Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4

+28
angelnessa
Piciollina
jaime20
TimF
bayth
MoviesAreLife
Ireth
ladydianab
Jellyrolls
coxfire
arina
ChrisColferFan1
fantastica
brisallie
Delight
AnneNeville
tanita_mors
ColdFlame96
Ranwing
Divalicious
sheny
ColferInspired
Georgette888
Buenos
Kurt Hummel
valkeakuulas
Lottie2303
Glorfindel
32 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4 - Page 22 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4

Post  Buenos 10/21/2013, 8:23 pm

Lea looks hot in glasses...

Totally agree that at this point they might as well not reboot with the ratings imploding; it would be just  an excuse  for the apologists and ass lickers  to conveniently scapegoat NY characters for the falling ratings.   The ratings haven't found their valley yet obviously so we'll have to see how low they can go.    Literally giving the audience  for 1 1/2  years McKinley narrative has ensured those who wanted NY characters are gone.

If, as I suspect, Episode 6 is reduced to Rachel/Kurt/Santana even in NY used to prop Blam! they might as well just leave the status quo as it is.  

On a positive note, those promo shot of Chris as Kurt!  he looks so hot!!  wub wub 

Naya doesn't look too shabby either.Razz
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4 - Page 22 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4

Post  fantastica 10/21/2013, 9:37 pm

they don't get it. they think that if they can shuffle these ohio characters to NY then they would be equally welcome. no. we don't want these characters. the reason we want NY is not because of the location alone, but we only want the current NYers. we don't want blam. don't mind artie but definitely not blam. they will ruin NY for us. well, ok, it's ruined anyway. nothing is going to save this train wreck. adios glee.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 10/22/2013, 12:58 am

Georgette888 wrote:Just saw this image in a Lea gifset:

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 4 - Page 22 Tumblr_mv10prPR0k1rqrbllo3_250

and I think I got a little bit less straight. Lord, Rachel needs to get glasses. lol

This remind me when Rachel described her style as "sexy librarian". Sorry Rachel, but this is how a sexy librarian looks. Yep, also I wonder what's going on with me haha well I think a girl also can say when another girl looks good.

By other side, is so sad that Jayma is leaving because they need to bring new characters. Excuse me? I think RIB should focus on the ones they have now, instead of bringing more people. Isn't this cast big enough?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/22/2013, 9:43 am

I guess Blake has written a screenplay, and him, Melissa, and Alex are going to be the stars. They are trying to raise over $400,000 to make the film:

'Glee' stars coming to Modesto for 'One Night Only' show

MODESTO — Cast regulars of the hit series “Glee” are coming to Modesto for “One Night Only.”

The special event Feb.22 at the Gallo Center for the Arts will feature music and a chance for fans to meet actor-singers from the popular Fox TV musical show. Appearing will be Blake Jenner (who plays Ryder), Melissa Benoist (Marley) and Alex Newell (Unique). Also taking part will be Modesto native and Hollywood casting director Robert Ulrich, fellow Modesto native and “The Glee Project” runner-up Lindsay Pearce and past local Valley’s Got Talent winners.

The show will help raise funds for an independent film project that Jenner, Benoist and Ulrich are working on together.

“This is truly a collaboration with Robert and all of us,” said Jenner, who spoke with The Modesto Bee recently in between shooting “Glee” episodes. “We were all trying to come up with an idea to help our film project. And we just wanted to have fun. So what better way to have fun than having a concert? We just want to have a good time; no matter the turnout, we’re excited. We’re just excited about jamming out at the Gallo Center.”

The concert is not connected with “Glee” but will feature several of its stars singing and performing in a variety show. Fans will have a chance to take part in red-carpet photos and a meet-and-greet with cast members with VIP ticket purchases. Jenner, Benoist and Newell all joined “Glee,” a musical comedy about members of a high school glee club, in its fourth season and continue to be series regulars in its current fifth season. It was announced last week that the show’s sixth season, airing next year, will be its last.

