Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6x07 "Transitioning" Watch & Discussion thread

+11
valkeakuulas
Glorfindel
Ireth
ChrisColfersLightning
Buenos
Divalicious
brisallie
dimpledchris
ChrisColferFan1
Ranwing
tanita_mors
15 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

What did you think of the episode ?

6x07 "Transitioning" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%6x07 "Transitioning" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
6x07 "Transitioning" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%6x07 "Transitioning" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
6x07 "Transitioning" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap17%6x07 "Transitioning" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 1 ]
6x07 "Transitioning" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap17%6x07 "Transitioning" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
6x07 "Transitioning" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap33%6x07 "Transitioning" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 2 ]
6x07 "Transitioning" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap33%6x07 "Transitioning" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 6

6x07 "Transitioning" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Empty Re: 6x07 "Transitioning" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  dimpledchris 2/14/2015, 2:16 am

^No problem, sucks for Dave Karofsky though. At least Max has other projects going on, even if Karofsky was under-utilised.

Buenos wrote:God, Kurt looks gorgeous in this episode.

Too true. I can't wait for all the Kurt edits that will come out from this episode. Chris has the best facial expressions.

On another note, it's sort of hilarious that most of the Klainers are angry at Walter for existing. I thought the choir room scene was cute. Walter's such a fun and harmless character, I want more scenes with him tbh.
dimpledchris
dimpledchris
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://dimpledchris.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

6x07 "Transitioning" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Empty Re: 6x07 "Transitioning" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  brisallie 2/14/2015, 2:52 am

Not matter what a sweetheart is the guy dating Kurt, klainers will always think that man is awful. The same happened with Adam.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 2/14/2015, 3:02 am

brisallie wrote:Not matter what a sweetheart is the guy dating Kurt, klainers will always think that man is awful. The same happened with Adam.

Very true, Especially the Rabid ones. Are they any nice Klainers left? I doubt it.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColfersLightning 2/14/2015, 5:52 am

I heard all over my tumblr what happened to Kurt. I will always love seasons 1-5 Kurt but I supose it is time to say goodbye from me before the Kledding. :( Will love to talk about Chris all day long though, can't wait for Noel and his other future projects!  crycry  Good Bye Kurt Hummel, you will be forever in my heart and surely is missed!

ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColfersLightning
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 2/14/2015, 7:08 am

I laughed at Glee breaking the fourth wall with Kurt saying he can't call Mr Schue Will.

Kurt was so adorable during Somebody Loves You and All About The Bass.

And Blaine got away with cheating on his boyfriend, and that boyfriend graciously gave him permission to pursue Kurt...ugh I feel bad for Max for what they've given him this season. Glad to see Walter and Kurt going on a date, Kurt not wanting to get back with Blaine at the end of the ep (even though he'll change his mind next ep) and Walter not caring about Blaine.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 2/14/2015, 2:27 pm

Ireth wrote:I laughed at Glee breaking the fourth wall with Kurt saying he can't call Mr Schue Will.

Haha Do you believe was a reference to Chris's boyfriend? I didn't see like that. 

As for klainers,I've seen nice people among them,and back in season 4 they said Adam and Kurt had more chemistry as friends. But just that.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/14/2015, 3:33 pm

ChrisColferFan1 wrote:Is the episode wroth watching? Or should I delete it from my DVR?
I thought it one of the better episodes of season 6 so far. Not that it was good, mind you, but it was okay, mainly because it focused on the better characters/actors (minus Blaine/Darren of course), with e.g. Will/Matt getting a lot of scenes.
And though the Beiste transitioning storyline is bogus in itself Dot-Marie sold it convincingly, and Alex was simply amazing. Lots of cute and sexy Kurt in the episode too.

Even Blaine was kind of fun to watch this episode because he got so terribly trolled at the end of the episode, when Kurt went out with Walter. Razz

dimpledchris wrote:On another note, it's sort of hilarious that most of the Klainers are angry at Walter for existing. I thought the choir room scene was cute. Walter's such a fun and harmless character, I want more scenes with him tbh.
Of course they are angry at Walter. Are any of them even acknowledging that Blaine cheated again? Rolling Eyes

Or are they just feeling so sorry for poor bb Blaine that he got his little heart broken again? (And I bet some of them are blaming Kurt for that as well, making him the bad guy here.)

