Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6x03 "Jagged Little Tapestry" Watch & Discussion thread

+14
Ireth
Kurt addict
valkeakuulas
Buenos
Delight
lilypaperclips
brisallie
ChrisColferFan1
Divalicious
M&M
Jellyrolls
dimpledchris
Ranwing
tanita_mors
18 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

What did you think of the episodes ?

6x03 "Jagged Little Tapestry" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%6x03 "Jagged Little Tapestry" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
6x03 "Jagged Little Tapestry" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%6x03 "Jagged Little Tapestry" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
6x03 "Jagged Little Tapestry" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap57%6x03 "Jagged Little Tapestry" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 57% 
[ 4 ]
6x03 "Jagged Little Tapestry" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap29%6x03 "Jagged Little Tapestry" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 29% 
[ 2 ]
6x03 "Jagged Little Tapestry" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap14%6x03 "Jagged Little Tapestry" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 7

6x03 "Jagged Little Tapestry" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Empty Re: 6x03 "Jagged Little Tapestry" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Jellyrolls 1/17/2015, 5:24 pm

Ranwing wrote:Well, not everyone found yesterday's treatment of Kurt at all funny. Todd Milliner (Executive Producer of Grimm and Hot In Cleveland who thinks the world of Chris) tweeted this.

"Please save @chriscolfer from Glee, even if there are only a few eps left. We’re sick of Kurt being treated like crap”

Just for clarification. He didn't tweet it. Someone tweeted this (or something very similar to this) to him, and he favorited it.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

6x03 "Jagged Little Tapestry" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Empty Re: 6x03 "Jagged Little Tapestry" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Ranwing 1/17/2015, 5:44 pm

Whoops... thanks for the clarification. Still, I appreciated his sentiment. Looking at the comments on the Backlot review, this episode's treatment of Kurt rubbed a lot of people the wrong way.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/17/2015, 8:01 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:The whole Kurt and Santana into action was messed up. I can understand Santana being upset about Kurt speaking out after her proposal, but what he said didn't warrant the vile outburst from here. He didn't completely trash the proposal, he just said "we're too young to get married." Santana's speech went on way to mall. She just completely trashed him, and he had to just sit there and take it.  Both Kurt and Rachel were disgusted by Santana's speech, but neither of them had the opportunity to speak up.  And then you add in the "get your crap together "sign at the end and it just went way too far to be funny.  

On top of that, there was no real resolution between Kurt and Santana.  Kurt did apologize to Britney about it, but there was nothing else between Kurt and Santana. The next interaction between them was Santana walking towards Kurt smiling and touching his back while singing "you've got a friend. "It's horrible storytelling. But that's glee.
banzai  This.

With the exception of the "I didn't get in" debacle at the end of season 3 I haven't been so extremely angry at Glee and RIB. That was a personal attack at Kurt and Chris that made no sense in the narrative.

Of course Santana could have been mad at Kurt for ruining the celebration of the proposal, and she had the right to tell him so, even calling him a hypocrite for rushing into his own engagement. But she didn't do that, she didn't call him out on what he did: she simply insulted him left and right, his appearance, his effeminacy, what he loves. And on top of that she blamed him for Klaine's problems and break-up, also implying that Kurt wasn't good enough for Blaine.
This was a total dealbreaker when it comes to the Kurtana friendship.

That was vile and totally unnecessary, and to see this being applauded by so many in the Glee fandom is making me sick.
This was clearly RIB (but mainly Brad Falchuk) taking multiple digs at Kurt and Chris, throwing Santana/Naya under the bus as well (and Quinn too), and it's despicable.
antifana

I have seen the episode, but I'm too tired of Glee's shit to make a proper post about it. The short version:
- Kurt has no friends (although I liked how Chris and Lea worked together as 'fighting' Hummelberry)
- The new kids give good reaction shots in the background.
- This episode was another total waste of the original cast.
- Becky is as awful as always, JFC: throwing that milkshake on the floor.
- The Beiste storyline had its moments, but it's still a terrible retcon of Beiste's character.
- Thankfully only a little bit of Blaine.

But tbh: I don't give a shit about Glee anymore. They crossed a major line with the Santana rant.
I'll continu to watch for Chris (and little snipbits of the original cast), but the show and its writers/producers can go to hell for all I care.

