Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8

+32
CloveGlee
Molly2
Georgette888
Stephanieeee
kac
TimF
Divalicious
opals
bayth
glimmerle
tanita_mors
arina
MissSoniaPP
coxfire
Delight
ChrisColferFan1
Vir Cotto
angelnessa
Glorfindel
valkeakuulas
sheny
sjonnepon
ColferInspired
AnneNeville
Jellyrolls
fantastica
brisallie
ColdFlame96
Ranwing
Buenos
Lottie2303
MoviesAreLife
36 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8 - Page 22 Empty Comments

Post  fountain 6/30/2013, 8:08 pm

fountain
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8 - Page 22 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8

Post  glimmerle 6/30/2013, 8:17 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Just out of curiosity, is his father bald?
Yes, he is. Here you can see Darren with his parents:

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8 - Page 22 Tumblr_lt37gv7zpk1qgu1tvo2_500
glimmerle
glimmerle
Llama
Llama

http://glimmerle.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8 - Page 22 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 8

Post  Georgette888 6/30/2013, 8:31 pm

tanita_mors wrote:honestly, this is the 21st century. he should just have a hair transplant (and i hope he does because it's nothing to be ashamed off, especially in the silicone valley), unless he plans to shave his head, because i find it unacceptable for a young man of his status and spotlight to look like that. i have friends at collage who are already half bald, but they aren't professional actors.

Hmm. I'm uncomfortable with that assertion, tbh, because substitute man / woman who is overweight or someone with a big nose or someone... You get the point. Would it make sound business sense? Probably. Should it be referred to as 'unacceptable' for him to look like that. Not really, IMO.

And, tbh, whilst some of his fans are being a bit silly in asserting all the time that he isn't balding, I am becoming increasingly uncomfortable with how much people in the rest of fandom, especially Chris fans, are focusing on this. It makes our fandom look arseholes. We can't complain about people making nasty comments about Chris' teeth, voice, nose, whatever and then think going on and on about Darren's appearance is ok. He isn't my cup of tea, I don't find him attractive, particularly talented or interesting and I find a lot of his fans bloody annoying but I'm not going to sink to the basest level. No need. I may rant occasionally in chat to my friends or on private boards about his fans or whatever but generally on my blog and public places I ignore him and them. I don't get why more Chris fans can't do that.
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/30/2013, 9:05 pm

fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/30/2013, 9:07 pm

my family (from father and mother's sides) are all bald. so my son won't be able to escape the wrath of mpb one day. but then, there are a lot of bald men especially among the intellectuals and the powerful. it doesn't affect their ability to make money or gain positions.

so, as long as a guy has enough self- confidence and not too bothered by his genetics, he will be just fine.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 6/30/2013, 9:39 pm

Georgette888 wrote:
tanita_mors wrote:honestly, this is the 21st century. he should just have a hair transplant (and i hope he does because it's nothing to be ashamed off, especially in the silicone valley), unless he plans to shave his head, because i find it unacceptable for a young man of his status and spotlight to look like that. i have friends at collage who are already half bald, but they aren't professional actors.

Hmm. I'm uncomfortable with that assertion, tbh, because substitute man / woman who is overweight or someone with a big nose or someone... You get the point. Would it make sound business sense? Probably. Should it be referred to as 'unacceptable' for him to look like that. Not really, IMO.

And, tbh, whilst some of his fans are being a bit silly in asserting all the time that he isn't balding, I am becoming increasingly uncomfortable with how much people in the rest of fandom, especially Chris fans, are focusing on this. It makes our fandom look arseholes. We can't complain about people making nasty comments about Chris' teeth, voice, nose, whatever and then think going on and on about Darren's appearance is ok. He isn't my cup of tea, I don't find him attractive, particularly talented or interesting and I find a lot of his fans bloody annoying but I'm not going to sink to the basest level. No need. I may rant occasionally in chat to my friends or on private boards about his fans or whatever but generally on my blog and public places I ignore him and them. I don't get why more Chris fans can't do that.

