Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

Post  Vir Cotto on 5/15/2014, 5:56 pm

Buenos wrote:Extended look at Grant Gustin's "Flash"

http://www.vulture.com/2014/05/the-flash-video-trailer.html

bounce  bounce

That looks really good! I'm glad Chris and Grant are going on to better things.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Vir Cotto
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 5/15/2014, 7:05 pm

That trailer of 'Flash' is looking very promissing.
And I'm sure Grant will do a stellar job with the role.  wub

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious on 5/15/2014, 7:15 pm

Chris needs to guest star as a villain on the Flash. Now we only have to find out who to bribe to make it happen  Smile 

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Vir Cotto on 5/15/2014, 7:35 pm

Divalicious wrote:Chris needs to guest star as a villain on the Flash.  Now we only have to find out who to bribe to make it happen  Smile 

I've long wanted Chris to play The Question: not a villain, but a paranoid, conspiracy theory obsessed hero, who's disguise is a hat, a trench coat, and a substance that makes his face appear completely blank. The Question is who the character Rorschach from the Watchmen is based on.

Vir Cotto
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious on 5/15/2014, 7:53 pm

Oh my goodness, that sounds great. Although Evil Chris is equally appealing. Paranoid Chris is interesting, hmmm.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 5/15/2014, 7:56 pm

Divalicious wrote:Oh my goodness, that sounds great.  Although Evil Chris is equally appealing.  Paranoid Chris is interesting, hmmm.

Maybe he can play twins ? One good one evil.

Both Chris C & Max A are great actors. Hope they work together again someday.

Huge fan of the talented,  kind  sweet, wonderful  Chris  Colfer

Really enjoyed Old Dog New Tricks. The Best Glee episode in a long time.
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 5/15/2014, 8:01 pm

ChrisColferFan1 wrote:Maybe he can play twins ? One good one evil.
Lol, Grant actually did that once, on CSI Miami if I remember correctly.  Smile

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 5/15/2014, 8:04 pm

As of now my guess is that Glee gets an order of 6-13 episodes to end the series.

I can't see production going beyond the Christmas break, they should be able to wrap up 13 episodes ( at most) by then.

With a slashed budget and a scaled down cast I can't see major production over runs occurring so for all intents and purposes Glee will be finished within 7 -8 months.

The end is closer than ever and NGL, I do have mixed feelings.  :( 
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 5/15/2014, 8:10 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
ChrisColferFan1 wrote:Maybe he can play twins ? One good one evil.
Lol, Grant actually did that once, on CSI Miami if I remember correctly.  Smile

I   believe he did too,I know he did play twins on CSI Mami.  Chris no  doubt would be able to pull  it off.

Last edited by ChrisColferFan1 on 5/15/2014, 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To fix a typo.)

Both Chris C & Max A are great actors. Hope they work together again someday.

Huge fan of the talented,  kind  sweet, wonderful  Chris  Colfer

Really enjoyed Old Dog New Tricks. The Best Glee episode in a long time.
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 5/15/2014, 8:22 pm

I have to chuckle when I read in other places that Ryan Murphy will dictate the terms of an episode order for Season 6 with FOX.

Those contracts/guarantees/renewals come with clauses , there are reasons why networks have a slew of lawyers working for them. The second year of the 2 year renewal won't happen if FOX determines it will cost too much. Ryan is going to have to concede also. The idea that Ryan has an entire network under his thumb is simply Tweeners ass lickers wet panty/jockey-shorts fantasy .  Rolling Eyes 

As to Ryan's loyalty to his cast and crew, it's there I'm sure but limited. He couldn't save the Noobs having an ignominious exit from the show so there's that. Dumping the Noobs as he did shows that he doesn't control everything.
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Catt24 on 5/15/2014, 8:35 pm

Buenos wrote:I have to chuckle when  I read in other places that Ryan Murphy will dictate the terms of an episode order for Season 6 with FOX.

Those contracts/guarantees/renewals come with clauses , there are reasons why networks have a slew of lawyers working for them. The second year of the  2 year renewal won't happen if FOX determines it will cost too much.  Ryan is going to have to concede also.  The idea that Ryan has an entire network under his thumb is simply Tweeners ass lickers wet panty/jockey-shorts fantasy .  Rolling Eyes 

As to Ryan's loyalty to his cast and crew, it's there I'm sure but limited.  He couldn't save the Noobs having an ignominious exit from the show so there's that. Dumping the Noobs as he did shows that he doesn't control everything.

I have to laugh as well. Seriously, FOX is Ryan's boss, they are paying him and the show the monies in order for Glee to air. It's so laughably common sense that Ryan is not the God of FOX, he is contracted by FOX like any other employee in where said employer (FOX) has the right to terminate your services for specific reasons/cause.

The bottom line is how much both sides are willing to invest for Glee to continue. I can already surmise that FOX would either want to cancel Glee outright, or give it a minimum number of episodes for order. The bigger question is how much Ryan is ready to fight and concede since it's already been stated Brad Falchuck, and not Ryan himself, was more involved with Glee. Add to this with Ryan's other projects on the horizon, and his attention span, I'm sure those factors will weigh into his decision making/talks with FOX as well.

