songs, if I ignore there are so many of them. But just to knock those obnoxious Blaine stans down a peg. They think they are so entitled to this, and they are driving me mad.
Even over on GleeForum it is irritating me to no end. If I have to read "He only gets 3 songs because this is his storyline, and everyone gets to sing in his storyline." Uuuhmmm,.... no.
Or "This will be so important for his character development, and finally we get to know more about poor Blainers and why his father rejects him and he never talks about his mother, and how his brother abandoned him, even after Blaine was beaten half to death." beam

And who are these idiots that think that Darren was better in 'Fighter' than Xtina herself? Really?
Aaaarrrgghh, I want to scream at them. I don't mind people fangirling or stanning, but they are taking this to another level. I think we all could stand Blaine a lot better if his fans wouldn't be so terrible. They are such a pest: a swarm of horny, obnoxious brats, that's what they are. :angry:

Aaaaah, voted again in that poll. I feel better now. Smile
Thank God for the snark and bark thread. This fandom is quite enjoyable, but sometimes..... vomir
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/7/2012, 4:23 pm

Singing like acting is very subjective. The ability to emote throw a song is not. You can feel it when it's there or not when it isn't. Darren's vocal interpretation of Fighter is excellent, but he just sings the song, he doesn't feel it. Just listen to the way he sings "thank you". There should be rage and anger there, but it's just efficient vocal performance and nothing more. That particular song fails especially in the choruses because the music overpowers him completely. It's a good cover, but it's not great. It lack that what made the original extraordinary. It's not all Darren's fault, but he isn't perfect in it.
And given who is singing the song, I'm not looking forward to the performance in the show. He is going to over-emote it to the top. I'm cringing already.

The mash-up is just disastrous really. DC sounds like Harry in the first verse and Matt I can't even place. Their voices are so auto-tuned or processed in some other way that they are practically unrecognizable. The background music - the worse of the 80's imaginable.

As for who should sing how much, I feel that they should really share the wealth equally, or given that Rachel is the lead she should still sing the most with everyone sharing the rest. Right now, we have the top 5 that sing half the songs and the rest is divided between 10-15 people. That isn't even remotely fair and it get us a situation where Tina, Puck, Quinn, Kurt, Shue,... haven't had a decent song in most of the season.

It would be completely OK for Blaine to have this many songs in an episode about him, but given the quantity he has sung until now without a particular plot point, it's only natural that everyone but the Blaine/Klaine stans would be angry. I'm angry that a relatively insignificant character who is nothing then Kurt's boyfriend gets so much screen-time that could have been used to further some actual plot. And all this supposed Blaine development comes too little too late for me because I frankly no longer give a fuck about Blaine.

tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 2 - Page 25 Empty Things That Might Have Been

Post  Vir Cotto 4/7/2012, 5:01 pm

You know, I think I would have preferred Sam as Kurt's boyfriend rather than Blaine. At the time, I couldn't stand the concept of the closeted jock, who pines for Kurt while dating Quinn (that's how it was supposed to be, remember?); and, to be honest, I still would hate that. However, it's a season and 3/4ths later, and if you compare Chord and Darren, it's pretty clear to me that he wins in everything but iTune sales. He's a decent, if not spectacular, actor, who brings at least some level of competence to his role. I know who Sam is, which is more than I've ever been able to say about Blaine. I think Sam and Kurt would have been kind of like a less frustrating version of Finchel: Sam doesn't have Finn's tendency towards douchebaggery, and Kurt would never send tiny foreigners to a crackhouse to further his own ambitions.

They could have still used Darren; maybe as a rich, preppy Reggie to Quinn's snobby Veronica. They could have been McKinley's Evil Power Couple, looking down on all the lesser people. Think how much more interesting, and coherent, the prom episode would have been if it had pitted underdogs Finchel against the nasty, entitled Bluinn. It might have been, I don't know, funny?

All the missed opportunities, and wasted songs; I think that's what this show is going to be remembered most for. And, of course, for launching Chris's career.
Vir Cotto
Vir Cotto
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/7/2012, 5:14 pm

^ a rich peppy blaine I can totally see, but a sympathetic woopy blaine I will just have to laugh my ass off.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/7/2012, 5:36 pm

@ Vir Cotto, I like your storyline about Sam and Kurt as boyfriends instead of Klaine and by other side Blaine and Quinn but sadly we can't back in time and change everything :( Unless a surprise twist happen lol
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/7/2012, 5:42 pm

^ yeah, unless Chord lets RM get into his pants too, and there's no way it's gonna happen. dryy
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 4/7/2012, 7:08 pm

fantastica wrote:^ yeah, unless Chord lets RM get into his pants too, and there's no way it's gonna happen. dryy

lol! THIS, pretty much.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sjonnepon 4/7/2012, 8:00 pm

Vir Cotto wrote:
They could have still used Darren; maybe as a rich, preppy Reggie to Quinn's snobby Veronica. They could have been McKinley's Evil Power Couple, looking down on all the lesser people. Think how much more interesting, and coherent, the prom episode would have been if it had pitted underdogs Finchel against the nasty, entitled Bluinn. It might have been, I don't know, funny?

Wait, Blaine isn't allready in love with quinn? I always get that idea with how he looks at her.
If he would give Kurt the same looks i would almost say that he's in love with him.
sjonnepon
sjonnepon
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/7/2012, 8:27 pm

^ that's DC flirting lovingly w/ Dianna. Blaine is supposed to be 100% gay right? That's 100% fake gay.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/7/2012, 8:55 pm

I know these are these polls where you can vote more than once, but wow, the hate for Blaine is incredible. I blame RIB for all off this.

It's wonderful to see people want to see more Kurt.

I would like to see scenes with Kurt and Sam and develop that friendship that they should have done in duets, as well as his friendship with Puck, and Tina and just forget about Klaine by pushing it into the background.

If they established the other friendships on this show, then I could start to love the show again.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/7/2012, 8:58 pm

fantastica wrote:^ that's DC flirting lovingly w/ Dianna. Blaine is supposed to be 100% gay right? That's 100% fake gay.

I thought that too!!! But Blaine and Quinn hardly ever are together on screen, maybe is because of that huh. Just I can say if you're acting as sb 100% gay please do it believable!
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next