Thank you.  I agree with you, 100%.  I think some of the petty hating is getting out of hand.  It's fine if someone doesn't like Darren, for whatever reason, but it's stooping pretty low to consistently attack him over little things, especially something like his hair.  I know it hurts me and makes me angry when I see nasty comments about Chris's teeth and how he never shows them when he smiles or sings. That's something he was born with, and he shouldn't have to change.  I imagine Darren fans feel the same when people make a big deal about his hair, etc.  

Not trying to police the board or anything.  I respect the forum's policy to talk about whatever, whenever, as long as we're respectful to each other.  And venting our rage and frustration about certain things is better than bottling it in all the time.  But I do find it really depressing that our Chris and Kurt-focused forum seems to talk more often about the many ways they hate Blaine, Darren, and Glee in general - than celebrating and talking about our love for Chris and Kurt. (The exception being the Chris sub-forum, which is usually pretty positive and active).  I realize Kurt's (and therefore Chris's) terrible treatment in the last season of Glee and built up resentment from other storylines is where a lot of the bitterness and hopelessness comes from, but even so....
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  angelnessa 6/30/2013, 10:11 pm

Lord knows I am quite guilty of picking on Darren's looks on the few sites where I hang out. I've been hand slapped for it once or twice as well. In my defense, and the defense of others who do the same, I think much of that stems from the show, various media outlets, and a very vocal part of the fandom always lauding Darren/Blaine for their attractiveness and desirability, with Chris/Kurt always coming in second, or worst. When we can visually see that Darren isn't all that when it comes to the standard Hollywood definition of attractiveness, it's hard not to point it out when the show/media/fans keep trying to sell it to us. Chris isn't the standard Hollywood definition of attractive either (and thank goodness for that - I think he's one of the most uniquely beautiful humans alive), but very few people/groups are trying to constantly convince us that he is, outside of our own little standom.

I'm going to really try to be nicer and not knock on Darren so much, even though there are many reasons I do not particularly care for him, nor do I find him attractive. But sometimes he (and his stans) just make it too easy fanny2 .
angelnessa
angelnessa
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 6/30/2013, 10:22 pm

Oh, believe me, I find all the Darren = Adonis crap nauseating in the extreme. It's just that sometimes I think people go too far in refuting it. I just would like Chris' fans to have a good rep, not one of us being arses.
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  angelnessa 6/30/2013, 10:31 pm

Georgette888 wrote:Oh, believe me, I find all the Darren = Adonis crap nauseating in the extreme. It's just that sometimes I think people go too far in refuting it. I just would like Chris' fans to have a good rep, not one of us being arses.

I agree, I just think the frustration and the need to vent overwhelmes some of us at times. It will be a glorious day when Chris doesn't have to be attached to Darren anymore, but unfortunately it looks like we have to grin (groan) and bear it for two more years. By that time Chris's hotness, which seems to compound on itself every year, will be universally acknowledged, and he'll be named Sexiest Man Alive fanny2 .
angelnessa
angelnessa
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  TimF 7/1/2013, 12:32 am

The thing is Colfergirl, Georgette, sometimes it's okay to be bitter. It's hard to gush about the awesomeness of Kurt when Glee is trying (and failing miserably) to tell us the Blaine is the hotter, better gay. I'd love to be the pinnacle of positivity all the time and pretend that I'm somehow above the pettiness of making fun of DC, but sadly sometimes I'm just moved to do so. Truthfully I couldn't care less about the man's ever failing hairline, it just annoys me when I'm forced to endure his mediocre acting and singing while the character I love is silenced and forgotten in the background.  So I pick on a physical attribute that quickly refutes the claims of his omgmegafoxyhot....and other unnecessary rhetorical adjectives pertaining to his looks. Truth time, he's not hot or particularly talented at the things his stans would swear to. It's not like we are all over the Internet slamming the guy as his stans do to Kurt. We are here, amongst our fellow stans who don't care for DC generally. Being the bigger person is fun for the public, but sometimes in the relative privacy of this forum it's okay to be a little snarky.
TimF
TimF
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/1/2013, 12:59 am

^ totally agree!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 7/1/2013, 1:35 am

I can see both sides of this topic.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 7/1/2013, 1:46 am

That is why I love this thread.