Ratings are out: 0.6 with 1.85 million viewers.
A little up from last week, but not so much, and this while Beiste's storyline was promoted a lot in the media.

Oh, and here's the Kurt edit: link.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/14/2015, 3:36 pm

My 'review' of the episode:

The Will and Vocal Adrenaline storyline was the most enjoyable of this episode. I like Will when he’s in true teacher mode. His conflict with the VA kids was a bit too black & white for my liking, but it was entertaining and kept true to the VA being the ultimate ND rivals. I wished they had done more with Unique being a VA alumni, as she didn’t part with that school in very good terms, nor with McKinley for that matter.
But yay! for Emma being back and giving good advice and support. If they had focused more on Will and Emma during seasons 3 and 4, and made them and the other adults the anchors of the show, then maybe the revolving door option would have been viable for Glee.
I also liked seeing Will, Rachel and Kurt working together. But lol, ND seems to have more 'alumni' coaches than members most of the time, and they still don’t really talk to and know the kids. Those constant jokes and jibes are getting quite old and redundant imo.

Seriously Rachel, grow up. I understand her being bumbed about her old house being sold, but she shouldn’t have silenced Sam when he rightfully brought up that he was homeless for a while and his family then had to move to another state because of his dad getting a job there (where Sam even became an underaged stripper to support them). Glee proves once again that noone’s woes on the show count except Rachel’s. And really, another Rachel intervention? Even the writers know how ridiculous this is as they poke fun at it as they have the new ND kids and even Mercedes commenting on it. And I would probably even laugh a bit at this meta if it wasn’t so frustrating to see Rachel propped up and getting pampered all the time (tbf: often without her asking for it) while I’d hoped she would pick herself up for a change, as season 6 was supposed to be about her redeeming herself. This could have actually been the ideal moment for Rachel to stand up and refuse her friends’ help, telling everyone they need to focus on ND and Sectionals now, not her. Missed opportunity, like so many on Glee.

The party in Rachel’s basement was fun. It’s good to see the characters (actors?) interact with one another in a more natural manner. These background moments were where a lot of the famous original cast chemistry came from and how friendships and even relationships were hinted and initiated by the cast that eventually became canon.
And speaking of that: notice that ‘soulmates’ Kurt and Blaine didn’t even look at each other once nor seemed to notice the other one dancing close by at all during ‘All About That Bass’. But we're to believe that their chemistry is legendary.

Why were there no Finn pictures on Rachel’s wall? Including Finn in the scene where Rachel is packing up the pictures from the wall in her bedroom with her old ND friends would only have been logical, and it would have added some extra sadness and reflection to the situation. But the writers chose not to, when in other episodes they had no problem pulling out the Finn sentiment card to make it part of a plot point (like when Rachel asked Mr. Shue to go easy on the new ND).
And I can’t think of any other reason for this than Glee wanting to shove down our throats that Sam is now the one and only true love for Rachel. Which is quite ironic, as showing an old boyfriend, one who is gone forever and no threat anymore, is apparently still considered too much of a risk by the writers for the new epic love of Rachel that they’d rather erase him completely. Previous strong feelings over losing a friend/lover/brother of the characters in the show (and in this case sadly also the harsh reality outside of the show) be damned.

So Blaine cheated AGAIN, and actually inititated it too without any serious prompting or response from Kurt (so not a dubious forced kiss in a locked elevator). How many times did he cheat now? I guess it depends on your definition of cheating, but Blaine's definitely in canon a multiple offender now. And again he didn’t tell his boyfriend about it, untill his boyfriend brought it up himself.
Also: “I sung a duet with Kurt, it was Rachel’s idea”. That’s not what happened at all, it was Kurt’s idea, and Blaine knew he was in for trouble the moment he asked Kurt not to tell Dave about it. But I can’t really hold this against Blaine, when even the writer can’t remember what he himself wrote in the same damn episode.
But ugh, at Dave giving Blaine his blessing, because nothing can stop Klaine's epic endgame train. Max did a good job though: I actually can understand Dave better and sympathise with him a lot more than with Blaine because of the good acting of Max. He managed to convey more of Dave’s genuine feelings for Blaine in one scene than I got from Darren (feelings of Blaine about Dave and Kurt) in the whole season so far.

