Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glee season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 2

+25
bayth
Georgette888
M&M
quietbelle
Ranwing
Buenos
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColferFan1
rainespeaks
mindschemez
Ireth
Delight
coxfire
sheny
tanita_mors
Divalicious
Lottie2303
angelnessa
Kurt addict
fantastica
Glorfindel
Jellyrolls
valkeakuulas
brisallie
ColferInspired
29 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 2 - Page 35 Empty Re: Glee season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 2

Post  Glorfindel 1/10/2015, 9:46 pm

I anyone is still interested (looking at 2.3 million ratings, lol) here's the promo for 6x03:

It has a little Kurt reactions faces, but not anything significant.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 2 - Page 35 Empty Re: Glee season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 2

Post  dimpledchris 1/10/2015, 11:02 pm

I'll still be watching, if only to see what the costume department has in store for Chris. Bit shallow, but seeing what he's wearing is one of the few highlights of the show for me.

I'm happy for the brittana fans at least, it's cute seeing them excited for 6x03.
dimpledchris
dimpledchris
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://dimpledchris.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 1/11/2015, 12:05 am

they are only going through the motion now. the only one who gets the butthurt is Fox's money department.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/11/2015, 2:34 am

It it me or does Kurt's clothes come only in two "colors" these days,   TIGHT  and  SKINTIGHT...?    phr34r

Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 2 - Page 35 Tumblr_nhyz4t5BNd1qfgg1ao2_500Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 2 - Page 35 Tumblr_nhyz4t5BNd1qfgg1ao3_500
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 1/11/2015, 3:22 am

Yes and yes. :D

Not that I'm blaming them and the tight pants have taken control of Chris as well so I don't see even him objecting. tonguue
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/11/2015, 3:29 am

valkeakuulas wrote:Yes and yes. :D

Not that I'm blaming them and the tight pants have taken control of Chris as well so I don't see even him objecting. tonguue
Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 2 - Page 35 Tumblr_nhyr3pfo7v1rk63wco1_250Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 2 - Page 35 Tumblr_nhyr3pfo7v1rk63wco4_r3_250Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 2 - Page 35 Tumblr_nhyr3pfo7v1rk63wco2_r1_250Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 2 - Page 35 Tumblr_nhyr3pfo7v1rk63wco3_r3_250

Can he even breath in those?   Not that I'm complaining...
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 1/11/2015, 4:22 am

I can't tell what kinds of pants those are, but they look like (or cling to like) pants we call here ski pants. The ones with the rubber band going under your sole to keep the trouser legs from riding.

I know they're probably midrange designer pants, but the idea of them being taken from the dance/outdoors/exercise store rack makes me laugh. Because Kurt if anyone could combine excercise stuff with designer clothes. neutre
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 1/11/2015, 11:06 am

Well, Glee spent years denying how gorgeous Chris has become. In it's final years, it's kind of like, we can't hide something so obvious anymore, so enjoy.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/11/2015, 3:39 pm

Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 2 - Page 35 Tumblr_ni0u5e7LNC1r4ezfzo1_500
c_steven Feeling nostalgic. Feeling like it’s already over. It ended two years ago. | #GoodbyeOhio #FarewellSeason #glee
wigsonfire Tearin’ it down in six weeks, muthafuuucckkkkaaaaaaaaaas!!
Only 6 more weeks.  bubgum
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  dimpledchris 1/11/2015, 7:11 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
Only 6 more weeks.  bubgum

Oh thank goodness. Then it's off to shoot Noel, yay fanny2
dimpledchris
dimpledchris
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  mindschemez 1/11/2015, 7:16 pm

lol @ "it ended two years ago"

And then he also replied to Ben's (wigsonfire) comment with "about damn time."

