Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12

+33
Piciollina
fantastica
Delight
TimF
CloveGlee
ariel189
sahhar
AnneNeville
ladydianab
ColferGirl
coxfire
sjonnepon
SippyCupofLuv
Ireth
M&M
crazypumpkin
glimmerle
tanita_mors
Ranwing
Jellyrolls
ColferInspired
rooszie
Divalicious
brisallie
Glorfindel
MoviesAreLife
valkeakuulas
Lottie2303
ChrisColferFan1
arina
colfhummel
sheny
BigDestiny
37 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12 - Page 35 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12

Post  ColferInspired 4/30/2013, 6:56 am

sheny wrote:Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12 - Page 35 Tumblr_mm1d1jMBNI1qcy3j9o1_500

From the new promo.

Mmm, Kurt looks like he is smirking and Blaine doesn't look all that happy. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12 - Page 35 650269930

But then come the episode and the scene plays out it will be completely different to what I am hoping. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12 - Page 35 357632081
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12 - Page 35 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12

Post  SippyCupofLuv 4/30/2013, 7:48 am

Lottie2303 wrote:Interesting theory of you guys that the entire riot is just PR. Now it is there safest bet Kurtsies, Klainers and Kadamers switch on. In case it is not PR, this guy did them a favor and should get some money. I don't think FOX is that aware yet the Kurt doesn't equal Klaine.

But the outbursts are hilarious. Considering how many times Klaine got fooled this season... It looks like a pattern Twisted Evil

I think we should MAKE sure they become aware. VERY aware. Especially after the finale and before they complete any casting agreements and any work starts on S5.

Odds are they already have in mind what they want,. But as long as WE're polite and positive, it can't hurt to either reinforce their direction if it is indeed ultimately a NY-only/majority focus and/or Adam in S5 for love-triangle drama (or 'just because', because they would be idiots not to use him in whatever capacity they could.)

... Or to nudge them in the right direction by solidly informing them Kurtsie=/= Klaine, and in actuality Kurtsie is extremely likely to = ANTI-Klaine, with few exceptions. And that while Kurtsie =/= Kadamite entirely either, Kadamite = Kurtsie in most cases.

Plus, making sure they know that those who are Kadam fans also love Adam FOR Adam and Oliver, like we love Kurt FOR Kurt and Chris.

I really don't get why Klainers are so smug considering how hard they've been trolled and trolled and trolled this season.... but then again they barely realize they have been, since they think CWM was GOOD for Klaine, and same with 'I Do' and AAO, etc... And they don't seem to get that Tina and her Blaine-obsession was parodying them, almost word-for-word at times.

Just proves they only read the barest surface of the narrative/scenes (basically , "omg! Darren's soooo cute!!!11 Kurt is sooooo lucky!!!!" *squeee!*) Case in point: this whole proposal nonsense. Although some Klainers are even "hell no!" about it BUT most of them still don't see that Klaine even getting back together is bad, especially for Kurt.

SippyCupofLuv
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/30/2013, 8:30 am

valkeakuulas wrote:The Hudmels, we probably would have even had Finn in there wub

I'd love to see that, but Mike O'Malley said he shot the scene last week, and Cory was released from rehab some days ago. So I don't think so he's in the scene. But anyways, I'm so exciting for this, is been a LONG time since Kurt had a scene with Burt and Carol.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/30/2013, 9:01 am

i just now had the chance to listen to this weeks music and boy am i NOT a steve wonder fan. i don't like any of the songs or any of the interpretations. including chris's. he sounds good, but it's nothing to write home about on the whole. also, why is the arrangement of each song so loud. i can barely hear the singers. on the hwole a very weak musical week. not a single song worth of re-listening. for me at least.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 4/30/2013, 9:05 am

SippyCupofLuv wrote:I think we should MAKE sure they become aware. VERY aware. Especially after the finale and before they complete any casting agreements and any work starts on S5.

Odds are they already have in mind what they want,. But as long as WE're polite and positive, it can't hurt to either reinforce their direction if it is indeed ultimately a NY-only/majority focus and/or Adam in S5 for love-triangle drama (or 'just because', because they would be idiots not to use him in whatever capacity they could.)

... Or to nudge them in the right direction by solidly informing them Kurtsie=/= Klaine, and in actuality Kurtsie is extremely likely to = ANTI-Klaine, with few exceptions. And that while Kurtsie =/= Kadamite entirely either, Kadamite = Kurtsie in most cases.

Plus, making sure they know that those who are Kadam fans also love Adam FOR Adam and Oliver, like we love Kurt FOR Kurt and Chris.

