Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5x13 "New Directions" Watch & Discussion thread

+16
Glorfindel
YaoiChick
bayth
Porcelain
coxfire
valkeakuulas
mindschemez
Divalicious
fantastica
M&M
ColferInspired
Buenos
ChrisColferFan1
Ranwing
Jellyrolls
tanita_mors
20 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What did you think of the episode ?

5x13 "New Directions" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%5x13 "New Directions" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
5x13 "New Directions" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap8%5x13 "New Directions" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 8% 
[ 1 ]
5x13 "New Directions" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap15%5x13 "New Directions" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 15% 
[ 2 ]
5x13 "New Directions" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap8%5x13 "New Directions" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 8% 
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
5x13 "New Directions" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%5x13 "New Directions" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
5x13 "New Directions" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap46%5x13 "New Directions" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 46% 
[ 6 ]
5x13 "New Directions" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap15%5x13 "New Directions" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 15% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 13

5x13 "New Directions" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 5x13 "New Directions" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  ColferInspired 3/25/2014, 9:41 pm

5x13 "New Directions" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_n30pgw9agw1qe476yo1_500
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

5x13 "New Directions" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 5x13 "New Directions" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  ChrisColferFan1 3/25/2014, 9:42 pm

ColferInspired wrote:Just looking at what people are saying.  neutre 

I have discovered I am now immune to Klaine and Blaine. Give me Kurt scenes and I don't care anymore.  Smile 

Saw Klaine kissing, and for once felt nothing. No anger, no disappointment, just nothing.

Maybe because from one of Chris's latest interviews it sounds like they are exploring them equally, that we are getting Kurt's POV finally on everything.

And Blaine sounds like he is no longer an alpha gay when he goes to New York.

I hope we will finally will Get Kurt's POV on everything
I hope Blaine will no longer be the alpha gay guy when he gets to New York
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 3/25/2014, 9:42 pm

I have to admit that I really like Puck and Quinn's duet. No, Diana doesn't have the best voice, but Mark's voice is great ad they brought the emotions beautifully. I liked how they were able to turn a song about a relationship falling apart into one of healing. And at least admitting that it's not going to be easy but worth trying. I'm rooting for these two crazy kids (since it's probably the last we're going to see of them on this show).

I'm totally indifferent to the whole Pezberry reconciliation because it's so insincere. Santana quits, Rachel gets the show all to herself (because her aspirations are the only ones that matter) and everything is fine. Considering that I have a phonebook full of people that I've stopped speaking with for years over a lot less, I just can't buy it.

The end is really coming. As much s I want to see McKinley go away, I'm going to be sniffling.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/25/2014, 9:45 pm

Dianna Agron is just soooo pretty, she is a gorgeous woman.

I hate her!  Razz 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/25/2014, 9:49 pm

What is the point of this video to Will's baby? Why? The whole concept of it is dumb.

Oh, joy, Don't Stop Believing. At least they started with the two most important people, Kurt and Rachel. They are the heart and soul of Glee.

Season one feels. End here. Don't ruin it with Blam and noobs. Too much Blamtina.

Mike and Will dancing makes me think song they dance from Singing in the Rain.

Will grabbing Kurt's neck near the end. So sweet.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 3/25/2014, 9:52 pm

Too much Blaine during DSB but no solo lines so that's a plus.

Will admit that I got a bit teary eyed. As much of a recycled mess that McKinley was, it's sad to see it go once and for all.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 3/25/2014, 9:53 pm

Ranwing wrote:Too much Blaine during DSB but no solo lines so that's a plus.

Will admit that I got a bit teary eyed. As much of a recycled mess that McKinley was, it's sad to see it go once and for all.

I was just coming in to say the same thing. Every time I see him on my screen, I question what he has on RM/FOX.
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/25/2014, 9:54 pm

Farewell McKinley!

It was a great first three years!!
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 3/25/2014, 9:57 pm

I thin kits quite funny (read hypocritical) that the K(B)lainers are all celebrating Blaine graduating, but when he was the star at McKinley, they hated that they would cut to NY. Now that the show has been forced to NY, they act as if they wanted this all along. We see you K(B)lainers and we know who you really love.
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/25/2014, 10:00 pm

Ugh. This noob moment. I really don't care. I don't care that they are going at all. Tina running in was really really annoying.

Nice bro hug to celebrate Blaine's graduation, Kurt.

So, Sue is encouraging Will to take over vocal adrenaline? OK then.

