Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The People's Choice Awards 2014 Celebration Thread! Congrats, Chris!

+33
opals
AnneNeville
SippyCupofLuv
tanita_mors
glitteronmyface
GreenEyes
mindschemez
M&M
MissSoniaPP
glimmerle
bayth
murasaki1
brisallie
arina
ColdFlame96
SkyMoon
Buenos
Georgette888
msjoanlucette
sjonnepon
Ireth
sheny
Glorfindel
Piciollina
fantastica
ColferInspired
valkeakuulas
angelnessa
ChrisColferFan1
Ranwing
Lottie2303
coxfire
Jellyrolls
37 posters

Page 15 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23 ... 31  Next

Go down

The People's Choice Awards 2014 Celebration Thread!  Congrats, Chris! - Page 15 Empty Re: The People's Choice Awards 2014 Celebration Thread! Congrats, Chris!

Post  Glorfindel 11/20/2013, 4:53 am

Tweeting is not really working for me, as I 'must' read and check the entire tweet before retweeting them, so there are no mistakes or accidental tweets voting for someone else, and this takes up too much time for me.

I'm a lot faster on the facebook page. I'm voting like crazy there. arms
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

The People's Choice Awards 2014 Celebration Thread!  Congrats, Chris! - Page 15 Empty Re: The People's Choice Awards 2014 Celebration Thread! Congrats, Chris!

Post  valkeakuulas 11/20/2013, 8:47 am

I actually did a tweet, well two, first using the facebook app and then an actual tweet with my almost buried Twitter account. Based on the recent activity in the #comedictvactor it's all about Chris and Darren with few Parsons thrown in the middle, at least in the European afternoon.

It just feels haphazard, the twitter voting, but it's the only way to get the direction of our opinion noted. No one "sees" the manic clicks on the facebook or apps...yet.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 11/20/2013, 9:42 am

valkeakuulas wrote:I actually did a tweet, well two, first using the facebook app and then an actual tweet with my almost buried Twitter account. Based on the recent activity in the #comedictvactor it's all about Chris and Darren with few Parsons thrown in the middle, at least in the European afternoon.

It just feels haphazard, the twitter voting, but it's the only way to get the direction of our opinion noted. No one "sees" the manic clicks on the facebook or apps...yet.
This is the point.  I just want to make sure Chris stays ahead of Darren in the twitter universe, especially with so much cheating from the blarren Stans.  Twitter should only be a small part of our daily votes, but it is important to show our votes publicly too.  You don't need to do a lot of vote on twitter.  Just ,25 or 5o each day so you have a say.

Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 11/20/2013, 11:17 am

I think you have a good point. And it's always good to give few mentions from different countries to help the trending, right? I doubt there are that many tweets coming from this part of the world so I'd assume Twitter has some sort of wide-spread system to count trending topics. I mean if Finland tweets, lets say 50 times it has to be meaningful agaist the thousands sent from US in the general picture? What I'm getting here is that it's not the amount of tweets but how wide spread the interest is in general?

I'd like to really know how the World trending is created. saispa
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 11/20/2013, 12:32 pm

Can someone explain again how to get your Twitter account from being freezed. I didn't even get to 50 before they froze me?!  27 to be exactly. And I was being quite ingenious as well. Wink

ETA: Should I just accept the unfreeze form they keep shoving to my face? This way of voting is infuriating and silly me for getting excited. Couple of hundred extra facebook votes it is then.vexe 
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  SippyCupofLuv 11/20/2013, 12:59 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:
valkeakuulas wrote:I actually did a tweet, well two, first using the facebook app and then an actual tweet with my almost buried Twitter account. Based on the recent activity in the #comedictvactor it's all about Chris and Darren with few Parsons thrown in the middle, at least in the European afternoon.

This is the point.  I just want to make sure Chris stays ahead of Darren in the twitter universe, especially with so much cheating from the blarren Stans.  Twitter should only be a small part of our daily votes, but it is important to show our votes publicly too.  You don't need to do a lot of vote on twitter.  Just ,25 or 5o each day so you have a say.

It also helps for avoiding any Chris tweets for retweeting that contain Klaine votes in them too to add "-Blaine" in the search (or the "-" before whatever term is used for Klaine voting. Or whatever term you want to avoid in your search results.)

I found this out when wanting to sift out the HIMYM votes from Chris and Delena multi-vote tweets.

