Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4

+28
angelnessa
Piciollina
jaime20
TimF
bayth
MoviesAreLife
Ireth
ladydianab
Jellyrolls
coxfire
arina
ChrisColferFan1
fantastica
brisallie
Delight
AnneNeville
tanita_mors
ColdFlame96
Ranwing
Divalicious
sheny
ColferInspired
Georgette888
Buenos
Kurt Hummel
valkeakuulas
Lottie2303
Glorfindel
32 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4 - Page 35 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4

Post  Lottie2303 11/14/2013, 1:57 pm

Spoiler:

Last edited by Jellyrolls on 11/14/2013, 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding spoiler tag)
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4 - Page 35 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4

Post  Buenos 11/14/2013, 2:01 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:I like Kitty and Artie. The only part of MK in general I still have some interest in (in the two being separate but also coupled up characters.)
I would love both of them in NY TBH. Artie is hopefully going over to make videos and projects at NYU or Columbia, and Kitty visiting would be so much fun. Kartie is sweet.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 11/14/2013, 2:13 pm

^ Yup, Artie should be in NYC for sure, and I really wouldn't mind Kitty either. Everyone else, as harsh as it sounds, I can happily dismiss due to personal preferences.

I wonder if Becca and Chris both take part in this tribute planned for Jane Lynch? It is actually surprising that from all the Glee actors Becca gets next to Chris the main focus. Makes me happy, but also a bit curious.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 11/14/2013, 11:27 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:Totally unrelated to all the other discussions: the more I see and hear of Becca Tobin, the more I genuinely like her. She truly is the standout actress from S4, but also would have actually fit with the original cast.
Totally agree. She's the only I'll rescue from the newbies, and actually I won't mind if she moves out to NY
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 11/15/2013, 1:46 pm

9pm
Fox – Glee
Viewers: 4.66 million (#3), A18-49: 1.6/ 4 (#3)

9:30pm
Fox – Glee
Viewers: 4.33 million (#3), A18-49: 1.4/ 4 (#3)

FOX Glee 1.5 4.5
The numbers are actually worse than last week relative to the fact the second half hour Demos dipped to 1.4, the lowest ever for Glee.

Glee loses audience every second half so who knows what the bottom is yet for the show.

I'm sure the asslickers are gnashing their teeth XFactor went up so that Glee can't blame their Demos on being dragged down by them .

Karma is a bitch when last week Pseudolesbian and that creepy Chord Stan were all LOL the X factors demos. Hypocritical douche bags.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 11/15/2013, 1:59 pm

I'd like to think the increased viewership had to do with a topless Kurt.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 11/15/2013, 4:59 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:I'd like to think the increased viewership had to do with a topless Kurt.
At least the numbers didn't drop as much as last week on the half way mark. Interesting NY storyline + Kurt and Rachel doing something new? Smile Kurt giving us something new. Wink
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 11/15/2013, 5:03 pm

Wasn't this also the very episode with a clear and fair 50/50 McK/NYC cut? I guess that could also be a high possibility why less people switched off. It was most certainly not the twerking.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 11/15/2013, 5:08 pm

But there was only one song on the NY side, and four on McKinley, so I don't know how 50/50 that is.

One thing I will say is that no matter how ridiculous the McKinley storyline was, it was ultimately the best actors there (Matt and Jane) who carried the weight McKinley line. Alex had a big part, but most of his screentime was in the song, and a line or two opposite others. If you take away the songs, most of the McKinley kids only got a few lines last night in a group scene. Even the Jarley stuff got very few lines.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 11/15/2013, 6:31 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:Wasn't this also the very episode with a clear and fair 50/50 McK/NYC cut? I guess that could also be a high possibility why less people switched off. It was most certainly not the twerking.
The edit of the NY scenes was about 11 minutes. Hardly half the episode. Again NY gets shortchanged, and worse, shortchanged for twerking. I wouldn't mind it if they were doing more storylines like Unique's, which while they are recycles of Kurt's storyline at least have some emotional depth to them. But multiple scence of (at best) marginally talented actors popping booties when we could have seen more of Kurt and Rachel irritates me.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 11/15/2013, 6:34 pm

^ Okay, I only watched the Kurt edit and have no idea about the total NYC length. I just read the comment somewhere. So basically there was an NYC SL with main focus for Kurt and Rachel was nicely incorporated? I am sincerely shocked ohmy 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 11/15/2013, 6:36 pm

NY got 13 minutes, whereas Lima got 28/29.

