[ 0 ]
38% 38% 
[ 3 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
37% 37% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Re: 6x12x13 " 2009 / Dreams Come True " - SERIES FINALE Watch & Discussion thread

Post  ColferInspired on 3/21/2015, 9:54 pm

2009 should have been the finale, because present Glee ended in episode 11 as Rachel and Kurt were heading back to Nyada, and Blaine to NYU. We did not need to know what happens five years on as it was obvious Will would continue on with this ND winning Nationals.

They did not need Dreams Come True, and the writers most of the time didn't take it seriously as it was mostly meta at it's worse.
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Re: 6x12x13 " 2009 / Dreams Come True " - SERIES FINALE Watch & Discussion thread

Post  mindschemez on 3/21/2015, 10:51 pm

I must say though, of the finale (hour 2), i appreciate and love that they wrote in sue's speecch thing to kurt. Treat him poorly and put him on the backburner all you want (and did), but his legacy and impact cant be denied. Juxtaposed with her comments to blaine just made it all that sweeter.

mindschemez
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 3/21/2015, 11:04 pm

^Which makes you wonder why RIB suddenly remembered what a great character Kurt was (and what a shitty character Blaine was!) in the final episode, after having sidelined, humiliated and neglected him for 3-4 seasons straight.

I've watched both episodes now, but will wait with making an elaborate post about it till tomorrow (it's nighttime here).
Short version: I loved '2009' although there were some things I have some problems with, but nothing too serious. 'Dreams Come True' otoh was terrible, what a shit ending full of unearned, false ringing wish fulfillment. I will probably never watch that episode again, but I've already rewatched some parts of the '2009' one.

Anyway: here is the Kurt edit (there are 2 videos in a zip file) :  Arrow link.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 3/21/2015, 11:18 pm

x

Lol, notice when Kurt raises his arm as he gets slammed against the locker that there's a big cut out or tear in his shirt, in his armpit. ohmy

The wardrobe department either had to open the seams of his shirt there so Chris' more muscled upper arms and broader back could fit into Kurt's old clothes, or his shirt got ripped apart while rehearsing this scene when he moved too much in it.

Chris is definitely not the wee Kurt of season 1 anymore. Smile

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 3/21/2015, 11:32 pm

Will allowing Kurt to be a part of the glee club, would have helped Kurt to find his confidence, so, yes, glee club did save Kurt's life, because he found his first friend in Mercedes and it gave him a goal and a future as Will picking him would have shown Kurt that he does have a talent, that he was good enough to join the glee club.
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 3/21/2015, 11:34 pm

Just watched '2009' I really like it. I may watch that episode again. One think I did not care for is Blaine being in it,but at least it was just a short cameo. And was not what I though would be a big part. I really thought they would have Blaine to always been at McKinley. Not my favorite episode but pretty good. The last episode I like before '2009 was Old Dog, New Tricks. So there is only two episodes I really like since season 3.

Both Chris C & Max A are great actors. Hope they work together again someday.

Huge fan of the talented,  kind  sweet, wonderful  Chris  Colfer

Really enjoyed Old Dog New Tricks. The Best Glee episode in a long time.
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 3/22/2015, 12:05 am

Just watched 'Dreams Come True." Doubt I will watch that episode again. Did not care for it at all. One good think is at least Kurt did not just ended up being a househusband and he and Blaine appear to be equals. But I wish They have given him his own success that did not involved Blaine.

Both Chris C & Max A are great actors. Hope they work together again someday.

Huge fan of the talented,  kind  sweet, wonderful  Chris  Colfer

Really enjoyed Old Dog New Tricks. The Best Glee episode in a long time.
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 3/22/2015, 12:17 am

Glorfindel wrote:
x

Lol, notice when Kurt raises his arm as he gets slammed against the locker that there's a big cut out or tear in his shirt, in his armpit. ohmy
at first i thought it was a huge arm hole too, but then realized that it's just the shadow. I actually opened it in Photoshop and looked at gif frame by frame. It's definitely an optical illusion. fanny2
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 3/22/2015, 7:46 am

fantastica wrote:at first i thought it was a huge arm hole too, but then realized that it's just the shadow. I actually opened it in Photoshop and looked at gif frame by frame. It's definitely an optical illusion. fanny2
It is? Are you sure? Because you can still see a dark line of some sort in the 2nd gif:

And you can sort of see it in the rest of the scene too. But I guess you're right, a shadow is the most logical explanation. Must be some very bright lights then to cast such a dark shadow.
Too bad, I liked my thought of Chris bursting out of his old costumes like the Hulk or Wolverine. fanny2

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight on 3/22/2015, 9:27 am

Thanks for all the preview comments; which helped me with my decision on whether to bother watching the finale. I've downloaded and watched '2009' and shall pretend that the last episode doesn't exist. 'Dreams come true' sounds like one badly written epilogue.

