Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1

+22
Catt24
kac
Coolbeans3131
emilynna
M&M
Vir Cotto
arina
ColferInspired
sahhar
dap1217
Delight
brisallie
CloveGlee
mellama
ColferGirl
Struck by Lightning
Ireth
tanita_mors
fantastica
Glorfindel
Shinra17
Jellyrolls
26 posters

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1 - Page 33 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1

Post  Jellyrolls 3/13/2012, 9:47 am

Just one more thought about shipper threads. I really don't want anyone to worry about it or think that if they pop on this board that it's going to become an issue like it did on the GF. I can assure you that I am not going to let that happen because I have no interest whatsoever in running a Blaine/Darren forum. I think the reason why the Klaine threads on the GF are the way they are is because most of the posters there are more dedicated to Blaine/Darren than they are to Kurt/Chris. You can tell by the way they post over there that there is heavy favoritism towards Blaine/Darren. I'm not worried about them coming over here because I don't think that they have enough of an interest in Chris to participate in a forum dedicated specifically for him.

So don't worry about something happening before it happens--it may never happen. And rest assured that if it does happen, I will not let fans of any other actor or character interfere with the enjoyment of this forum for Chris' fan. Chris' fans enjoying this forum is my top priority.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1 - Page 33 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1

Post  Jellyrolls 3/13/2012, 10:02 am

Hi all,

Since some of you suggested it I have made a notation on the title of thread warning people that venting about other characters/actors is allowed.

Also, I made a notation on the episode thread title that critical discussion is allowed, but it may be moved to the snark and bark thread if it becomes excessive. I also put this disclaimer on the first post in the episode thread (there was already a disclaimer on the spoiler thread):

Please note that cricital analysis of other characters and actors is allowed on this thread if it pertains directly to the current episode. The moderators reserve the right to move a discussion to the snark and bark thread if there is a prolonged discussion about a certain actor or character in order to keep this thread enjoyable for all. Your thoughts will not be silenced, they just may be moved to another thread if a discussion turns from constructive criticism to griping.

It may take some time to figure out the line between constructive criticism, and griping the first few times around. Don't worry about what or where you post things too much. I'm really not overly worried about it. I don't think finding the balance is going to be a big issue. I'm confident that we can make this a place where all of us love to participate.

Again, if you have any questions or concerns, my PM box is open to listen to you.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  CloveGlee 3/13/2012, 10:46 am

Um, on an entirely different note. Am I old and crazy, or have they completely deleted the KHAT over at the Glee Forum?

CloveGlee
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://recappersdelight.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/13/2012, 10:51 am

CloveGlee wrote:Um, on an entirely different note. Am I old and crazy, or have they completely deleted the KHAT over at the Glee Forum?

OT: I noticed the same too, but I have no idea what's going on.

Matt Bomer has got a very pleasant, classical voice, with a lot of vibrato. I don't know how much trainiing he has got, but seeing that this is live at a big event, I'd say he has got a very good control of his voice, because I detect no nerves or off pitch.

But: if Chris' vibrato gets in the way of Klaine duets (or better said: Darren's lack of vibrato), then any Anderson brothers duets will be disastrous, because there is no way Matt Bomer's full, deep voice with heavy vibrato matches with the thin, shallow and vibrato-less voice of Darren.

First I'm recovering for listening and seeing Matt Bomer Razz and second, once you said that brothers and sisters are natural duet partners; I know Matt and Darren are not brothers in RL but we have seen cases like Cory and Chris were their voices sounds good together like they were real bros; so they just have to know how to blend their voices and it's gonna work.

Last edited by brisallie on 3/13/2012, 11:00 am; edited 2 times in total
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  CloveGlee 3/13/2012, 10:54 am

Oh, it's not OT, honey. If they've deleted it on purpose we've got all kinds of stuff to bark about very loudly and angrily.

....And now the Kurt Spoiler Thread is gone, too. Holy crap. They are deleting all the Kurtsie stuff!

