Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 23 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9

Post  ColferInspired on 9/4/2014, 11:22 am

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 23 Tumblr_nbc8w1temr1se7awgo1_500

Here is the IMDB page.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2543082/

There should be more information soon.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 23 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9

Post  ColferInspired on 9/5/2014, 2:03 am

ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 9/5/2014, 4:00 am

^That website has been stirring the pot lately, when it comes to Glee and the treatment of its fandom.

I'm happy to see Kurt is in lead with over 80% now, but tbh I'm also very tired of the constant pitting against each other of Kurt and Rachel, mostly created by the show itself, when those 2 never really should be in a direct competition in the first place.

Otoh: it really gives me great joy that Kurt is still being respected at NYADA, while Rachel (and Blaine) is a drop-out who burned her bridges behind her. Smile
But I think this has more to do with their characters (as in who they are as a person) than their talents: and in the character department Kurt wins each and every time. hapitgh

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Glorfindel
Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 23 6-550
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 9/5/2014, 12:26 pm

rachel and kurt are both great but in different ways. it's like comparing apples and bananas. i am so sick and tired of these comparisons . all it leads to is vile remarks against each other by their fans.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 9/5/2014, 3:15 pm

Jane Lynch to Host Star-Studded UPRISING OF LOVE Benefit at Gershwin Theatre; Casts of WICKED, ONCE & More Join Lineup
September 5
11:09 AM 2014
Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 23 2BF5C2C5C-F7D5-E43F-91D498B0A114C7AA.jpg.pagespeed.ce.8eypzyPHEq

Executive Producers Stephen Schwartz (Wicked, Godspell, Pippin) and Bruce Cohen (American Beauty, Milk, Silver Linings Playbook) are proud to announce that Emmy Award winner Jane Lynch (Glee) will host Uprising of Love: A Benefit Concert for Global Equality on Monday, September 15th at Broadway's Gershwin Theatre (222 West 51st Street).

Also joining the lineup for the evening is the cast of Broadway's WICKED, the cast of the Tony Award winning Broadway musical ONCE, and the cast of I AM HARVEY MILK. They join the previously announced roster of appearances and performances by 16-time Grammy Award-winner Sting,two-time Tony Award and two-time Grammy Award-winner Patti LuPone, Tony Award winner Billy Porter (Kinky Boots), country superstar Chely Wright, Olympic Gold Medalist Greg Louganis, Bollywood star and UN Equality Champion Celina Jaitly, and Matt Gould, Griffin Matthews, and the cast of WITNESS UGANDA. More performers and presenters will be announced at a later date.

Uprising of Love: A Benefit Concert for Global Equality is also proud to announce that The Arcus Foundation will serve as Presenting Sponsor. Founded in 2000 by Jon Stryker, the Arcus Foundation is a private grantmaking institution dedicated to the idea that people can live in harmony with one another and the natural world. Arcus' work is based on the belief that respect for diversity among peoples and in nature is essential to a positive future for our planet and all of its inhabitants.

Gregory Maguire and the Elphaba Fund will serve as Vice Chair of the evening, with support from The Palm in New York City.

In strategic partnership with the United Nations Foundation, Uprising of Love: A Benefit Concert for Global Equality strives to support the efforts of United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon and the UN's Free & Equal campaign in calling for equal rights globally for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and intersex individuals, and to raise significant funding for grassroots organizations and activists working toward that goal around the world.

The net proceeds of this event will go directly to Fueling the Frontlines, a three-year, $20 million campaign for global LGBTI rights led by the Astraea Lesbian Foundation for Justice. Astraea is the only philanthropic organization in the United States solely dedicated to advancing LGBTI rights globally.

Tickets range from $50 - $250 and are currently on sale at www.uprisingoflove.org/benefitconcert. The event begins at 8pm.