I have to say that I'm pleasantly surprised by how much focus Kurt has in the '2009' episode. Only after watching the episode did it finally make sense for Burt to be grateful for the Glee club for saving Kurt's life (Burt's comment made zero sense to me when it was uttered back in Season 3). It was sobering to see how dark a place Kurt Hummel was in before he joined the Glee club.

Out of all the songs in the episode, I have to say that Tina's rendition of 'I kissed a girl' was the most impressive and memorable to me. Jenna can really sing, and it's a pity how little she got to do that on Glee.

I really wanted to like 'Popular' but there was not enough of Kurt in it. Nice Hummelberry harmonies though.
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 3/22/2015, 12:24 pm

iTunes:

Top 1500
49. I Lived
71. This Time
240. Popular

309. Daydream Believer
609. Someday We'll Be Together
673. Teach Your Children
762. The Winner Takes It All
896. Don't Stop Believin' (Vol. 1)
1167. I'm His Child

I think the songs of the finale have reached their peak: it seems they are going down again.
It's nice to see the original DSB on the charts again. neutre

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing on 3/22/2015, 6:27 pm

The hair was terrible here but it allowed us to zero in on that impeccable bone structure and luminous skin. He's really too beautiful for words.

Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 3/22/2015, 8:03 pm

all i can say is that the food looks horrible. Smile
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 3/22/2015, 8:55 pm

I've finally been able to find the time to write down my thoughts on the last 2 episodes of Glee. These episodes showed exactly why Glee was so good once but also why it went down the crapper so spectacular.
I enjoyed ‘2009’ for the most part (except for a few nitpicks). The 'kid' actors were doing their best (Amber improved so much!) despite them obviously being so much older now, and it focused on the characters I fell in love with these many years ago. They were quite careful with the original concept/material, and ending it with the original Pilot's ending was a very nice touch, with Finn being there and all. ‘Dreams Come True’ however was a mess and I’m sure Ryan, Brad and Ian pulled several muscles while they were padding themselves on the back in their self congratulatory writing ego trip.

Although there wasn’t much new happening in ‘2009’ this episode provided some background stuff that explained the characters and why they did what they did back then more, and it brought back the old season 1 feelings. So to have that throwback to the beginning of Glee at the very end of the series was sweet.

- I’d forgotten how terrible Terri was (and how awesome Jessalyn is), and how she kept Will small. Their relationship was so fucked up, but interesting and often funny to see how it blow up in season 1.
- Rachel said that she was the only one in Sandy’s former glee club, but in the Director’s Cut of the Pilot it was shown that Mercedes, Tina and Kurt were in it too. I guess it being the Director’s Cut doesn’t make that canon, but still.
- When Rachel started to talk/sing ‘Popular’ it almost seemed to me like her voice was dubbed and she was lipsynching, that’s how much I felt Lea was imitating Kristin Chenoweth in the recording of that song.
- So Artie and Tina basically were bullying Rachel and Kurt too before glee club was formed. I really didn’t need to know that, and found them auditioning for Glee on a dare strange, as they clearly enjoyed glee club from the start.
- I understood why Kurt would be the one most hesitant to have Finn in the glee club, even though he had a crush on him. Finn was one of his bullies after all, and he was also right in thinking that once Finn joined it would bring other jocks and cheerleaders into the safe haven of the choir room.
- It was clearly fan service, but I found the Blaine cameo unnecessary and completely out of sync with the rest of the episode. ‘2009’ was a sort of tribute and throwback to the Pilot, with a lot of the season 1 characters in it, and it was jarring to see someone in it who joined in season 2.

- So Rachel got all the solos over Mercedes because she was the most pathetic? I don’t know who this is the most insulting to, and how it messed up their character's world view the most: Mercedes or Rachel?
Going by the rest of season 6 and a large part of season 5 I’d say Rachel.
- But really, I hate the meta middle finger from RIB here: their justification for Rachel getting all the solos is that “she needed it more”. It's pathetic alright, but not the way they meant it in the episode. And how they had Mercedes' mom(?) say that it only made the WOC stronger to be neglected and considered less than the white girl by their teacher (who should know better). Fuck that.
- Talking about Mr. Shue: Puck and Karofsky throw a slushie in Rachel’s face right in front of Will and he does nothing? Worst.Teacher.Ever. Also for not considering Artie or Kurt worthy of having solos as leading men (and for basically doing what Rachel demands). And we all know Will promising the original 5 that they would divide the solos was a big fat lie (although he probably believed it himself). Which made all the praise of Will in the last episode so ironic and false ringing.

