Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6x12x13 " 2009 / Dreams Come True " - SERIES FINALE Watch & Discussion thread

+13
Buenos
mindschemez
Ireth
ChrisColfersLightning
ColferInspired
ChrisColferFan1
brisallie
Divalicious
M&M
Jellyrolls
dimpledchris
Ranwing
tanita_mors
17 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

What did you think of the episode ?

6x12x13 " 2009 / Dreams Come True " - SERIES FINALE Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap0%6x12x13 " 2009 / Dreams Come True " - SERIES FINALE Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
6x12x13 " 2009 / Dreams Come True " - SERIES FINALE Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap25%6x12x13 " 2009 / Dreams Come True " - SERIES FINALE Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 2 ]
6x12x13 " 2009 / Dreams Come True " - SERIES FINALE Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap0%6x12x13 " 2009 / Dreams Come True " - SERIES FINALE Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
6x12x13 " 2009 / Dreams Come True " - SERIES FINALE Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap38%6x12x13 " 2009 / Dreams Come True " - SERIES FINALE Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 38% 
[ 3 ]
[ 0 ]
6x12x13 " 2009 / Dreams Come True " - SERIES FINALE Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap37%6x12x13 " 2009 / Dreams Come True " - SERIES FINALE Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 37% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

6x12x13 " 2009 / Dreams Come True " - SERIES FINALE Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Empty Re: 6x12x13 " 2009 / Dreams Come True " - SERIES FINALE Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Ranwing 3/20/2015, 11:24 pm

I've sat through plenty of bad finales that left you going "What the fuck?" long after it was over. I sat through X-Files. I sat through Quantum Leap. I fucking sat through Lost. But this was such a self-congratulatory pile of horseshit. I'm surprised that Ryan Murphy didn't break his arm patting himself on the back.

Arts education spreads all across the country, all because of Will Schuester and New Directions. Yay! Rachel wins a Tony! Mercedes becomes an international recording star? Amazingly, Kurt and Blaine's more realistic success as actors, and Artie's as a director are (dare I say it) the most realistic conclusions to their storylines.

Most of the episode had me rolling my eyes because it was just a dogpile of successes. That in five years, Rachel gets to graduate from NYADA and beat out the biggest name actresses for a Tony award. Sure... Mercedes is picked to open for Beyoncé. Right... As much as I hate Klaine, theiy annoyed me the least here. Kurt and Blaine supportive and working together and finding success as actors and as LGBTQ icons. The scene of them at the school (with kids that I assume are either gay, the children of gay couples or transgender children) was entirely heartwarming.

The final scene with basically the whole cast is what got to me. Because it just reminded me of when Glee was really good and all the great characters. Even those that we only saw in passing. That was what made sitting through the rest of it worth it.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

6x12x13 " 2009 / Dreams Come True " - SERIES FINALE Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Empty Re: 6x12x13 " 2009 / Dreams Come True " - SERIES FINALE Watch & Discussion thread

Post  dimpledchris 3/20/2015, 11:33 pm

That was a really unsatisfying and rushed finale (for me at least). 2009 got me hopeful, but then...

At least there's fan fiction? And cast interviews where they let go of any remaining fucks they have left to give.
dimpledchris
dimpledchris
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://dimpledchris.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  dimpledchris 3/20/2015, 11:37 pm

Also, what does Kurt do in the future again? I think I missed out on this part. He and Blaine write plays together, is that right?

The final scene with everybody singing was cute, though. I genuinely laughed out loud when Dijon and Harry started dancing. After almost a hundred episodes, Matt Rutherford came back Razz
dimpledchris
dimpledchris
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/20/2015, 11:37 pm

I am working on a fanfic that corrects some of the issues, using Kurt as the focal point of the story of course. I feel like I want to write Kurt a more deserving life--something I'm sure many other Kurt fans will be doing.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 3/20/2015, 11:43 pm

I have not watch the episodes yet,but I am glad Kurt does not appear to just be a househusband. If that had happened I would be beyond outrage.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 3/20/2015, 11:45 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:I am working on a fanfic that corrects some of the issues, using Kurt as the focal point of the story of course.  I feel like I want to write Kurt a more deserving life--something I'm sure many other Kurt fans will be doing.