The event will be entertaining and inspiring, weaving together stories and performances by activists and artists from around the world, with a script by Academy Award-winner and Uprising of Love co-founder Dustin Lance Black (Milk). The concert will be directed by Schele Williams and produced by Jayson Raitt, with musical direction by Alex Lacamoire.
Uprising of Love is a global movement to support the safety and dignity of LGBTI people around the world. Co-founded by Melissa Etheridge, Dustin Lance Black, Bruce Cohen, and dozens of prominent individuals in entertainment, sports, business, and politics, the campaign was initially launched leading up to the Sochi Winter Olympics to shine a light on Russia's anti-gay laws. Uprising of Love is now focused on raising awareness and funds for activists making a difference on the ground in every part of the globe where LGBTI safety and dignity is compromised.
x

This is the event that Chris is co-host(?) of, so there's a good chance he will be there too.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 9/5/2014, 5:22 pm

“You cannot overstate, I don’t think, the impact of a show like Glee on a generation. There’s character after character after character on that show, you start with Kurt and go straight through to Unique, and Naya Rivera’s character, and how they really seamlessly told those stories and still entertained people. And I think Chris Colfer has handled himself so beautifully and so responsibly, and I’m really proud of them. So that’s the first thing that comes to mind.” 

—  My So-Called Life's Wilson Cruz (Do you see any characters on television today whom you think wouldn’t exist if it hadn’t been for Rickie?)
vulture.com

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 9/5/2014, 9:23 pm

Glorfindel, you sense so much love and respect for Chris out in the world, show biz and otherwise.

wub wub
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing on 9/5/2014, 10:08 pm

On a less serious note, if anyone feels the need for a Chris Colfer of their own to play dress up with...

http://www.sweetygame.com/sweetyswf201406/chris-colfer.swf

Enjoy!

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 23 Tumblr_inline_mxgktfFg8R1rsx0ur
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 9/6/2014, 12:11 pm

Chris has so moved beyond Glee it's not even funny. Chris is not one for hyperbole about himself so when he says he will be beyond busy in the next two years it's more he's just stating a fact.

Wouldn't be surprised he will announce a new book deal in the next few months with the publishing company.

My hunch is he has something with Disney brewing ( a series?) that he's producing or penning the pilot for.

My question is when does he have time to sleep?
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 9/8/2014, 4:38 pm

Cross-posting this in the 'Hot in Cleveland' thread as well (for future reference), but here is the DalyShowTV with Chris:

Razz

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 9/11/2014, 12:14 am

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 23 Tumblr_n85m7p014x1qe476yo1_500

The Big Profile: Chris Colfer
Starring on “Glee” means 16-hour workdays, so Chris Colfer says he writes his novels “at night, in between scenes, during setups and the entire weekend.” His fourth and latest book is “A Grimm Warning,” a Y.A. revival of classic fairy tales. The strangest writing spot he found was underneath the stage at the O2 Arena in London, where he retreated during a “Glee” tour event. One challenge: “It was difficult when there were 15,000 screaming 14-year-old girls two feet away.”
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 9/12/2014, 6:32 pm

I read on Tubmblr that Chris was spotted this morning at the airport (LAX) which means he's probably flying off already to the Uprising of Love: Benefit Concert which will take place Monday, September 15 at Broadway's Gershwin Theatre in New York. Jane Lynch is hosting that event, Sting and Patti Lupone are performing. Chris is one of the committees sponsoring all this.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 9/12/2014, 7:49 pm

is that the same theater in which he and Lea did the S2 finale duet?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 9/12/2014, 7:53 pm

^Yup. neutre 

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 23 Gershwin_Theatre_NYC

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious on 9/13/2014, 1:45 am

Chris is one of those quietly effective people. He gets things done, like writing books, being on committees to bring about positive change. He doesn't need to jump up and down and say look at me, look at me.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel on 9/13/2014, 8:24 am

I haven't posted here in forever. But I do lurk on occasion. Anyway, the past couple months I've been seeing Coke bottles with names on them and I was so happy when I found this at the store a couple nights ago. Smile

http://instagram.com/p/s2dz3bGT9m/?modal=true
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 23 Empty Bring him home

