Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

+28
Sunshine 2012
Kurt addict
opals
Jellyrolls
valkeakuulas
kac
sheny
TimF
tanita_mors
Ireth
Divalicious
Catt24
angelnessa
Tash87
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColferFan1
Glorfindel
Lottie2303
Georgette888
mindschemez
Ranwing
fantastica
bayth
coxfire
Buenos
brisallie
Vir Cotto
ColferInspired
32 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 2 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

Post  ColferInspired 5/13/2014, 8:26 am

Glorfindel wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote:The total lack of information I have on my dash regarding the Upfronts speak volumes. Glee for all intense and purposes is dead.
Same here. I think I saw a selfie of Lea and Darren, tweeted by Lea herself, and that's it.

Glee has no more buzz these days unless it's negative buzz.  mince

I am getting a lot of SBL on my dash tonight.

One gif set has 482 hundred thousand notes.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 2 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

Post  brisallie 5/13/2014, 9:23 am

Georgette888 wrote:
brisallie wrote:

Btw who's Brian Castor? I really like his witty response.

Brian Cantor.

He is an online critic / entertainment reporter. @cantorpedia on twitter and founder of Headlineplanet

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 2 Tumblr_n5hnw8yivV1rwgozyo1_250General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 2 Tumblr_n5hnw8yivV1rwgozyo2_r1_250
General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 2 Tumblr_n5hnw8yivV1rwgozyo3_r1_250General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 2 Tumblr_n5hnw8yivV1rwgozyo4_r1_250

Show's communication with its cast strikes again.  Rolling Eyes

Cantor, I pressed the wrong key. Thanks

This's exactly like what happened in January, the cast found out the news at an public event. Unless Ryam himself was informed that day about these changes and had not time to tell them...umm I doubt it. And I think this announcement surpasses the upfronts, is commenting more that what lea, darren and chord said or wore at the event.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 5/13/2014, 9:33 am

It's obviously how far Glee has fallen when you look at the fact that FOX is spending nearly nothing on advertising for the show. The Glee-a-long tweet sessions are the most significant promo efforts for Glee at this point because it costs absolutely nothing except an hour or two of time. All shows and networks are increasingly using social media as a way to get eyeballs watchings, but it's not a substitute for traditional advertising. And the fact that the ratings for Glee have totally fallen through the floor is a glaring indication that depending on tweets to entice viewers is a complete failure.

I'm wondering if Chris has some prior warning that things were happening behind the scenes regarding the future of Glee and that played into his decision to skip the upfronts. Because I actually felt really sorry for Chord trying to answer those questions about next seasons and being caught completely flatfooted.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/13/2014, 9:56 am

Ranwing wrote:I'm wondering if Chris has some prior warning that things were happening behind the scenes regarding the future of Glee and that played into his decision to skip the upfronts. Because I actually felt really sorry for Chord trying to answer those questions about next seasons and being caught completely flatfooted.
I felt sorry for him too, poor Chord.

What a terrible way to handle thingsover at Fox. Besides the obvious feelings of the actors who were now practically caught unawares in front of the media cameras, there's also the fact that this really is no way to present your company and your show to the public, with noone really knowing anything (when they really should have more solid information about episodes orders at the Upfronts) and people now seeing that Fox didn't even tell their actors the little that they did know.

Kevin Reilly's vague answers about talking to Ryan in the near future about how many episodes Glee will still get..... these things should either already have been decided so Kevin could have confirmed that shorter season, or Kevin should have kept his mouth shut completely and say something like "It will be decided after the season's finale" or "We're not ready to reveal that information yet".
By talking about a full season and then immediately afterwards uttering several variations of "We'll sit with Ryan Murphy to talk about if Glee will need/get those 22 episodes" Kevin only makes things shady and questionable when it comes to their (dwindeling) faith of Glee's market value and RIB's ability to keep it together for another full season.

It just was not handled very well PR-wise, as per usual.  Rolling Eyes

I hope we'll hear something from Chris or his team regarding his future projects and/or agenda in the next few months soon.  unsure
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/13/2014, 10:20 am

Glorfindel wrote:
Ranwing wrote:I'm wondering if Chris has some prior warning that things were happening behind the scenes regarding the future of Glee and that played into his decision to skip the upfronts. Because I actually felt really sorry for Chord trying to answer those questions about next seasons and being caught completely flatfooted.
I felt sorry for him too, poor Chord.

What a terrible way to handle thingsover at Fox. Besides the obvious feelings of the actors who were now practically caught unawares in front of the media cameras, there's also the fact that this really is no way to present your company and your show to the public, with noone really knowing anything (when they really should have more solid information about episodes orders at the Upfronts) and people now seeing that Fox didn't even tell their actors the little that they did know.

