Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21

+27
TimF
coxfire
Piciollina
awesomenessthatischriscol
MoviesAreLife
YaoiChick
opals
mindschemez
AnneNeville
Georgette888
bayth
Porcelain
tanita_mors
valkeakuulas
ChrisColfersLightning
Divalicious
Ireth
Jellyrolls
ChrisColferFan1
M&M
fantastica
Glorfindel
Ranwing
sheny
ColferInspired
brisallie
Buenos
31 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21 - Page 11 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21

Post  Buenos 2/22/2014, 10:08 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Who's singing Danny's Song?

Will and Emma.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21 - Page 11 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21

Post  fantastica 2/22/2014, 10:12 pm

^ the song fits them, but kevin's voice is perfect for it.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/22/2014, 10:13 pm

Buenos wrote:

Will and Emma.

I was only guessing it was Artie.  blushh 

At least it isn't Blaine.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/22/2014, 10:17 pm

For the released cover art work  for the songs listed for Episode 5.10 "Trio", they only list 6 songs, not 7.   As of now they have not included "Jumpin, Jumpin" which is a Blaine/Sam/Tina trio number.

They may still include it or it may have been cut from the episode; too soon to know for sure.

IF it was cut, I would guess because it's probably the 2nd song of the Senior locked in SL of that same trio/Becky and could be the most redundant and subject to be edited out.  They already have a trio number "DYFAM".    In addition, as the lame duck narrative, McKinley isn't as important anymore so editing to give more time to the NY narrative and characters makes sense.  Not sure that is actually going to happen (the song could still pop up) but just that there is no reason to prop up McKinley anymore than it needs to since it is a dying cow and Tina isn't even transferring over.  Why spend too much time on tired Senior hijinks at this point?

Last edited by Buenos on 2/22/2014, 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/22/2014, 10:29 pm

^ sometimes they have songs that they don't officially release (like pink house and afternoon delight). so that's a possibility too.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/22/2014, 11:12 pm

Buenos wrote:

Will and Emma.

Good. I'm glad Will is on it (though I do think Kevin would do a great job on it). Matt has a great voice for songs like this. It is a pretty song.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/23/2014, 5:12 am

Somehow I think Broadwayworld got it wrong, nevertheless..  coool 

http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/Adam-Lambert-Chis-Colfer-Kiss-In-New-GLEE-Promo-Featurette-20140222#.Uwmss3-9KSM

Excerpt:

FOX's hit musical dramedy series GLEE returns after a lengthy midseason hiatus next week and the first promotional featurette has just been released - among other bombshells, revealing the growing romance between the characters portrayed by recurring guest star Adam Lambert and GLEE regular Chris Colfer.

Read more at http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/Adam-Lambert-Chis-Colfer-Kiss-In-New-GLEE-Promo-Featurette-20140222#7HgrPoBb8qBdzYxs.99
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/23/2014, 6:13 am

This is for anyone who has seen Pippin (as I haven't) and I think maybe Broadway.com know what this is, as this by others who know this play call this a date, and this is flirting.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21 - Page 11 Tumblr_n1f242PWPd1rjcwt1o1_r2_400

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21 - Page 11 Tumblr_n1f242PWPd1rjcwt1o2_r3_400

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21 - Page 11 Tumblr_n1f242PWPd1rjcwt1o3_r1_400
Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21 - Page 11 Tumblr_n1f242PWPd1rjcwt1o4_r1_400

Klainers are being trolled once again.

Of course Blarren stans would probably have no idea about Pippin. This was pointed out by ones that have.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/23/2014, 9:16 am

ColferInspired wrote:This is for anyone who has seen Pippin (as I haven't) and I think maybe Broadway.com know what this is, as this by others who know this play call this a date, and this is flirting.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21 - Page 11 Tumblr_n1f242PWPd1rjcwt1o1_r2_400

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21 - Page 11 Tumblr_n1f242PWPd1rjcwt1o2_r3_400

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21 - Page 11 Tumblr_n1f242PWPd1rjcwt1o3_r1_400
Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21 - Page 11 Tumblr_n1f242PWPd1rjcwt1o4_r1_400

Klainers are being trolled once again.

Of course Blarren stans would probably have no idea about Pippin. This was pointed out by ones that have.
All I see in these gifs is 2 very fine butts walking by......................... miamiam ......................you were saying?  blushh

But yes, the innuendo is great in this one, lol. Glee likes to tease with these things (just look at Blam) but they rarely ever really go there. Plus the Klaine is Klendgame sh*t and everyone else being sacrificed at that altar.

Although I'd say that this is a milestone for Glee, as it is the first time we have a gay actor kissing a gay actor on the show (bar for Jane Lynch and Matt Bomer, but their sexualities were still not compatable), and their sexualities also match in the show.

Not that those straight allies and LGBTQ equality screaming Klaine fans take any notice of that: they call foul and "double standards" now, even when the LGBTQ representation of Elliot kissing Kurt on the cheek is of more impact than a similar scenario between Klaine.  dryy 
I think they don't really know what LGBTQ representation means. It doesn't mean "Klaine kisses and nothing else, or we'll throw a hissy fit".  Rolling Eyes

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm really looking forward to Matt and Jayma on 'Danny's Song'. I love them 2 singing together.  neutre
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 2/23/2014, 9:53 am

Oh, there's going to be more than just innuendo. Has anyone actually taken a look at the lyrics of the song that they're going to sing? How can it not be flirty.

Lyrics for I Believe In A Thing Called Love

Yeah, once they start singing about wanting to kiss every minute of the day and touching you, the Klainers' heads are going to explode.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/23/2014, 12:05 pm

I find it hilarious that the double entrendres and wink! Bromance innuendo of Blam is considered OK yet Kurt and Elliot is somehow offensive to some people.  Rolling Eyes 

TBH I hope they keep StarKurt strictly friends to make the point that two incredibly hot guys with the 'right' orientation can be friends despite scorching the earth with their magnetism.