ChrisColferFan1 wrote:I hope the ratings for this episode  is worse than last week's ratings. Especially  because of Santana's  way  way over the top insults on Kurt, which  really RIBs  way of insulting   Chris. I hope if they  ask Him to work with them again after Glee he turns them down.
Ratings are worse:
6x03: Jagged little Tapestry – 07 (18/49) / 1.98 million viewers.

Ranwing wrote:Well, not everyone found yesterday's treatment of Kurt at all funny. Todd Milliner (Executive Producer of Grimm and Hot In Cleveland who thinks the world of Chris) tweeted this.

"Please save @chriscolfer from Glee, even if there are only a few eps left. We’re sick of Kurt being treated like crap”
Good, I hope as many people as possible in the Hollywood industry see what asshole writers RIB are.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 1/17/2015, 9:11 pm

@glorfindel, I don't mind when Hummelberry have their little arguments and disagreements because at least they usually write it in a way that they resolve their issues.  Conflict is far more interesting than everyone being happy.  It's just nice to see resolution.  Hummelberry were disagreeing about how to run the club in the episode (and even in the previous one), and they were bickering quite a bit.  In the end, they both realized that they contributed to the issues (Kurt with bringing the baggage to the choir room, and Rachel with not really respecting Kurt's style), and they came to the realization that their styles complimented each other, and they made a good team together.  So, at least they had conflict, and resolution.

Whereas the whole Santana/Kurt thing was just one sided vicious behavior.  As we have said, it was fine for Santana to be upset and confront Kurt, but her methods were extreme--she just completely trashed him.  And then there was no resolution--nothing to show how Santana wound up smiling warmly as she walked over to Kurt at the end of the episode and tenderly touched his back.  There were no apologies, and no understanding between the characters.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/17/2015, 10:40 pm

^I agree about both Hummelberry and Kurtana. At least Hummelberry worked out their issues, and there's always good chemistry between Chris and Lea. Them trying to constantly finish the other one's sentences, and Kurt pouting while he puts the cap on the whiteboard marker, was funny.
On the other hand Rachel did nothing when Santana was dumping on Kurt, although I know that's more a writer's issue than Rachel's own doing. But still.....it's canon. And I can't help but compare this to when Kurt defended Rachel to Santana in that NY bathroom scene.

The Santana rant was totally out of line, and on top of it being deliberately very vicious to both Kurt and Chris it really had no good build up nor solution in the episode.
Santana was rightfully angry at Kurt, but her rant had nothing to do with that: she just lashed out at totally unrelated things to what Kurt did regarding the Brittana proposal. Hurtful, mean things, homophobic, effemiphobic, mocking the character's and actor's looks and likes.
Normally a rant like this would mean the end of a friendship. But then we're expected to be content with a solution of Santana touching Kurt's shoulder in a song.

That rant made no sense at all, it didn't even fit the narrative. So I strongly suspect this rant was solely put in the episode so Brad Falchuk could take multiple digs at Kurt and Chris for some BTS reason.
I'm so over this godawful show and its immature, incompetent and unprofessional writers.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/18/2015, 12:18 am

The Kurt edit, not including the Santana rant: link.
It expires in a week, so be quick.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 1/18/2015, 1:37 am

I have downloaded this episode but have not watched as I am in two minds whether to or not.

I have read Santana's disgusting rant and seen how many of tumblr think Kurt deserved it which to me shows the ones that are truelly jealous of Chris and his successes; these being Naya fans and Brittana fans. :angry:

Also Lea fans as I have seen also on tumblr. :angry:

When Chris said he could have writers working for him, I have suspected maybe he is about to become a showrunner.

Now that would irk Brad as Chris is young and has lots of fresh ideas, and as we know lots of respect in the industry.

One way to try to get rid of competition is to belittle them as much as possible.

This is purely speculation on my part as I have no idea what Chris meant when he said about writers.

But then Brad could have wanted Chris for Scream Queens and Chris said no.

Again just me speculating.

I know Chris once said he would like to be a showrunner someday.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  angelnessa 1/18/2015, 2:11 am

I'm so curious to know what other projects Chris is keeping secret now too. I wonder if he's collaborating with Todd Milliner on anything, since they seem pretty tight. I was happy to see Grimm getting twice the audience that Glee did, on the same night Smile .