‘2009’ wasn't a perfect episode, and it drilled home some injustices to characters that may not have been the writers' plan from the start but which did have their roots in the real Pilot and then were continued over the seasons. But I loved the feeling of being back in season 1 again, when I fell in love with this show and its characters. They should have made it the actual show’s final episode imo.

As this is getting long already I’ll make a new post about ‘Dreams Come True’. Smile

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 3/22/2015, 8:56 pm

The final episode of Glee was a mess. Glee didn't end with a bang, it didn't even end with a whimper. It just.....ended.
The only time I teared up was when I saw the honest sentimental reactions of the The Glee cast (not so much the characters) in the ‘Teach Your Children Well’ scene, as we know that was the last scene they filmed, and I mentally said goodbye to them at that moment.

The last scene however didn’t make me feel anything all, and I rolled my eyes repeatedly during the episode everytime RIB waved their magic wand and shook fairy dust into the air to bestow yet another big win or succesful career on one of the characters. It all felt undeserved, rushed and silly fanfic wish fullfilment. The flash forwards were hollow as we saw nothing of the actual work and struggles that brought the characters to what they have 5 years from now. There was nothing authentic or remotely heartwarming about it, and it was all tell but no show.
I didn’t care about Rachel winning her Tony, and all the cute kids in the world can’t hide that in no way Klaine would be happily married 5 years from now. The surrogate mom thing was one of the most WTF?! things Glee has ever done and that’s saying something. And seeing them all get ogether in the future to cheer Rachel on felt awkward and forced, as none of the other characters got much if any closure or focus at all.

The Sue/Klaine scene was so awkward (even ignoring Klaine thanking Sue for locking them up and stalking them) and full of meta. Out of the blue Sue tells Kurt evusively how his high school struggles and bravery changed her life, and then Blaine gets at least 2 character based digs within a few seconds. But the writers themselves created Blaine and wrote him that way, including him living together with Kurt’s former bully, and they deliberately pushed Kurt to the background and made him seem less in favor of Blaine for years!
And yet in their last episode they acknowledge (through Sue) how iconic Kurt was for the LGBTQ community and Glee. They probably wanted to bask in the critical acclaim some of Kurt’s storylines got one last time, but seeing how they treated Kurt in later seasons it all seemed very weird and hypocritical. I wonder what BTS shenanigans caused that last moment turn around.

And talking about hypocritical: all the emphasis on the school of arts and the importance of Will and the glee club at McKinley felt unearned too, and not only because Will wasn’t always such a great teacher (although in my headcanon he has bettered his ways 5 years from now). It was the writers using the sledgehammer again and pretending that season 6 was actually about arts education as they stated at the beginning of the season, when time and time again they showed disdain for the real teachers out there (with actual degrees and semester long lesson plans!), and were blatantly ignorant to (or simply unwilling to learn) how real choirs, performing art colleges (like NYADA) or schools in general are actually run and handled.
As a choir director and music teacher myself this irked me at times throughout the series, but RIB said it would be an 'important!' arc in the last season but then never took the trouble to show anything decent or remotely realistic when it comes to teaching the arts (like making college drop-out kids and even no-college, football assistant Sam the new choir directors!), and that seriously bugged me.

- The scene at Mr. Shue’s house, with all the kids running around in front of the tv, reminded me of Terri’s sister Kendra and her brats.
- I admit I laughed when Sue kicked over piano Brad’s stool and he fell. That was so random, lol.
- Why would they cut all the sports teams in an arts school? There must be kids who like both singing and sports? And so Beiste lost his job after Will became principal?
- Rachel’s and Mercedes’ solo songs were oddly placed in the episode and didn’t make much sense to me: they were clearly only there to make them sing one last time. As we already had multiple solos from these 2 this season I would have preferred one or 2 little small group numbers, like from the original season 1 group or any other McKinley group really.
- The lyrics distribution and where the characters stood and entered the stage in the final song was completely messed up.

I won’t miss the Glee that was presented to me in its final hour, and I will never watch another Ryan Murphy/Brad Falchuk show again. But I will miss most of the characters (especially the ones from the first season), the songs, and mostly the dynamic of the cast. They worked hard on Glee and deserve all the praise they got, and I wish them well in their future jobs.