Kevin Reilly's vague answers about talking to Ryan in the near future about how many episodes Glee will still get..... these things should either already have been decided so Kevin could have confirmed that shorter season, or Kevin should have kept his mouth shut completely and say something like "It will be decided after the season's finale" or "We're not ready to reveal that information yet".
By talking about a full season and then immediately afterwards uttering several variations of "We'll sit with Ryan Murphy to talk about if Glee will need/get those 22 episodes" Kevin only makes things shady and questionable when it comes to their (dwindeling) faith of Glee's market value and RIB's ability to keep it together for another full season.

It just was not handled very well PR-wise, as per usual.  Rolling Eyes

I hope we'll hear something from Chris or his team regarding his future projects and/or agenda in the next few months soon.  unsure

Check out what I just posted in the spoiler thread or the Chris Appreciation Thread for some wonderful news about Chris and his projects.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/13/2014, 10:22 am

^I Know!!!!!!!! I just saw it!!!!!!!

I got my wish really fast, lol.  Razz
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/13/2014, 10:30 am

Glorfindel wrote:^I Know!!!!!!!! I just saw it!!!!!!!

I got my wish really fast, lol.  Razz

It just popped up my dashboard with no surprises, so I just thought he was promoting the finale.

Thank goodness I did look at the video, because I had a good day today, and this is the perfect end to it.  Smile
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/13/2014, 10:43 am

FOX's Reilly is an idiot.

You don't confirm a 22 episode order for Glee only to say it may be subject to change, LOL.

Unless it's a planned move for a show like " American Idol" or "24" a mid season replacement is by it's nature a 13-16 episode order.

Once again What an idiot.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/13/2014, 10:49 am

Besides all the flailing and cheering over Chris' new projects he also said something about Glee's finale.  Smile 

From how I read his comments Klaine's future will be threatened but they will be fine in the end.
(whenever Chris says that fans will be happy he usually means "klainers will be happy" so..... *sigh*)
How exciting.  Sleep
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 5/13/2014, 10:54 am

Glorfindel wrote:Besides all the flailing and cheering over Chris' new projects he also said something about Glee's finale.  Smile 

From how I read his comments Klaine's future will be threatened but they will be fine in the end.
(whenever Chris says that fans will be happy he usually means "klainers will be happy" so..... *sigh*)
How exciting.  Sleep

Good points I agree. I for one won't be watching the finale. I for one won't be happy even a little bit if Kurt gives up on his dreams to follow Blaine to LA and just be a househusband.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 5/13/2014, 10:56 am

I don't think that Reilly confirmed the order. If Glee was running a full season as was previously expected when they made the original 2 season renewal, then the full 22 episode order would have been a given. But when the renewal announcement was made last year, no one expected the bottom to completely fall out in regards to the ratings. When Ink Master (on a relatively minor cable channel) is doing better with the prize demographic than Glee is, you know that something radical had to change. I think that the final decision to cut the season short might have come suddenly, but it's probably been discussed BTS for quite some time.

I honestly don't think that the network had a whole lot of choice given just how badly the ratings have fallen. To me, giving Glee a half season to wrap up its storylines is a huge favor to RIB and the cast because by any rights, Glee should have been canceled after tonight. And while I have some sympathy for the actors in having to do a major public event right on the heels of this news coming out, I have a feeling that this news wasn't exactly a surprise. You would have to be blind not to see that the network was having serious reservations about the show's continued existence and even if the news was sudden, Lea, Darren and Chord still made the decision to appear at the Upfronts. I don't think that anyone would have blamed them for dropping their appearances given this news.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/13/2014, 11:11 am

I think FOX is also checking out the reaction from the fanbase. Usually a major outrage should be happening since yesterday. With the exception of Klaine fans, the fanbase is celebrating gleefully (hehe) the potential cancellation of the entire season. That is by no means normal at all. It gives you are very good insight how the Glee audience actually thinks of the show.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 5/13/2014, 11:18 am

At this point, I don't think that the fan reaction is going to play into FOX's decisions. In the end, it's a business and right now, Glee is a property that is not living up to expectations. Viewership is down to local cable network levels, which means that advertising revenue suffers. It doesn't matter how vocal fans might be on Tumblr, Facebook and other social media if fewer and fewer viewers are watching the show.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/13/2014, 11:26 am

^ Agreed. But a fan outrage may influence FOX by the number of episodes they order. Maybe they are still a bit conflicted by the final number of episodes, and a strong fan reaction would work in favor for Glee. Obviously this did not happen. I fully expect a 13-episode season in 2015.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 5/13/2014, 11:42 am

I doubt that fan outrage will push FOX to order more episodes. Not when there aren't enough of those fans actually watching. FOX knows full well that social media is not exactly the best gage of how many people are actually watching the show and how loyal those viewers really are.