Catt24
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 5/15/2014, 8:55 pm

The bottom line is how much both sides are willing to invest for Glee to continue. I can already surmise that FOX would either want to cancel Glee outright, or give it a minimum number of episodes for order. The bigger question is how much Ryan is ready to fight and concede since it's already been stated Brad Falchuck, and not Ryan himself, was more involved with Glee. Add to this with Ryan's other projects on the horizon, and his attention span, I'm sure those factors will weigh into his decision making/talks with FOX as well.

Exactly. Both sides will negotiate and concede and try to save face, obviously, but at the end of the day FOX foots the entire bill for Glee's production costs, not Ryan. They are more in the driver's-seat and network history in these negotiations has proven that time after time after time.

If anything it seems some industry spec from the media implies it looks like FOX would lose more by OKing a full 22 episode order.

It's ludicrous to think Ryan would/could force FOX to lose potentially tens of millions of dollars ( a 22 episode order at a minimum cost of 3 million/episode is 36 million minimum production costs) because he somehow possesses an iron clad contract with all the terms solely in his favor.

Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 5/15/2014, 10:43 pm

Buenos wrote:Extended look at Grant Gustin's "Flash"

http://www.vulture.com/2014/05/the-flash-video-trailer.html

bounce  bounce

That was incredible.

I know Chris would love to watch this when it airs but he could be already in England when it starts.

Grant is a really good actor as all I saw was his character.

I really hope we get it fast tracked here and we don't have to wait for a month or so.

Though I know I will be able to get a download.

But I would like to add to the ratings when it is shown here.
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 5/16/2014, 1:26 am

for some reason i cannot see the trailer. instead of seeing "flash" all i got was darkness (black screen). does anybody have a you tube version?
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 5/16/2014, 1:36 am

ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 5/16/2014, 1:50 am

^ thank you so much Liz! looks really good.
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth on 5/16/2014, 12:36 pm

This looks like a promising show.  neutre 

I never got interested in Arrow after watching a short clip, but this seems like it's more my cup of tea (not just because of Grant, though he helps  fanny2 ).
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 on 5/16/2014, 1:08 pm

Ireth wrote:This looks like a promising show.  neutre 

I never got interested in Arrow after watching a short clip, but this seems like it's more my cup of tea (not just because of Grant, though he helps  fanny2 ).

I watched around 5 minutes of Arrow and had to stop. Really not my cup of tea and I never felt any desire to watch it again. Also just based on pictures and clips, I already know I will hate the main actress (like 80% of the Arrow fandom does) and I am not keen to watch yet another show hating a main character.

I will give The Flash a chance. I must say, I am not that impressed with the trailer and thought the acting was sometimes a bit weird. But it is Grant, so I will at least watch the pilot for forming my final opinion. I am good fangirl  neutre 
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 5/16/2014, 1:17 pm

Arrow is bit too dark at times...

"Flash" already in the clips has more of a sense of humor and tongue in cheek, though a lot of that  I suspect is what Grant brings to the role.  (His "abs" line was perfectly delivered)

So, so, so thrilled for Grant.

His pal Chris I'm sure is thrilled for him too, (and vice versa for  Chris' announced big movie role)
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 on 5/16/2014, 1:29 pm

Buenos wrote:His pal Chris I'm sure is thrilled for him too, (and vice versa for  Chris' announced big movie role)

Oh, I am sure of it. This is a massive career boost for Grant and I really hope and believe the show will do well. Arrow is very successful for CW. In case I will not like it, I already know I will be in the minority. And I have zero problems with that. I wish Grant all the best!
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors on 5/16/2014, 2:26 pm

If The Flash is even half as interesting and engaging as Arrow, it's gonna be a decent show. Right now, next to Hannibal and Once Upon a Time, Arrow is my favorite. (not to mention, so much hot guys, tight abs, and just look at the smokin' hottie in my avatar.  phr34r )

tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 5/16/2014, 2:43 pm

tanita_mors wrote:If The Flash is even half as interesting and engaging as Arrow, it's gonna be a decent show. Right now, next to Hannibal and Once Upon a Time, Arrow is my favorite. (not to mention, so much hot guys, tight abs, and just look at the smokin' hottie in my avatar.  phr34r )
 Funny you mention them,  Chris has 6 degrees of separation to all 4 series..

Bryan Fuller the show runner of "Hannibal" gushes about his  Chris love (" I fucking love that kid") online in twitter, of course Grant Gustin with Arrow/Flash, and in "One upon the time" one of the leads Jennifer Morrison actually was a producer of Glee it's first year, as she helped bring the original draft to the attention of Ryan Murphy.  IIRC Glee was based in part on her and one of the other Glee's producer (Brad or Ian's) HS experiences.

So you never know, Chris could do a guest starring role in any of them... Razz
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 on 5/16/2014, 2:50 pm

Buenos wrote: Funny you mention them,  Chris has 6 degrees of separation to all 4 series..

Bryan Fuller the show runner of "Hannibal" gushes about his  Chris love (" I fucking love that kid") online in twitter, of course Grant Gustin with Arrow/Flash, and in "One upon the time" one of the leads Jennifer Morrison actually was a producer of Glee it's first year, as she helped bring the original draft to the attention of Ryan Murphy.  IIRC Glee was based in part on her and one of the other Glee's producer (Brad or Ian's) HS experiences.

So you never know, Chris could do a guest starring role in any of them... Razz

Wait, what?!  Shocked 
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors on 5/16/2014, 3:17 pm

morrison is a close friend with ian brennan if i'm not mistaken. and she introduced him and murphy. she was an executive producer of glee in the first season.

tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top