SippyCupofLuv
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 11/20/2013, 1:08 pm

valkeakuulas wrote:Can someone explain again how to get your Twitter account from being freezed. I didn't even get to 50 before they froze me?!  27 to be exactly. And I was being quite ingenious as well. Wink

ETA: Should I just accept the unfreeze form they keep shoving to my face? This way of voting is infuriating and silly me for getting excited. Couple of hundred extra facebook votes it is then.vexe 
You can accept the unfreeze form, and that will work. If you do it in small increments, it shouldn't be an issue.

SippyCupofLuv wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:

It also helps for avoiding any Chris tweets for retweeting that contain Klaine votes in them too to add "-Blaine" in the search (or the "-" before whatever term is used for Klaine voting. Or whatever term you want to avoid in your search results.)

I found this out when wanting to sift out the HIMYM votes from Chris and Delena multi-vote tweets.
Thanks for the tip!
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 11/20/2013, 1:11 pm

valkeakuulas wrote:Can someone explain again how to get your Twitter account from being freezed. I didn't even get to 50 before they froze me?!  27 to be exactly. And I was being quite ingenious as well. Wink

ColferInspired posted this when my twitter account was suspended last week. I hope it helps.

ColferInspired wrote:
PSA for those voting on twitter

If anyone’s PCA voting accounts have been suspended by twitter, there are two ways of getting them unsuspended.
The first is to click on the pop up telling you your account is suspended. If it goes through to a place where is asks you to agree to the terms, just tick the boxes, type the Capatcha and then press continue.
This should unsuspend your account.

Now you have to persevere and keep voting and then unsuspending each time and eventually twitter seem to get the message.
The second sort of suspension takes you through to the official suspended account page. This is a little more involved.
Type your information and then the reason why you think your account should be unsuspended.
Write something like
"I am voting for the PCA Awards. This is not spamming, it is voting!!!. The PCA ask for people to vote as often and as many times as possible, using their hash tags. Please un-suspend my account so that I can continue voting."

When you have filled this form in and sent it, a message will appear on the email account attached to your account. If your email is not set up, create it now.
When you get the message, type the same thing as before
"I am voting for the PCA Awards. This is not spamming, it is voting!!!. The PCA ask for people to vote as often and as many times as possible, using their hash tags. Please un-suspend my account so that I can continue voting."
You could also add a little more,
"Please stop suspending the accounts using the hashtags #comedictvactor  and #PeoplesChoice. These are supposed to be used in the way I have been using them, in otherwords, To vote!!!!! Thank you"
Then wait for their response. Keep replying, emphasizing that you are voting as the PCA have stated and to please unsuspend the account so that your votes will still be counted, etc, etc,.
When you have the message 2update of closed request failed…….”  log back into your suspended twitter account and it should now be unsuspended. Your account should be restored and you can continue voting. If it’s still suspended, fill the form in again and repeat the process.

It is important that you do this for all suspended PCA voting accounts, as votes from suspended accounts will not be seen and counted in the hashtags.
The PCA and twitter need to get together to work something out about this, but until then we have to keep persevering.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 11/20/2013, 1:36 pm

I did the form filling and it opened my account, so as first aid it works.

I did however also send them a question about the reasons why some accounts get frozen and some don't. Because I find it quite weird that it happened to me when I was barely making 25 tweets/hour. Granted they all had hashtags comedictvactor and comedictvactress in them, but still. And some were retweets and some my own. Based on the cheating accounts they can go on for hours without being suspended without even changing the content of the tweet.

So I believe the hashtags are the only things that enable/trigger the suspension, which is wrong. It should also monitor what else is included in the tweet.

Anyway, all is good and this makes me click the regular vote sites more!

valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 11/20/2013, 2:00 pm

I think they may suspend the accounts quickly if they think automation is involved, figuring that if you are legitimately tweeting, and the account means something to you, you will take the steps to get it unsuspended. It probably helps weed things out a bit. If you have 20 accounts that get suspended, you may not go through the effort for all of them. Know what I mean?
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 11/20/2013, 8:30 pm

Per the request of a Klainer, Oliver retweeted a vote for Klaine for chemistry. I retweeted it, and then cancelled the retweet when I realized what he was doing (at first I thought it was for Chris).

I tweeted Ollie and told it is nice he is forgiving of the same people who bullied him when he joined Glee, and called him a class act.