And why is Blaine constantly at McKinley? (Besides the writers forcing him in every scene and song there.) Doesn’t he have a job in another town? When it comes to Klaine, who’s hanging on to and around who here? Did the previous episode leave it ambiguous (as their kiss was forced by Sue), it was now clear that before Blaine actually physically cheated on Dave by kissing Kurt, he was already cheating on him emotionally for a while. At least Kurt backed off when he found out that Blaine was with someone else, and even after Blaine kissed him he seemed to be still willing to move on, as he is still under the impression Blaine is taken. But on Glee the message is that cheating is okay when you do it with your soulmate. Bah.
It seemed to me (partly because of Darren’s acting choices) that Blaine was ultimately more upset over not getting Kurt back right away than he was over breaking up with someone he was living and having sex with for months, someone he surely had to care for too on some level. And still I’m supposed to feel sorry for him when he’s then cock-blocked by Walter of all people? Lol, I thought that scene was funnier than probably intended.

Why is Mercedes still at McKinley? Or Artie? Glee's not even trying to give anyone of the originals who isn’t Rachel a storyline of their own anymore, are they? (I don’t consider Klaine getting back together a Kurt storyline)
Btw: am I the only Kurtsie who felt a bit trolled when Kurt’s spin of the wheel of fortune landed on Artie but Kurt then pushed it to Blaine? I mean, it’s not a secret that a lot of people have been wanting a Kartie duet for a long time, and/or basically want Kurt to duet with anyone else but Blaine (and Rachel). And now Kurt himself forces another Klaine duet when we could have gotten Kartie.
Or maybe this show is finally getting to my sanity, idk.

Although I’m still against retconning who Beiste was in previous seasons, and the actual physical transition and recovery happened way too fast to be believable, I admit I shed a tear when Unique and the transgender choir was singing ‘I Know Where I’ve Been’. It was clearly a last attempt of  Glee/RIB to get media attention and some more critical acclaim for showing LGBTQIA+ issues, but it was touching nonetheless. And Alex Newell totally owned that song, amazing.
Standing there on stage with so many people with similar experiences must have meant something for those 300 transgender people who were there in that choir, so there’s that. I still don’t like the retconning, and I actually loathe how RIB use these people to jump on the transgender media bandwagon of the moment, but we got that lovely scene out of it and some  representation for a minority that deserves to be heard and seen on national television.

All in all I actually liked this episode for the most part? And feeling the need to add a questionmark to that statement tells me I wasn’t expecting that from Glee anymore, so…achievement? 
There were a few WTF moments and things I disagreed with (Rachel being woe-is-me again, the erasing of Finn, Beiste transitioning, Blaine cheating again yet we’re to believe he’s such a catch), but the storylines were okay for the most part and the majority of the scenes were carried by the better actors, like Matt, Jayma, Jane, Dot-Marie, Lea, Chris, Max, and even Chord was acceptable (he always does better when matched with better actors).

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/14/2015, 5:18 pm

NGL I loved Walter's snark.

He burned Sue last week (how old are you?) and his "neat bow tie" to Blaine was so condescending. (An adult talking to a child)

PLus I loved how in the Gleeverse Samchel had no problem going out with Walter/Kurt on a double date.

Next week I fully expect the show to turn Walter (like Karofsky this week) into a shipping Klainer but meanwhile I'm going to enjoy Kurt going out with him, and fucking like rabbits while discussion Broadway flops.

Kurt has been consistent to his character (as has Blaine for that matter) he wouldn't try to break up Blainofsky because they are in a committed relationship, despite obviously having feelings for Blaine. The Klainers are very upset that Kurt isn't pinining for Blaine 24/7 but it seems Kurt is trying to get on with his life.

