Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The People's Choice Awards 2014 Celebration Thread! Congrats, Chris!

+33
opals
AnneNeville
SippyCupofLuv
tanita_mors
glitteronmyface
GreenEyes
mindschemez
M&M
MissSoniaPP
glimmerle
bayth
murasaki1
brisallie
arina
ColdFlame96
SkyMoon
Buenos
Georgette888
msjoanlucette
sjonnepon
Ireth
sheny
Glorfindel
Piciollina
fantastica
ColferInspired
valkeakuulas
angelnessa
ChrisColferFan1
Ranwing
Lottie2303
coxfire
Jellyrolls
37 posters

Page 30 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

The People's Choice Awards 2014 Celebration Thread!  Congrats, Chris! - Page 30 Empty Re: The People's Choice Awards 2014 Celebration Thread! Congrats, Chris!

Post  ColferInspired 1/10/2014, 1:00 am

The People's Choice Awards 2014 Celebration Thread!  Congrats, Chris! - Page 30 Tumblr_mz53ovHUai1qimnrpo1_500
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

The People's Choice Awards 2014 Celebration Thread!  Congrats, Chris! - Page 30 Empty Re: The People's Choice Awards 2014 Celebration Thread! Congrats, Chris!

Post  Buenos 1/10/2014, 1:08 am

http://www.boston.com/ae/tv/blog/2014/01/the_producers_o.html

5. Favorite comedic TV actor award winner Chris Colfer ("Glee") thanked the people who draw him naked for drawing in his abs -- because apparently those are both things that happen.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 1/10/2014, 1:43 am

Buenos wrote:http://www.boston.com/ae/tv/blog/2014/01/the_producers_o.html

5. Favorite comedic TV actor award winner Chris Colfer ("Glee") thanked the people who draw him naked for drawing in his abs -- because apparently those are both things that happen.

That wasn't how he worded it, but I like this better.  Smile
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sjonnepon 1/10/2014, 6:19 am

ColferInspired wrote:I love the new haircut, but I miss the coif because it was so Kurt.  :( 

But I know I will get used to it when he plays him.

His hair grows so fast, by the time they start filming again it's allready the height of the eifeltower again.
sjonnepon
sjonnepon
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/10/2014, 10:27 pm

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/10/2014, 10:50 pm

The People's Choice Awards 2014 Celebration Thread!  Congrats, Chris! - Page 30 Tumblr_mz5mx2dVsc1r1v397o1_500

The People's Choice Awards 2014 Celebration Thread!  Congrats, Chris! - Page 30 Tumblr_mz5mx2dVsc1r1v397o2_r1_500

The People's Choice Awards 2014 Celebration Thread!  Congrats, Chris! - Page 30 Tumblr_mz5mx2dVsc1r1v397o3_500
x

Taken from this 7 seconds video: link to ccn.  neutre
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 1/11/2014, 11:51 am

^  Razz He forgot where his heart is
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/11/2014, 2:00 pm

I loved seeing him with Naya on stage. He's so linked on the show with Rachel and Blaine that Kurtana is something refreshing to me.

Plus they look good together!
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 1/11/2014, 2:38 pm

I agree that Kurtana brings something refresing, so I'm afraid we won't get more scenes of those two when blaine get to NY :(
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/11/2014, 5:52 pm

Since the PCA's are expanding categories anyways, along with this years "Gal Pals" and "Bromances", I wish they would have added M/F platonic friendships.  Plus it would have sent a nice message that not all successful and healthy M/F pairings on TV have to be sexual in nature.

If they had it this year I think Hummelberrylopez would have won in a landslide!  Razz
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 1/12/2014, 3:19 am

I think they could have included HummelberryLopez in the Best Chesmitry category, because not only couples fits into that category. Actually there're some friendships that have more chemistry, and some couples not coughklainecough
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 1/12/2014, 3:33 am

brisallie wrote:I think they could have included HummelberryLopez in the Best Chesmitry category, because not only couples fits into that category. Actually there're some friendships that have more chemistry, and some couples not coughklainecough

True, I agree. I would of voted forHummelberryLopez.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  glimmerle 1/12/2014, 8:46 am

brisallie wrote:I think they could have included HummelberryLopez in the Best Chesmitry category, because not only couples fits into that category. Actually there're some friendships that have more chemistry, and some couples not coughklainecough
I agree. Actually the PCAs didn't see the chemistry-category in a purely romantic way. The pre-selection of chemistry-nominees also included Sheldon & Penny from TBBT and Holmes & Watson from Elementary, both platonic M/F-relationships. They just didn't make it to the final round. So the PCAs could have added a non-romantic Hummelberry(lopez) friendship to this category as well. I voted for Hummelberry via write-in vote (I did the same for Kadam tbh), but there obviously weren't enough others doing the same to get them a nomination.
glimmerle
glimmerle
Llama
Llama

http://glimmerle.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/12/2014, 11:53 am

The problem with all these new categories is that they really dilute whatever limited prestige getting a PCA means. Now I'm not going to lie that I wasn't delighted to see Chris win (and Darren lose everything he was up for) but I don't delude myself into thinking that winning a PCA is anywhere near as important as winning a real industry award (like an Emmy or a Golden Globe). It's a fun award, and it is an emblem that the winners are indeed popular with fans. But once you start getting away from the basic categories (favorite actor, film, show, etc.) and we do Bromance, friendship, it just makes it like a kindergarten award - lots of prizes so that everyone can feel good about themselves.