I really don't get why Klainers are so smug considering how hard they've been trolled and trolled and trolled this season.... but then again they barely realize they have been, since they think CWM was GOOD for Klaine, and same with 'I Do' and AAO, etc... And they don't seem to get that Tina and her Blaine-obsession was parodying them, almost word-for-word at times.

Just proves they only read the barest surface of the narrative/scenes (basically , "omg! Darren's soooo cute!!!11 Kurt is sooooo lucky!!!!" *squeee!*) Case in point: this whole proposal nonsense. Although some Klainers are even "hell no!" about it BUT most of them still don't see that Klaine even getting back together is bad, especially for Kurt.

I actually think the Kurt fandom is already getting very loud. Also the GA starts to get very sick of Blaine, as it obvious in comments and discussion boards. I mean, the audience really starts to despise him as character. My only fear is that they try to emotionally prop Blaine by connecting him with Kurt again. Chris is such a great actor, anyone involved with him shines, no matter how minor/major the role. For instance, I suspect the character of Dave would have been dismissed within a very short amount of time, if it wouldn’t have been for the fact how great the two acted along each other.

Also, I start to witness the Kurt fandom gets really tired. Many fans are just exhausted to constantly fight for everything related to Kurt and that we always have to accept that his success/happiness is secondary compared to Rachel/Blaine. I bitch so much but I also can feel my emotions towards Glee are wavering. It is just a TV show at the very end and I can only go so far with my loyalty towards a character. Including a character/actor I truly love and will be very hard to give up on.

FOX truly dismisses a large chunk of fandom by focusing so hard on Klaine. They also must be aware somehow that Blaine isn’t that popular but they refuse to accept it for whatever reason. The hate on K(B)laine on Tumblr is staggering. Facebook, while populate by Klainers, also has always sane fans calling out the bullshit of the show. FOX knows, but they don’t really seem to care. I believe the only way they will truly accept the failure when the Kurt fandom starts to switch off. That may not only happen, it will happen. I suspect the summer may be very calm in regards of Kurt that will only mean that fanbase switched off. Just looking at this very board, many started to mention or think loudly to switch off. We are all a bit in ‘goodbye mood’ and we aren’t the only ones. The last episodes will be last bit of patience I will give to FOX. Considering it is all about the proposal and Blaines emotions once again, I don’t have high hopes.

FOX is killing their show by focusing on the wrong characters. Let them deal with the outcome. I will be happy to witness Chris to continue his career, but I don’t have any expectations anymore that he will ever truly be allowed to shine again as Kurt. That ship has sailed a very long time ago.

BTW great point about parading the Klaine fandom with Tina. Never thought of that. It is an hilarious point. However FOX still takes Klaine far too seriously, so in the long run it won’t matter. But you are correct about Klainers being very smug for no reason at all. They got trolled all season long. Why do they expect differently for the finale, especially because it is such a obvious troll trap?
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/30/2013, 10:41 am

AnneNeville wrote::It would be nice if someone compiled a list of their claims. I'm not sure I believe. But I am not sure I DISbelieve.
At your service fanny2 :

- Regionals is a cliffhanger. (no surprise here)
- Funny Girl is a cliffhanger. Rachel will not drop out of NYADA in this episode.
- Kurt says "my boyfriend Adam" at the Breadstix dinner with the lesbian couple, and this is the reason why Blaine does not propose, but he keeps the ring. (that's Klaine's cliffhanger)
- The older lesbian couple will get engaged.
- No Burt in 4x22.
- Kurt will get no focus or set-up for season 5 in 4x22. (*sigh*)
- Finn's absence will be explained as being too busy at college. (how inventive)
- Brittany is the one who will be leaving for good, and she will get a warm farewell.
- Brittany did graduate last year (or was able to graduate but failed on purpose, not clear) but didn't tell anyone because she didn't want to leave McKinley. (really Glee, really?)
- Tina informs Santana about Brittany. Santana sends Brittany on her way now and she goes to MIT.
- No Bram. No Brittana hugs either.
- Unique is the catfisher. (surprise? I don't think so). Ryder and her end up as friends.
- Jake knows that Marley will pretend to be the catfisher.
- Kitty has a romantic interest in Artie.
- Wemma get married off-screen. (poor Wemma shippers: they really got robbed of their big moment this season)

Last edited by Glorfindel on 4/30/2013, 11:04 am; edited 2 times in total
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 4/30/2013, 10:42 am

FanofChrisC&MaxA1 wrote:
sheny wrote:
“I just finished shooting last week… two beautiful scenes… and they’re just awesome. I got to do one with Chris and Romy Rosemont, who plays my wife on the show, and with Darren Criss… a beautiful scene at the school.”
— Mike O’Malley, Gold Derby Interview
Source

Yay there will be scene with Kurt, Burt and Carole

I hope I read that right and Blaine is not in the scene with Kurt a Burt and Carole.