Before he joined the cast, Jenner was also a screenwriter. He wrote and will star in his first film, called “Billy Boy,” along with TV castmate and fiancée Benoist. The two met on the show and were engaged this summer. Jenner met Ulrich when he auditioned unsuccessfully for the role of Blaine on “Glee,” and they later became friends when he was a contestant on and ultimately won the second season of “The Glee Project.”

“(Ulrich) has been really great to all of us involved in ‘The Glee Project.’ We were a family by the end of it all. He was there for all of us. Then the scripts I had, I would show him. He was in love with them and wanted to help and be involved,” Jenner said.

Ulrich, his son, Cooper Ulrich, and Jenner’s brother, Michael Jenner, will serve as producers on “Billy Boy.” Robert Ulrich, a Modesto Junior College alum with a master’s degree from California State University, Stanislaus, has returned frequently to Modesto over the years for special events and to judge the annual Valley’s Got Talent competition at the Gallo Center. His wife, actress Kim Johnston Ulrich, is from Ripon.

“‘Billy Boy’ is a real family affair, which is what I love about it all,” Robert Ulrich said. “When figuring out various ways to raise funds for the film, something featuring singing seemed perfect, based on my background. And what better place than the beautiful Gallo Center for the Arts in Modesto, the town that I have always loved. To see my incredibly talented friends from L.A. perform, along with the Valley’s Got Talent winners, is super-exciting.”

Ulrich first became involved with the project when he read another of Jenner’s scripts, “Gap Year.” The film was slated to be directed by Ulrich’s son, Cooper. But it was put on the back burner when the “Billy Boy” screenplay was finished earlier this year. The film is a drama about a troubled young man named Billy (played by Jenner) who meets and falls in love with a waitress (played by Benoist) and then attempts to better himself and redeem his life.

“Blake is a versatile actor – a genius comedian and an exceptional dramatic actor, and he is also a brilliant writer,” Ulrich said. “My passion has always been movies, even though I’m a TV casting director. So this is a dream come true for me, being involved in this.”

Through the concert, Ulrich and the cast hope to raise some of the approximately $420,000 needed to produce “Billy Boy.” The project also has private investors and will soon launch a Kickstarter campaign to raise funds online. The Kickstarter effort will begin Oct.29 and will feature a variety of rewards for people who donate, including exclusive artwork by London-based storyboard artist Matthew Meadows, who worked on “Kick Ass,” among other movies.

If the project meets its funding goal, Jenner said it will begin filming right after production on “Glee” ends in May. The shoot is expected to last 24 days.

For the “One Night Only” concert, the performers will each pick their own material. Jenner said he plans to sing works by some of his favorite singer-songwriters, including Gavin DeGraw and Edwin McCain.

“I hope to see a lot of people at the concert. I think they’ll have a great time and load of laughs,” Jenner said. “We’ll all have a blast.”
Read more here: http://www.modbee.com/2013/10/20/2985037/glee-stars-come-to-modesto-for.html#storylink=cpy
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 10/22/2013, 9:51 am

The film is a drama about a troubled young man named Billy (played by Jenner) who meets and falls in love with a waitress (played by Benoist) and then attempts to better himself and redeem his life.
Mmh... Not the best description of a movie to get me, as audience, excited. But maybe the script is actually full of surprises? I mean, I do not know Jenner's writing talent.

But best of luck for all of them, and kudos for being so engaged and dedicated to get the project off the grounds. I just really hope they do not overestimate their popularity on Glee and I really mean this in the nicest way. As an observation, I do not believe the Glee fanbase will be very active to make this happen. But hopefully I am wrong neutre
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 10/22/2013, 10:33 am

I wish them luck but $400,000 is a lot of money and I don't think they are that popular.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 10/22/2013, 10:37 am

Sounds like a labor 0f love and I wish them all the best. MOdesto is your typical San Joaquin valley city, and yes, the Gallo center I suspect is named after the Gallo brothers ( of wine fame) who hailed from there.