As long as Kurt is friends with Elliot, Santana, Artie, Mercedes and Rachel along with the inevitable Klaine I'm good. coool 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 2/23/2014, 12:05 pm

Ranwing wrote:
tanita_mors wrote:
Do rehearsals last almost 1 year in RL?
probably, this is a revival of an old show, so while the prep doesn't take as long as completely new show, it takes time to decide the casting, proper direction, staging and alike. it's only when a new lead is coming into an already existing show does it take a lot less time.

A year is... a bit much. Even brand new shows can go from the very start to previews in much less time because until she show opens, all it's doing is costing them money. They're paying actors and dancers and stage crew for their work at rehearsals, they're paying rent at the theater, they're paying the director and choreographer and pretty much everyone working on the show. Once the director is hired and financing is lined up (which can be one of the most time consuming parts of getting a show running), they dive right in. But actual rehearsals? Once the cast is hired, things move very quickly.

Rachel has way too much free time given that she is the lead actress. In the real world, she would be spending every waking moment at rehearsals of some kind. Not having time to perform in a band that has its own rehearsals (and her contract would prohibit her from working in something else that conflicts with her show). Rachel would be practically living at the theater in between acting, dance and singing rehearsals. And if they're starting publicity (like the photo shoots) this should be the final stage before previews begin.

Did a little additional research and found that the actual length of time in between the show having everything set up (including obtaining the theater space) to previews is only one or two months (on average). In extremely complex shows with stunts and large casts (the example cited here is Spider Man - Turn Off The Dark) had a 16 week rehearsal period. Lots of reasons (like Actors Equity rules). This is also for the financial health for the show, because during rehearsals, actors aren't paid at full salary, but full salary kicks in after a set period so it's in the shows financial interest to open as soon after the cast is hired as possible.

Playbill.com

So this apparent months long rehearsal process, where Rachel has loads of free time for other activities? Complete and utter bullshit.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/23/2014, 12:11 pm

Maybe there are stunt injuries in 'Funny Girl"  phr34r 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 2/23/2014, 12:22 pm

The timeline for this season utterly stinks and makes no sense, but it appears that Rachel was officially hired in the very early spring. That makes sense if the show is going to open in time for the Tony nominations (which come out in early May). The show has to open before then if they're going to be considered for any awards that season (it would be eligible for best revival an Rachel would be eligible for an acting nod). If we're at the point of Nationals (which always happened right before graduation) and the McKinley graduation, Funny Girl has to be opening like... now. Not still in the process of hiring cast (like Rachel's understudy).

The only thing that would make any kind of sense is if Rachel isn't working out and they might be looking to possibly replace her. But if that's the case, why would she be sitting in on the understudy auditions? This story really makes no sense at all.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 2/23/2014, 12:30 pm

Kurt is seeing Pippen and I hope they let Kurt sing "Corner of the Sky":

Everything has its season
Everything has its time
Show me a reason and I'll soon show you a rhyme
Cats fit on the windowsill
Children fit in the snow
Why do I feel I don't fit in anywhere I go?

Rivers belong where they can ramble
Eagles belong where they can fly
I've got to be where my spirit can run free
Got to find my corner of the sky

Every man has his daydreams
Every man has his goal
People like the way dreams have
Of sticking to the soul
Thunderclouds have their lightning
Nightingales have their song
And don't you see I want my life to be
Something more than long....

So many men seem destined
To settle for something small
But I won't rest until I know I'll have it all
So don't ask where I'm going
Just listen when I'm gone
And far away you'll hear me singing
Softly to the dawn:

bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 2/23/2014, 12:33 pm

Pippin is one of the parts that I can easily see Kurt play (Chris too). It's a great character and has some of my favorite Broadway songs. Besides, I'm a sucker for Bob Fosse choreography.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 2/23/2014, 1:28 pm

Last edited by sheny on 2/23/2014, 1:50 pm; edited 2 times in total

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 2/23/2014, 1:32 pm

I Believe in a Thing Called Love (Preview)

It's perfect  wub Can't wait for the full song and their performance.

ETA: The full version

Glee Cast [ft. Adam Lambert] - I Believe in a Thing Called Love

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 2/23/2014, 1:57 pm

I'm in love. They compliment each other perfectly.
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/23/2014, 2:12 pm

luv it!!!!!! yayayayayayayayay!

can they just do a whole album already?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 2/23/2014, 2:14 pm

I was able to grab a copy until the actual version is out on itunes.

Here ya go: I Believe In A Thing Called Love - full
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 2/23/2014, 2:27 pm

they sound fantastic together again !!!!! chris is keeping up as much as one can with adam lambert and i think this is the best he sounded on a high enegey rock song ever. one drawback, the music is sooooo loud.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/23/2014, 2:30 pm

the music is loud and i think there is too much background vocals that's drowning the forefront vocals. i wish i can hear chris better, but they do sound great together.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 2/23/2014, 2:39 pm

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 2/23/2014, 2:52 pm

Pippin is going on now, I believe--it wasn't happening last summer!

Second acting a show is naughty. Bad Kurt! :-)

Broadway shows don't rehearse anywhere near a year. Maybe two months, plus a preview period which may last another month. A lot of them do out of town tryouts, sometimes several, which are often pretty much seperate productions with separate rehearsal periods (there are often gaps between the runs, as the shows are looking for money/backing, and there is often new casting when the next 'tryout' begins).

Very long rehearsal periods (over two or three months in duration) are a European thing, I think. It is not usually done in the USA. Too expensive.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next