Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9

+29
Sunshine 2012
Divalicious
kac
M&M
TimF
ChrisColfersLightning
mindschemez
valkeakuulas
angelnessa
sheny
Ireth
coxfire
Delight
ladydianab
Ranwing
fantastica
Jellyrolls
opals
tanita_mors
MoviesAreLife
Georgette888
Kurt addict
ChrisColferFan1
brisallie
ColferInspired
Buenos
Glorfindel
bayth
Lottie2303
33 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 22 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9

Post  Buenos 8/19/2014, 8:51 pm

http://blogs.indiewire.com/bent/13-lgbt-actors-emmy-nominated-for-playing-lgbt-characters-chris-colfer-20140818

Chris Colfer
Nominated For: At just 20 years old, Chris Colfer received his first of two Emmy nominations in 2010 for playing Kurt Hummel on "Glee."
Did He Win?: No… He lost both times to a member of the "Modern Family" cast (Eric Stonestreet in 2010 and Ty Burrell in 2011).
Significance: Notably in 2010, Colfer's nomination alongside Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Neil Patrick Harris and Eric Stonestreet -- the latter of whom won -- meant that 50% of the best supporting actor in a comedy nominees were openly LGBT, and 50% of them were nominated for playing LGBT characters. Which is pretty impressive. Though even more impressive was how thoughtful and eloquent the young Colfer has been with regard to LGBT issues during his time in the spotlight.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 22 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9

Post  ColferInspired 8/22/2014, 6:59 am

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 22 Tumblr_namk8f3pvV1s5swv8o1_500

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 22 Tumblr_namk8f3pvV1s5swv8o2_500

sickofswimmin89:
From Chris Colfer’s high school literary magazine.

ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/22/2014, 7:01 am

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 22 Tumblr_namkah4BMK1s5swv8o1_500
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt addict 8/22/2014, 7:08 am

This boy's imagination is truly a gift, I love these short stories he sure knows how to capture his reader! If I had been his teacher. I would have been doing handstands,  wub 
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/22/2014, 7:11 am

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 22 Tumblr_namkfj3dan1s5swv8o1_500

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 22 Tumblr_namkfj3dan1s5swv8o2_500
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/22/2014, 7:33 am

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 22 Tumblr_namk5dFbLx1s5swv8o1_500
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/22/2014, 7:36 am

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 22 Tumblr_nap418W0C41qh5dyro1_500
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 8/22/2014, 9:10 pm

Having seen all of those stories Chris wrote, for one side he has a big imagination, and by other, I wonder if he wrote half of the stuff? Reminds me Carson Smile
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/22/2014, 11:08 pm

brisallie wrote:Having seen all of those stories Chris wrote, for one side he has a big imagination, and by other, I wonder if he wrote half of the stuff? Reminds me Carson Smile

I think he did in an interview as he tried to bribe one his class mates to write something for his magazine. This would be in one of the SBL interviews.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/22/2014, 11:13 pm

I think this is the person that was a class mate of Chris's and she is the one that went to one of his book signings this book tour.

She definitely has a piece of history keeping this literary magazine he created.

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 22 Tumblr_namkz4JITi1s5swv8o1_500
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/22/2014, 11:14 pm

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 22 Tumblr_namkx0LGrk1s5swv8o1_500
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/22/2014, 11:26 pm

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 22 Tumblr_namkj4pWA31s5swv8o1_500

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 22 Tumblr_namkj4pWA31s5swv8o2_500
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/22/2014, 11:48 pm

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 22 Tumblr_namkcnyjcy1s5swv8o1_500
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/22/2014, 11:57 pm

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 22 Tumblr_namk3aLpsh1s5swv8o1_500
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 22 Empty Amazing art by line126

Post  Kurt addict 8/24/2014, 5:24 pm

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 22 Tumblr_natorzuNaV1shttr1o1_1280
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 22 Empty baby penguin/ hmm i think not

Post  Kurt addict 8/24/2014, 5:45 pm

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 22 Tumblr_mjeqtlCJTU1s823ndo1_250

wub wub 
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/29/2014, 6:56 am

http://thecelebritycafe.com/feature/2014/08/top-10-fictional-book-characters?page=3

Top 10 fictional book characters
By Elizabeth Learned, 8/27/2014

In the literary world, we have come across many books that have characters we hold close to our hearts. They go through journeys that mirror our own, making us feel like we know them inside and hour. For centuries, books have allowed us to escape into a world like no other and provided us with characters we can look up to.

.......... 9. Alex and Conner Bailey
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/30/2014, 10:06 am

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 22 Tumblr_nb3gx3oMju1qjlzrgo1_r1_500

High-res
theawesomenessthatischriscolfer:
The Land Of Stories, A Grimm Warning has moved up to number 12 on the LA Times Best Selling Hardback Fiction Books in ALL categories, Adult and Children.
It is an Amazing achievement!!!!
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  mindschemez 8/30/2014, 4:58 pm

That's really amazing! The book and series are doing so well. hiphopa

mindschemez
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/31/2014, 3:43 pm

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 22 Tumblr_nb6icmbL2K1qe476yo1_500

What a precious woman. wub
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 9/2/2014, 1:22 am

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 22 Tumblr_nb9akh4nmK1qe476yo1_500
Chris Colfer and Will Sherrod at Celebration Theatre’s Vibrant Voice Awards, April 26, 2014 [x]

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 22 Tumblr_nb9bitAQxO1qe476yo2_500
Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 22 Tumblr_nb9bitAQxO1qe476yo1_500

Chris Colfer at the Celebration Theatre’s Vibrant Voice Awards, April 26, 2014 [x]

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 22 Tumblr_nb954b6kec1qe476yo1_500

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/2/2014, 8:03 am

CHRIS COLFER:
It’s very difficult and sometimes impossible to find time to write with my Glee schedule. Thanks to The Land of Stories though, I think writing will become my primary job once Glee is over. I love that I can do it in my pajamas at home.