CloveGlee
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/13/2012, 11:01 am

CloveGlee wrote:Oh, it's not OT, honey. If they've deleted it on purpose we've got all kinds of stuff to bark about very loudly and angrily.

....And now the Kurt Spoiler Thread is gone, too. Holy crap. They are deleting all the Kurtsie stuff!

Ok.

Have someone sent a message to Stephanie??? ohmy I think she could explain what's happening huh

Last edited by brisallie on 3/13/2012, 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sjonnepon 3/13/2012, 11:03 am

CloveGlee wrote:Oh, it's not OT, honey. If they've deleted it on purpose we've got all kinds of stuff to bark about very loudly and angrily.

it's at the last page!
sjonnepon
sjonnepon
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  CloveGlee 3/13/2012, 11:05 am

Thank you. And that's why I posted here before I yelled at Stephanie. OK, I feel better now.

CloveGlee
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/13/2012, 11:16 am

OK, since we have snark and bark, I am going to go off a bit on something that has been bugging me for a while. I have alluded to it a bit here and there, but never fully discussed this because it always seemed a bit off topic on the GF threads. But it’s not off topic here.

Now, I think that we all agree that Mr. Schue doesn’t fully appreciate Kurt’s talent. Actually, Mr. Schue doesn’t fully appreciate most of the kids talents. But the thing that really bugs me is that Mr. Schue lumped Kurt in with the kids who can’t dance. As CLoveGlee has mentioned, Kurt held his own during “Singing in the Rain/Umbrella” when he was thrust to the frontline with Mr. Schue and Mike. I would peg him as the second best male dancer in the New Directions behind Mike (since Artie doesn’t really count).

I know Mike was the one to complain about Kurt’s shoulder shimmy, but really, how can they complain about that when most everyone has their signature dance move? I find Kurt’s shoulder shimmy a lot less annoying than the way Mr. Schue awkwardly raises his arms every single time he does a spin. What the heck is up with the way Mr. Schue spins? Does he need his arms up to keep his balance on spins or something?

And if Mr. Schue was a good teacher and consistent, he really needs to talk to Blaine about the pee pee dance move. If he thinks Kurt needs to work on his dancing because of stuff like the shoulder shimmy, then it’s only fair that Mr. Schue should have to work on his arm raised spins, and Blaine should have to work on his pee pee move.

So, be honest. Does anyone else find Mr. Schue’s raised arms to be extremely annoying? Seriously, he shouldn’t be complaining about anyone else’s signature dance moves when he has one himself.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  dap1217 3/13/2012, 11:21 am

Matt Bomer once worked on stage,he was Melchior in Spring Awakening workshop,he left before Lea came in.Ugh that girl dryy
dap1217
dap1217
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  CloveGlee 3/13/2012, 11:37 am

Shue has a bias in favor of the hetronormative. He's not strictly speaking homophobic, but he's more comfortable with more butch kids.

CloveGlee
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/13/2012, 11:58 am

CloveGlee wrote:Shue has a bias in favor of the hetronormative. He's not strictly speaking homophobic, but he's more comfortable with more butch kids.

That doesn't excuse his annoying arms up spinning though moque

I declare this smiley panik as the official Mr. Schue panik smiley. Every time I mention Mr. Schue panik his name will be followed by that smile.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Struck by Lightning 3/13/2012, 12:07 pm

Now, I think that we all agree that Mr. Schue doesn’t fully appreciate Kurt’s talent. Actually, Mr. Schue doesn’t fully appreciate most of the kids talents. But the thing that really bugs me is that Mr. Schue lumped Kurt in with the kids who can’t dance. As CLoveGlee has mentioned, Kurt held his own during “Singing in the Rain/Umbrella” when he was thrust to the frontline with Mr. Schue and Mike. I would peg him as the second best male dancer in the New Directions behind Mike (since Artie doesn’t really count).