Everything I say in her should not be taken seriously, I am just venting. I think that is what the point of this thread is. If it was hate I would be blogging about it on my tumblr page and going into to Darren haters ask boxes and saying I agree with them, but I don't because I don't hate Darren or anyone on the show. Not even the newbies.

I don't even like the hatred that I see about Darren on tumblr and have avoided it. I have told one that I don't hate Darren as she was saying some vile stuff, and told her that it wasn't right to say things like that.

I have seen worse things about Chris then what we say about Darren.

I remember the second season, one Darren stan posted that she didn't like Darren kissing Chris because she was worried about Chris giving him aids. :angry: 

Then there was another blog that said some degrading stuff and really sick stuff about Chris, that almost turned my stomach, and was going to start a petition to save Darren, so he wouldn't have to work with the diseased ridden f*g.

This was again during season 2.

These were Darren stans.

I know some of these fans are probably now more better educated, might have maybe met Chris and could even be fans of his now, but considering what we discuss here, it is definitely not as bad as what these type of stans said about Chris.

But again two wrongs don't make a right, so I am bit perplexed what to do. I don't like making fun of people, but I am making fun or Darren.

His stans make it so easy to make fun of him as well as the writers, but then Darren isn't his stans and he can't tell the writers how to write Blaine.

ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  opals 7/1/2013, 1:52 am

It's a shame, really. I know that I started out liking Darren quite a bit. Sure, he was never the strongest actor on the show and nowhere near as good a singer as his stans would have everyone believe, but he is a charismatic, sometimes charming, performer with a pleasant pop voice.

His stans do piss me the hell off, however. I can easily understand why it's so easy to point out Darren's hairline (or increasing lack thereof)  after the terrible bashing of Oliver  for looking "old". And don't get me started on some of the nasty things they've said about Chris. It makes me sick just thinking about it.

I do think it helps to remember it's not Darren's faults some of his more vocal fans are jack asses. I actually feel sorry for him to an extent. I think those rabid stans of his are gonna wind up hurting his career more than helping it. I'm not sure anyone outside of his little fanbase takes him seriously.
opals
opals
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 7/1/2013, 1:57 am

I personally hate Blaine and Klaine, I am very bitter about both of them so I can admit I enjoy that this is the place when I can make fun of those or meet some similar thinking people. I know very likeable Klainers on Gleeforum but unfortunately our totally different POV on things makes it sometimes hard to want communicate... Glee unfortunately stopped being my pleasure long time ago and I cannot help but feel very sad and bitter the unique show I used to love with original characters turned into bad written ordinary high school tv show with bland characters. So unforunately there is much more things I can complain about than be excited about. And furthermore Blaine, Klaine and overall Glee is fictional... Darren on other hand...I admit the amount of time Chris's fans on the internet take to constantly ridicule every thing he does or says even if it has nothing to do with Glee and mostly picking on his appearance makes me uncomfortable. I know this is place for it - Snark&Bark - and it would be easy to just avoid this thread but curious person that I am I always worried that I miss conversation about some important topic to me..

(I know we make fun of Darren's stans and some of them are really embarrassing but unfortunately Chris's stans don't have very good reputation either)
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 7/1/2013, 2:17 am

arina wrote:I personally hate Blaine and Klaine, I am very bitter about both of them so I can admit I enjoy that this is the place when I can make fun of those or meet some similar thinking people. I know very likeable Klainers on Gleeforum but unfortunately our totally different POV on things makes it sometimes hard to want communicate... Glee unfortunately stopped being my pleasure long time ago and I cannot help but feel very sad and bitter the unique show I used to love with original characters turned into bad written ordinary high school tv show with bland characters. So unforunately there is much more things I can complain about than be excited about. And furthermore Blaine, Klaine and overall Glee is fictional... Darren on other hand...I admit the amount of time Chris's fans on the internet take to constantly ridicule every thing he does or says even if it has nothing to do with Glee and mostly picking on his appearance makes me uncomfortable. I know this is place for it - Snark&Bark - and it would be easy to just avoid this thread but curious person that I am I always worried that I miss conversation about some important topic to me..