I love when artists try to raise money that way. I'm sure they will do fine in their Modesto concert. Modesto isn't a big urban center so they don't have any illusions about making big bucks with this fund raiser.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/22/2013, 10:38 am

I have absolutely zero interest in seeing them in any other projects, but I wish them well.

Does anyone remember how Chris managed to get backing for his film? I wonder if they can pursue the same avenue. Because trying to raise funds like this is going to be a hard slog.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 10/22/2013, 10:44 am

I wonder if they actually do themselves a favor by basically casting so many 'Newbie-Glee-cast members' and therefore clearly linking it to the show, even though it should be all about proving they can do more then just be those characters. The project will always be associated with Glee and its success will be measured based on their roles on Glee. That is an unfair thinking, as an independent movie should never be measured based on other successful television gig. I hope they get their money, but I really am a bit dubious if it is a good idea in how they try to promote it.... I am also feeling for Jenner, as this movie will be linked and compare to SBL and I just don't believe this project will come even close to SBL indie financial success.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/22/2013, 10:59 am

I don't disagree with you, Lottie. I'll never poo poo any of the outside projects that the Glee actors try to get off the ground (as there are a lot of people who dismiss everything that Chris has accomplished, insisting that he's successful only because of Glee), but I think that it's important that anything that they do outside of Glee has a clear wall of seperation to show that it's independant from the show. By having Blake and Melissa starring, the fact that Ulrich has such close ties to the show and basically using their role in Glee in an effort to get funds will end up tying the project to Glee (whether they mean to or not). I know that it's hard to find independant backers when you are basically a young actor and has no real experience writing or producing films but I just am not sure this will work in the long run.

Still, I wish them well.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 10/22/2013, 11:06 am

^ Exactly and agreed. I really do not believe the entire movie project is a good idea with all the Glee actors involved. No matter how hard it is to find finical back-up, as they all need to distinguish themselves from Glee. Also Melissa is Blake's fiancee so any on-screen chemistry could be dismissed as them just being themselves. I also wish them all the best in the world, but I really doubt this entire project is clearly thought out. I have no problem to be proven wrong.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/22/2013, 11:24 am

I looked at the website for the Gallo center, and the tickets run between $20 and $100 dollars, so it's not a super huge amount of money. If you are a fan of these actors, you could get a great seat for $100 right now. Tickets just went on sale recently, I think, and they have plenty of times to sell seats, but as of right now, there are probably only $100 sold. They are really going to have to focus on getting the word out their to the fans to sell the seats. Even Kevin tweeted about it last night.

It does seem like $420,000 is a lot to raise for this for a group of relative unknowns. It will be interesting to see what their Kickstarter campaign looks like. That seems like it's going to be a huge undertaking, and they are going to need at least one big donor to come near that amount.

I hate to do the Chris comparison on this, but since someone asked, I think Chris was able to get some big financing, but it probably only came after his first Emmy nod, and all his season one critical acclaim. I think that he said it was $1 million to make SBL.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 10/22/2013, 11:31 am

I know wrong thread and all, but because it came up, how was the overall financial success from SBL? Are there are final numbers including the VOD sales?
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/22/2013, 11:33 am

I asked, not to make a comparrison about how he did it vs how they're doing it, but to see if it might be a viable option for them. It doesn't look like it will be given that they don't have nearly the profile that Chris did at the time. But it does highlight just how hard it is for relative unknowns or those who have no other profile except performing on a show to get outside projects up and running.

I give Blake and Melissa credit for trying to get this project moving and while I'm not optimistic that they will be able to raise the full production costs via fundraisers, perhaps if they get a good percentage of the money raised themselves (say 50%) it might help show a studio that there is enough interest in this project to get some investment. Whatever they get from this benefit, you have to figure that about half is going to go to cover expenses (promotion, renting of the performance space, meals for the talent, etc) so they really need to sell out in order to make this worth everyone's effort.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 10/22/2013, 12:10 pm

I think since at this point Glee has a limited shelf life it doesn't really matter if the newer Glee actors get together to do an outside project.

