Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The People's Choice Awards 2014 Celebration Thread! Congrats, Chris!

+33
opals
AnneNeville
SippyCupofLuv
tanita_mors
glitteronmyface
GreenEyes
mindschemez
M&M
MissSoniaPP
glimmerle
bayth
murasaki1
brisallie
arina
ColdFlame96
SkyMoon
Buenos
Georgette888
msjoanlucette
sjonnepon
Ireth
sheny
Glorfindel
Piciollina
fantastica
ColferInspired
valkeakuulas
angelnessa
ChrisColferFan1
Ranwing
Lottie2303
coxfire
Jellyrolls
37 posters

Page 31 of 31 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 29, 30, 31

Go down

The People's Choice Awards 2014 Celebration Thread!  Congrats, Chris! - Page 31 Empty Re: The People's Choice Awards 2014 Celebration Thread! Congrats, Chris!

Post  Georgette888 1/13/2014, 3:32 am

The rise in Chris's twitter following alone shows that it is good for exposure.
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

The People's Choice Awards 2014 Celebration Thread!  Congrats, Chris! - Page 31 Empty Re: The People's Choice Awards 2014 Celebration Thread! Congrats, Chris!

Post  Glorfindel 1/13/2014, 11:28 am

^Right.  hapitgh 

Glee Wins 2 People’s Choice Awards — But Loses 6! Stars React

January 9, 2014 at 01:27PM EST by Beth Douglass

The People's Choice Awards 2014 Celebration Thread!  Congrats, Chris! - Page 31 508GLEEEpSc8015-1385171825

Credit: Adam Rose/FOX. ©️2013 Fox Broadcasting Co.

To quote one Miss Emma Pillsbury, “Yay Glee!” The Fox comedy took home two awards during the 2014 People’s Choice Awards on January 8. That really is awesome, though admittedly not quite as awesome as it could be. Glee was nominated for a total of eight awards, which  means they actually lost out on a lot more than they won.

The night’s big winners were the actors behind our favorite NYC trio: Chris Colfer (Kurt), Lea Michele (Rachel) and Naya Rivera (Santana). Chris took home the award for Favorite Comedic TV Actor, while Lea and Naya get to co-own the award for Favorite TV Gal Pals. In short, Santana Lopez + Rachel Berry = Pezberry FTW!

Lea and her co-star Jane Lynch (Sue) were up for Favorite TV Comedy actress, but both lost out to newlywed Kaley Cuoco of The Big Bang Theory. And since Darren Criss (Blaine) was up against Chris Colfer for Favorite Comedic TV Actor, Chris’s win means that Darren went home empty-handed.

In another loss, D and co-star Chord Overstreet (Sam) lost out to Supernatural’s Sam, Dean, and Castiel in the category of Favorite TV Bromance. How very not BLAM-tastic. In favorite Network TV Comedy, Glee lost out to The Big Bang Theory.

Lea didn’t attend the show, but she did take a moment to tweet fans and thank them for their support. Naya was present, showing off her newly-blonde locks, and later sent a series of tweets thanking fans.

Congrats to Glee’s reigning three on their big wins!
wetpaint

They forgot to mention that Klaine lost, although they counted that loss in the article's title. Oversight, hmmm?  humhum 

But at least they called the NYC trio the big winners (which they were).  Smile
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/13/2014, 12:10 pm

Glorfindel wrote:Well, if Jim Parsons' fans had paid even the slightest bit of attention they would have seen the dedication of both Chris and Darren's fans to get them a PCA award, and they could have doubled their own efforts and rallied their troups to not let that happen without a proper fight, and vote even harder for Jim.
It's not like it was all done in secret.

It's not brain surgery. The most votes wins, not the actor on the show with the best viewer ratings. They'll know better next time.

But I got to say that because Chris and Darren both got nominated and therefore Glee fan war #384 commenced (which had both their fans voting like crazy) the PCA results did not mirror the overall 'people'/GA opinion. We all know that a lot of Chris' fans voted harder and more determined than ever before because they didn't want him to lose from Darren: I know I did.

You're not alone. I would have been satisified to see any one of the four (with the exception of Darren) win because they are all extremely talented actors who really do an outstanding job on their respective shows. And Chris's fanbase is very loyal and very active so I'm not terribly surprised that the category basically became a horse race between him and Darren (with the others just being left in the dust). If Darren weren't in contention, I don't know if the results would have been really different, but the other actors in the category would have had a better showing.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/13/2014, 1:04 pm

As far as I know we don't have an official tally of overall votes , or do we? I know that twitter had done tabulations at some point but do we even know what percentage of the actual vote the twitter count was.

I'm going to guess the straight hits on the web site were not listed comparatively. If Kaley Cuoco won actress over both Lea and Jane I wouldn't presume Jim Parsons for TBBT didn't get a big chunk of votes and for all we know finished second.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/13/2014, 1:28 pm

It's a shame that there isn't an offical tally somewhere so we can see how the votes panned out. For all we know, it was very close between at least a few of the contenders. Or it could have been a complete blow out. We'll never know.