Kurt as portrayed by Chris has such weight and prescense that I am going to miss seeing him on my screen. His dance moves were so adorable.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 2/14/2015, 5:25 pm

Obviously nothing has to make sense. I pretty much focused only when Kurt was on and tuned out for the rest of it. I hate now that it's official that Kurt is only a support beam for Blaine and that they've made his character the most irrational of them all. In my mind he no longer has any consistancy left, because everything depends on Blaine's storyline.

I was so mad they denied us a Kartie duet because Bland has to be inserted into Kurt's life. I bet it's difficult for Chris  to make his acting choices.

And yes indeed it's also so obvious they irrationally throw Blaine at McKinley because othervise he...well should have no reason to be there.

I have no idea what body snatchers are getting to Kurt in between this episode and the next to make him even consider or even get married to Blaine. I cannot even see him agreeing to getting engaged again.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/14/2015, 6:19 pm

I just looked around a bit on tumblr, and sure enough the Klainers are blaming Kurt for not being more sensitive to Blaine in that scene when Blaine came to McKinley to get Kurt back.
They think Kurt is playing a game with Blaine, and they squarely lay the blame on Kurt for them not talking about that kiss that Blaine forced(!) on Kurt, when Kurt left to have a date with Walter instead.

They're also pissed that Kurt is doing nothing to get Blaine back, not even after that kiss. When this time, according to them, it needed to be Kurt who did the begging and grovelling.
Why am I not surprised?  Rolling Eyes

There's also a lot of crying over "poor Blaine", because he didn't get Kurt back right away. But I saw nothing, NOTHING from the Klainers about Blaine's cheating on Dave. dryy
They of course just ignore that, as they are too busy blaming Kurt for everything Klaine, and fapping over yet another forced kiss.

Last edited by Glorfindel on 2/14/2015, 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 2/14/2015, 6:25 pm

Did my review on Tumblr. Think that I covered all the bases...

This is the kind of Glee episode that has me frustrated. Where you get that little glimmer of good characters and engaging moments that make you want to kep watching, but it’s all buried under a deluge of raw sewage that makes you start questioning your life choices (the first being why you are spending a Friday evening watching this when you could be doing something more beneficial, like cleaning my cat’s litter box).

Most of the major characters got big storylines that focused on major shifts in their lives, good and bad. But there was an enormous difference in how successfully these stories played out and whether it meant growth and renewal, or moving backwards.

Will - There is no question that Will has not been happy coaching Vocal Adrenaline. He doesn’t click with the choir culture of win at all costs and misses the closeness that he shared with his old choir. The kids of VA aren’t cute and cuddly, and they don’t give a crap about the life lessons that he tries to instill in them. They aren’t interested in being better people - they’re only interested in winning. And Will is torn because while he genuinely hates these kids and the culture at Carmel, he likes the professional prestige and perks. And now with a family to support, he’s torn between doing what benefits his family financially and what satisfies him emotionally.

Going back to McKinley (and the path will soon be cleared for him to resume his job as coach for ND since Rachel and Kurt will eventually be returning to NY) might seem like moving backwards for Will, but he was able figure out what was really important in his life. Material things end up not mattering quite so much when everything else in your life makes you miserable. So Will might be moving backwards professionally, but he’s moving forward emotionally. He would hardly be the last person to make the decision that it’s better to earn less and really love what they do. This is something that Will has struggled with for quite a while so it’s nice to see him recognizing what really makes him happy and having the strength to take steps towards it. Sometimes moving backwards is moving forward in reality.

Rachel - If there is a character badly needing to grow up and move forward, it is Rachel. Despite all her accomplishments and losses, she has existed in a perpetual childhood that sets her apart from her more mature peers. Coddled and protected, she now faces the loss of her last trapping of childhood - the home she grew up in. A sad situation (especially since it is brought about by her fathers divorce), but not the grand tragedy that she paints it as. And comparing how Rachel handles this relatively minor road bump in life to how others have handled their own great traumas really shows just how childish Rachel is. Sam tries to put things into perspective by recounting how his own childhood home was lost, but Rachel will hear none of this - not when it might defuse her self-indulgent pity party. And her friends, again, feel obligated to ride to her rescue.