The fact that they are not  that well known despite Glee nor do they have strong or iconic roles on the show works in their favor as far as working together in outside projects.  

Melissa and Blake are IMO talented  and good actors,( She was impressive in "Homeland")  but on Glee they don't quite work because they lack the  personalities to make their characters  stand out.  They don't have burning charisma like even less talented actors have.  For example they are better actors by far than Amber Riley, but they lack her ability to sell a song on Glee or even her screen prescence.  

So mixing Glee with outside projects paradoxically doesn't hurt them at all because they are not really strongly associated with Glee characters.  They certainly don't have the danger of being typecast or pigeonholed.  Someone like Lea and Chris or even Chris and Darren working in a project together while still on Glee would probably raise eyebrows because of the  dangers of no separation. Brutally speaking,   Nobody would really notice or care that "Ryder & Marley " are in a film together.

So more power  to them using their Glee connections to try to get funding for  Jenner's movie.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/22/2013, 12:18 pm

To be fair: Chris used his fame from Glee too to get his projects running, and there's nothing wrong with that.
But Chris really distanced himself from the Glee cast and crew when he made SBL, even so much so that some cast members were miffed that they were not allowed on set and in the big extras scene. And personally I think he was right to do so.

He also didn't try to fund his projects by trying to get the money from his Glee fans, although he did use his Glee fanbase to promote his projects of course, but only via his own twitter followers and such, not by organizing a concert with heavy emphasis that it's some of "the Glee cast" singing.

Although there's nothing really wrong with it, this movie of Blake will therefore be heavily connected to Glee.

All I can say about this Blake/Melissa/Alex project is "Good luck with that" and actually mean it without trying to sound too sarcastic, lol. fanny2
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 10/22/2013, 12:57 pm

Glorfindel wrote:To be fair: Chris used his fame from Glee too to get his projects running, and there's nothing wrong with that.
But Chris really distanced himself from the Glee cast and crew when he made SBL, even so much so that some cast members were miffed that they were not allowed on set and in the big extras scene. And personally I think he was right to do so.

He also didn't try to fund his projects by trying to get the money from his Glee fans, although he did use his Glee fanbase to promote his projects of course, but only via his own twitter followers and such, not by organizing a concert with heavy emphasis that it's some of "the Glee cast" singing.

Although there's nothing really wrong with it, this movie of Blake will therefore be heavily connected to Glee.

All I can say about this Blake/Melissa/Alex project is "Good luck with that" and actually mean it without trying to sound too sarcastic, lol. fanny2
What, really??!
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 10/22/2013, 1:27 pm

The polls for "People's Choice Awards 2014" are open let's vote so Chris can get nominated again.

FAVORITE COMEDIC TV ACTOR[/color]

Jane and Lea are listed for favourite comedic actress.

There is Favorite On-Screen Chemistry category and Kurt and Blaine are in it.

There is also category called  Favorite TV Bromance. Guess which pointless and offensive excuse of a friendship is among the candidates. I can't load the website and see for sure but I bet Hummelberry an established fan favourite friendship or Kurheltana are not included.

ETA: I checked it's only for bros no females allowed. There is another category only for girls but Kurt can't be part of that one too. Pezberry is dryy 

Last edited by sheny on 10/22/2013, 1:44 pm; edited 2 times in total

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/22/2013, 1:38 pm

I can understand why Blake and Melissa are trying to use their connections with Glee. Right now it's what they have to work with. Neither of them are well known enough or have gotten any major awards or nominations to get attention from investors to financially back their project. I don't recall Blake having written anything before of note (whereas Chris was already getting a reputation). I'll agree that Chris had a lot more going for him when he was getting backing for SBL than Blake and Melissa do and this might be their own real option (at least in the short term) in getting this project off the ground. Tying the project to Glee just might be the price they have to pay.