Looking forward to it.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 3/20/2015, 11:47 pm

dimpledchris wrote:Also, what does Kurt do in the future again? I think I missed out on this part. He and Blaine write plays together, is that right?

Both Kurt and Blaine are acting and apparently well known enough that they get invited to speak at the Harvey Milk School (which has apparently expanded to include grade school kids). Given that I was dreading the show not giving Kurt professional success, this was as good an outcome as I could have hoped for. Am ignoring the Grease Stain and Rosemary's Baby incubating in Rachel.

It would have been much better for the series to have ended with 2009 which was the stronger of the two episodes by a long shot. We already knew what direction everyone was heading in. Kurt and Rachel to NYADA (and both to a stage career), Blaine to NYU (and to a performance career of his own). Sam would likely be a teacher of some kind (even though he had no college degree and no interest in pursuing one). Artie would be a director. Mercedes a recording artist. Everyone (except Tina) was pretty much accounted for. We didnt' need to see them rise to epic levels of success that reached a point where even being willing to suspend disbelief was impossible.

While it was hard to force the actors into their pre-pilot configurations (especially poor Chris, who looked like they vacuum sealed him into costumes that he outgrew years ago), there was a value to the episode because we got to see just how far they had all come. We saw their relationships grow and evolve. It would have been perfect to end with the original Don't Stop Believing performance, because seeing the original group on stage (with Cory) was the perfect bookend to the pilot. We would have been left to imagine where the future would have taken the characters without having it spelled out.

But Glee is not something where enough is enough and we get the self-congratulatory mess that as Dreams Come True. Or better titled, Outrageous Fantasies Because We Can't Be Bothered To Care. Where successes are so quick and enormous that even the unlikely prospect of two young gay actors debuting at Lincoln Center is considered reasonable compared to the rest. And this is where Glee always fucks up. They can't help going so far over the line that they pitch the entire show off a cliff.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 3/21/2015, 12:23 am

Well, it just started on the West Coast. Kurt is pretty, it was fun seeing his basement room, and the background music made me nostalgic for when Glee was actually funny.

I like how they retcon Artie's long standing misogyny, and Tina was anti-establishment? Signing up for Glee club on a dare was an interesting thing, and kind of fits considering how under the radar they preferred to be.

Rachel's self-obsession is alive and well. Impressive lung power being able to talk that fast.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 3/21/2015, 12:31 am

Oh my gosh, with them spending so much time with the same people singing all the damn time you forget what nice voices Jenna and Kevin have.

I like Kurt in the blue jacket.

Rachel wants all the solos, and later, she gets them. No wonder the youth of today are in trouble, if they found Rachel Berry inspirational. If you whine about how you deserve things until people give them to you, and they are given the example that it works. Truth be told, some people do get away with crap that totally befuddles me, but sooner, or later, that wheel turns on you.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 3/21/2015, 1:45 am

LOL!!!

Brian Cantor ‏@cantorpedia 5h5 hours ago
It did #GLEE good to have Kurt part of a real sports team too. #Preggers was the true beginning of the phenomenon. #GleeFinale

Brian Cantor ‏@cantorpedia 3h3 hours ago
Sue's Blaine remarks were the best. #Glee #GleeFinale

Brian Cantor ‏@cantorpedia 3h3 hours ago
Weak. #Glee #GleeFinale
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/21/2015, 1:53 am

ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/21/2015, 1:58 am

ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColfersLightning 3/21/2015, 2:29 am

Kurt is an actor? He never in his life wanted to be an actor, He lived for Broadway and Fashion, like he never talked about being on tv, movies, or any acting like that.

They made him and Blaine the same thing just so they can glue them together. Disappointing. Blainchel spawn is in Rachel's stomach. Kurt and Quinn gorgeous perfect baby will be with Kurt and his second husband tyvm.