At the party, Rachel seems to be in better spirits (as she always is when she’s being indulged) and embraces her feelings for Sam. She ends the episode moving forward, but only because others (again) are there to carry her. It’s becoming clear that Rachel seems doomed to remain an eternal child because she refuses to grow on her own. She will always need others to do the hard work for her.

As a note - her past with Finn, the man who she loved and wanted to spend her life with was strangely absent from her Wall of Memories. In an effort to make her new relationship with Finn 2.0 stick, the show seems to have completely expunged her relationship with Finn. Given that taking up with Sam is supposed to be about Rachel finally being ready to move on and find love again, it’s completely distasteful and disrespectful of Finn’s memory and place in Rachel’s life to erase him in this manner.

Kurt - Kurt is, like others, caught in a limbo and torn between past and present and while the writing is on the wall that he will reconcile with Blaine, he’s not content to wait for Blaine to come around. Sure, he’ll stage little moments that allow an excuse for them to interact, but he’s not pushing Blaine to make any choices that he’s not prepared to make. He’s also enjoying his time with Walter, finding in him a companion and friend. He hopes for the best with Blaine, but he’s reached the point where he’s not willing to put his entire life on hold.

His behavior at Rachel’s party is interesting in that he really didn’t interact with Blaine at all. He didn’t use Mercedes’s number to flirt and during his duet, he barely glanced at Blaine. He was totally into performing and any interaction with Blaine felt more like performance than actual attempt to entice him. And even after Blaine kissed him, Kurt wasn’t exactly content to immediately fall into line. He had a date planned with Walter and wasn’t dropping him just because Blaine finally came around. There’s no question that he and Blaine will end up back together (because the writers are hacks), but Kurt will do things when he’s good and ready.

And a note - Thank you again to the Glee costuming department for doing right by Kurt this week. He looked amazing this week, but those burgundy pants that were vacuum sealed to Kurt’s ass that he wore for his date with Walter… that did my heart good.

Blaine - Again, we get a week where it’s hard for Blaine to come out looking like a good person. He is in a committed relationship and has thus far, shown no inclination of giving it up to get back together with Kurt. There have been no mixed signals or moments when it looked like he was questioning his decisions. But all it takes is Kurt not completely hanging on Blaine to respark Blaine’s interest. And kissing Kurt after constantly using his relationship with Dave as a shield to push Kurt away continues the longstanding impression of Blaine being shallow and fickle. With no build up to explain why this particular moment was would be the one where he gives into his lingering feelings for Kurt.

And there is no escaping the fact that Blaine was again cheating on someone that he as in a committed relationship with. It doesn’t matter that Kurt is his “soul mate” - that just gets trotted out as an excuse to justify him cheating on someone who had a right to expect fidelity. It’s telling that Dave fully expected that Blaine would be the one to initiate anything between him and Kurt (because for all his flaws, Kurt has made it clear that he wasn’t going to try to break up Dave and Blaine). Blaine’s lack of ability to stay faithful in a relationship has not improved and shows that he has not grown emotionally at all since he and Kurt broke up.

Beiste - I’ve made it clear that I am still deeply opposed to Beiste being made transgender because it totally disregards the character’s storyline (that of a woman who might not be feminine but is still very much a woman), but it is saved entirely due to Dot’s amazing acting. She sold what is (to me) a totally illogical storyline and made it work far better than it had any right to. Sheldon’s journey might be one that went totally off the map, but seeing someone arrive at an endpoint where they are happy and at peace with themselves is always a pleasure to watch.

There were some other great moments that showed growth and moving forward. Spencer accepting his identity as a gay man and having a place in the LGBTQ community by coming to Beiste’s defence (and then prancing about at the party in a pink tutu and cowboy hat). Kitty taking ownership of her role as head girl of ND, and providing the bridge between the old characters and the new noobs. It’s just barely enough to keep me watching this mess. That and Kurt.
x
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  lilypaperclips 2/14/2015, 8:16 pm

When Blaine kissed Kurt, I think it was Blaine's responsibility to speak up. Why? Blaine is the one in the committed relationship.