I confess to having ambivalent feelings at times on Chris writing career. Yes it gives him flexibility and freedom in his career but at the same tine for purely selfish reasons I want him to come out in as many acting projects as possible.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/2/2014, 8:50 am

^I wouldn't worry too much. I'm sure the acting bug bit Chris deeply and repeatedly when he was still only a wee lad. Smile

He won't be able to resist new opportunities as an actor when they come his way. And he said often that he's a selfish writer: writing roles for himself.
He'll be on screen (big screen or tv screen) plenty in the future, imo. fanny2

But maybe at the moment he's a bit fed up with some aspects of being an actor in a (once) popular show, like having to work with terribly frustrating scripts/storylines that demean his character and don't use his talents properly, and being harassed constantly by rude 'fans' and tinhatters who blame him for everything.
So he might want to lay low for a while, or at least not choose any more projects that will bring out the crazy demanding fangirls in droves because of a stupid ship. And who can blame him for that?

BTW, here's the entire interview that excerpt came from:

Chris Colfer - Maci and Zoe read books.

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 22 Chris-colfer-300x300

We had the opportunity to interview Chris Colfer via e-mail.
Chris Colfer is a #1 New York Times bestselling author and a Golden Globe-winning actor. He plays Kurt Hummel on Glee. He was honored as a member of the TIME 100, Time magazine’s annual list of the one hundred most influential people in the world, and his books include Struck By Lightning: The Carson Phillips Journal, The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell, The Land of Stories: The Enchantress Returns, and The Land of Stories: A Grimm Warning.

MACI & ZOE:
Where did you get the idea for The Land of Stories? Did it end up the way you intended it to?
CHRIS COLFER:
I got the idea for The Land of Stories when I was a very little kid. I loved fairy tales and was never satisfied with the way they ended, so I elaborated each story in my mind. The first book, The Wishing Spell, is exactly the same story I came up with as a kid. It was much easier to write as an adult though.

MACI & ZOE:
Do you miss your characters when you finish writing a book?
CHRIS COLFER:
The characters are all loosely based on people I know, so they feel like family to me! I miss them a lot when I’m not writing. Luckily, they’re only a thought away.

MACI & ZOE:
What is your favorite bookstore?
CHRIS COLFER:
I tend to like antique or used book stores. I always hope I’ll find a magical book that transports me into another dimension, like the characters in my own books. No luck yet.

MACI & ZOE:
What is your favorite dessert?
CHRIS COLFER:
I love chocolate chip cookies and vanilla ice cream. It’s always my first choice, but if I’m feeling adventurous I may go for some strawberry ice cream.

MACI & ZOE:
Do you like to read during meals, if so a book, newspaper, or something else?
CHRIS COLFER:
Usually it’s a newspaper or a magazine. Hearing or reading about business always makes me hungry, so I usually make sure I have a snack when I do.

MACI & ZOE:
What do you like to use as bookmarks?
CHRIS COLFER:
Whatever is close! I’ve used receipts, headphones, ribbon, and ripped up pieces of paper before. I actually have hundreds of bookmarks but they never seem to be in reach.

MACI & ZOE:
Do you prefer to read with real books or an electronic device?
CHRIS COLFER:
It depends on where I am. I love the touch and smell of books, so if I’m home I like using the real deal. If I’m traveling I like to read on my iPad. Even if I’ve read a book on my iPad I still like showing off a real copy on my book shelf. It’s like a trophy.

MACI & ZOE:
What is your favorite genre?
CHRIS COLFER:
I love autobiographies! I’m also a sucker for historical and mystery. Sometimes I find something that is all three. The older I get the harder it is to read fantasy because I write so much of it. I find myself constantly wanting to change the “rules” of the story.

MACI & ZOE:
Do you have a special procedure that you do when you write?
CHRIS COLFER:
Usually I’m writing in the corner of a soundstage, a trailer, or backstage at an arena. However, if I get a day or two to just write, I usually stay up all night writing. I’m a major night owl.

MACI & ZOE:
Is it hard carving out time to write with writing not being your primary job?
CHRIS COLFER:
It’s very difficult and sometimes impossible to find time to write with my Glee schedule. Thanks to The Land of Stories though, I think writing will become my primary job once Glee is over. I love that I can do it in my pajamas at home.

MACI & ZOE:
How many books do you read a year?
CHRIS COLFER:
I used to read a dozen or so a year, but these days I’m lucky if I get through five or six. The only problem with writing is that it takes time away from reading.

MACI & ZOE:
What books are you reading right now?
CHRIS COLFER:
Right now I’m reading four classic novels simultaneously as research for The Land of Stories 4. I won’t say the names just yet because I don’t want to give anything away. I have a high pile on my coffee table of current titles I’m hoping to get to soon.
http://maciandzoe.com/chris-colfer/
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 9/2/2014, 12:40 pm

So those pics are from april, why have been released now? Anyway, Chris looks hansome.

As for his future career, as I fan I support him in everything that makes him happy, and I know writing is something primarily in his life. But, can't deny I'm selfish as well and I would like to see him in more acting projects Smile so hopefully is like Marie said, and just take a time for himself and then comeback.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 9/4/2014, 11:19 am

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 22 Tumblr_nbdkz13ufe1qe476yo1_500
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next