Shocked phr34r chuut uhuhu moque sifflou

mindschemez
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/11/2015, 8:14 pm

^LOL.  And I assume these are crew members? uhuhu
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  dimpledchris 1/13/2015, 1:17 am

6x03 songs are up. Here's "It's Too Late" sung by Kurt and Blaine.

http://chriscolfernews.co/post/107954767628/its-too-late-glee-cast-version

And "You Learn / You've Got A Friend" by some of the ND alums.

http://chriscolfernews.co/post/107955715053/you-learn-youve-got-a-friend-glee-cast
dimpledchris
dimpledchris
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  angelnessa 1/13/2015, 1:27 am

I probably wasn't going to buy It's Too Late anyway, but now I know I won't. Chris sounds good, but too much Blarren as usual, and why do they always amp his voice up so you can barely hear Chris in the background. A typical Klaine duet.

Upon relisten, it's probably more evenly divided than I first thought, but still too much Blarren.

I didn't like Lea in the beginning of You Learn/You've Got a Friend, but love the rest of it. Chris sounds gorgeous. It's on my shopping list Smile .
angelnessa
angelnessa
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  mindschemez 1/13/2015, 2:54 am

Glorfindel wrote:^LOL.  And I assume these are crew members? uhuhu

yes! phr34r

mindschemez
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 1/13/2015, 4:08 am

Listening to the songs

It's too late, by separate they sound good, but in the harmony, I agree that I listen to Darren more than Chris. But, isn't they typical dynamic when they sing together? dryy

You Learn / You've Got A Friend,foremost I've to say I love the Carole King's song, so is hard for me to judge it. Overall I like it, and I don't know if my ear is wrong, but Chris has several lines and again is singing is his low register apparently.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/13/2015, 5:03 am

angelnessa wrote:I probably wasn't going to buy It's Too Late anyway, but now I know I won't. Chris sounds good, but too much Blarren as usual, and why do they always amp his voice up so you can barely hear Chris in the background. A typical Klaine duet.

Upon relisten, it's probably more evenly divided than I first thought, but still too much Blarren.

I didn't like Lea in the beginning of You Learn/You've Got a Friend, but love the rest of it. Chris sounds gorgeous. It's on my shopping list Smile .
My thoughts exactly.

If they just hadn´t dialed Darren louder than Chris (as usual dryy ) in the chorus it would have been a fairly even duet. Now it's just another Klaine duet.
A plus about 'It's Too Late' is that Darren is singing in the most comfortable part of his range, so no screaming and squeeking for once.
Love Chris' voice on 'It's Too Late', but I find both of them lacking emotion in the song. I guess "it's too late" in many ways for Glee and its cast.

BTW: Glee's 'It's Too Late' is 3 semitones lower than the original from Carole King.

'You Learn/You've Got a Friend' is practically perfect except for Lea's wailing here and there, and a too saccharine back-up choir.
Chris has quite a large part in it, and his voice brings so much warmth to the song, amazing. Love Dianna and Jenna's voices on it too, because they (along with Chris) have the softness in their voices I think this song needs.

Haven't listened to the other songs yet.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 1/13/2015, 6:02 am

Despite Darren (though he sounds okay) I quite like "It's Too Late".

Always been one of my favourite of Carole King. And I love Chris on this song, but it is lacking emotion.

"You Learn/You've Got a Friend" I really love it. neutre
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/13/2015, 6:29 am

I didn't love the arrangement of It's Too Late - it was too poppy and strangely upbeat for a song where the lyrics are so melancholy. I think that the key was lowered to make it easier for Darren but Chris handled it just fine and sounded great, although I agree that on the shared parts they amped Darren up too much. But actual singing wise, it was a pretty even split so... progress?

Storyline-wise, it's a perfect fit for the Klaine storyline and would be a great point for both of them to start moving forward and away from one another, but we know that's not going to happen so it's going to be wasted. I'm hoping that the visuals improve the performance because the arrangement does, in my opinion, strips away a lot of the emotion.

Chris sounded great in his parts in You've Got A Friend/You'll Learn, but again the arrangement is a bit of a mess.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/13/2015, 6:53 am

These mashups don't work for me, however I was pleasantly surprised that Chris is one of the leading vocals in You Learn/You need a Friend.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  dimpledchris 1/13/2015, 9:19 am

Ranwing wrote:I didn't love the arrangement of It's Too Late - it was too poppy and strangely upbeat for a song where the lyrics are so melancholy. I think that the key was lowered to make it easier for Darren but Chris handled it just fine and sounded great, although I agree that on the shared parts they amped Darren up too much. But actual singing wise, it was a pretty even split so... progress?