I know Mike was the one to complain about Kurt’s shoulder shimmy, but really, how can they complain about that when most everyone has their signature dance move? I find Kurt’s shoulder shimmy a lot less annoying than the way Mr. Schue awkwardly raises his arms every single time he does a spin. What the heck is up with the way Mr. Schue spins? Does he need his arms up to keep his balance on spins or something?
I always thought Will and Mike said that in I Am Unicorn specifically as another connection to the overall theme of effeminophobia in that episode, for the same reason Brittany just happenned to bring up the campaign with a very specific theme, and for the same reason we saw pointed criticism of Kurt from the three WSS judges. Of course, we'll really never know because they handled the resolution so badly, for WSS and the class president race, but even more so for the dance booty camp. They made a point of bringing up all this effeminophobia in one episode, but held no one to task for it, and that, IMO, is the most offensive thing RIB has done this season.

You also asked me about Grant Gusting: he is a very good singer (and a fabulous dancer), he just wasn't able to show it on Glee yet because they gave him the wrong songs.
His voice sort of reminded me of Matthew Morrison's on I Want You Back. And RIB does choose awful songs/the wrong songs for him, which is what I think they usually do with MM too, actually. Razz
Struck by Lightning
Struck by Lightning
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/13/2012, 12:33 pm

Struck by Lightning wrote:
I always thought Will and Mike said that in I Am Unicorn specifically as another connection to the overall theme of effeminophobia in that episode, for the same reason Brittany just happenned to bring up the campaign with a very specific theme, and for the same reason we saw pointed criticism of Kurt from the three WSS judges. Of course, we'll really never know because they handled the resolution so badly, for WSS and the class president race, but even more so for the dance booty camp. They made a point of bringing up all this effeminophobia in one episode, but held no one to task for it, and that, IMO, is the most offensive thing RIB has done this season.
Agreed (althought the Karofsky woobification is a good 2nd, imo).

His voice sort of reminded me of Matthew Morrison's on I Want You Back. And RIB does choose awful songs/the wrong songs for him, which is what I think they usually do with MM too, actually. Razz
Agreed again. Smile
They are wasting Matt Morrison's talent, and Grant Gustin's, and Chris', and Jenna's, and.....that's it, I think. blushh
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 3/13/2012, 5:34 pm

Why everybody is discussing in this thread? Lol!
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/13/2012, 6:27 pm

Shinra17 wrote:Why everybody is discussing in this thread? Lol!
You're right, we're too polite. Razz

Okay, I'll snark and bark: vomir
- Kurt needs a solo song, stat. Or he should get that flamethrower and burn down the Glee writers room over at Paramount.
- I'm pissed that Kurt never gets a decent part to sing in competitions. RIB are more stupid as Brittany.
- F*ck the Troubletones deal.
- The fact that Darren, Naya and Amber have got recording contracts with Fox is influencing the song distribution on Glee, and I'm puking sick of it.
- Will should be fired as Glee coach. He's a moron.
- Hemo should stick to dancing from now on and taking nude pictures on her phone. No more singing in competitions.
- Mike deserves a pat on the head for his efforts to learn to sing, but he's gotten his share and should stick to dancing and swaying in the background too for a while. He's not that good a singer.
- Don't give Darren songs he cannot sing!
- Stop with the stupid Finchel wedding plot. But keep the Berry daddies.
- This year should be about the seniors and I don't want the juniors featured heavily at competitions or in the storylines.
- Around the time of Nationals I want Blaine to get an eye-infection in his deeply-scratched-cornea-and-needs-surgery-eye, wear a heart-shaped eyepatch, take painkillers that might explain his terrible acting and hopefully will subdue his derp faces, be incapacitated and in a bed with a plaid blanket for at least a month, preferably during episodes 19-22 of season 3, while his brother sings I Am The Starlight with Kurt, and Blaine gets gorillagrams from a secret admirer who will turn out to be Karofsky, because even he cannot resist manly Blaine and has been thinking about him ever since he shoved him into the grid of the outdoors staircase at McKinley High: I'm sure Blaine prefers the butter scotch chocolates.
Good grief, that was one sentence. blinkk