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  dimpledchris on 3/22/2015, 11:35 pm

Glorfindel wrote:Although there wasn’t much new happening in ‘2009’ this episode provided some background stuff that explained the characters and why they did what they did back then more, and it brought back the old season 1 feelings. So to have that throwback to the beginning of Glee at the very end of the series was sweet.
‘2009’ wasn't a perfect episode, and it drilled home some injustices to characters that may not have been the writers' plan from the start but which did have their roots in the real Pilot and then were continued over the seasons. But I loved the feeling of being back in season 1 again, when I fell in love with this show and its characters. They should have made it the actual show’s final episode imo.

I thought the same thing, that 2009 was strong enough to have been the final episode instead of ‘Dreams Come True’. For me 2009 was the best episode of the whole season, as it was a nod to the show that people remembered and loved. Too little, too late (and Kurt was so sweet but very meek, less confident than he really was in S1, it was jarring to watch those Kurt bits), but I liked it nonetheless.

Glorfindel wrote:The final episode of Glee was a mess. Glee didn't end with a bang, it didn't even end with a whimper. It just.....ended.
The only time I teared up was when I saw the honest sentimental reactions of the The Glee cast (not so much the characters) in the ‘Teach Your Children Well’ scene, as we know that was the last scene they filmed, and I mentally said goodbye to them at that moment.
The last scene however didn’t make me feel anything all, and I rolled my eyes repeatedly during the episode everytime RIB waved their magic wand and shook fairy dust into the air to bestow yet another big win or succesful career on one of the characters. It all felt undeserved, rushed and silly fanfic wish fullfilment. The flash forwards were hollow as we saw nothing of the actual work and struggles that brought the characters to what they have 5 years from now. There was nothing authentic or remotely heartwarming about it, and it was all tell but no show.
brisallie wrote:As for the "actual" finale, the ideas came from a fanfic? Everything was so perfectly unrealistic and in cases like Rachel's Tony so predictable. Though,as someone mentioned before,klaine was the most realistic. But wow in five years Sue,Will,Rachel,Kurt,Blaine and Mercedes (wasnt mentioned,but I bet she is a huge star now) got the biggest recognition. And not only that, but the episode itselt was rushed up for me.  Anyway,is sad they were able to do something as good as 2009,but the following episode,wasn't.

Same. I really liked “Teach Your Children” but the impact of watching it during the episode was a bit dulled for me because the show released the performance early and I spoiled myself watching it the day before. The ending itself-- the time jump to 5 years later—felt so rushed and written at the very last minute. The show tried to tie whatever loose ends they saw, with the ideas ranging from annoying to downright absurd. Insert: “But it’s Glee!”.gif here.

dimpledchris
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://dimpledchris.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 3/22/2015, 11:36 pm

I appreciate Glee coming into my life and yet it was clearly time to go.

"Daydream Believer" Kurt/Chris looked so nice and the character was happy so there's that.
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  dimpledchris on 3/22/2015, 11:37 pm

ChrisColferFan1 wrote:Just watched 'Dreams Come True." Doubt I will watch that episode again. Did not care for it at all. One good think is at least Kurt did not just ended up being a househusband and he and Blaine appear to be equals. But I wish They have given him his own success that did not involved Blaine.
Ireth wrote:Dreams Come True was unrealistic and cliched, but I didn't mind Kurt's flashforward. I was already resigned to them being together, and I was suspecting that it would be Kurt and Blaine's baby, so no disappointment for me. Kurt is successful and seems happy, so I'm happy for that, and I can have my own headcanons. I also found Daydream Believer cute because Kurt/Chris with kids = adorable.
With the way the show/writers treated Kurt this final season, I wasn’t surprised that Kurt’s future didn’t mention anything he accomplished by himself. As I mentioned before, I found it nice that he still championed LGBTQ rights and would still be performing in the future, and he seemed happ(il)y (married too). Still sad about Kurt not being noted as an individual, but yeah, I am not surprised. Watched the scenes with a sort of detached air, but I really cooed during Daydream Believer (I really like kids, and everyone was cute in this scene).