Now... having said that... the fact that Darren got nominated for so many of the least meaningful awards and won nothing... yes, that is the kind of thing that warms the cockles of my evil little heart. Twisted Evil 
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/12/2014, 2:05 pm

I think the PCA's are what they are: a fan voted (multiple votes possible) award show, that gives some sort of indication of how popular a series, a movie, a celebrity, a singer, a song is, but mostly how devoted their fans are.
Nothing more, but certainly also nothing less, even though some people are now trying to devaluate it to being practically worthless.

Right now a lot of sore losers are claiming that the PCA's are rubbish anyway, that the result is rigged, that the network broadcasting the awards favors its own shows, that only celebrities who want to attend get awards.
Even if there's some truth in that: if their favorite had won instead they wouldn't be saying this now, after the voting is over, and they were just as excited that their fave got nominated for such a 'prestigious' award in the first place.

These bad losers are now also saying that the fans who voted their fingers off so their favorite actually won are frighteningly "fanatical" and "have no life when they can vote 1000+ times a day", when we all know darn well that some fandoms who's favorite lost did exactly the same thing, even used cheating bots in an attempt to get their fave that win.
After their fave lost, suddenly to them winning a PCA is not a big deal anymore, nothing but a ridiculous and industry laughable fan award. Well, I bet they would be singing a different tune if their favorite had won instead.

I mean: I have no illusion as a Chris Colfer fan that winning a PCA is even near to being on par with him winning that Golden Globe or getting those Emmy nods, but let's not just dismiss the PCA's as being as silly as the KCA's or TCA's (and even those awards aren't that silly as they look, even though they are definitely rigged and bought). It still matters to the industry people, in the way that it proves a certain actor has a solid and fanatic fanbase, plus there's the immediate exposure to the GA at the award show itself (10+ million viewers!).

The people have indeed spoken: there's no denying that.
The hardcore Kurties and Colferites fought hard for this award, and even so I don't think they would have been able to manage that without the GA votes: people who voted once or only a couple of times because they like Chris without being deeply involved in his fandom.
Plus Chris did not win just this year, but repeated/prolonged his last year's title. And all that with even more severe reduced screentime and GA exposure on the show he got that award for.
That's not to be sniffed at, imo.

Last edited by Glorfindel on 1/12/2014, 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/12/2014, 3:01 pm

I would say that Chris is a name, a TV star with a very devoted and loyal fanbase, respected within the industry. He's not a superstar nor a household name in quite the way some TV stars are, but that's OK. Ie he's not being asked to host SNL, make bid budget movies in the off season, etc.

Jane Lynch and Lea Michele probably have a higher public profile,though I realize it's not a contest. However that is why the PCA's are good for Chris, it's building his name and visibility with the public and within the industry. It's all good even if it doesn't have nearly the weight/ gravitas of "legit" awards show.

I think it's highly impressive his fanbase AND Glee fans AND the GA were all part of winning the award. Make no mistake with a 20 million live audience for TBBT it would also take others voting for Chris to make this win possible.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/12/2014, 3:02 pm

Unquestioningly winning the award two years in a row is important for Chris, especially when combating the argument that Darren deserves the attention he gets and the amount of screen time he's accorded on the show because of his alleged popularity. This shows that not only is Chris extremely popular (and arguably one of the most popular actors on the show) but that his popularity is arguably higher than Darren's and even more importantly, his popularity had legs. He's not just a flash in the pan. Chris has managed to take his popularity from the show and translate it into popularity as an author, a screenwriter and an actor for his work outside of Glee.

I don't think that the PCAs are nearly as "junk" as the TCAs. There's no disclaimer that the winner might be determined by the show. And yes, the most dedicated fans can shift the balance, but the Blarren stans are playing the hypocrite card again. If Darren had won, they would have been crowing about how dedicated his fans were to give him this award. But because Darren lost, they want to turn it into a negative because Chris's fans were a bit more dedicated and effective (and very likely had sheer numbers in their favor). Sour grapes indeed.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/12/2014, 3:35 pm

NGL the fans that I think could get a bit (justifiably) annoyed are those of Jim Parsons, playing the Devils advocate,  I can imagine them saying " so our millions are trumped by Glee fans voting tens of thousands of times?"