While I found the whole duet wheel business with Kurt a bit confusing, I am willing to let it pass because I think he would still be struggling emotionally with moving on from Blaine. I think the talk with Britney woke Kurt up to move on and moving on is hard to do especially with meddling third parties and continued proximity with your ex. Why is Blaine at Mckinly?

But Blaine asks Kurt not to mention their duet. Red flag. I can't give him a pass for that. He is obviously in conflict and continues until he kisses Kurt. Blaine is the one that had to speak.

What I will say is there should have been a scene where they laid their cards on the table. I think Blaine had the responsibility to initiate that type of talk after the kiss. Alternatively, Kurt had a right to ask Blaine what was going on because Blaine kissed him and Blaine is the one in the relationship. But I don't blame him for not doing it because I genuinely feel Kurt is trying to move on and that to me is confirmed by his continuing with his date plans with Walter.
lilypaperclips
lilypaperclips
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  dimpledchris 2/14/2015, 8:36 pm

Ranwing wrote:If there is a character badly needing to grow up and move forward, it is Rachel. Despite all her accomplishments and losses, she has existed in a perpetual childhood that sets her apart from her more mature peers. Coddled and protected, she now faces the loss of her last trapping of childhood - the home she grew up in. A sad situation (especially since it is brought about by her fathers divorce), but not the grand tragedy that she paints it as. And comparing how Rachel handles this relatively minor road bump in life to how others have handled their own great traumas really shows just how childish Rachel is.
Glorfindel wrote:And really, another Rachel intervention? Even the writers know how ridiculous this is as they poke fun at it as they have the new ND kids and even Mercedes commenting on it. And I would probably even laugh a bit at this meta if it wasn’t so frustrating to see Rachel propped up and getting pampered all the time (tbf: often without her asking for it) while I’d hoped she would pick herself up for a change, as season 6 was supposed to be about her redeeming herself.

This is why I can never fully appreciate Rachel. This is a character who's told Kurt to 'grow up' and be an adult in Bash, but most of the time she isn't really doing anything for or by herself to show that she is one.

Buenos wrote:NGL I loved Walter's snark.

He burned Sue last week (how old are you?) and his "neat bow tie" to Blaine was so condescending. (An adult talking to a child)

PLus I loved how in the Gleeverse Samchel had no problem going out with Walter/Kurt on a double date.

I was pleasantly surprised that Sam and Rachel were so accepting of Walter, tbh. That scene was really cute, with Sam and Rachel saying the things they had in common with Walter and mentioning that it was a double date.

Glorfindel wrote:I also liked seeing Will, Rachel and Kurt working together. But lol, ND seems to have more 'alumni' coaches than members most of the time, and they still don’t really talk to and know the kids. Those constant jokes and jibes are getting quite old and redundant imo.

True, though easing Schue back into coaching ND this way is going to be a smooth transition (ugh) at least. The joke about the new kids not being known is actually making the audience know them better (at least for me, I never bothered to get to know the other set of ND-- or maybe it's because they didn't share scenes with Chris, hehe).

Glorfindel wrote:Btw: am I the only Kurtsie who felt a bit trolled when Kurt’s spin of the wheel of fortune landed on Artie but Kurt then pushed it to Blaine? I mean, it’s not a secret that a lot of people have been wanting a Kartie duet for a long time, and/or basically want Kurt to duet with anyone else but Blaine (and Rachel). And now Kurt himself forces another Klaine duet when we could have gotten Kartie.
Or maybe this show is finally getting to my sanity, idk.
Ranwing wrote:And there is no escaping the fact that Blaine was again cheating on someone that he as in a committed relationship with. It doesn’t matter that Kurt is his “soul mate” - that just gets trotted out as an excuse to justify him cheating on someone who had a right to expect fidelity. It’s telling that Dave fully expected that Blaine would be the one to initiate anything between him and Kurt (because for all his flaws, Kurt has made it clear that he wasn’t going to try to break up Dave and Blaine). Blaine’s lack of ability to stay faithful in a relationship has not improved and shows that he has not grown emotionally at all since he and Kurt broke up.