Ranwing wrote:It would have been much better for the series to have ended with 2009 which was the stronger of the two episodes by a long shot. We already knew what direction everyone was heading in. Kurt and Rachel to NYADA (and both to a stage career), Blaine to NYU (and to a performance career of his own). Sam would likely be a teacher of some kind (even though he had no college degree and no interest in pursuing one). Artie would be a director. Mercedes a recording artist. Everyone (except Tina) was pretty much accounted for. We didnt' need to see them rise to epic levels of success that reached a point where even being willing to suspend disbelief was impossible.
Same. I couldn’t help being a disappointed with the final episode, and I sincerely wished they didn’t show a time skip at all. The Glee fandom could have done a better and more believable job with making a future for the characters (as it has done for so many years now). “Teach Your Children” and then Sue renaming the auditorium, then “I Lived” would have been an okay ending. There was little need for Rachel Berry winning the Tony over Dame Maggie Smith (loool) or Sue being VP (that was really unfunny, I rolled my eyes so hard my head ached).
dimpledchris
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  dimpledchris on 3/22/2015, 11:38 pm

Buenos wrote:I appreciate Glee coming into my life and yet it was clearly time to go.

Same here. It’s so jarring seeing the reactions to the finale from different sides of the fandom. I saw a post that said:”Dear How I Met Your Mother, this is how you do a finale” or something similarly worded, and I raised my eyebrow at that, like, really? Most of the people I follow keep posting quotes from media articles and people stating relief that the show had finally ended because it was really way past its prime.

I felt more nostalgia seeing gifsets and headcanons and “thank you Glee” posts than watching 6x13. This fandom has really talented people, and aside from being really excited about Chris’ career and future projects, I’m looking forward to seeing how the Kurtsies make the most of Glee ending Smile
dimpledchris
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 3/23/2015, 3:22 am

“Glee has spent the last few seasons acutely focused on all the ways it got better for Kurt – the strong relationship he has with Burt, the acceptance of his peers at NYADA, the chance to live in a big city and work with incredible people, and the simple fact that he’s legally married to another man. Glee club saved Kurt, and in turn, Kurt became a beacon of hope for LGBT kids all over the world. But it’s profoundly important for us to remember that Kurt needed saving to begin with, and there are scores of kids just like him who still do, too. I’m glad Glee was able to sneak in one final reminder of that.”
— VULTURE (via dailychriscolfer)

Kurt is one of the most realistic characters ever created.
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 4/12/2015, 4:58 am

@Harparbar Post #GleeFinale, BTS f/ #2009.@msleamichele @druidDUDE @chriscolfer @MsAmberPRiley Let’s all go back in time.

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls on 4/16/2015, 11:16 am

Looks like there were some cut lines from Dreams come true:

Jellyrolls--Chris Colfer Forum Administrator

Kurt: "I can't help but pull focus. Sorry." So Kurt. So Chris. So Perfect
RIB--The Greenest Showrunners in Hollywood--Recycling Storylines Since 2011!
For one minute of his life, I had Chris Colfer's attention. It was a great minute.
Blarrenstans are the reason we can't have nice things.
What's shakin', bacon? Kadam forever!
@huggingunicorns @ColferFanForum I think you two are the heads of the
Adam Crawford appreciation society! Ha!--Tweeted by @olliekjones on 4/2/13

Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls on 4/16/2015, 11:18 am

Last edited by Jellyrolls on 4/16/2015, 12:38 pm; edited 2 times in total

For one minute of his life, I had Chris Colfer's attention. It was a great minute.

Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls on 4/16/2015, 11:24 am

source

ETA: The second page. Didn't realize it was two separate images.

Last edited by Jellyrolls on 4/16/2015, 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing on 4/16/2015, 12:12 pm

If I thought that the series finale couldn't get more trite, the show finds a few more ways to surprise me. Everyone gets the golden future! Not that I'm going to complain about Kurt winning an Obie (which is the Village Voice theater award for off-Broadway productions and holds a certain measure of prestige) which is a lot more realistic than anyone being nominated for a Grammy or a Tony at this stage (still basically at the beginning of their professional careers). But most of it really reads like empty wish fulfillment. Everyone wins! Even Bieste goes on to become a coach for a professional football team (where he states that he never was considered while he was still a woman and just cements the awful message that butch girls will never find love or success).

And the second page of the Klaine/St. Berry scene, where we get the answer about who's the biological father is (up in the air because they "mixed the spermies together" - cannot believe they wanted Kurt to say this) was especially stomach churning.

The only scene that had any kind of real emotional impact were, of course, the cut Hummelberry scene. Nice of them to have a moment to look back since both of them had the most profound journeys and see how far they've come and acknowledge both their friendship and rivalry. So of course, we have to lose that.

My new motto for Glee.... "Never Fails to Disappoint".

Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top