It's phrased ambiguously--I think NOT on purpose (I think that this not the "vague spoiler" syndrome but just muddled syntax). I'm guessing that one scene is the Darren "I want to marry Kurt" scene (which seemed to be backstage at McKinley).

That gets one out of the way. Then there are two options: Mike counted the choir room scene where Kurt sings to him as a scene (and Carole is there, too), or there is the choir room scene PLUS some short dialogue scene between Kurt, Burt, and Carole. I hope it is the latter. I fear it is the former.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 4/30/2013, 10:51 am

Glorfindel wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:It would be nice if someone compiled a list of their claims. I'm not sure I believe. But I am not sure I DISbelieve.
At your service fanny2 :

- Funny Girl is a cliffhanger. Rachel will not drop out of NYADA in this episode.
- Kurt says "my boyfriend Adam" at the Breadstix dinner with the lesbian couple, and this is the reason why Blaine does not propose, but he keeps the ring. (that's Klaine's cliffhanger)
- No Burt in 4x22.
- Finn's absence will be explained as being too busy at college. (how inventive)
- Brittany is the one who will be leaving for good, and she will get a warm farewell.
- Brittany did graduate last year (or was able to graduate but failed on purpose, not clear) but didn't tell anyone because she didn't want to leave McKinley. (really Glee, really?)
- Tina informs Santana about Brittany. Santana sends Brittany on her way now and she goes to MIT.
- Unique is the catfisher. (surprise? I don't think so). Ryder and her end up as friends.
- Wemma get married off-screen. (poor Wemma shippers: they really got robbed of their big moment this season)

Thank you! I will be curious to see how many of these turn out to be correct. I think some of them will, whether or not the spoiler was legit, because the writers on Glee are not the least bit inventive (I mean, they couldn't decide who the catfisher was, then made it Unique, whom everyone was guessing, instead of Kitty, with whom Ryder now has a common tie?).

Chord Overstreet has apparently publicly stated that the outcome of Nationals is NOT a cliffhanger. So, as my anonymous ask pointed out to me, spoiler-person has been called into question.

Of course, spoiler-person's veracity was always in question, and as I pointed out here, Glee goes to great lengths to keep things under wraps (remember the photographs of the dummies I posted the other day--so they'd have fewer extras in the regionals scene?). I still think that there were probably multiple endings to the script.

If there is NO truth to this, then I don't know why GoBR, Joaquin, and Chord all had to speak out against the spoilers.

If this situation has done nothing else, it has revealed how shoddy and misleading the "official" spoiler sources are. Hopefully, the Powers that Be will stop baiting the fans now. The genius of eggshellsrs, if eggshellsrs made everything up is that s/he created spoilers that fit neatly into what the "official spoilers" have outlined--without making ANY of the targeted fandoms (Klaine, Brittana) happy.

Eggshellsrs, if a troll, has shown that RIB, Joaquin, GoBR, and the cast members are even bigger trolls, under the cover of saying "i just think you should know the truth."

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/30/2013, 11:05 am

^GOBr is coming down hard on this tumblr person, and that's quite significant methinks. saispa
A compilation of their massages:

(songbirdsaresinging = GOBr person:)

It's Gi from GOBR, let's be honest here, we both know you are lying, and if you don't know, I can say that your "source" is fake. Of course that one or two things you said you got right because they are obvious and you just guessed. Giving fake spoilers to screw with fans is just cruel and it's not right. So, I suggest that you shut this down before things turn bad to you. That's just a suggestion, hope you are wise enough to follow it, bye Wink.
songbirdsaresinging

what did i guess then? you are screwing with fans too and you know it

----------------------------------------------

Just by saiyng "what did I guess then" you just confirmed that you are creating spoilers praying that some of them are right, and that you don't even know what you guessed. If you are part of glee fandom, specially the klaine fandom, you know that if you mess with them, giving them fake spoilers they will be affected , that's why we (GOBR) don't lie or create fake spoilers 'cause we know our fandom, and that's just a cruel thing to do. So again, be wise enough to follow advices.
songbirdsaresinging

no i was pointing out that you and i both know what i “guessed” right and its not going to make fandom happy. im being nicer to them than you are so dont pretend that you care about klainers feelings

if you have balls enough, show me your face and we can talk privately, so we can both put things down face to face. Smile
songbirdsaresinging

you want a picture of me?
why do you want to talk privately if you told everyone im lying?