Not having any hopes that we're going to get an explanation/in-depth talk from Blaine or any other character from this. The writers are so lazy with writing him, and I've given up reading Blaine stans and their justifications on why Blaine behaves the way he does. Whatever, I'm so over Blaine.

valkeakuulas wrote:I was so mad they denied us a Kartie duet because Bland has to be inserted into Kurt's life. I bet it's difficult for Chris  to make his acting choices.

I was laughing but also crying in frustration, like "REALLY? AN ABORTED KARTIE DUET WHY?" I adore Kevin's voice (might actually be my fave male voice), and it was cruel to tease that. I'm still sad/mad.

Overall, though, I liked this episode a whole lot more than the other episodes. Kurt was so cute in all the scenes that he was in, and since I've resigned myself to Kurt's fate for the rest of the season, his scenes with Blaine were mostly cute, too. Or maybe it was just them reminiscing about their earlier days, their lighthearted bantering wasn't as frustrating to watch as I thought.
dimpledchris
dimpledchris
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://dimpledchris.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/14/2015, 9:10 pm

I liked the the fact that Kurt kept his date with Walter.

The fact that both Rachel and Sam bonded with Walter on some level, and that he's obviously an interesting man and that Kurt is trying to move on.

That Kurt loves Blaine is not in doubt, but this Kurt won't break up a relationship, won't grovel and disapproved of Sue's scheming to get them them back together.
It was dissapointing that Blaine would be willing to cheat yet again on partner he's in a committed relationship with, but the show has so butchered his character it's more meh at this point.

It's interesting that Blaine keeps on bringing up (in this episode and last) Dave in the conversations with Kurt.  So I Like that Kurt basically said, "fuck this, I'm still going out with Harry Hamlin."
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 2/15/2015, 1:33 am

Having computer problems, so let's see how this goes.

Rachel's little delusional world-check.
Sam is oblivious-check
Sue likes to bully supposed teenagers-check (although this time she is justified, they are collectively a-holes)
The music wasn't bad, I liked Roderick and Mercedes duet, and it seemed there was a lot of fun to be had. The choir of LBGT was lovely, although I noted that when Schue was talking to the robots, that you couldn't hear them on stage interacting. I mean, 300 people in one little place make noise.
Kurt was gorgeous.
Blaine is a lucky idiot, who keeps finding guys that will put up with his idiocy. I mean Dave considers himself lucky that he got a few months with Blaine? What!?
Glad Kurt wasn't waiting by the phone, dreaming of Blaine's kiss.
Note that both Dave and Blaine like to steal Kurt kisses.
Nice seeing Emma
There was some nice shout outs to the past

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/15/2015, 5:32 am

I actually really liked this episode, it was one of the better written ones and was not offensive.

I loved all the music as well.

There some really good acting and the episode seemed to have a bit better pacing and flowed a tiny bit better.

Kurt is not pining for Blaine and as they are friends now, I think he just wanted to sing with him with no romantic intent was so ever.

Dot was just amazing.

I liked Will in this episode. Missed Emma and was glad to see her again.

After this episode I want to see ND with the Warblers, wipe the floor with VA, after what they did to Sheldon's car. :angry:

This is the first time this season that I actually care about other characters besides Kurt.

Rachel I will just skip as she didn't care that Sam was homeless that time. dryy 

It is inevitable Kurt and Rachel are heading back to New York, as Will said they are just passing through.

Once ND win Sectionals I can see Will getting his job back at McKinley, and Kurt and Rachel heading back to New York.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/15/2015, 9:24 am

Divalicious wrote:Note that both Dave and Blaine like to steal Kurt kisses. 
But there are no Klainers screaming "mouthrape" now. dryy
Nor are they even mentioning Blaine's 2nd/3rd/4th? cheating, btw.