I thought about tweeting him and asking him to tweet for Chris, but then changed my mind. I didn't want to open him up to the furor of the Blarren stans. I like him too much.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 11/20/2013, 8:38 pm

O_O
Wow! He's being nice. The crap people ask to be retweeted by actors.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 11/20/2013, 8:45 pm

Jeez, they have some nerves. :angry: 

First their fandom hates an actor for simply playing a (nice!) character on a stupid tv show, then they bully him on his own facebook, and now they ask him to vote for Klaine?! Shocked 

If Adam was to come back on Glee and interfere with Klaine, would these people who asked Oliver to support Klaine still be so nice to him as they are now?
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 11/20/2013, 8:49 pm

However apparently Oliver gets along great with Chris and Darren so I can see why he wouldn't mind retweeting.

Fandoms battles are not automatically that of the actors also.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 11/20/2013, 9:35 pm

I don't think people necessarily care that Oliver retweeted it.  It's more the fact that this person, as a part of the fandom that bullied Oliver back in January, asked Oliver to do it that has people shaking their heads about this.  

I have no problem with him retweeting it.  It's great that he shows support for the actors he works with (especially since he seems to have developed a relationship with Chris, Will, and Ashley off set).  I think it shows how classy he is that he can tweet his support to Klaine when some of the Klainers were downright nasty to him, harrassing and attacking him on facebook and twitter. Oliver did speak up against their abuse (not in a fighting way, but more in a way to defend himself while disapproving of their behavior).

And you know this fandom--if someone had tweeted him asking him to support Chris, and he had retweeted that, the Klainers would have been attacking him within three seconds.  

I will say I checked, and this girl does follow Oliver, and based on the fact that he is listed far down on his list, I'm assuming she's been following him for a while.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 11/20/2013, 9:37 pm

Since I posted this on Tumblr, I figured I'd put it here too:

Here are the number updates for 11/20/13:

750,000 tweets have been made to vote for Klaine

58,000 of those tweets have included a vote for Darren Criss

22,000 of those tweets have included a vote for Chris Colfer

1,900 of those tweets have included a vote for both Chris and Darren

336,000 tweets have been made to vote for Darren Criss. Roughly 17.3% of Darren’s votes came from people who also voted for Klaine.

394,000 tweets have been made to vote for Chris Colfer. Roughly 5.6% of Chris’ votes came from people who also voted for Klaine.

Klainers are three times as likely to support Darren as they are to support Chris.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 11/20/2013, 10:03 pm

^"We love both boys equally." blahh 
smajli 

Jellyrolls wrote:And you know this fandom--if someone had tweeted him asking him to support Chris, and he had retweeted that, the Klainers would have been attacking him within three seconds. 
This.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 11/20/2013, 10:36 pm

Off topic, but I really don't get why you guys are voting for Delena. It's a terrible, toxic relationship just like Klaine is. I'm putting my votes for Caskett.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 11/20/2013, 11:09 pm

Some people are voting for Delena because they think Delena has the best chance to beat Klaine.

And not for anything but the category is for best online chemistry. Whether or not they are toxic, I have to guess that the chemistry is better than the chemistry between Klaine since they probably have more than 12 scenes together in the past year.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 11/20/2013, 11:23 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Per the request of a Klainer, Oliver retweeted a vote for Klaine for chemistry.  I retweeted it, and then cancelled the retweet when I realized what he was doing (at first I thought it was for Chris).

I tweeted Ollie and told it is nice he is forgiving of the same people who bullied him when he joined Glee, and called him a class act.

I thought about tweeting him and asking him to tweet for Chris, but then changed my mind.  I didn't want to open him up to the furor of the Blarren stans.  I like him too much.
Good points. I just hope the Klainer who request vote for Klaine for chemistry is one of the good ones. Not one who bullied Ollie when he joined Glee. If I were Ollie I would read the Klainer's tweeter feed before I retweeted a vote for Klaine. I agree he is nice and forgiving. If he had retweeted a vote for Chris he would most likely would get hate from some Klainers.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 11/20/2013, 11:25 pm

Glorfindel wrote:^"We love both boys equally." blahh 
smajli 

Jellyrolls wrote:And you know this fandom--if someone had tweeted him asking him to support Chris, and he had retweeted that, the Klainers would have been attacking him within three seconds. 
This.
True also if he had  not retweeted  a vote for Klaine   he also most likely  be attack. No matter what the reason he had not retweeted a request a vote for Klaine if he did not.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 11/21/2013, 5:42 am

Jellyrolls wrote:Some people are voting for Delena because they think Delena has the best chance to beat Klaine.  