Other than that, 2009 Kurt looks pretty on my dash. Glee is done. Chris is free in London and ignoring Glee so I have no emotional feelings for Glee at all tonight so bless. I am relieved.
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColfersLightning
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 3/21/2015, 2:35 am

I would rather Kurt not be with Blaine.But if he must be I am glad at least they appear to be equals. I have not watch The Glee Finale yet. But if it had turn out Kurt was just a househusband I would have deleted it without watching. Although,I wish they had given Kurt success outside of Blaine. At  least it is better than him just being a househusband to Blaine, than I would be very angry if that was Kurt's ending.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  dimpledchris 3/21/2015, 2:54 am

Surprisingly for me one of the more tolerable parts of the finale was the flash-forward of Kurt and Blaine, as it was one of the more believable ones (the competition was Rachel winning a Tony against huge stars and Sue being the VP to JEB BUSH, wtf).

I would have wanted Kurt to have something by his own, but considering how he was treated this season I didn't really have high hopes for his ending. It's good that he continues to champion LGBTQ rights and is still his proud and fashionable self.
dimpledchris
dimpledchris
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColfersLightning 3/21/2015, 3:30 am

Listened to the songs for the first time tonight, I can only say this about them: Why are they so bland and boring, I actually wanted to like Day Dream Believer since it was Kurt's last song ever. It was boring and bland and this time? Loser Like Me was 10 times better. I wish that the hype for this song being so amazing was true, I wish I could have been proven wrong but nahh, that song was boring and underwhelming. Wow.

On to better things......

My Kurtcedes heart is happy for 2009, like the gifs of them on tumblr is super cute c:
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColfersLightning
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/21/2015, 4:56 am

Just downloaded both episodes.

Dreams Come True sounds mostly meta, and I believe Kurt would have found his own career without Blaine. Kurt has lost his independence which is a bitter disappointment.

Even when they were a couple Kurt did his own thing. And engaged Kurt did his own thing.

Rachel winning a Tony against the likes of Maggie Smith and Ann Hathaway must come from the worst fanfiction ever written.

Mercedes I can believe as bands and artists not yet big do sometimes play support for big artists.

Sam, it was expected, not surprised in the least.

Sue, again completely meta along with Will's story.

Maybe he could have influenced a couple of schools, that would be more believable.

Sue, Vice President, that is one of the most stupid storylines ever. blinkk

Looking forward to 2009. neutre

Tina was going to be a vet. They could have least let her have that.

Artie was expected to become a director, so again not surprised.

What about Quinn and Puck?

They deserved an ending as well.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 3/21/2015, 10:05 am

If there was one big flaw in 2009 (and I still think it was the stronger of the two episodes), it was that Rachel's overwhelming hyper-competitiveness never really got explained. We saw that the harsh comments on her Myspace page got to her more than she let on (I supposed to humanize her), but what they never really explained or justified why Rachel was pushing away anyone who made even tentative offers of friendship.

In the pilot, we started with Kurt and Mercedes already having a clear disliking for Rachel and over the course of the season Rachel wanting them as friends. Which is why it was rather jarring to see Rachel so bluntly rejecting Kurt's offer to audition together, pretty much putting an end to any possible good interactions between them for a very long time. It does explain why Kurt had so much resentment towards Rachel, but despite the voice over, we never really got into Rachel's head. Why was she so afraid of any competition that she would she push Kurt (and then Mercedes) away and then later whine that no one liked her. Why would she be so blind to how her behavior was perceived by others and where this overwhelming need for stardom (that justified tramping over others) came from. We didn't learn anything more about Rachel here than we already knew from the original pilot. At least Kurt, Mercedes, Tina and Artie were given reasonable backstories that fit their characters and fit neatly into the events of the pilot.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/21/2015, 11:37 am

At this point is well known how competitive is Rachel. And yeah she wanted to have friends,but possibly they came with a rule that it says,according to rachel," not equally or more talented than me". I think is has been said before,but Rachel had to learn how to be a friend. As I personally I believe she thought was the same of being admired.