Ah, that's it. I was asking myself why I didn't care for the song even if it was properly split up between them. An upbeat arrangement, but they both sound sort of listless. Then again, that may be because of the lyrics/message of the song.

Someone who took the Paramount tour yesterday/today also posted on twitter about filming exterior shots of the NYC set.

Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 2 - Page 35 Tumblr_ni36l7mN4K1sg9z6fo2_500
Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 2 - Page 35 Tumblr_ni36l7mN4K1sg9z6fo1_500

Might be for Rachel's storyline, I think there was a spoiler before of her coming back for a while? What are the chances of Kurt going back and staying there for good?
dimpledchris
dimpledchris
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/13/2015, 9:58 am

Ranwing wrote:I didn't love the arrangement of It's Too Late - it was too poppy and strangely upbeat for a song where the lyrics are so melancholy. I think that the key was lowered to make it easier for Darren but Chris handled it just fine and sounded great, although I agree that on the shared parts they amped Darren up too much. But actual singing wise, it was a pretty even split so... progress?
I agree, the Glee version is faster than the original, making it more upbeat instead of a 'lazy' beat, and it's jarring with the song's meaning.

But what I notice the most is that both Chris and Darren don't give any emotion in the song. I expected that from Darren (and tbh: I prefer him not giving any emotion at all to his OTT OMG-I-feel-sooooo-much screeching), but not from Chris, who can put more emotion in the one (cut) line he's granted than all other singers combined in the rest of a group song.

Maybe it's the combination of Klaine's stupid storylines and the shallow arrangement of 'It's Too Late' that didn't bring out the best in him this time.
His voice still sounds very lovely though. I would have loved to hear him sing a Carole King song in its original key in this tribute episode, but alas.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/13/2015, 10:07 am

I think Glee didn't do that bad with mashing up Carole King and Alanis Morissette songs (although who ever got that idea in the first place must have been high as a kite).

The mash-ups work for the most part, except for the Brittana duet imo, but the arrangements were bland as always. The singers make up for that a lot though.

- The Quinn/Tina duet is wonderful, I really love it.
- I also like the Mason/Jane duet, especially Mason: he's got a pleasant voice.
- The Brittana duet was a failure in mash-up and arrangement, but Naya and Heather did a decent job.
- The Klaine duet doesn't make me want to scream out of frustration, as Darren wasn't singing too much out of his limited range and the song was divided fairly equally, so that's progress indeed.
- The group song with Kurt (as the only guy!) and the girls is my favorite, but I thought Puck was in this one as well?
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  angelnessa 1/13/2015, 10:25 am

I'm I hearing wrong, or do we have a little Kurtana going on in the YL/YGAF mashup?
angelnessa
angelnessa
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/13/2015, 10:48 am

Glorfindel wrote:

I agree, the Glee version is faster than the original, making it more upbeat instead of a 'lazy' beat, and it's jarring with the song's meaning.

But what I notice the most is that both Chris and Darren don't give any emotion in the song. I expected that from Darren (and tbh: I prefer him not giving any emotion at all to his OTT OMG-I-feel-sooooo-much screeching), but not from Chris, who can put more emotion in the one (cut) line he's granted than all other singers combined in the rest of a group song.

Maybe it's the combination of Klaine's stupid storylines and the shallow arrangement of 'It's Too Late' that didn't bring out the best in him this time.
His voice still sounds very lovely though. I would have loved to hear him sing a Carole King song in its original key in this tribute episode, but alas.

I totally agree that the song falls flat emotionally and that is death for songs that are as emotionally rich as Carole King's. This is really unusual for Chris because he's always one to count on for bringing some sincere emotion into a performance. I can't pin down why it rings so dull here. The musical direction has been really lackluster for well over a year now and it's really showing when they can't do even prime material like this justice.

I'm hoping that the visuals will give this song more emotional heft because it's one of my favorite by this artist and it doesn't deserve this kind of treatment.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next