I'm more surprised by Lea not winning her category than Jane because Lea has gotten so much sympathetic media attention in the past few months. She also has a very dedicated and loyal fan base that I would have expected would go to bat for her. I know that TBBT is the hot show right now, but I still very much expected Lea to win this, if only because she would have gotten the sympathy vote.

It just goes to show you that in awards like this, when the winner hinges on who's fanbase is bigger/more active/more dedicated, nothing can be taken for granted. If the fanbase is asleep at the wheel, then the nominee won't stand a chance. It's to Chris's credit that at a time when he's gotten a very limited amount of focus on Glee that his fans came out as strongly as they did for him.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 1/13/2014, 1:58 pm

Being a fan of both, I would of been happy if Chris or Darren won the Comedy Actor award

Not to be mean, but, in all objectivity, Darren shouldn't even have been nominated in this category. I don't denigrate Darren in his entirety, though, I think that he is a good singer, a tad generic, but a good one. However, as far as acting goes, Darren is extremely limited.
I'm all for recognizing that, as a singing performer, he is a strong one, but I would never, ever see him deserving of any nomination or win in the ACTING category. I could give you 15 other guys that are more deserving than Darren in terms of acting (both in US and foreign TV shows, particularly the UK ones, that are sorely overlooked).
And you know, I love Chris and all, but he is far from being my favorite SINGER. I love his acting, think that he sings quite well, but I can go without the singing easily.

So, yes, I guess Darren fans are upset, but they shouldn't be, because, to me, him being nominated is already far fetched. I get that we all have different tastes, and I understand Darren has fans, but his actig abilities are IMO overrated and have more to do with his looks and overexposure on the show than a real ability to display the emotions that go through his character.
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 1/13/2014, 2:24 pm

@coxfire, but remember the people's choice are for favorite actor--which doesn't necessarily mean the best actor. Your post would be perfect if it we were talking about the Emmys, SAG awards, or Golden Globes, but stuff like the People's Choice or Teen Choice awards are really about who has the fan base to put their choice into the lead. Darren's fans worked to get him a nomination, just like Chris' fans worked to get him one. Glee has a very active and passionate fan base, and Darren imparticular has a very loud and active fan base known for spamming any poll they can to get recognition for him. That's why you see someone like Darren get nominated for something like this when the actors who get the Emmy and SAG noms are often overlooked.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/13/2014, 2:39 pm

The nice thing about Chris is that he spans both popularity driven awards and more merit based awards.  He's been nominated for individual achievements for Golden Globes (won) , SAG, and Emmys.  It's not his fault the show has failed to give him SL's or even an episode where he is the focus, ( IMO which is why he can't get Emmy nods anymore ) yet despite that he's still wildly popular with the fanbase.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/13/2014, 2:45 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:@coxfire, but remember the people's choice are for favorite actor--which doesn't necessarily mean the best actor. Your post would be perfect if it we were talking about the Emmys, SAG awards, or Golden Globes, but stuff like the People's Choice or Teen Choice awards are really about who has the fan base to put their choice into the lead.  Darren's fans worked to get him a nomination, just like Chris' fans worked to get him one.  Glee has a very active and passionate fan base, and Darren imparticular has a very loud and active fan base known for spamming any poll they can to get recognition for him.   That's why you see someone like Darren get nominated for something like this when the actors who get the Emmy and SAG noms are often overlooked.  

True. But there is something telling that except for Darren, all of the other nominees for that category have recieved multiple nominations for the real industry rewards. Darren does stand out as someone who's there only because he's got a bunch of batshit crazy fans. Which is why I'm deeply gratified that Chris is not only popular, but has the critically acclaimed acting chops to back that popularity up.

I highly doubt that we'll ever see Darren nominated for any of the real prestigious awards despite how talented his stans consider him to be. That's not to say that he isn't a popular performer (which really makes me lament the taste of a lot of viewers) and that he won't be successful in his career (as there are plenty of hacks who somehow manage to find work despite their relative lack of talent). But to be acknowledged as being one of the most talented actors, or that he has given a performance worthy of something like a SAG or an Emmy... it's just not going to happen. He doesn't have the acting chops. He's fine when it comes to light comedy (though the really dark, subversive kind that Glee used to excel in is beyond his ability), but he is a complete fail at drama. Any time he has been called upon for a serious dramatic scene (like in Big Brother), you can cue the inappropriate laughter.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/13/2014, 2:52 pm

One thing in the Emmys/SAG/Golden Globes that I think confuses things for voters is that Chris is voted on "comedy" categories  when his big work on Glee seems more dramatic.

I mean you can win that way (Edie Falcon) but it's tougher overall I think unless you're a big star and on cable.   Yet even "Girls' has a lot of dark or even black humor/satire.

Mind you Chris gets bits of comedy but I've yet to see one Glee episode in ages (if ever) that is simply highlighting Chris comedic skills for 10-15 minutes. If they did that those nods would come back.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/13/2014, 3:21 pm

Glee is an interesting type of comedy. It is dark and serious at times (I used the term subersive before) and it used to have a great balance of intelligent comedy spiced with some real serious drama components. In season one we had Rachel saying that she had no gag reflex and Emmy telling her she would see it as a gift one day (and having that comment go right over Rachel's head). But we also had Quinn dealing with being kicked out of her family's home when she got pregant. There has always been the very serious stuff on the show.