I'm taking a Tumblr break for a while. I follow all the right people, but it's still too depressing/infuriating there right now. The number of people there whose resentment for Kurt, and even Chris, was just waiting for a release staggers me, and I can't deal with the negativity. I don't remember it being this bad in the fandom since the first season, and the Kurt-crushing-on-Finn fiasco.
angelnessa
angelnessa
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 1/18/2015, 3:46 am

angelnessa wrote:I'm so curious to know what other projects Chris is keeping secret now too. I wonder if he's collaborating with Todd Milliner on anything, since they seem pretty tight. I was happy to see Grimm getting twice the audience that Glee did, on the same night Smile .

I'm taking a Tumblr break for a while. I follow all the right people, but it's still too depressing/infuriating there right now. The number of people there whose resentment for Kurt, and even Chris, was just waiting for a release staggers me, and I can't deal with the negativity. I don't remember it being this bad in the fandom since the first season, and the Kurt-crushing-on-Finn fiasco.

But the thing is when Chris has another book signing they will all be clambouring to buy his book, to meet him, gushing about their meeting with loads of pics and maybe video's.

Blarren stans are the same. dryy

But with Glee there will be that resentment as Chris is seen as doing better than their favourites. Such as Chris has a best selling children's book series were Lea's book was about one week in the New York best sellers in that category.

Chris is in a prestigious film with a prestigious cast filming in England. Naya was in a small horror movie.

Brad just brought the resentment to the surface as they rejoice in Kurt being humiliated and by some extent Chris.

There was resentment back during Season 1 when Chris became the breakout star and was given more screen time. Kurt's crush on Finn and the aftermath fueled that resentment and they used it for their reason to hate Kurt and again by extension Chris.

The Glee fandom is toxic and has always been.

I am taken the rest of this to the Snark N' Bark.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/18/2015, 10:22 am

angelnessa wrote:I'm taking a Tumblr break for a while. I follow all the right people, but it's still too depressing/infuriating there right now. The number of people there whose resentment for Kurt, and even Chris, was just waiting for a release staggers me, and I can't deal with the negativity. I don't remember it being this bad in the fandom since the first season, and the Kurt-crushing-on-Finn fiasco.
Taking this to the snark & bark thread.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 1/18/2015, 10:47 am

Santana had every right to be angry at Kurt and had a right to tell him off. She had no  right to be a horrible  nasty Bully to him .I wish Kurt would of stood up for himself. I can not stand canon Blaine but would be just as outrage if Santana's  rant had been to Blaine.I love Kurt  but if  Kurt and   Santana's roles had been reversed I would have lost my love for Kurt. I would not be  defending Kurt saying Santana deserves it.

Last edited by ChrisColferFan1 on 1/18/2015, 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To fix a typo. I just noticed)
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/18/2015, 11:16 am

The really sad thing is that I like both Kurt and Santana and I loved the friendship that developed between them (especially once Santana arrived in NY). And Santana made so much growth as a character in the past few years. This scene just totally destroyed every iota of her character growth. The girl who mourned the fact that she as absolutely awful in the way she verbally abused Finn and couldn't take it back now that he was dead and the girl who didn't have any reason to care about Rachel but still came to NY to support her during her big debut and yank her out of her depression was utterly destroyed in that scene.

So as bad as it as to see Kurt so thoroughly verbally flayed, it was even more destructive to Santana's character. She's back to being the cruel, nearly psychotic bitch that she was because her response was so out of proportion to whatever offense Kurt offered. I suppose that with this being the last season and Naya leaving the show completely, the writers don't care what they do to her character at this point, but it's a shame that they went down this path.

After watching the scene for a second time (and yes, it did turn my stomach), I paid less attention to Santana’s words (actually, I put her on mute) and focused entirely on Kurt’s reactions. He looked exasperated and irritated, but I really didn’t get a sense that her words were drawing blood. Part of that could be that she wasn’t saying anything he hadn’t heard before and part of it could be that this is the kind of stuff he knows to expect from Santana. She always goes for the easy mockery instead of focusing on what’s really bothering her.

