Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4

+28
angelnessa
Piciollina
jaime20
TimF
bayth
MoviesAreLife
Ireth
ladydianab
Jellyrolls
coxfire
arina
ChrisColferFan1
fantastica
brisallie
Delight
AnneNeville
tanita_mors
ColdFlame96
Ranwing
Divalicious
sheny
ColferInspired
Georgette888
Buenos
Kurt Hummel
valkeakuulas
Lottie2303
Glorfindel
32 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4 - Page 30 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4

Post  Sani 11/5/2013, 3:37 pm

You know instead of focusing on voting against Klaine or Blam, maybe we should just be voting for Chris. I mean of course if there are nominations you like better then vote, but I don't get why waste your time for voting out of spite when you could be voting for Chris instead. But that's just me.
Sani
Sani
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4 - Page 30 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4

Post  ChrisColferFan1 11/5/2013, 3:39 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:
ChrisColferFan1 wrote:
Georgette888 wrote:Anyway, no use predicting. Let us just vote! lol
Agree,  when does the voting starts? Is it right now?
Yes, voting is up.
Okay, thank you just found out. I already voted for Chris Several times ,and I am going to keep voting, for Chris .
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  angelnessa 11/5/2013, 3:42 pm

fantastica wrote:this is just the popularity contest. it's not a real award show. it's more like a marketing scheme for the network (is it Fox who controls it? did they have final sayings? i know w/ Kids Choice Awards it's Fox that ultimately controls the results).

also, GA do not usually vote. fans do. that's why they are fans.
I do personally know several people who could be considered members of the GA who vote for things like these. They are the ones who will go through all the categories only once, though, just to vote for fun, then forget about it until the actual show. I believe the GA is still has a huge influence on the vote, by sheer numbers alone, even if they are only voting once.

I don't believe Fox has any control over the voting for the PCA's, and Darren actually winning this over the much more generally well-liked and acclaimed actors in this category would only make the PCA's look bad, and about as relevant as the TCA's, which isn't much. So I really don't believe the PCA's are going to give any extra under-the-table help to Darren and Fox.

It does make me happy to see four out-and-proud men in the running again, though Smile 
angelnessa
angelnessa
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 11/5/2013, 3:44 pm

ChrisColferFan1 wrote:
Georgette888 wrote:Anyway, no use predicting. Let us just vote! lol
Agree,  when does the voting starts? Is it right now?
Yes, around 30 votes are already in for Chris from my side Razz 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 11/5/2013, 3:47 pm

Sani wrote:You know instead of focusing on voting against Klaine or Blam, maybe we should just be voting for Chris. I mean of course if there are nominations you like better then vote, but I don't get why waste your time for voting out of spite when you could be voting for Chris instead. But that's just me.
I am not voting against Blam. Frankly, I do not care. I vote against Klaine, because I dislike them too much to see them win... especially because it involved Chris and I want Kurt so very far away from Blaine.

I just calmed down a bit (having too much free time starts to get annoying. I am happy when my new job starts soon), and at the end of the day: so what? Darren still cannot act and that will never change. Chris can. Even if Darren wins, I don't believe he will ever have a serious acting career. I believe he will get offers and jobs, oh yes, but he will have a rude awakening one day very soon.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 11/5/2013, 4:04 pm

I think that the odds are likely to be pretty high for neither Chris or Darren to win their catagory this year for one simple reason - during the time when the majority of voting will be done, Glee will be on it's extended hiatus while FOX airs "The Rake". That means no big publicity push by the network on Glee's behalf. No little reminder commericals about the PCAs. It will be up to the fanbase to keep the show in mind and to keep voting while the show is off the air.

The on-line fans like us will be sticking around, but the more casual fans? I doubt that Glee will be on their radars until the show airs again in the spring.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 11/5/2013, 4:25 pm

IMPORTANT: VOTES OUTSIDE OF THE STATES DO NOT COUNT!!! So us lovely Chris fans from the other parts of the world (who love to be forgotten when it comes to American award shows...) have to find proxys, otherwise our votes don't count. :angry: 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 11/5/2013, 4:27 pm

Sani wrote:You know instead of focusing on voting against Klaine or Blam, maybe we should just be voting for Chris. I mean of course if there are nominations you like better then vote, but I don't get why waste your time for voting out of spite when you could be voting for Chris instead. But that's just me.
I don't think I'm going to bother voting against Blam--I just don't care enough about them to waste my time, but I do hope another team beats them out.