Chris's performances reflect the best of what Glee used to be. Yes, his bullying storyline was dark and serious (I still hurt for him when I watch Never Been Kissed), but he had as strong (if not stronger) grasp on the comedy aspect of his role which ranged from the subtle reaction shots to slapstick. Look at his expressions during the Warbler performance of Misery back in Original Song - you could hear his mental voice going "I am so over this crap!". He had depth to his performances. His comedy had the traces of drama and his drama never went into melodrama because he had such a strong grasp on it.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 1/13/2014, 3:29 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:@coxfire, but remember the people's choice are for favorite actor--which doesn't necessarily mean the best actor. Your post would be perfect if it we were talking about the Emmys, SAG awards, or Golden Globes, but stuff like the People's Choice or Teen Choice awards are really about who has the fan base to put their choice into the lead.  Darren's fans worked to get him a nomination, just like Chris' fans worked to get him one.  Glee has a very active and passionate fan base, and Darren imparticular has a very loud and active fan base known for spamming any poll they can to get recognition for him.   That's why you see someone like Darren get nominated for something like this when the actors who get the Emmy and SAG noms are often overlooked.  

Oh, I know. But when the reasons for an actor to be a fan's favorite is not based on acting capabilities, this is what I find saddening. It is thus all based on looks, and in this case kinda rewards superficiality and even mediocrity over sheer talent. Hey guys, no need to be talented to succeed, just be lucky on genetic lottery and you are set for stardom.

This is the reasons Darren's nomination annoyed me more than anything
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/13/2014, 3:34 pm

Both his comedy and drama have such range and you can never anticipate his acting choices in scenes. He can go from sheer slapstick to subtle in comedy and even his timing and vocal inflections are impeccable. The B/W XMAS segment of S3 he was the one actor in that who was both playing it straight and yet with a subversive edge , it really was comic genius how he pulled it off. ( the other actors, even Lea I admit, struggled with the tongue in cheek aspect of that segment)
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/13/2014, 3:39 pm

coxfire wrote:This is the reasons Darren's nomination annoyed me more than anything

It's a shame that quality doesn't always go hand in hand with popularity. There are plenty of highly successful performers out there that I can't help from wondering how they have careers because my cat has more musical talent (Britany Spears & Justin Beiber, I'm looking at you). I've said before that Darren appeals to the least discerning audience who are won over by a cute (miles may vary) guy with less depth than a kiddie pool. I said the same thing about the Twilight books took. Crap has a way of sometimes reaching a far larger audience than it has any right to.

Or as my father says - "Shit floats."

Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/13/2014, 4:13 pm

I think Justin Beiber is talented for what he does, and appealing to a Tweens/teen fanbase might not be my logistics or cup of tea but it's lucrative.

The question for someone like Justin Beiber is  will he have longevity, some in the industry thought he had a shot but his complete PR disaster as far as his public persona these days makes one wonder.

I never thought Justin Timberlake was all that talented back in his boy band days yet he's done more than OK.

For much is timing/luck but also hard work. Daniel Radcliffe has worked extremely hard to re invent himself post Harry Potter, and while I personally don't think he's the greatest actor/talent out there he hasn't rested on his laurels and he's shrewdly taken advantage of the opportunities he's been given.

It's people like Joseph Gordon Levitt, Jared Leto, James Franco , etc who fascinate me with the variety and depth of their talent.  Add Chris Colfer.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 1/13/2014, 4:40 pm

talking about james franco, the night before last night I had a dream about meeting him.  Shocked  i don't remember any details except he was smiling. it was weird because i knew i was dreaming and immediately i asked myself "why", because while i love JF i am not a dedicated fan. usually when i am dreaming i know i am dreaming and will end up analyze the dream while inside the dream.  blinkk  anybody else have similar experiences?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/13/2014, 5:03 pm

fantastica wrote:talking about james franco, the night before last night I had a dream about meeting him.  Shocked  i don't remember any details except he was smiling. it was weird because i knew i was dreaming and immediately i asked myself "why", because while i love JF i am not a dedicated fan. usually when i am dreaming i know i am dreaming and will end up analyze the dream while inside the dream.  blinkk  anybody else have similar experiences?

Same for me...LOL.

In my case I practically woke up from a dream saying "why am I meeting John Krasinski?"  Razz 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/13/2014, 5:07 pm

Buenos wrote:
fantastica wrote:talking about james franco, the night before last night I had a dream about meeting him.  Shocked  i don't remember any details except he was smiling. it was weird because i knew i was dreaming and immediately i asked myself "why", because while i love JF i am not a dedicated fan. usually when i am dreaming i know i am dreaming and will end up analyze the dream while inside the dream.  blinkk  anybody else have similar experiences?

Same for me...LOL.

In my case I practically woke up from a dream saying "why am I meeting John Krasinski?"   Razz 

Jared Leto is on my bucket list.

Those eyes.... ded
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 31 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 29, 30, 31