Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread

+19
Glorfindel
Lottie2303
sheny
valkeakuulas
Ireth
ChrisColfersLightning
SippyCupofLuv
ColferInspired
Divalicious
fantastica
Buenos
bayth
YaoiChick
coxfire
ChrisColferFan1
brisallie
Ranwing
Jellyrolls
tanita_mors
23 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

What did you think of the episode ?

5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap9%5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 9% 
[ 1 ]
5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap9%5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 9% 
[ 1 ]
5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap27%5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 27% 
[ 3 ]
5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap27%5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 27% 
[ 3 ]
[ 1 ]
5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap18%5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 18% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 11

5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Ranwing 4/29/2014, 9:39 pm

brisallie wrote:shit floats? what does it mean? I imagine is not something nice.

It's a not nice way of saying that the worst rise to the top (the way shit... well floats).
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Ranwing 4/29/2014, 9:43 pm

Look what is trending.  badday 

5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_n4tivtwDrF1qe476yo1_500
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/29/2014, 9:45 pm

Ranwing wrote:Look what is trending.  badday 

5x18 "Back-Up Plan" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_n4tivtwDrF1qe476yo1_500

What? That's sad  :( I don't want something like this to be trending. I want something that cheer him up.

Oh Rachel, she doesn't change, everytime she believes thing are not working out as she expected, she goes back to her old plan.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/29/2014, 9:48 pm

Wow... could they make June even more disgusting? Bad enough that she's rejecting Kurt the way she is (and no loss there), but to tell him to break off his engagement? Lovely.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/29/2014, 9:51 pm

brisallie wrote:shit floats? what does it mean? I imagine is not something nice.

Look in your toilet next time you poop.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/29/2014, 9:52 pm

Why does Blaine sound like a serial killer every time he tells people he loves Kurt?
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/29/2014, 9:53 pm

Well, now the Klainers hate June. So... achievement?

This show is such a fucking mess. Santana comes in off the street to fill in for Rachel, having not practiced or performed in months? Yeah... right.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/29/2014, 9:53 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:

Look in your toilet next time you poop.

Haha ok got it, thanks. Also thanks for your explanation Ranwing Smile

What?! Santana is replacing Rachel?

P.S So typical, when they try to make you feel bad for Rachel, then she gets a new opportunity.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/29/2014, 10:01 pm

So on one minute Rachel is very justifiably called out on the carpet for her behavior with the show and the next a show developed around her. Of course.

So Blaine lied to Kurt about giving him a part in his showcase. Very thoughtful. This is going to bite him in the ass.  Smile 

Whoever said that the best part of the episode would be the promo for next week was dead right! And we get to hear Kurt singing classic Madonna!  ptdr 
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 4/29/2014, 10:10 pm

So, on a scale from "Godawful" to "Sucks major ass", how would you rate this episode, girls? Do I even bother to stream it tomorrow?
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/29/2014, 10:13 pm

coxfire wrote:So, on a scale from "Godawful" to "Sucks major ass", how would you rate this episode, girls? Do I even bother to stream it tomorrow?

It was about as entertaining as watching Blaine's hair gel dry.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/29/2014, 10:13 pm

I'll go with "sucks major ass". It had it's moments but so much of this ether had me rolling my eyes, hitting the mute button or wanting to throw things at the TV.

Of course the show can never have Rachel actually suffer real consequences? One minute she's being very rightly called out on the carpet for being such an unprofessional nit, and the next she gets a tv development deal. I give up...

Blaine's storyline has train wreak written all over it. I don't have an issue with this socialite not liking Kurt and only wanting to work with Blaine (because everyone is entitled to their incorrect opinions), but I am sick to death of having Kurt slammed down all the time in order to raise Blaine up. And June Halloway is a complete bitch. Rejecting Kurt the way she did was harsh enough, but telling Blaine to break off his engagement? Lovely... they can get rid of this idiot fast enough. I didn't find anything about her presence funny or charming.

Santana could come in off the street after not having rehearsed in months and just fill in? That Rachel wouldn't be shitcanned immediately? That they would waste a chance to do The Rose on a throwaway solo with no linkage to the larger story? Meh...
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 4/29/2014, 10:15 pm

Thanks Girls, and all my respects to you to have endured this crap live. Now, that is BRAVE, right Shirley?
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  YaoiChick 4/29/2014, 10:18 pm

Worst episode ever. Every time Blaine or Rachel was on screen I wanted to just punch them. Don't get me started on June. I hate Klaine and even I think it was wrong of her to tell him to brake the engagement.
YaoiChick
YaoiChick
Llama
Llama

http://ukeobsessed.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 4/29/2014, 10:21 pm

No intention of watching another bus run over Kurt. Next week looks fun. Then adios Glee - for real. It was fun on the twitter feed slamming this train wreck of a show. #BleeAlong indeed.
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/29/2014, 10:24 pm

YaoiChick wrote:Worst episode ever. Every time Blaine or Rachel was on screen I wanted to just punch them. Don't get me started on June. I hate Klaine and even I think it was wrong of her to tell him to brake the engagement.