I do intend to place most of my votes on Chris, but I do plan on voting against Klaine because I think they are the worst couple on TV, and so unevenly written its not even funny.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 11/5/2013, 4:37 pm

I voted against Blam Klaine, but the vast Majority of my votes was and will be for Chris.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 11/5/2013, 4:40 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:IMPORTANT: VOTES OUTSIDE OF THE STATES DO NOT COUNT!!!  So us lovely Chris fans from the other parts of the world (who love to be forgotten when it comes to American award shows...) have to find proxys, otherwise our votes don't count. :angry: 
Really? So I just wasted 5 minutes of my life voting for nothing.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 11/5/2013, 4:44 pm

sheny wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote:IMPORTANT: VOTES OUTSIDE OF THE STATES DO NOT COUNT!!!  So us lovely Chris fans from the other parts of the world (who love to be forgotten when it comes to American award shows...) have to find proxys, otherwise our votes don't count. :angry: 
Really? So I just wasted 5 minutes of my life voting for nothing.
Aaaaand the big confusion of the night starts, apparently the votes count but we cannot enter some competition. I am confused and I have a headache.

Therefore: I WAS WRONG AND US NON-AMERICAN CAN ACTUALLY VOTE. Ugh!
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 11/5/2013, 4:56 pm

Pure popularity contest then. I just think with the screentime Chris had it is quite lovely that he's up there nominated. Out of the five guys he probably has the least amout of stories and facetime in his own actual show.

I don't seem to mind that Klaine is there, what I do hate is if Fox makes (well strongly pushes because it's "free" press) Chris go to the actual award show and stand for a couple he thinks is not ideal or working in its current stage. And I do still find Darren's yet another magical turn about his Klaine support again quite annoying. He only speaks out if it benefits his interests. I state yet again I know almost nothing about him as a person but in the space of a year he has highly spoken for, against and down about Klaine. Make up your mind man!
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 11/5/2013, 5:10 pm

valkeakuulas wrote:Pure popularity contest then. I just think with the screentime Chris had it is quite lovely that he's up there nominated. Out of the five guys he probably has the least amout of stories and facetime in his own actual show.

I don't seem to mind that Klaine is there, what I do hate is if Fox makes (well strongly pushes because it's "free" press) Chris go to the actual award show and stand for a couple he thinks is not ideal or working in its current stage. And I do still find Darren's yet another magical turn about his Klaine support again quite annoying. He only speaks out if it benefits his interests. I state yet again I know almost nothing about him as a person but in the space of a year he has highly spoken for, against and down about Klaine. Make up your mind man!
Good points.  Could Darren be supporting Klaine again at least in part because of the People Choice Awards and he wants to get as many awards as he can?

Last edited by ChrisColferFan1 on 11/5/2013, 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 11/5/2013, 5:31 pm

DC will say whatever the fans want. he's a "people pleaser" indeed.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 11/5/2013, 5:46 pm

ChrisColferFan1 wrote:
Good points.  Could Darren be supporting Klaine again at least in part because of the People Choice Awards and he wants to get as many awards as he can?
Darren knows full well that being associated with Chris and Klaine are good things for him. He has been riding on Chris' coattails for three years now, and he will continue to do so as long as they are both associated with Glee.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 11/5/2013, 6:05 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:
ChrisColferFan1 wrote:
Darren knows full well that being associated with Chris and Klaine are good things for him.  He has been riding on Chris' coattails for three years now, and he will continue to do so as long as they are both associated with Glee.

Good points. I really am hoping and praying that Kaine does not win.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 11/5/2013, 6:14 pm

Wow, these nonimations are about as bad as they come (except for Chris of course).

arina wrote:I personally love Castle & Beckett.
Me too. I probably would have voted for them even if I wasn't voting against Klaine, although I wouldn't have voted as many times that I now intend to do. suspectt

But most of my votes go to Chris. wub
Let's do this!!!

And I agree that even if he loses, the fact that he's nominated when he got 0,5% screentime is already saying a lot.

Jellyrolls wrote:
Buenos wrote:

Our Moderators Jelly Roll and Marie don't stop discussion by nonsensical " baby talk" , ( seriously get them pacifiers and diapers put pseudo moderators in quiet time)

Psst.  Just wanted to point out that Marie is not a moderator.  Ivana (Tanita_Mors) and Delight are my co-moderators here Smile
I came here to correct that too. Though I didn't mind getting the compliment alongside you anyway, lol. fanny2
But seriously: our moderators rock!!! 716 punkk

And jeez, I hate it when people use baby-talk or scramble and  f*ck up letters to express their fangirling (or better: climaxing), it's so immature. I mean: it can be fun once or twice, but it gets old and stale fast. General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4 - Page 30 Baby2-smiley 

I'm glad my European votes count, 'cause I'm voting my fingers off. I have a seperate tab open (split screen), and can actually coordinate my mouse to the right buttons without hardly looking at all, so I can read and surf the internet simultaneously. I'm fabulous. danse3
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 11/5/2013, 6:29 pm