In the end, it's going to come down to dollars. Glee is not bringing in enough revenue and it's not getting the kind of critical prestigue that it used to that might make up for the loss in viewship. Networks cancel shows that are critical darlings but don't find an audience and Glee is unfortunate that it doesn't have either now. I think that it's only because of Glee's earlier popularity that it's getting this chance to close out its stories rather than just having the plug pulled.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/13/2014, 11:58 am

May 13th, 8:36am EST
Album:
62. Glee Cast - Glee: The Music - The Untitled Rachel Berry Project
Singles Top 1500:
1097. Glee Cast - All of Me (Glee Cast Version)
May 13th, 10:27am EST
Album:
55. Glee Cast - Glee: The Music - The Untitled Rachel Berry Project
Singles Top 1500:
859. Glee Cast - All of Me (Glee Cast Version)
1162. Glee Cast - Pompeii (Glee Cast Version)

Klainers think they are that big of a fanbase that they can send this EP and songs higher up in the charts and save the show.

They are scared they are going to lose their Klaine wedding.

How they did with the power voting for the PCA's when voting for Darren and Klaine, they are going to do something similar by continuously buying.

If they want to waste their money, then good luck to them.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/13/2014, 12:01 pm

^If they want their Klaine wedding, shouldn't they be buying the season's finale Klaine duet 'American Boy' instead of the Blaine solo 'All of Me'?  dryy 

(silly me, these are KBlainers, not Kurt fans)  Rolling Eyes
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 5/13/2014, 12:03 pm

Glorfindel wrote:^If they want their Klaine wedding, shouldn't they be buying the season's finale Klaine duet 'American Boy' instead of the Blaine solo 'All of Me'?  dryy 

True,and I agree.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/13/2014, 12:09 pm

Glorfindel wrote:^If they want their Klaine wedding, shouldn't they be buying the season's finale Klaine duet 'American Boy' instead of the Blaine solo 'All of Me'?  dryy 

They are so delusional, and obviously still believe Blarren is the biggest star, when Chris is the one who has movie projects.  Razz

We will hear of their tears when no amount of money they have spent will not make these rise anywhere near to what they expect, such as top ten or number 1 even.

It is really quite funny.  ptdr
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 5/13/2014, 12:12 pm

Oh, who cares about the K(B)lainers any more. A song hitting in the mid 800s on the charts isn't exactly going to excite a network into giving their pet pairing extra notice.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/13/2014, 12:26 pm

Ranwing wrote:Oh, who cares about the K(B)lainers any more. A song hitting in the mid 800s on the charts isn't exactly going to excite a network into giving their pet pairing extra notice.

I just want them to realise they are not that big of a fandom as they think they are.

In a couple of days they will get a reality check that they can't make "All Of Me" go number 1.

That they are small and insignificant.

They have yelled and screamed everyone loves Klaine for a long time.

That the ratings are bad because their is not enough Klaine.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 5/13/2014, 12:34 pm

ColferInspired wrote:
Ranwing wrote:Oh, who cares about the K(B)lainers any more. A song hitting in the mid 800s on the charts isn't exactly going to excite a network into giving their pet pairing extra notice.

I just want them to realise they are not that big of a fandom as they think they are.

In a couple of days they will get a reality check that they can't make "All Of Me" go number 1.

That they are small and insignificant.

They have yelled and screamed everyone loves Klaine for a long time.

That the ratings are bad because their is not enough Klaine.

Good points.
I for one do not like Klaine,Mainly because in my opinion it is unbalance . Chris did made it more balance in is episode.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/13/2014, 12:37 pm

Let just talk and live in their own little bubble. All the recent announcements are telling us a completely different picture. Chris has more upcoming projects to release to the public, where we are not aware yet of the exact details. It is a great time for a lol-Glee and Chris fan  rooots 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/13/2014, 12:38 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:Let just talk and live in their own little bubble. All the recent announcements are telling us a completely different picture. Chris has more upcoming projects to release to the public, where we are not aware yet of the exact details. It is a great time for a lol-Glee and Chris fan  rooots 

I know.

But their tears will be delicious.  Smile
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 5/13/2014, 12:40 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:Let just talk and live in their own little bubble. All the recent announcements are telling us a completely different picture. Chris has more upcoming projects to release to the public, where we are not aware yet of the exact details. It is a great time for a lol-Glee and Chris fan  rooots 

Good points.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next