you don't get it??? You're playing with people's life and feelings, the spoilers are fake. Even if you don't believe, just keep it to yourself. I'm so waiting till people watch the episode and see all your lies. I can garantee you that you will not go out of this in a good way. I'm done playing nice with you, you have your "source", and we have our power. Let's play and see who's stronger. Wink
songbirdsaresinging

its not life its tv. you keep telling me to keep it myself for a reason and we both know why.
we will see Wink

=====================================
=====================================

(builtmylifearoundyou = different GOBr person:)

You should follow the advices that people give you, just saying Wink
builtmylifearoundyou

is that a threat

Yes, it sure is
builtmylifearoundyou

sorry you dont want fans to know the real spoilers but im not going to lie like you

I don't lie to fans, I don't even give spoilers even though I know them, 'cause I know that's GOBR's job, and not yours. If you were at leat saying true spoilers, we wouldn't care so much, but you are giving some fake stuff! And that's cruel. So fuck off bitch
builtmylifearoundyou

people give fake spoilers all the time and you dont message them. why me? i think we both know the answer

We don't ? I think you missed the time when we shuted down two blogs because of fake spoilers.
builtmylifearoundyou

they left because they were lying. you didnt shut them down.

They were wise enough to shut it down themselves before things got worse.
builtmylifearoundyou

im scared
Wow, this person is sure keeping his/her cool. No matter if this person is lying, GOBr is losing face and sympathy fast, the way they are behaving, even sending threats.
I should be offended that this tumblr person thinks that Adam is ugly, but it is also kind of funny in a twisted way. Razz
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 4/30/2013, 11:18 am

I wonder whether eggshellsrs will show up again today, or if they've done their bit and will now disappear. They are indeed making GoBR, if not the other spoiler sources, look bad.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  SippyCupofLuv 4/30/2013, 11:41 am

AnneNeville wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:It would be nice if someone compiled a list of their claims. I'm not sure I believe. But I am not sure I DISbelieve.
At your service fanny2 :

- No Burt in 4x22.

Thank you! I will be curious to see how many of these turn out to be correct. I think some of them will, whether or not the spoiler was legit, because the writers on Glee are not the least bit inventive (I mean, they couldn't decide who the catfisher was, then made it Unique, whom everyone was guessing, instead of Kitty, with whom Ryder now has a common tie?).

Chord Overstreet has apparently publicly stated that the outcome of Nationals is NOT a cliffhanger. So, as my anonymous ask pointed out to me, spoiler-person has been called into question.

Of course, spoiler-person's veracity was always in question, and as I pointed out here, Glee goes to great lengths to keep things under wraps (remember the photographs of the dummies I posted the other day--so they'd have fewer extras in the regionals scene?). I still think that there were probably multiple endings to the script.

If there is NO truth to this, then I don't know why GoBR, Joaquin, and Chord all had to speak out against the spoilers.

If this situation has done nothing else, it has revealed how shoddy and misleading the "official" spoiler sources are. Hopefully, the Powers that Be will stop baiting the fans now. The genius of eggshellsrs, if eggshellsrs made everything up is that s/he created spoilers that fit neatly into what the "official spoilers" have outlined--without making ANY of the targeted fandoms (Klaine, Brittana) happy.

Eggshellsrs, if a troll, has shown that RIB, Joaquin, GoBR, and the cast members are even bigger trolls, under the cover of saying "i just think you should know the truth."

Actually the way it's phrased in the article, it can be taken as the Regionals result is or isn't a cliffhanger. It looks like the interviewer may have poorly paraphrased what Chord said and maybe misinterpreted.

Here's the section it's discussed:

"5. Cliffhangers? Resolution? The season four finale will provide lots of both. "The season finale is more of a midpoint storyline," Overstreet previews. "This season has been more of a journey and emotional roller coaster and one that needed more time." Overstreet says next season will continue where this year left off -- but "you will find out who wins Regionals." Also settled in the finale: Who's "Catfishing" Ryder (Blake Jenner), which Overstreet says will provide for plenty of dramatic moments. On the flipside, "There's a cliffhanger with Blaine which is pretty interesting, and another cliffhanger with a few other characters that are going to leave people wondering what's next. It's one of those finales that's going to be picked right up when season five begins."

It's also possible that if, as they stated, eggshellsrs spolier source is someone who's seen the script, that the Regionals outcome wasn't IN the script. RIB have filmed multiple competition outcomes before.