If I were them I would get galvanized for next year, though I think Jim Parsons with his 3 Emmys wins isn't too upset about it. neutre
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/12/2014, 4:54 pm

Well, if Jim Parsons' fans had paid even the slightest bit of attention they would have seen the dedication of both Chris and Darren's fans to get them a PCA award, and they could have doubled their own efforts and rallied their troups to not let that happen without a proper fight, and vote even harder for Jim.
It's not like it was all done in secret.

But I got to say that because Chris and Darren both got nominated and therefore Glee fan war #384 commenced (which had both their fans voting like crazy) the PCA results did not mirror the overall 'people'/GA opinion. We all know that a lot of Chris' fans voted harder and more determined than ever before because they didn't want him to lose from Darren: I know I did.

TBH: if Chris hadn't been up against Darren directly, I probably wouldn't have voted that much for him, and I had been very happy if any of the other nominees had won over Chris, whether it be Jim Parsons, NPH or Jesse Tyler Ferguson.
In that way I kinda feel..... entitled and pushy, a bit dirty so to speak, and I almost want to apologize to those 3 very fine and good actors who were nominated alongside Chris.

OTOH: I'm really thrilled that Chris won for the 2nd time in a row, because it does prove his popularity wasn't a flash in the pan but has longevity (like Wendy said) and a solid fanbase, and this PCA award helps to establish his reputation and career a lot better than Glee is currently doing for him.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/12/2014, 5:35 pm

Ranwing wrote:The problem with all these new categories is that they really dilute whatever limited prestige getting a PCA means. Now I'm not going to lie that I wasn't delighted to see Chris win (and Darren lose everything he was up for) but I don't delude myself into thinking that winning a PCA is anywhere near as important as winning a real industry award (like an Emmy or a Golden Globe). It's a fun award, and it is an emblem that the winners are indeed popular with fans. But once you start getting away from the basic categories (favorite actor, film, show, etc.) and we do Bromance, friendship, it just makes it like a kindergarten award - lots of prizes so that everyone can feel good about themselves.

Now... having said that... the fact that Darren got nominated for so many of the least meaningful awards and won nothing... yes, that is the kind of thing that warms the cockles of my evil little heart. Twisted Evil 
I overlooked the bolded part a bit the first time I read your post, but I fully agree with that. The more awards, the less value they seem to have. If everyone and their dog in the industry can get their hands on one of those crystal phallic symbols.....
And these sub-categories like best bromance and best chemistry can conveniently latch weaker/less popular actors to stronger/popular actors, so they can have their shot of winning a PCA as well.

Plus with all these more fan/ship oriented categories the PCA organisation devaluates the 'bigger/more important' categories of their own awards show even more. For instance: I can imagine that winning favorite actor holds a lot more meaning for the actor involved than being half of the couple that wins 'best bromance'. (just look at Lea, who didn't bother to come collect the gal palls award, which was even handed out to Naya on the red carpet).
Not even mentioning the abuse and bullying an actor might get from certain shippers because of that couple.

I know the PCA's is basically a fandom award, so catering to the fans seems like a good idea, but these secondary categories, especially the shipper based ones, does feed the fandom crazies.
And what's next? Best fanfiction? Best porn fanart? Celebrity with the most dedicated stalker?
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 1/12/2014, 8:39 pm

it's indeed fandom award - awarding the fandom that works the hardest.  neutre  so we are the winners.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/12/2014, 9:16 pm

Well, if Jim Parsons' fans had paid even the slightest bit of attention they would have seen the dedication of both Chris and Darren's fans to get them a PCA award, and they could have doubled their own efforts and rallied their troups to not let that happen without a proper fight, and vote even harder for Jim.

I'm sure they've learned their lesson. Next year if Chris hopefully gets nominated again it will be exponentially harder to get the three peat, but it will be fun if it happens.  coool 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 1/12/2014, 9:31 pm

Buenos wrote:

I'm sure they've learned their lesson.  Next year if Chris hopefully gets nominated again it will be exponentially harder to get the three peat, but it will be fun if it happens.   coool 

And hopefully we will never see Blarren nominated again.
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/12/2014, 9:36 pm

I'm thinking Chris will have a great shot because of his fandom to have that third PCA in a row.   It will be the last hurrah year of Glee so the fans may be even more pumped up to have him exit with a bang!  coool 

Threepeat...Threepeat...Threepeat..Threepeat...Threepeat...Threepeat.....
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  mindschemez 1/13/2014, 3:20 am

It's definitely no Golden Globes…but that's ok because Chris is already proven to be of that caliber.

But even understanding that, I'd still put effort into it because it does have some degree of significance..and that is more so the exposure/PR of it all really. Media outlets still pay a lot of attention to them--there were tons of articles, and even CNN was live-tweeting results. Last year's win was cool because SBL was that same week. And Chris received a lot of mentions in various best moments lists, which is always a plus! Plus, celebrities get pretty jazzed about it too, as seen by their campaigning.

But yes, the fandom awards don't help.

mindschemez
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next