Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread

+19
Glorfindel
Lottie2303
sheny
valkeakuulas
Ireth
ChrisColfersLightning
SippyCupofLuv
ColferInspired
Divalicious
fantastica
Buenos
bayth
YaoiChick
coxfire
ChrisColferFan1
brisallie
Ranwing
Jellyrolls
tanita_mors
23 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

What did you think of the episode ?

5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap9%5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 9% 
[ 1 ]
5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap0%5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap0%5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap9%5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 9% 
[ 1 ]
5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap27%5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 27% 
[ 3 ]
5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap27%5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 27% 
[ 3 ]
[ 1 ]
5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap18%5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 18% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 11

5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Empty Re: 5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  sheny 4/30/2014, 3:21 pm

I hope they send that witch back to hell without giving her some Cassandra-like transformation in 5x20. After the way she talked to/about Kurt it will be impossible to believe that she suddenly likes him and finds him worthy of performing at her showcase.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Empty Re: 5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  YaoiChick 4/30/2014, 3:25 pm

If they did that people would just hate her more. The only scenario I could see where she would want Kurt to be in her showcase is if another big time person saw him preform (like the Peter Pan play or something at NYADA) and started raving about it she would try to backtrack and say she discovered him making everyone despises her for trying to use Kurt.
YaoiChick
YaoiChick
Llama
Llama

http://ukeobsessed.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 4/30/2014, 4:11 pm

Listen I can't get too upset because with McKinley and Noobs  gone the show badly needed a new Tina to blow smoke up Blaine's ass.  That they had to get an 80 year old seemingly senile (per her interviews) actress as a stand in speaks volumes. Plus by making her so old they make her sexless and toothless, figuratively speaking so that Blaine can flirt with her. I'm sure she has a higher quality vapor rub than Tina though since hers probably come from Tiffanys.

Shirley will be gone after Episode 20 anyways, gone the way of Gloria Estefan and Patty Duke Austin who were promised multiple episode SL arc by La Murphy.   coool 

I'm with Ranwing, the biggest crime is that Shirley simply isn't that good, her character isn't funny and Shirley's acting has sadly deteriorated to the point she seems like a modern day Miss Havisham  

A pity since I used to love her early work.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColfersLightning 4/30/2014, 4:39 pm

I can not lie, I screamed with pure Glee at the awful ratings because tacky annoying shit Blaine and awful shit bat devil Shirley McBlaine deserved those shitty ratings as well as awful annoying Diva nothing is good enough for her Rachel Berry, but then I thought about Chris episode and you know what? We might not be able to give him huge ratings, BUT what we can give him is some love and support!

I will be writing to my followers and other Chris fans and Glee fans and ask them to help tweet and maybe trend some positive tweets to Chris and Fox and the media about his episode on twitter all week and the day it airs! :)Who knows, maybe our tweets will get a tiny buzz and if not, Chris AND FOX will know he has loyal fans who love and support him and that the bad ratings was from the god awful Rachel and Blaine pointless annoying story lines that was before his episode. I am certain everyone knows by now that bad episodes affects the next episode so Chris will know it is not him that made ratings bad, it is stupid Blea and its fan pandering and Ryan blowing smoke up his two annoying faves ass 24/7.

It just kills me to think that Chris episode might get the worst ratings of the season all because of dumb ass Rachel and Blaine centered episode that bored away the GA!  :angry:  I am POSITIVE Ryan is not gonna help promote Chris episode until the last minute, so it is up to us fans to get word out, even if it helps nothing, Chris will know we care and THAT is what really matters!  Smile So, is anyone interested in helping tweet, maybe trend, nice things all week? Even if it does not help with ratings, I can see it as showing Chris our love and support for him  Razz hapitgh I just want him to be happy, he looked so excited playing Kurt and it was so genuine and it breaks my heart knowing he is far too good for this crappy show and that the horrible ratings might bring him down and it is not even his fault  dryy I am such a hard core stan, I can not help it, I get upset at the thought of him being sad so yeah, I wanna make him happy :(
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColfersLightning
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt addict 4/30/2014, 4:51 pm

hola 
ChrisColfersLightning wrote:I can not lie, I screamed with pure Glee at the awful ratings because tacky annoying shit Blaine and awful shit bat devil Shirley McBlaine deserved those shitty ratings as well as awful annoying Diva nothing is good enough for her Rachel Berry, but then I thought about Chris episode and you know what? We might not be able to give him huge ratings, BUT what we can give him is some love and support!

I will be writing to my followers and other Chris fans and Glee fans and ask them to help tweet and maybe trend some positive tweets to Chris and Fox and the media about his episode on twitter all week and the day it airs! :)Who knows, maybe our tweets will get a tiny buzz and if not, Chris AND FOX will know he has loyal fans who love and support him and that the bad ratings was from the god awful Rachel and Blaine pointless annoying story lines that was before his episode. I am certain everyone knows by now that bad episodes affects the next episode so Chris will know it is not him that made ratings bad, it is stupid Blea and its fan pandering and Ryan blowing smoke up his two annoying faves ass 24/7.