And it’s to Kurt’s credit that he didn’t try to get into a screaming match with her in the middle of the hallway and that he was able to own up to his own transgressions and apologize. Having said that, Santana’s behavior was very out of line and far in excess of Kurt’s transgression. It’s long past time for her to start growing up and dealing with people frankly rather than doing this Lima Heights Adjacent crap all the time. She’s supposed to be an adult and was supposed to have learned something about how she responds to people after Finn’s death. She still has no ability to express her anger (however justifiable) in a constructive manner. She wasn’t expressing that Kurt hurt her feelings when he doubted the sincerity of her proposal or the chances that she and Brittany was last. She acted like a crazy woman.

And as hurtful as her words might have been, sometimes when you just get a tidal wave of insults leveled in your direction, it actually has less impact because it all just becomes a blur. Kurt didn’t seem torn down by her rant. He didn’t cry (and we know that when he’s hurt enough, he can cry) and in the end he didn’t hold it against Santana, but that speaks more to Kurt’s strength of character and how he doesn’t hold a grudge more than anything about Santana’s actions.

This is all the more reason for a scene between the two of them to talk once Santana calmed down to allow them the chance to apologize to one another and talk like adults. Santana certainly deserved after Kurt spoiled a special moment for her, but she also needed to own up to the fact that she acted out so inappropriately.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 1/18/2015, 11:51 am

If Glee was still a good show Santana would have told Kurt off without being a horrible nasty bully. Kurt did deserve to be told off ,but he did not deserve to be bullied by someone he considers a friend. Anyone who supports Santana's Bullying rant should not consider themselves Kurt fans,because her rant goes far beyond telling Kurt off.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 1/18/2015, 4:04 pm

didn't remember nor watch the show. here's kurt edit if someone hasn't posted here yet. (if you already have, my apologies):

http://kurtedit.tumblr.com/

i have nothing to say. this show means nothing to me now. absolutely nothing. the only thing i am still interested in how bad the rating is.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 1/19/2015, 8:07 am

ChrisColferFan1 wrote:I love Kurt  but if  Kurt and   Santana's roles had been reversed I would have lost my love for Kurt. I would not be  defending Kurt saying Santana deserves it.

We'd better not give the writers ideas. Season 6 of Glee is doing such a good job at destroying the characterization of so many Glee characters that we're familiar with (e.g. Dave, Beiste, Santana etc), that I fear that they'll do the same with Kurt before the end comes.

And, in my opinion, the end can't come soon enough.

It's one thing to make targeted verbal attacks on the character as some lame attempt at twisted humour. It's another to aim those attacks at the actor (Yes, mock Kurt's affection for old people why don't they? He demonstrated it only in one episode in six bloody seasons, and it was the one episode that Chris wrote). They've crossed the line, and whatever respect I still have for the writers of this show (minuscule as it was) is gone. Brad should stop trawling the lolkurt tags on tumblr to look for insults to tear Kurt/Chris down.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 1/19/2015, 8:19 am

Delight wrote:
ChrisColferFan1 wrote:I love Kurt  but if  Kurt and   Santana's roles had been reversed I would have lost my love for Kurt. I would not be  defending Kurt saying Santana deserves it.

We'd better not give the writers ideas. Season 6 of Glee is doing such a good job at destroying the characterization of so many Glee characters that we're familiar with (e.g. Dave, Beiste, Santana etc), that I fear that they'll do the same with Kurt before the end comes.

And, in my opinion, the end can't come soon enough.

It's one thing to make targeted verbal attacks on the character as some lame attempt at twisted humour. It's another to aim those attacks at the actor (Yes, mock Kurt's affection for old people why don't they? He demonstrated it only in one episode in six bloody seasons, and it was the one episode that Chris wrote). They've crossed the line, and whatever respect I still have for the writers of this show (minuscule as it was) is gone. Brad should stop trawling the lolkurt tags on tumblr to look for insults to tear Kurt/Chris down.

Great post I agree, I am also fear they will destroying Kurt's Characterization before the end, Glad season six is the last season. If Glee was going to continue I would want Chris to get out of his contact,even more than I did.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/20/2015, 6:17 pm

6x03 "Jagged Little Tapestry" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_nidz6egVZO1qmg5nio1_250  6x03 "Jagged Little Tapestry" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_nidz6egVZO1qmg5nio2_250

6x03 "Jagged Little Tapestry" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_nidz6egVZO1qmg5nio3_250  6x03 "Jagged Little Tapestry" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_nidz6egVZO1qmg5nio4_250
x

I liked Kurt playing the piano again, as I surely thought that season 1 canon fact was long forgotten by RIB. 