Going back to the episodes,I'd say the finale for me is 2009. I think was a good farewell and ended where it stars. Though still I love the group performance of Dream Come True. So I would have done a mix with the episode and that scene. I'm thinking how it could have done....

As for the "actual" finale, the ideas came from a fanfic? Everything was so perfectly unrealistic and in cases like Rachel's Tony so predictable. Though,as someone mentioned before,klaine was the most realistic. But wow in five years Sue,Will,Rachel,Kurt,Blaine and Mercedes (wasnt mentioned,but I bet she is a huge star now) got the biggest recognition. And not only that, but the episode itselt was rushed up for me.  Anyway,is sad they were able to do something as good as 2009,but the following episode,wasn't.

All what I could say now is that I'll try to remember the positive moments,and I'm thankful that Glee introduced me Chris,and then through him I met this fandom Smile
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 3/21/2015, 1:32 pm

I decided to watch these eps with the idea of enjoying them no matter what, because they're the last eps of Glee, and I used to love this show.

2009 was actually good, I loved it. Kurt broke my heart at the start but it was such great acting by Chris. And the garage scene with Burt and Kurt aww. By the way, Will didn't save Kurt's life, Emma kind of did since she noticed he was suffering and contemplating suicide (I don't know to what extent, but he was clearly thinking about it). I loved that Kurt was sewing his Single Ladies outfit from Preggers.

Dreams Come True was unrealistic and cliched, but I didn't mind Kurt's flashforward. I was already resigned to them being together, and I was suspecting that it would be Kurt and Blaine's baby, so no disappointment for me. Kurt is successful and seems happy, so I'm happy for that, and I can have my own headcanons. I also found Daydream Believer cute because Kurt/Chris with kids = adorable.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  mindschemez 3/21/2015, 2:36 pm

Hour 1 was great.

Hour 2 was so...blah. I was watching, but i was not engaged or invested with what was happening.

mindschemez
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/21/2015, 2:41 pm

I was expecting it so no surprise, but so little individual Kurt focus on Hour 2, sigh.

Not even an ending scene with either Rachel, Will  or Mercedes or anyone not named Blaine.   

It was bizarre to have Sue praise Kurt when  all I could think of was  " so if the character was so inspiring why did they stop writing story lines for him?" 

As usual, Chris looked wonderful throughout.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 3/21/2015, 7:02 pm

Oh, how I had missed these silly little moments between Kurt, Rachel and Mercedes. Chris does so many wonderful WTF faces when he idolises / gets scared of Rachel.

I somehow felt that scenes with Burt and Kurt had a little too much tension. I don't know if that was just me, but threatning to take away one of the things his son truly loves in a situation where he's just learned that that son might harbour suicidal thoughts is a bit cruel?

Altogether 2009 was seasons best episode by far. The less said about the final drag AND THAT DAMN SURROGATE BUSINESS, the better!
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColfersLightning 3/21/2015, 9:12 pm

I watched the Popular scene, and I really loved it! Cause I saw how Kurt startd getting annoyed when Rachel started dissing him through song and he was like oh no you did not! Look at YOU Rachel, I am the popular one! Lol it brings me back to Defying Gravity moment when Kurt was in that Wheel chair crossed legged telling the Glee club to vote fairly even though everyone knew he was more popular and dressed better than Rachel. ptdr His voice and looks gave me life too! :D

Edit: They still have not posted Popular on youtube yet, why? dryy
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColfersLightning
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColfersLightning 3/21/2015, 9:21 pm

Just saw the ratings and the non Blam part drew more viewers then the final episode of Glee ptdr

According to fast national data, Friday’s “Glee” finale drew a modest 0.8 adults 18-49 rating with 2.70 million viewers from 8-9PM and a 0.7 with 2.53 million from 9-10PM. x
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColfersLightning
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next