The voiceovers from previous episodes. OMG.

Wow, this episode really feels like the end of the series. Half the audience probably thinks the show is over for good.

Ugh. Too much Blam in NY.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 3/25/2014, 10:03 pm

The Klainers are going to make the change as best they can because they know that Darren is not going to have the same amount of focus that he had now that he's going to share screen time with Lea and Chris. Let them try to comfort themselves because things aren't going to be so great for Blainers in the next few weeks.

Not gonna lie... I knew that McKinley had to go. This was like taking a terminal patient off of life support and then watching the heart monitor flatline. It was necessary. But I still got a bit choked up seeing that empty choir room.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/25/2014, 10:03 pm

Don't Stop Believing was really good until they put so much Blaine and Tina in there. Chris sounded so good, and the performance was good with all the originals (except for Cory :( It was fun, and great, and then they had to ruin it with Blaine and Tina. They put Blaine in like half of the song in the end.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/25/2014, 10:10 pm

Ranwing wrote:
Not gonna lie... I knew that McKinley had to go. This was like taking a terminal patient off of life support and then watching the heart monitor flatline. It was necessary. But I still got a bit choked up seeing that empty choir room.

I admit I got a little tear-eyed.  :( 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/25/2014, 10:15 pm

Seeing the empty choir room didn't get to me as much as seeing all the originals join in on Don't Stop Believing. Just knowing how magical the original season one cast was, and how all of them were tossed aside or minimized (including Kurt and Rachel) to focus primarily on Blam and the noobs. It's sad that we never got to see most of these characters mature and grow after season 3 so that they could highlight second string talent.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/25/2014, 10:22 pm

I'm going t miss Matt Morrison on my screen.  :( 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/25/2014, 11:46 pm

ChrisColferFan1 wrote:Hopefully, he will have some tough  times at NYADA.

no. i don't want him to have ANY time.  Razz

btw, i completely forgot about the show was on tonight. was there anything worth watching? if so, i would go fetch the kurt edit when it's available.

p.s. i will get the kurt edit since i want to watch him sing, twice.

Last edited by fantastica on 3/25/2014, 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 3/25/2014, 11:47 pm

fantastica wrote:
ChrisColferFan1 wrote:Hopefully, he will have some tough  times at NYADA.

no. i don't want him to have ANY time.  Razz 

That would be better.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/25/2014, 11:55 pm

I liked the promo had Artie included, I'm hoping overall he's used regularly, love his singing voice!  wub 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 3/26/2014, 1:10 am

Best part of the show, other than Kurt getting to sing in glorious fashion, is the way Kurt's pants love his perfect tushy.

I noted that despite Blaine getting too much handed to him, his character wasn't important enough to bother casting even one parent to come to his graduation.

This show wasted Will almost as much as they waste.all that Kurt could do.

Mike was a welcome sight, I miss his dancing, while not as perfect as Jacob or Britney, it was impossible to miss his joy.

I actually liked Quinn's voice, maybe because I hear so much belting, it was nice hearing a different kind of voice. I don't know how Amber can give such rich volume without always exploding her uvula like some seem to do.

I feel sorry for the newbs, if they had let them drift into stories with existing characters and let us learn to care for them, instead of telling us we WILL love them, they would have been better accepted, and we would have had less Blamtina, maybe.

Last edited by Divalicious on 3/26/2014, 1:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/26/2014, 1:17 am

Mike was a welcome sight, I miss his dancing, while not as perfect as Jacob or Britney, it was impossible to miss his joy.

I always thought that Mike had the most personality in his dancing. Not as technically proficient as Jacob and yet he seemed to dance with more verve and personal style.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  mindschemez 3/26/2014, 2:42 am

I missed the Kurtcedes duet (saw it now on youtube, but not the same  :( ) Did they start with the "look at me" part? It's not shown in the YT version. They must have shoved a lot in the beginning. I think I was only 10 or so minutes late, and I had also missed the CHUMS think (luckily?) and the holly/sue stuff. I had heard these were in the ep, and was surprised that they had already passed.

I enjoyed the video they made, and seeing them stagger in. LOVED Rachel and Kurt opening the song. Also liked the ending with Will in the choir room with the to sir with love (+ other) voice overs.

Puck is such good comic relief. I always say this but Mark has such good timing and delivery (all the original cast, actually). Loved his liners.

mindschemez
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 3/26/2014, 6:50 am

I don't know anymore about what I actually think of Glee. As a show I think I've passed some sort of threshold of not caring anymore. I just aggressively scan for Kurt all the time...well more seeing how Chris acts as Kurt nowdays because even Kurt is just a lost lamb.