You know that things are bad when we're in solidarity with the Klainers!
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/29/2014, 10:25 pm

I fully support June's suggestion of breaking off the engagement. I don't care if she's wrong in her thoughts. If that's what it takes to breakup Klaine, I'll take it Wink
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/29/2014, 10:26 pm

bayth wrote:No intention of watching another bus run over Kurt.  Next week looks fun.  Then adios Glee - for real.  It was fun on the twitter feed slamming this train wreck of a show.  #BleeAlong indeed.

Thanks for joining in on the #BleeAlong. It was kind of fun seeing additional people pick up on the hashtag and use it Smile
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/29/2014, 10:29 pm

I'm really going to go out on a limb here, but Blaine wasn't... completely awful. Let me qualify that. Darren still sucks ass as an actor and Blaine is an awful excuse for a character. But he wasn't being malicious here. He kept trying to get June interested in working with Kurt as well and his lie to Kurt wasn't a mean one. He seems to sincerely want Kurt to benefit from this as well.

Spoiler:
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/29/2014, 10:31 pm

No, Blaine wasn't completely awful, but he should have been honest with Kurt about what June is really like, especially considering how excited Kurt was about it.

ETA: Just rewatched the last Klaine scene. Blaine did completely lie to Kurt about being in the showcase.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  YaoiChick 4/29/2014, 10:35 pm

I understand that for once Blaine was trying to be a good fiance to Kurt, but I also feel that this lie is going to hurt Kurt more than just being honest with him.
YaoiChick
YaoiChick
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 4/29/2014, 10:37 pm

YaoiChick wrote:I understand that for once Blaine was trying to be a good fiance to Kurt, but I also feel that this lie is going to hurt Kurt more than just being honest with him.

True. :( 
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/29/2014, 10:38 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:No, Blaine wasn't completely awful, but he should have been honest with Kurt about what June is really like, especially considering how excited Kurt was about it.

I think that Blaine is recognizing very quickly that working with June is a devil's bargain. Sure, she might give Blaine everything he wants professionally, but she'll destroy everything else that's important to him. I think that when she very harshly rejected working with Kurt to Blaine (saying that the world didn't need to see him), Blaine was genuinely offended and upset. Yes, he still wants the kind of help that she can offer, but he's seeing very clearly what that's going to cost him.

Kurt really is way too good for Blaine, Rachel and the rest of this show. He was justifiably hurt about being rejected, but he wasn't holding it against Blaine. And if they really are committed to one another's success the way they're talking about, Blaine can help Kurt even without June's help. Bringing up Kurt to the right people that Blaine meets can open other doors for him.

I can't believe that I'm saying anything supportive about Blaine.  blinkk 
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  YaoiChick 4/29/2014, 10:41 pm

Ranwing wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:No, Blaine wasn't completely awful, but he should have been honest with Kurt about what June is really like, especially considering how excited Kurt was about it.

I think that Blaine is recognizing very quickly that working with June is a devil's bargain. Sure, she might give Blaine everything he wants professionally, but she'll destroy everything else that's important to him. I think that when she very harshly rejected working with Kurt to Blaine (saying that the world didn't need to see him), Blaine was genuinely offended and upset. Yes, he still wants the kind of help that she can offer, but he's seeing very clearly what that's going to cost him.

Kurt really is way too good for Blaine, Rachel and the rest of this show. He was justifiably hurt about being rejected, but he wasn't holding it against Blaine. And if they really are committed to one another's success the way they're talking about, Blaine can help Kurt even without June's help. Bringing up Kurt to the right people that Blaine meets can open other doors for him.

I can't believe that I'm saying anything supportive about Blaine
.  blinkk 

I don't think any of us thought we'd be supporting Blaine or the Klainers.
YaoiChick
YaoiChick
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/29/2014, 10:46 pm

Ranwing wrote:

I can't believe that I'm saying anything supportive about Blaine.  blinkk 

Oh, I agree that it was nice to see Blaine recognizing the problem with June's offer, but at the same time, he should have either really walked or way, or been honest with Kurt about what was going on. And in canon, Blaine would love that he is getting this opportunity because it puts him back on top and Kurt as the weaker one the way he likes it.

They are really trying to redeem Blaine right now, but really, him trying to get Kurt an opportunity after Kurt got him the opportunity that lead to this isn't the right way of going about it.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next