(I know we make fun of Darren's stans and some of them are really embarrassing but unfortunately Chris's stans don't have very good reputation either)

That is why I don't join in the hate that see posted on my dashboard.

The stuff about Blaine I agree with, but if it is Darren, no don't go there.

At least the hate for Chris has lessened, but I think that during season 4 fans started finding their voice and found the guts to criticise Darren, and now Chris stans want to get their own back and are doing so, but the thing is they are getting nasty with fans that are telling them to stop.

One Chris stan told a Darren stan to kill themselves in their ask box. But at least some Chris stans told them to stop and that Chris wouldn't like it knowing a fan said this.

Thankfully they stopped.

You get bad fans, stans in anyone's fandom.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 7/1/2013, 5:17 am

I understand both sides of this argument. I try to give Darren a certain respect and don’t want to bash him. However, there is most certainly a chance I didn’t manage that in the past. So far I talked a bit about his bald spot, but didn’t make fun of it. I observed and even pitied him. However I am only in the Glee fandom since a year and believe I missed the bigger and harsher fandom wars between Blarren and Kurt fans. I mean, I just learnt during S2 FF writers had to use WARNINGS to inform readers when Kurt was during sexual encounters a top. I mean: WTF??! But when it comes to his public persona and acting/singing skills, I have no problem to point out the negative points.

In my opinion Darren is partly responsible for his negative imagine among Kurt and Glee fans. I stand firm by my belief he knows the fandom best and he used it in the past. I harshly blame him for encouraging CC shippers. I am convinced he did that on purpose. I harshly blame him that he only acknowledged his girlfriend of years after Chris was obviously in a relationship, and he couldn’t ride his tails anymore. I blame him for trying to upstage Chris / other Glee stars when it wasn’t his moment to shine. I dislike him for being so hungry for the camera that he attends all events and makes ridiculous moves to get interviews. I resent his management team who claim his tour is sold out when it is everything but. I am very sorry, but Darren is very much responsible for his image. On top, that he got shoved down our throats at Glee, where we constantly get told he is the best, most talented, most beautiful human being, while Kurt got treated like a second-choice bastard. That is especially frustrating as it is not deserved. No, he is not the best singer and actor on Glee. He only has a very loud fanbase. He and the Newbies killed the 4th season.

Currently I can sense there is a major change towards the perception of Darren. The comments on various internet websites started to get really harsh and many non-Kurt fans also seem to get tired of him and Blaine. So yes, I am happy that I can let some of my frustration out somewhere. It is the snark and bark thread and Darren very much wants to be in the spotlight. I am sorry, but then he also has to deal with the negative sides.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 7/1/2013, 6:00 am

I have no problem with people judging Darren's actions and commenting on them. Poking fun at an appearance issue though just seems pointlessly mean. I think there is a difference between a well reasoned post on tumblr about how his behaviour or words feels problematic to someone and a post saying Darren is an ugly balding fuck. One feels warranted. The other seems stupid and base. I have seen both from Chris fans and I may 'like' one but the other makes me feel queasy and feel that we cannot turn around and condemn comments that have been made about Chris' appearance very easily. I mean, I can technically because I don't make those types of posts about Darren but I know that people don't differentiate between fans. That is just my position, to clarify. Sinking to the level of the worst fans of others doesn't sit well with me, tbh. What others do is up to them but I wanted to say how I felt.
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 7/1/2013, 6:18 am

Georgette888 wrote:I have no problem with people judging Darren's actions and commenting on them. Poking fun at an appearance issue though just seems pointlessly mean. I think there is a difference between a well reasoned post on tumblr about how his behaviour or words feels problematic to someone and a post saying Darren is an ugly balding fuck. One feels warranted. The other seems stupid and base. I have seen both from Chris fans and I may 'like' one but the other makes me feel queasy and feel that we cannot turn around and condemn comments that have been made about Chris' appearance very easily. I mean, I can technically because I don't make those types of posts about Darren but I know that people don't differentiate between fans. That is just my position, to clarify. Sinking to the level of the worst fans of others doesn't sit well with me, tbh. What others do is up to them but I wanted to say how I felt.