Will have to say that the concept is pretty boring. Unless there's a real twist to the storyline, it's a basic romantic dramedy with the usual tropes (the bad boy to be redeamed and the waitress with a heart of gold that saves him). Not particularly original.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 10/22/2013, 1:58 pm

Someone once said there are 8 ? basic stories in comedy and drama and everything is variations of that.   Goes all the way back to the Greek models.   On second thought 8 might be too much...LOL.

I agree it's the twists you give to the basic premise that makes things interesting.  I don't know how Blake's screenplay pans out, but I will say most writers have a labor of love project they would love to see the light of day so I could see why Blake would use whatever means to get this produced.

NGL, if Chris used his Glee fans or connections to get a project going even now, I certainly wouldn't object or think it was wrong.  You do what you have to do to get your stuff going.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 10/22/2013, 2:15 pm

Kurt and Blaine have like the least chemistry I have ever seen between a couple on any show, if they win it's going to be a big joke.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 10/22/2013, 2:38 pm

I was thinking that if Pezberry and Blam win Ryan may think they are the most popular and focus all of the NYC storylines on them pushing Kurt, Artie and the Kurcheltana friendship to the background.
I know I'm being paranoid I should stop worrying about fictional characters so much but Chord won a TCA this summer and Sam got a solo, three duets and a new LI in the first two episodes of the season. Judging by the spoilers there is more to come for him.
On the other hand Chris wins a Golden Globe, PCA, multiple Emmy and SAG Award nominations for his acting on Glee but RIB keeps reducing his screentime.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 10/22/2013, 2:52 pm

But isn't the People Choice Awards more respected and also well-known? I doubt anyone can win just because a segment of a fandom wants Blam/Darren/or maybe even Chris to win. Chris however won last year, so his chances are automatically a bit better. I am curious for the final results. Weren't Blarren fans angry that Darren didn't even get nominated? Overall, does this award have the reputations for being rigged? We all know that Chord didn't win a Teen Choice Award because he got the most votes.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/22/2013, 2:53 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:To be fair: Chris used his fame from Glee too to get his projects running, and there's nothing wrong with that.

What, really??!
Well, some of them were sort of jokingly complaining about it, as I recall, so it's not as if they were angry at him.

sheny wrote:I was thinking that if Pezberry and Blam win Ryan may think they are the most popular and focus all of the NYC storylines on them pushing Kurt, Artie and the Kurcheltana friendship to the background.
I know I'm being paranoid but Chord won a TCA this summer and Sam got a solo, three duets and a new LI in the first two episodes of the season. Judging by the spoilers there is more to come for him.
On the other hand Chris wins a Golden Globe, PCA, multiple Emmy and SAG Award nominations for his acting on Glee but RIB keeps reducing his screentime.
You have to keep in mind that the end results of the Teen Choice Awards are not fan voted awards, but rigged by the network, in this case Fox itself. (If I remember correctly the fans vote for the nominations, and then the TCA choses the winners themselves, regardless of which actor/actress gets the most votes.)

So Chord winning a TCA is only in relation to him getting more screentime and songs because Fox wanted him to be popular and more to the foreground.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/22/2013, 2:55 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:But isn't the People Choice Awards more respected and also well-known? I doubt anyone can win just because a segment of a fandom wants Blam/Darren/or maybe even Chris to win. Chris however won last year, so his chances are automatically a bit better. I am curious for the final results. Weren't Blarren fans angry that Darren didn't even get nominated? Overall, does this award have the reputations for being rigged? We all know that Chord didn't win a Teen Choice Award because he got the most votes.
As far as I know the People Choice Awards are not (as?) rigged like the Teen Choice Awards, but I don't really know.
I do know the PCA's are way more respected than the TCA's in the industry.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next