And although Chris himself can't play the piano (or at least couldn't in season 1, and it really showed in the 'I'll Stand By You' scene) this time he seemed more natural and believable when faking it.

Maybe he's been practicing for his upcoming movie about Noel Coward, who played the piano well. neutre
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  angelnessa 1/20/2015, 11:35 pm

He is much, much easier to watch faking it than Blarren is actually playing and singing.
angelnessa
angelnessa
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/21/2015, 5:04 am

angelnessa wrote:He is much, much easier to watch faking it than Blarren is actually playing and singing.

You know, I hate to say it, but I agree.   Kurt looked far more convincing on the keys than Blaine.

Reminds me how I thought Candice Bergen was a bad actress, and how in real life she was a photographer also.  Well when she played a photographer in Ghandi she didn't look that believable in the role so it really comes down to acting, not "being".
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/21/2015, 1:16 pm

angelnessa wrote:He is much, much easier to watch faking it than Blarren is actually playing and singing.
And sexy too. Those shoulders and arms............. miamiam

6x03 "Jagged Little Tapestry" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_nidz6egVZO1qmg5nio3_250
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 1/25/2015, 12:31 am

Finally watching the episode. I note that Kurt's comment about the engagement was spontaneous, it was a reaction to what was happening in front of him. Santana, however, came up to Kurt for her verbal assault, well after the occurrence and she had time to deal with it. So her attack was deliberate where his outburst, while inappropriate, was an honest emotional response. On top of that, she wanted to have an audience while she did it, instead of talking to him privately. To think that anyone out there could condone it is a very sad commentary on our world.

Becky is a shrew, and somehow gets a nice guy who respects her. Sigh.

Brittney has a thing about poop, first wanting Lord Tubbington to have candy bars poops, and now we have another candy bar poop thing.

Lovin' Jane's voice, worked very well with Mason. Not liking the whole Kurt angst during the song. Because I know where it is leading.

So when Rachel is having a tough time, everyone must help her. Kurt is having a tough time, and he is sent home because he isn't doing what she wants. He wants reality, she wants to continue the propping that she enjoys so much. I like that the kids respect Kurt being tough, and that they realize you have to work to be successful. What a novel thought, Glee.

They used Beiste's first name more in this episode, now that that she wishes to become a he, than they ever have.

Kurt's pants in the last scene are more remarkable than the song, especially with Santana coming over to Kurt like her diatribe should be forgotten because they are singing. Bah!! Why did they even bother having Puck show up at the end. Well, at least he got a paycheck.

Wish Roderick had a chance to sing.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 1/25/2015, 2:21 am

I loved the newbies even more after episode. wub

They respect Kurt's opinions, which is something Will never did and most of the original ND didn't either.

The episode was okay but not perfect.

Santana went too far, but Kurt looks like he is used to it and knows it is just garbage she is saying.

New York Kurt that we saw in Season 5 would not be pining for Blaine.

New York Kurt is strong, popular and admired and seen as hotter than Blaine.

Lima tries to pull him down.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/26/2015, 6:54 pm

This is interesting to know: the Klaine duet 'It's Too Late' had the lowest sales on iTunes of all the 'Jagged Little Tapestry' songs. Where all the other 3 songs were peaking around the 300, the Klaine duet didn't get higher than 630.
Of course the songs could be bought as an EP as well, but still.....that would go for all the seperate Glee fandoms.

But the Klainers are the biggest fandom left, right? moque
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 1/26/2015, 7:17 pm

Weren't Sing and Suddenly Seymour low, too?
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/26/2015, 8:22 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Weren't Sing and Suddenly Seymour low, too?
Yup, here are the highest sharts on iTunes of 6x01 and 6x02:

Top 1500
135. Home
170. Let It Go
226. Problem
249. Uninvited
286. Take On Me
346. Suddenly Seymour
408. Tightrope
420. Sing
508. Mustang Sally

Only the newbies' songs were in the same range.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next