Aaahhh, I feel better now. Snarking and barking is fun. Smile
Is this better, @Shinra? Did I pass?
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/13/2012, 7:46 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
Shinra17 wrote:Why everybody is discussing in this thread? Lol!
You're right, we're too polite. Razz

Okay, I'll snark and bark: vomir
- Kurt needs a solo song, stat. Or he should get that flamethrower and burn down the Glee writers room over at Paramount.
- I'm pissed that Kurt never gets a decent part to sing in competitions. RIB are more stupid as Brittany.
- F*ck the Troubletones deal.
- The fact that Darren, Naya and Amber have got recording contracts with Fox is influencing the song distribution on Glee, and I'm puking sick of it.
- Will should be fired as Glee coach. He's a moron.
- Hemo should stick to dancing from now on and taking nude pictures on her phone. No more singing in competitions.
- Mike deserves a pat on the head for his efforts to learn to sing, but he's gotten his share and should stick to dancing and swaying in the background too for a while. He's not that good a singer.

- Don't give Darren songs he cannot sing!
- Stop with the stupid Finchel wedding plot. But keep the Berry daddies.
- This year should be about the seniors and I don't want the juniors featured heavily at competitions or in the storylines.
- Around the time of Nationals I want Blaine to get an eye-infection in his deeply-scratched-cornea-and-needs-surgery-eye, wear a heart-shaped eyepatch, take painkillers that might explain his terrible acting and hopefully will subdue his derp faces, be incapacitated and in a bed with a plaid blanket for at least a month, preferably during episodes 19-22 of season 3, while his brother sings I Am The Starlight with Kurt, and Blaine gets gorillagrams from a secret admirer who will turn out to be Karofsky, because even he cannot resist manly Blaine and has been thinking about him ever since he shoved him into the grid of the outdoors staircase at McKinley High: I'm sure Blaine prefers the butter scotch chocolates.Good grief, that was one sentence. blinkk

Aaahhh, I feel better now. Snarking and barking is fun. Smile
Is this better, @Shinra? Did I pass?

Tell us what you really think, Marie. LOL

Regarding the bolded statements:

I didn't realize they all had recording contracts with Fox (because I don't really care about any of them and won't be buying any of their albums). That does explain a lot.

Regarding Mike and Hemo: And they both have more songs coming up according to recent tweets by Alex Anders. How the heck did these too (especially Mike) wind up getting so many songs this year?

Regarding the Berry daddies, I made that bigger, and bolded. They can stay forever. Maybe they can lock Santana and Blaine up in a closet somewhere because they are interferring with their little Rachella's solos.

Regarding the last bolded part, all of that can happen, but you have to add Kurt dumping Blaine's derpy ass in there somewhere.

Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/13/2012, 7:52 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Regarding the last bolded part, all of that can happen, but you have to add Kurt dumping Blaine's derpy ass in there somewhere.
I thought that was a given once Kurt gets to sing with Blaine's brother?
Why settle for less if he can get Matt Bomer? Razz
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/13/2012, 8:01 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:Regarding the last bolded part, all of that can happen, but you have to add Kurt dumping Blaine's derpy ass in there somewhere.
I thought that was a given once Kurt gets to sing with Blaine's brother?
Why settle for less if he can get Matt Bomer? Razz

Oh, I didn't realize that he was supposed to end up with Blaine's brother in your scenrio. Sorry.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/14/2012, 9:50 am

Glorfindel wrote:^As far as I can tell from spoilers on several websites Blaine is singing in all 4 of the new episodes they are shooting now. :angry:
BTW: so is Santana. :angry:

Yay! More songs by Blaine and Santana! I hope we get Mercedes every episode too! (I won't add Rachel to my sarcasm because I almost always enjoy her songs). Note to self: Start watching Glee a half hour late so I can fast forward through the pointless musical numbers.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/14/2012, 12:03 pm