It just kills me to think that Chris episode might get the worst ratings of the season all because of dumb ass Rachel and Blaine centered episode that bored away the GA!  :angry:  I am POSITIVE Ryan is not gonna help promote Chris episode until the last minute, so it is up to us fans to get word out, even if it helps nothing, Chris will know we care and THAT is what really matters!  Smile So, is anyone interested in helping tweet, maybe trend, nice things all week? Even if it does not help with ratings, I can see it as showing Chris our love and support for him  Razz hapitgh I just want him to be happy, he looked so excited playing Kurt and it was so genuine and it breaks my heart knowing he is far too good for this crappy show and that the horrible ratings might bring him down and it is not even his fault  dryy I am such a hard core stan, I can not help it, I get upset at the thought of him being sad so yeah, I wanna make him happy :(

Hi, I have a twitter account but don't really know how you trend things if you can explain how I do it, I'm on team kurt!
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 4/30/2014, 5:05 pm

Believe if the episode is well written and received well by the critics the industry will take notice.  Razz 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColfersLightning 4/30/2014, 5:20 pm

Kurt addict wrote:hola 
ChrisColfersLightning wrote:I can not lie, I screamed with pure Glee at the awful ratings because tacky annoying shit Blaine and awful shit bat devil Shirley McBlaine deserved those shitty ratings as well as awful annoying Diva nothing is good enough for her Rachel Berry, but then I thought about Chris episode and you know what? We might not be able to give him huge ratings, BUT what we can give him is some love and support!

Hi, I have a twitter account but don't really know how you trend things if you can explain how I do it, I'm on team kurt!

Sure I can try to explain the best I can! :D To get certain things trending, yourself and others have to Tweet a phrase, word, name, or comment the EXACT same way! Some people like to hash tag tweets for trends like this #Chris Colfer, but hash tags # take wayyyy longer to trend so I never use those.

For example, like today if we wanted to Trend something positive for Chris and his episode than many people would tweet the same comment, word or Phrase :ex. We Are Excited For Old Dogs New Tricks Everyone would have to type it the exact same way I did and you can add your own comments after if you like, just make sure to type that phrase like everyone else and it should trend! Sorry if I am confusing, I can not explain things well and when it comes to twitter I am more of a copy paste a phrase on tumblr to trend and add my own comments Smile
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColfersLightning
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Empty Trend

Post  Kurt addict 4/30/2014, 5:25 pm

Ok I can do that name the time and phrase but please remember theres five hours difference so please don't make it middle of the night my time lol
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColfersLightning 4/30/2014, 5:29 pm

Kurt addict wrote:Ok I can do that name the time and phrase but please remember theres five hours difference so please don't make it middle of the night my time lol

I will Message you! IT is 1:27 PM in my time right now, I am gonna go on tumblr and see how many people will be willing to tweet right now so that way I know if it is a good time for everyone to work together to send love Smile But either way you can tweet any time, Just really want to show Chris how much we love him :D I never been too great on trends and stuff on my own, so I am asking friends I know and my followers if they want to help too  blushh 
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColfersLightning
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt addict 4/30/2014, 5:49 pm

Ok it's 9.47 now my time so that's about eight hours differencee
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/30/2014, 5:54 pm

Did Shirley MacLaine even tweet at all during the live tweeting session?
I went to her twitter and all I saw was her announcing she would live tweet right before the show started, and then... nothing. (which is probably for the best, lbr)
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/30/2014, 6:10 pm

Glorfindel wrote:Did Shirley MacLaine even tweet at all during the live tweeting session?
I went to her twitter and all I saw was her announcing she would live tweet right before the show started, and then... nothing. (which is probably for the best, lbr)

Her homophobia received quite a bit of notice. Even TVline targeted readers by putting into the headline for the link: read the interview which enrages Glee fans [something along the line].
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/30/2014, 6:44 pm

Glorfindel wrote:Did Shirley MacLaine even tweet at all during the live tweeting session?

Glee On Fox tweeted for her.

Look at these comments under the TVLine recap:

A B+ for “Piece of My Heart”? Did you actually listen to it? It was hands down the worst song ever on Glee. It was embarrassing.

The writer responded:

Actually, you’re right! I had C+ in my notes. Adjusted.
Comment by Andy Swift – April 29, 2014 06:41 PM PDT Reply To This Post
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/30/2014, 6:51 pm

Someone posted this on tumblr:

So Rachel when for her first TV audition and she didnt get the role she wanted but everyone loved her so much they want to make something for her…..

When Chris Colfer when to audition for the role of Artie they ended up making up a story line just for him along with his own character…

Why are they stealing Chris’ life and maing it for freaking Rachel!!!
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 4/30/2014, 6:55 pm

"Piece of Shit" I mean "Piece of my Heart" hasn't even cracked the Top 1500 in sales yet:  

The public has spoken. phr34r

ETA: correction: it "peaked" for a split second at # 1390 and is now down at # 1459

Last edited by Buenos on 4/30/2014, 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/30/2014, 7:01 pm

“Still, I’m not sure how many more story lines Glee can sustain in which Kurt is almost, but not quite, chosen for something. Put another way: I’m ready for Glee to stop giving Kurt Hummel the junior-varsity version of a life, please. Enough is enough.”
— Vulture (via miggylol)

I don't know about ratings, but ratings did go up for "Bash" after New New York were low.