I'd say in the Bromance category, let's throw our support in to Sam, Dean and Castiel from Supernatural. We've got a few SPN fans here and these are three really great actors and nice guys who have killer chemistry all the way around. And the SPN fandom will certainly be mobilizing so it might save us from the never-ending pool of suck that is Blam.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 11/5/2013, 6:34 pm

^TBH: I don't give a hoot about Blam, they're awful, but I won't be voting against them either in their category (although I love Supernatural and their bromance). If Blam wins then so be it: maybe it will keep Blaine (and his fans!) away from Kurt. dryy 

Plus I think that Blarren stans have the disadvantage for having to divide their votes between 3 different categories: Blam, Klaine and Darren (4 if they also vote for Chris).
So I'm not going to divide my votes too much, as I now already have to decide if I vote in 2 categories (for Chris, against Klaine) or only stick to 1. Voting in 3 categories would water down my votes too much.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 11/5/2013, 6:38 pm

These are some of the justifications excuses that I've seen in just the past hour to explain why Klaine (i.e. Blarren) stans will be voting for Darren and not Chris. Sarcasm is completely mine.

1) Chris has already won a PCA so now it's Darren's turn. (Apparently we're back in kindergarten where everyone gets a turn.)

2) Darren is the only straight guy in his category. (Because straight men are so underrepresented.)

3) Because Darren/Blaine winning would be great for LGBT rights. (Because a straight man winning over out gay actors would be so beneficial for the cause).

Yes... the mind boggles... areu
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 11/5/2013, 6:49 pm

^WHAT ???!!??? blinkk 

How would Darren winning be good for LGBTQ rights, when there are 4 gay actors against him in his category?

I think that counts as a new low for those 'allies'. Jeez! Suspect
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 11/5/2013, 6:54 pm

Glorfindel wrote:^WHAT ???!!??? blinkk 

How would Darren winning be good for LGBTQ rights, when there are 4 gay actors against him in his category?
I don't think that Blarren fans can ever be accused of exercising good logic!
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 11/5/2013, 7:43 pm

Ranwing wrote: These are some of the justifications excuses that I've seen in just the past hour to explain why Klaine (i.e. Blarren) stans will be voting for Darren and not Chris. Sarcasm is completely mine.

1) Chris has already won a PCA so now it's Darren's turn. (Apparently we're back in kindergarten where everyone gets a turn.)

2) Darren is the only straight guy in his category. (Because straight men are so underrepresented.)

3) Because Darren/Blaine winning would be great for LGBT rights. (Because a straight man winning over out gay actors would be so beneficial for the cause).

Yes... the mind boggles... areu
Are the CC idiots using these excuses? Because in their minds CC is on, which means Blarren is gay or bi, which would put him on equal footing with the others, wouldn't it? Wink
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 11/5/2013, 7:49 pm

Ranwing wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:^WHAT ???!!??? blinkk 

I don't think that Blarren fans can ever be accused of exercising good logic!
Lots of times I've thought they're lack of logic. I think they're only moved by their 'passionate' feelings toward him.

I totally support you if you vote for Dean/Sam/Castiel as Best Bromance Smile as a SPN fan I want them to win and seeing Blam to be defeated.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 11/5/2013, 8:36 pm

Have we discussed this? E! Online did one of those Best TV Couples of all time (just like Entertainment Weekly did back in April).  

It's time to vote in the name of true love. Well, fictional true love, anyway!

You nominated. We counted. And now it's time to officially launch our Best TV Couple of All Time Tournament!

We're pitting 64 of the small screen's classic and current romantic pairings against each other to find out which couple is truly TV's greatest love story. Trust us when we say all 32 of these matchups will be fierce, as we've got duos from beloved series such as Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Grey's Anatomy, The Vampire Diaries, Lost and many more duking it out.

NEWS: Find out who won 2013's Top TV Couple tournament!

Since this is a tournament of love, let's keep it civil between fandoms, shall we? No name-calling, no wedgie-pulling, etc. Play nice!

The polls on this round officially close at 9 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 24, with round two launching Friday at noon. So you know what that means, right? It's time to vote your little TV-loving hearts out, people!

(edited out all results except for the one Klaine was in because the formatting was a mess)

Game 2.2
Kurt and Blaine, Glee

48.40%

Nathan and Haley, One Tree Hill

51.60%

Link to the E online article:
http://www.eonline.com/news/473382/best-tv-couple-of-all-time-tournament-vote-in-round-1

Link to the Entertainment weekly article:
http://popwatch.ew.com/2013/04/12/greatest-couple-winners-glee-kurt-blaine/

In the EW one, Klaine won.  In this one, Klaine was knocked out in round one.  

Do you think this is because Klaine and Glee's popularity fell that much since April?  Or do you think that stans just didn't find this poll?
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next