Post  Kurt addict on 9/14/2014, 4:46 pm

I've just watched Alfie Boe sing "bring him home" from le mis it was so beautiful and I really think Chris would so be able to sing this role when's he is older! I felt there were some similarities in the way Chris sang it and the way Alfie sang it, especially the begining of it, I still get goosebumps when I hear that "God on high, hear my prayer"

Last edited by Kurt addict on 9/14/2014, 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 23 Image11
[center]
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt addict on 9/14/2014, 4:50 pm

Glorfindel wrote:^Yup. neutre 

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 23 Gershwin_Theatre_NYC
I've been there! And I accidentally spoke to one of the stars by the stage door, and I didn't know lol (wicked) going to see wicked again this Saturday but this time here at home in England

[center]
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 9/18/2014, 12:21 am

It's funny, but Glee doesn't bother me that much anymore because it has a fixed expiration date and ending. So I will try to enjoy what Kurt/Chris I get.

What is more frustrating for me is not knowing all these other projects that Chris has vaguely alluded to. I really want to know the other movie project lined up, and why he needs writers and for Disney to let him use some of their characters in something.

I suspect that by December/January with Glee winding down we will get official announcements on some of these projects.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 9/20/2014, 5:27 am

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 23 Tumblr_nc6xi4Wvyu1qe476yo1_500

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 23 Tumblr_nc6xi4Wvyu1qe476yo2_500
Amber Riley, left, and Chris Colfer attend a private event at Hyde Staples Center hosted by Dell for the Katy Perry concert on September 19, 2014 in Los Angeles, Calif. [UHQ]
ccn

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 23 Tumblr_nc6xlmY6FI1qe476yo1_500

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 23 Tumblr_nc6xlmY6FI1qe476yo2_500
Chris Colfer attends a private event at Hyde Staples Center hosted by Dell for the Katy Perry concert on September 19, 2014 in Los Angeles, Calif. [UHQ]
ccn

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 23 Tumblr_nc6wvczNSF1qe476yo1_500

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt addict on 9/20/2014, 1:26 pm

“My first test, I tested with Chris Colfer. And we went up to the elevator together and I kind of helped him get checked in, and I saw that he had all the Artie sides, and I’m like, “Oh, God, I helped my competition.” But then I found out they literally created a role for him. And then we came back two days later and tested again, and that time Jenna was there - she had flown in from New York. And Chris was like, “I hope I get it!” And we were like, “Um, I think it’s pretty safe to say… Like, you’re Kurt. They created it for you.” ‘Cause each of us had somebody else that we tested against. Like, there was nobody else. He was it.” (x)

This was on Kevin mchales site there was an audio but could not make the link, thought this was so cute and shows how sweet they both were

[center]
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 9/20/2014, 10:38 pm

“Chris is that rare person who is an old man in a young man’s body. I don’t know how else to say it. I mean, how does he write this material? This screenplay should have been written by someone in their forties or fifties. His knowledge of life and what life can do to you and what it’s all about, is the understanding of a middle-aged man, not a twenty-year-old kid.”
— Polly Bergen (via heathermione)

So, so true. wub
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 9/21/2014, 5:37 am

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 23 Tumblr_nc8om13Vuf1sg9z6fo1_500

Jenn Gerstenblatt: And we were lucky to see Chris Colfer there AND at dinner after!!!
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 9/22/2014, 8:18 am

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 23 Tumblr_nc9amrVStx1r5ewzdo1_500

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 23 Tumblr_nc9amrVStx1r5ewzdo2_500

Chris and Will at Baz show (x)
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 9/24/2014, 12:25 pm

What kind of show is Baz Show? Are singers?

P.S Just found this and I love it

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 23 Tumblr_ncbzu1V8Ux1rn1ltio1_500

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 23 250px-Muhte%C5%9Fem_Y%C3%BCzy%C4%B1l_Logo
I currently obsessed with this
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next