Yup, I agree with this. Sometimes it is a very fine line and sometimes all of us overstep certain boundaries because we get mad. Especially because we know how Chris sometimes get treated and how unfair others can be. But I agree making fun of his apperance isn't nice and isn't fair either. However, as I said, once it is about Darren's actions all claws are out. I have no problems to point them out and judge them harshly.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 7/1/2013, 6:50 am

Lottie2303 wrote:
Georgette888 wrote:I have no problem with people judging Darren's actions and commenting on them. Poking fun at an appearance issue though just seems pointlessly mean. I think there is a difference between a well reasoned post on tumblr about how his behaviour or words feels problematic to someone and a post saying Darren is an ugly balding fuck. One feels warranted. The other seems stupid and base. I have seen both from Chris fans and I may 'like' one but the other makes me feel queasy and feel that we cannot turn around and condemn comments that have been made about Chris' appearance very easily. I mean, I can technically because I don't make those types of posts about Darren but I know that people don't differentiate between fans. That is just my position, to clarify. Sinking to the level of the worst fans of others doesn't sit well with me, tbh. What others do is up to them but I wanted to say how I felt.

Yup, I agree with this. Sometimes it is a very fine line and sometimes all of us overstep certain boundaries because we get mad. Especially because we know how Chris sometimes get treated and how unfair others can be. But I agree making fun of his apperance isn't nice and isn't fair either. However, as I said, once it is about Darren's actions all claws are out. I have no problems to point them out and judge them harshly.

Same here.

I have countless of times let my anger over run what I what I write and comes out extremely angry and negative, as his actions and attitude have more than just grated on me.

I can be infuriated by someone like him, but then I just start to think we all suffer for our actions. As Darren will eventually, not that I want to see that happen, only that I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  glimmerle 7/1/2013, 7:09 am

I don't think Darren deserves being mocked for his genes (as opposed to something he can decide about intentionally), but I don't feel sorry for some of his fans getting a taste of their own medicine.
glimmerle
glimmerle
Llama
Llama

http://glimmerle.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 7/1/2013, 8:40 am

my hair transplant is a purely professional comment (that is what his agent/manager/pr person will end up telling him), not to mention that i don't like to see young balding guys. i just don't. it's a personal preference. as i've said numerous times, i have nothing against darren criss. i don't know him and happen to think he is a very good looking guy. he isn't the best looking in the world aka. adonis, but i see the appeal. as i said, for some reason, baldness on younger men irritates me. either do a hair transplant like wayne rooney, or just shave your head/have a very short hair cut. ultimately, it's his decision and i certainly won't lose any sleep if he leaves it like it is.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MissSoniaPP 7/1/2013, 9:35 am

glimmerle wrote:I don't think Darren deserves being mocked for his genes (as opposed to something he can decide about intentionally), but I don't feel sorry for some of his fans getting a taste of their own medicine.
This banzai 
Darren Criss fans :angry: 
MissSoniaPP
MissSoniaPP
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 7/1/2013, 10:23 am

I know that I've said some harsh things about Darren and once or twice (at least) I've made comments about his appearance (which I will admit is not very nice of me) but more often than not what I have been chiefly critical of is Darren's behavior, which in the end is what turned me off of him. I tried very hard not to hold the behavior of his fans against him (because crazy fans are obnoxious no matter who they stan), and while I never thought he was the sexiest thing going, I didn't find Darren's appearance objectionable for the most part. I do not get why so many seem to find him so sexy, but everyone's got their own tastes.

Darren going bald is not something he has any control over and, IMO, going after him on that is petty. I will agree that it is going to cause him signifigant problems if he doesn't undergo treatment because while being bald is hardly a roadblock to a robust career (as Sean Conery, Patrick Stewart and Bruce Willis are proof of), Darren's career at this stage is primarily centered on being at teen idol with a generaly young (teen and early 20s) fanbase. And with the focus on him being as much about his appearence as his... well, let's just say his talent... it's a problem. But it's not something that I will ridicule him for.

There are plenty of reasons for me not to like Darren, but losing his hair isn't one of them.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/1/2013, 10:30 am

i don't care enough for DC and even less for his hair (or lack of).
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next