Delight wrote:
I need a new mantra myself. Seriously??? Blaine and Santana singing in every episode again. Seriously??? What is wrong with these people (i.e. TPTB behind Glee who determines the song list and singers)? Can't they already tell that a lot of people are sick of hearing the same people sing over and over again? (---)
Whereas if Blaine or Santana or Mercedes so much as open their mouths to sing anymore at this point, most of us would be clicking on the fast-forward button, or be looking for something to throw at our TV/computer screens.
I have the hope that some day these supernovas will self-implode and turn into black holes (no pun intended towards Darren ptdr ).
Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1 - Page 33 Kurt-annoyed

Hmm.. I notice that many of us are very dissatisfied with the Klaine relationship and are wishing for it to end. So how about this, why don't we discuss how it could/should have been developed to make it more interesting for television?
By hiring a better actor to play Blaine.
Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1 - Page 33 Tumblr_lvysj2FEl71r0nsai

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, that's how you snark and bark, @Delight. Wink
Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1 - Page 33 Tumblr_lruogoj9Yx1qzxlw6o2_250

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really need to go do my taxes now, and I'm delaying by snapping at Darren: that's how desperate I am. :(
Sorry guys, I'll try to be a better person after my taxes are done. Mad
Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 1 - Page 33 Sigh-Chris

Last edited by Glorfindel on 3/14/2012, 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/14/2012, 9:05 pm

Karen: how about the episode discussion thread? while the episode is airing, for a few days people can refrain from going there if they don't want to get spoiled, and then after a few days like now everybody has seen the episode we can just it as a catch all place for everything related to glee's epsiodes, general writing, character and ship issues, while allowing sensible criticsms that's not bashing. the last thing I want is another new thread and people end up posting all over the place again because they are not very sure where to go.

so, we can keep the appreciation thread for chris related news, red carpet events, smaller side projects like play 8, general swooning, press articles, and if someone wants to speculate about his bf (I am not but someone may want to).
We can use the episodic discussion thread for discussing everything related to Glee - including the writing, acting, singing, kurt-related ships, whatever. for people who dont want to get spoiled right after the easter coast showing of Glee, remind them stay off that thread until they've seen the show.
the snark and bark thread will be used for heavy duty venting - for language and material that may be offensive for certain members of our forum.

Make sure you write a clear directive in the first post of the thread to spell out what the thread is exactly for (like the example I gave above) and what is allowed/not allowed.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/14/2012, 9:12 pm

I don't think that the episode discussion thread is the right place. It might get confusing if we are in the middle of a discussion when the episode airs. And that could make the discussions unavailable to some members around the time the episode airs.

One thing to remember is that even though there are multiple threads, there is no need to keep them all alive and active every single day. The episode thread will be dead for the next month, but it will get active when Big Brother airs.

A general glee discussion thread would only need to be active when someone comes up with something we want to discuss.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/14/2012, 10:06 pm

^ well the thing is, when to switch off from the episode discussion thread and move to general discussion thread? people usually continue the same thread to pick up an existing topic. some people may have moved on to the general thread and others may still lag in the old thread and everybody talking all over hte place again. might as well use spoiler tags during hte few days right after the airing? My rec is to keep as fewer threads as possible so reduce confusion. I am not worried about dead threads, but it's nice to keep all discussions in the same thread.

calling all members to contribute to our discussions here! what's your take?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/14/2012, 10:26 pm

But the point of the episode thread was to be able to discuss the episodes without spoiler tags and keep the episode discussions out of the other discussion threads so that the people who want to discuss the episodes can freely and others can join in after they saw the episode. This is something that some of our members who rely on getting downloads of the episodes to view them expressed wanting. It allows them to freely participate in all of the other threads on the board while avoiding the episode thread until after they view it. By putting the discussions like we've had here the past couple of thread into the episode discussion thread, we'd be taking that option away from them.

I've never participated in a board where people are so afraid of having multiple threads. Wink Every other board I've ever participated on (including the GF), people just made threads when they wanted, and if people were interested in participating, they would, and if they weren't interested, they wouldn't participate. Some threads would die after a few posts, some would last forever.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next