Even the media is getting tired of Kurt losing is really saying something.

Kurt is a much loved character.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/30/2014, 8:16 pm

“Next week’s episode was written by Chris Colfer. Uh, is it my birthday?”
— http://www.vulture.com/2014/04/glee-recap-season-5-episode-18.html
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 4/30/2014, 8:50 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Someone posted this on tumblr:

So Rachel when for her first TV audition and she didnt get the role she wanted but everyone loved her so much they want to make something for her…..

When Chris Colfer when to audition for the role of Artie they ended up making up a story line just for him along with his own character…

Why are they stealing Chris’ life and maing it for freaking Rachel!!!

You know what this means, Rachel's avatar is going to have no successes and little screen time, except with a s.o. that outshines her at every point. Just like Chris' Kurt

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/30/2014, 8:56 pm

ColferInspired wrote: “Next week’s episode was written by Chris Colfer. Uh, is it my birthday?”
—   http://www.vulture.com/2014/04/glee-recap-season-5-episode-18.html

i was reading the comments below that Vulture recap, and one was really interesting:

by holbee
Gays love Divas, so Glee wants us to love the divaness of Rachel Berry. Also, the Rachel Berry story is the Barbra Streisand story in some ways. Barbra famously tried to get out of her "Funny Girl" contract TWO MONTHS into the run as she was bored (and was getting Hollywood offers). She claimed to have been duped into signing a year's contract PLUS a London transfer.  We love Barbra Streisand now, but she always had a bad rep and was often called conceited. It's been often excused that the reason she had this sense of entitlement was due to the increased need to be self assured and self centered due to the many times her looks were called into question. This is what the Glee camp is doing with Rachel. And since the show is a farce, in ways more extreme than even Will and Grace...why do we hate Rachel and loved Karen on W&G, who was WAY worse in her 1% enttitlement?  There may be an insidious answer to that that I don't even want to contemplate.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 4/30/2014, 9:09 pm

As a Rachel fan I can say that for me, as of now, her SL has no payback. There are no consequences to anything she does and her character veers from situation to situation with fabricated drama, but no sense of fun or even irony. There isn't even any genuine tension because everything seems preordained.

If she is going to be the greatest star in the universe, fine, at least make it fun and have a sense of comedy with Rachel's entitlement, instead we get these angst ridden scenes where we are suppose to care that Rachel is hurting. Before her next prize. She's like a child who cries before she is thrown another toy in her lap at this point.

In short order she's dismissed her best friend, Carmen Tiibedeux and her FG producer, OK , so what is the point of all that?
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 5/1/2014, 3:18 am

Well, for a start Karen was funny.
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/1/2014, 9:12 am

Georgette888 wrote:Well, for a start Karen was funny.
OMG, yes, and she could laugh about herself, which Rachel usually can't.
But God, how I hated Karen's voice, lol.   Smile

I always thought that Karen and Jack were the best characters on the show and funnier than Will and Grace themselves.
If Rachel and Kurt in New York in season 4 could have had similar shenanigans as Karen and Jack had in W&G, only less OTT obviously, Glee would have been so much better then.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 5/1/2014, 11:11 am

karen and jack were the reason that show had 8 seasons, far more then will&grace bore duo.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/1/2014, 5:29 pm

Is weird but when we speculated that Glee spin off could be like Will&Grace, I always imagine Rachel as Grace, as for me Rachel doesn't have that sarcastic humour that Karen had. And as you have pointed out, Karen is someone who always laughed about herself and his missteps, while Rachel doesn't and actually I think she takes things too seriously, and that's something more similar to Grace. The ones who could be more like Karen are possibly Sue or Santana.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 5/2/2014, 12:27 am

I finally watched the episode, which took about 5 minutes, because I only watched Kurt's parts. If Glee were actually into being something clever I could almost see this whole thing setting up a final scene in the last episode where we learn that all 6 seasons were actually the television show story of her life. But Glee is more into using real life experience of the actors and using that, as it is much easier.

I do think Blaine was trying to be a good boyfriend, but he has no spine. He is so unused to adversity in his life that he just can't deal with everything just not being perfect. He wants it all, but he wants his boyfriend to be happy. In the end, they will probably have a big Blaine being true to Kurt over his career thing, all put together to remind everyone and their puppies that Blaine is a A-1 super-catch and Kurt is dang lucky to have him.

At least we have next week to look at. I will actually get to watch it live, and can't wait to see happy Kurt on a wire. He doesn't need bells and whistles, or people blowing smoke up his ass, Kurt loves to perform, so he will always be more successful than Rachel or Blaine. They both get so much that they don't appreciate what they have, and always seem to want the bigger dream each time they accomplish their current ones so easily. So they will never be truly happy. Each performance to Kurt is a victory, and I love that about him.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next