A slight improvement and I liked that Kurt actually had more than one scene of dialogue. I do like the arc of the struggle Kurt's character is going personally and professionally , he's at a crosswords which is typical of someone his age and I like how it's different from Rachel's.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 11/15/2013, 6:40 pm

Buenos wrote:A slight improvement and I liked that Kurt actually had more than one scene of dialogue.  I do like the arc of the struggle Kurt's character is going personally and professionally , he's at a crosswords which is typical of someone his age and I like how it's different from Rachel's.
Yup, the NYC side was actually really well done and I truly enjoyed every single second. Also Rachel and Kurt had different SL's and paths. Furthermore, I loved they remember Finn and BOTH have to struggle with the loss. Considering Chris and Lea are their strongest actors, their parts this episode really were outstanding. I have some hope for Glee once again. I cannot believe I am actually typing that.

I also get the feeling they actually have an idea what is happening with Rachel and Kurt... lets see where it ends.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 11/15/2013, 7:01 pm

I really appreciated that both Rachel's and Kurt's feelings about Finn were acknowledged and respected without it being a case of one of them having more of a right to their grief than the other. They both loved Finn. They both had troubled relationships with him. Rachel would always be the girl that Finn loved, and Kurt will be the friend who became his brother. I'm glad that the show didn't try to make this a competition of grief.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 11/15/2013, 7:29 pm

Numbers were adjusted;

It's official Glee for Ep. 5.05 had its worst ratings EVER.

Final numbers for Ep  5.05;

FOX Glee 1.4/4 4.22
And we still have the bland Blamfest next week and the Thanksgiving night in two weeks so obviously the bottom has not been scraped yet.Shocked 

Only "Dads" and the "XFactor" had lower ratings for FOX this week.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 11/15/2013, 7:41 pm

The songs aren't doing that well either:

Top 1500

108. On Our Way
113. Wrecking Ball
135. If I Were A Boy
180. Blurred Lines
225. Marry The Night
300. You Are Woman, I Am Man
347. Wide Awake
359. Roar
688. Make You Feel My Love
1031. Seasons Of Love
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 11/15/2013, 9:12 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:I'd like to think the increased viewership had to do with a topless Kurt.
Maybe Smile And after they got what they want, they left. Besides, hours later you can find NY edits on internet, so why wasting your time watching Glee?

Being honest, after seeing the low numbers they got again, I'm unsure if I feel sad or not. Apparently there's still a gleek inside of me. But, I don't agree NY is slowly getting more screentime, if I recall last season the average they had was about 11/13 minutes, so from my POV, there's not improvement.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 11/15/2013, 10:10 pm

brisallie wrote:
Maybe :)And after they got what they want, they left. Besides, hours later you can find NY edits on internet, so why wasting your time watching Glee?

Being honest, after seeing the low numbers they got again, I'm unsure if I feel sad or not. Apparently there's still a gleek inside of me. But, I don't agree NY is slowly getting more screentime, if I recall last season the average they had was about 11/13 minutes, so from my POV, there's not improvement.
The thing is fans and people in general are tired of McKinley, New York with Kurt, Rachel and Santana is what everyone wants.

Nearly everyone was put off by the twerking storyline so that is one reason and another not enough New York.

Of course fans are watching the Kurt edits, New York edits these are all people talk about and rave about. Why watch a episode were you only get 10 or 13 minutes worth watching?

Nearly everyone knows about these edits.

I have download of this episode, but can't watch it yet as I am not at home.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 11/15/2013, 10:55 pm

Only "Dads" and the "XFactor" had lower ratings for FOX this week.
X Factor is an American Idol/The Voice type show. Why is it pulling such abysmal numbers.

Man, we just stared with X Factor here and I'm pretty sure more people are watching it in Serbia then in USA at this point.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 11/16/2013, 12:16 am

my husband is offically not watching glee anymore. he was the one who pulled me in and finally he got sick of it. he says he would watch it again if it's NY only and not including gelmet.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 11/16/2013, 3:04 pm

^Good for your husband.

My oldest daugter gave up after the first 2 episodes of season 4: she couldn't stand the noobs, and had already grown very annoyed by Blaine by then.

And here we are, still stuck to watching Glee because of Chris Shirtless Colfer. Razz
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 11/16/2013, 8:21 pm

@Kim and Marie, after reading your husband and daughter respectively, have stop watching Glee, I wonder why is so hard for you, and us to quit this show? Is because of Chris, right?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 11/16/2013, 9:00 pm

^Yup: Chris, and only Chris. fanny2
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 11/16/2013, 9:04 pm

I now only watch Kurt scenes.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 11/16/2013, 9:17 pm

brisallie wrote: @Kim and Marie, after reading your husband and daughter respectively, have stop watching Glee, I wonder why is so hard for you, and us to quit this show? Is because of Chris, right?
yeah. chris is the culprit. Razz i need to sue him for emotional distressed brought on by my own chris colfer addiction - after all, he made me addicted to him. now i am suffering. Razz 
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next