All is fair and allowed when they're 'soulmates' and 'endgame', right?
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/16/2015, 2:58 pm

I think it's hilarious that the show wrote a fifty plus character to date Kurt to give it a definite end shelf like and "just no" factor but damn if the little they've given Kurt and Walter make it appear that even if it isn't an endgame romance, they might actually enjoy each others' company( and sex) in a good way.  It doesn't hurt that even an older Harry Hamlin still looks like a hot, older Harry Hamlin.  Razz

Walter lied but gave Kurt an out once they met, and Kurt seems attracted by Walter who is  a nice guy with more than  a bit of snark to amuse Kurt. 
The fact that Rachel and Sam go on a double date with Kurt/Walter amuses me no end.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/16/2015, 11:00 pm

iTunes charts:

Top 1500
505. Time After Time
510. Somebody Loves You
689. I Know Where I've Been
925. All About That Bass

The VA song and Will rapping in 'Same Love' didn't even make the top 1500 (rightly so imo).
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/17/2015, 12:28 am

Seems like iTunes sales took a bigger hit than the ratings this year. People just aren't buying the songs anymore (and I have to say that I have been amused by how poorly the songs with Blarren on them have been doing).
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/17/2015, 12:44 am

NGL..

Glee having Blaine cheat again is hilarious...

While I'm reconciled to Klaine getting married, I'm pleasantly surprised that Kurt is still Kurt, sarcastic, with a moral center, and the most attractive boy in Glee.
He's not such an asshole that he would try to break up Blainofsky, but God, what a moral coward Blaine is...making Karofsky break up with him. How convenient.

He's still Kurt, limited in screen time, but wry, defensive, loyal and give me the focus Kurt.

When he sang "somebody to love"  I fell in love with that crazyt boy all over again.

God I'm gonna miss my Kurt Hummell.   :(
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt addict 2/20/2015, 11:43 am

Just watched this, and yet again Blain is shown to be a weak, selfish individual! I wanted to smack him when he would'ent admit to dave that he had missed Kurt, looking all woe is me and I can't help it, Kurt's made me do grrrr, interesting that Dave knew the deal straight away.
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/20/2015, 12:33 pm

When I think about it, Dave is one of the few characters on Glee that have actually grown over the years, even with minimal screentime.

Season 1 and early season 2, he was nothing but a bully.

Though his motivations were exactly right when it started, by the end of season 2, he had at least shown remorse and made sincere apologies for his actions (something that very few characters have done on Glee.

You could see him struggling with being in the closet in the Prom Queen episodes.

In the First Time, you could see that he was still apprehensive, you could also see that he was starting to get comfortable with his true self.

Yes his secret admirer advances to Kurt, were inappropriate, but the maturity of the conversation with Kurt showed a lot as to how much he had grown. He pleaded his case, but when he realized that it wasn't something Kurt would be interested in, he didn't get angry with Kurt. He walked away, probably embarrassed, upset and angry with himself more than anything.

Yes, he was trying to stay in contact with Kurt through multiple phone calls (over several day--based on the fact Kurt changed clothes), and I would tend to believe that wasn't because he was pursuing Kurt at the point, but more that he was looking for someone to talk to about what he was going through at his new school (remember at this point, Dave was still in the closet--Kurt, Blaine, and Santana were the only ones who in canon knew that he was gay). So, he was looking for help, not a date at that point.

That brings us to the suicide attempt. And you have the conversation between Kurt and Dave in the hospital. Dave had that real awakening when he realized that he had been so horrible to Kurt--more horrible than the guys at his new school had put him through--and realized how strong Kurt was for going through it over an extended period of time when he couldn't handle similar bullying over a much shorter period of time. I also felt that there was remorse towards Kurt here. To me, realization and remorse go a long way in showing character growth.

And that brings us to this season with the relationship with Blaine. He's calm. He's confident. He's happy. He's comfortable with PDA in public. Having Dave handle Blaine's cheating shows how much he has grown. He didn't get angry, or violent. He realized that their relationship had run it's course, and it was time to move on.

It's a huge credit to Max's acting that he has been able to show so much growth in Dave in just an episode or two a year the past few seasons. Dave has come a long way from the bully he was in the first season and a half.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3