Chris makes Kurt do the best reaction faces ever, whether that is because he has nothing else to do or they tell him to do those? I don't care, we got Kurtcedes duet and those painted red jeans. But just one thing: when have Kurt and Mercedes ever "been in each others throats" since that first rift of her breaking his car windows and her quitting Cheerios? Have I missed so other fights?

Quinn and Puck being given a chance, well it's nice to send them off like this. And Tina's concussion dream of Chums was quite funny, although there could have been a little bit more to it.

Couldn't care less about the choir room anymore, although the quotes in the end were a nice add on.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/26/2014, 7:10 am

The Adam's Apples poster is still on the fridge in the loft:

5x13 "New Directions" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_n30w341HLH1suajzso1_500

LOL  Razz 
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 3/26/2014, 9:11 am

I really, really love Chris' lines in DSB. The whole DSB performance was great, even if I'd like Puck to sing instead of Blaine, but it really felt like a series finale more than a mid-season episode.

This last performance just enhanced to me how the Original cast clicked together. They built this show, they sweat bullets making it successful, hell, they practically grew together through this. The Noobs could never, never have achieved that. Oh, how I wish the extended school year had been S4, without them and with the Originals...

Finn's absence still leaves me with a bittersweet feeling though. He should have been there.
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 3/26/2014, 9:26 am

The whole resolution of the Rachel/Santana war was beyond weak. They spent five weeks with the two of them at one another's throats, pretty much destroying everything around them in their little war and it ends not with a bang, but not even a whimper. I get that Rachel is tired of fighting and I understand where her peace offering is coming from (and from her perspective, giving up 10 performances is a huge deal). But it's too little too late. Maybe if she'd shown a trace of that generosity before everything went so completely to hell, it would have meant something. At this point, it was a pretty empty gesture. And in reality, she doesn't have the right to offer Santana any performances - that's the perogative of the director (unless she just plans to come down with a convenient case of the flu).

I had every expectation that Santana would just give up the role since it's the only way to resolve what they were fighting over, but the reasons for doing so made little sense. Santana is lazy? Since when? She might be directionless at this point, but I've never seen her as lazy. She would never have survived as a Cheerio and we know that she's worked multiple jobs since she got to NY, so lazy is hardly a trait that I would see in her. It would have made more sense if she had admitted that she really didn't want the part and part of her reason for accepting and staying with it was because it pissed Rachel off so much. I can totally understand her finding it mindnumbingly boring, doing the same scenes over and over again with no real variation and that it's just not something she wants to do. That would have allowed her to bow out in a way that fits her character, not just pulling a personality flaw out of thin air to justify it.

The resolution also lets Rachel completely off the hook for her behavior, because Santana is granting that this is Rachel's all important dream that everyone needs to be respectful of. It doesn't answer the fact that Rachel acted like a childish bitch, that she showed more than a little cruelty of her own in their fight, belittling Santana and her abilities and mocking that she could "only" obtain an understudy role. And it certainly doesn't address Rachel's treatment of Kurt, who was collateral damage in their war. Instead we are told to see Rachel's behavior as entirely understandable, because her dream was at stake and Santana was taking away from her ability to enjoy her success. Which is completely bullshit, btw. How a friend getting cast in the same show takes anything away from Rachel is beyond my understanding unless you buy into the mindset that everything must be about Rachel.

valkeakuulas wrote:But just one thing: when have Kurt and Mercedes ever "been in each others throats" since that first rift of her breaking his car windows and her quitting Cheerios? Have I missed so other fights?

They've had disagreements and moments where they didn't see eye to eye on things, but they didn't have any huge drag down fights. Like when Mercedes couldn't grasp why Kurt didn't find comfort in religion during Grilled Cheezus. But one thing that I always liked about their friendship was that they really tried to understand one another and there was a lot of compromise in both their parts in order to resolve their differences. And they never held onto grudges.

I'm really hoping that Mercedes comes to NY for more than just renewing things with Sam because while I like Hummelberry, this whole Funny Girl mess really shows that Rachel will never be able to completely remove seeing any of her friends as potential competition and I'm frankly tired of seeing Kurt as little more than her cheerleader and "best gay". The Kurtcedes relationship is a lot more balanced and mutually supportive and it will be nice to see Kurt interacting with more people.

Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next