And not for anything but the category is for best online chemistry.  Whether or not they are toxic, I have to guess that the chemistry is better than the chemistry between Klaine since they probably have more than 12 scenes together in the past year.
They certainly have more than 12 scenes and 80% of them involve sex. I've watched the TVD and I don't see the great chemistry Delena fans claim they have. The main reason this ship became so popular in the first place is because until recently the actors playing Elena and Damon were dating in real life.

I personally don't think the number of scenes equals the chemistry between the actors (characters). If Klaine was a straight couple they'd probably have more screentime together than Finchel had in the first three season of Glee. Chris and Darren had good chemistry in season 2 and 3 IMO, but the S4 storylines and Darren's disinterest and lack of effort in his scenes with Chris ruined the couple for me.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 11/21/2013, 2:08 pm

As it was supposed to be a private comment, but it got published anyway on tumrbl, I will just say it once and honestly: voting for Delena to avoid a win for Klaine because they represent an unhealthy relationship, is in my opinion a bit hypocritical and makes zero sense. I also did it a few times at the beginning, but stopped pretty quickly.

Nonetheless: I am not policing anyone votes and won't ask to change voting patterns, as that would be stupid from my behalf. I get why Delana is the biggest competition and why many vote for them. I get the reasoning, personally don't support it, but won't lose any sleep nor judge anyone for it fanny2 

Just my two cents, as I don't want to leave the impression I am talking about this forum or any posters behind anyones back badly. I really don't. I didn't mention it on purpose as I don't want to leave the impression I am criticizing anyone. However, as many of us follow eachtother on tumbrl, I thought I rather explain it, instead of just ignoring it.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 11/21/2013, 2:17 pm

I think Castle pairing is great , than again I fan girl for Nathan Fillion like nobody's business...wub wub  Firefly , anyone?

Klaine winning, NGL, I don't see how that is bad for Chris Colfer as far as the industry. If he wins BOTH as most popular actor in a comedy and tv chemistry it's win/win as far as Chris is concerned.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 11/21/2013, 5:11 pm

For me, it's more I don't Chris and Darren deserve an award for chemistry for their work on the show since the start of season 4.  I think having an onscreen chemistry award that includes a nomination for a couple that didn't actively interact in more than half the episodes in the past year and shared 12 scenes together during that time frame as a nominee for the award makes the award lose credibility.  For me, it has always been about voting against Klaine because this is one option we as Kurtsies have to say that we don't support the couple, but we are still supporting Chris as an individual--it's a way we can say that we want Kurt to develop and grow as an individual, and not be stuck in Klaine.  

I think a lot of the frustration Kurt fans are feeling really stems from the fact that this is another example of the Klainers and Klainers who are really Blainers just spamming every poll and every contest they can to push "their boys" (or realistically push Darren) forward.  I think a lot of people are just fighting back against the Blarren stans who have bullied and threatened Kurtsies, Chris, anyone they see as a threat to Klaine, RIB, even Chris and Darren's significant others.  People are lashing against the fandom who support Klaine more than anything.

And then add on to that that some Blarren stans are using automated methods to vote not just for Darren in the comedic actor category against Chris, but also voting for Klaine, and it shows again that these fans will do whatever it takes to get what they want no matter who it hurts, and quite honestly, using this automatic voting does hurt Chris if Darren's fans are truly using that to try to get him ahead of Chris.  

And honestly, as a Kurtsie, I do think that Klaine winning is a bad thing because it will just mean that RIB will throw Klaine in our faces more (because Ryan has a hard on for Darren), and I don't think that we are going to see RIB and the writers change anything to make that couple portrayed more evenly.  So we'll spend the next year and a half watching more of Blaine getting everything he wants, treating Kurt badly, and singing a million songs while Kurt just has to forgive and forget, and smiley adoringly while Blaine is in the spotlight.  

Of course that is going to happen whether Klaine wins or loses, but at least now we are able to do something to show that we love Chris, and we love Kurt as individuals who are so much better than Klaine.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23 ... 31  Next