SippyCupofLuv
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 4/30/2013, 11:45 am

Chord Overstreet Interview - I guess this is the one that "disproves" eggshellsrs spoilers. Excerpts:

5. Cliffhangers? Resolution? The season four finale will provide lots of both. "The season finale is more of a midpoint storyline," Overstreet previews. "This season has been more of a journey and emotional roller coaster and one that needed more time." Overstreet says next season will continue where this year left off -- but "you will find out who wins Regionals." Also settled in the finale: Who's "Catfishing" Ryder (Blake Jenner), which Overstreet says will provide for plenty of dramatic moments. On the flipside, "There's a cliffhanger with Blaine which is pretty interesting, and another cliffhanger with a few other characters that are going to leave people wondering what's next. It's one of those finales that's going to be picked right up when season five begins."

So, according to Chord:

1. We find out who wins Regionals.
2. Blaine gets a "pretty interesting" cliffhanger.
3. There are a few other characters who have "a cliffhanger" (not sure if he means several characters have their own cliffhanger, or a bunch of characters have the same cliffhanger.
4. The first episode of Season 5 picks up right where this one lets off.

The way both Chord and eggshellsrs could be telling the truth: New Directions and Hosierdaddies (whatever) TIE, and they have to do a flash sing-off which we see next fall.

8. Sam's wise words. As his best friend Blaine prepares to pop the question to Kurt (Chris Colfer), Overstreet -- whose Sam faux married Brittany earlier this season -- will be his support system. "Sam is one of those guys who's a sweet guy and is always there for people -- he's encouraging and he's wise beyond his years. He's always supportive but he does try to be the voice of reason," Overstreet says, noting that people change a lot between the ages of 18 and 25. "If it were me and it was my friend about to propose in high school, I'd tell him to wait and see."

Chord hasn't noticed that RIB have ruined his character yet . . . anyway:

1. Sam is a supportive friend.
2. But he's not stupid. He's the voice of reason.
3. Chord says if he were in Sam's shoes, he'd tell Blaine to wait. Which doesn't really mean much . . .

This neither contradicts nor fully supports eggshellsrs's spoilers. It seems to confirm that there is a scene between Sam and Blaine, and that Sam wants to support his friend but also is the voice of reason. If anything, this leans towards supporting the spoilers.

6. Brittany's future … resolved! Sam's apparently brainy girlfriend Brittany (Heather Morris) is being wooed by MIT after her impressive SAT scores. "Brittany's story line will conclude and you'll figure out where she's going," Overstreet teases of his on-screen partner. "She comes in and out of MIT and goes back and forth and you'll see where she's headed and what's going to happen with her. It'll be an emotional episode but it will be fun." In terms of how that will impact the couple, Overstreet says that's something for season five. "It's going to be what ever is best for Brittany," he explains.

1. Brittany has been going back and forth to MIT.
2. Her storyline concludes in this episode and we know where she's going.
3. As for how Brittany's storyline will affect the couple--it's going to be whatever is best for Brittany.

Not enough to definitely say, but seems to support the spoilers: what is best for Brittany is undoubtably to go to MIT/not be dumb anymore, even if that means breaking up with Sam.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 4/30/2013, 11:52 am

That said, this is kind of like reading a horoscope--you can see whatever you want to see in these words, right?

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  SippyCupofLuv 4/30/2013, 12:03 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
Wow, this person is sure keeping his/her cool. No matter if this person is lying, GOBr is losing face and sympathy fast, the way they are behaving, even sending threats.
I should be offended that this tumblr person thinks that Adam is ugly, but it is also kind of funny in a twisted way. Razz

Anyone who thinks Adam/Oliver is "ugly" but Blaine/Darren is "hot!" or "Supermegaawesomefoxyhot!" ... I seriously question their taste and eyesight (But then if eggshellsrs is a Klainer as claimed, their taste is already questionable Wink )

I mean, really?!
Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12 - Page 35 3004_original
Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12 - Page 35 2592_original
Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12 - Page 35 3902_original
Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 12 - Page 35 3236_original

Last edited by SippyCupofLuv on 4/30/2013, 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

SippyCupofLuv
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 4/30/2013, 12:17 pm

Oliver is certainly good looking (and as Adam, he's hot, imho). That second picture, with the sepia lighting, is the perfect angle--and his makeup and hair is spot-on. I salute whomever is responsible.

Overall, Oliver has nice, regular features, but proportionally a rather small mouth and eyes. Probably, he'll have to be very careful not to gain weight, because if he does it'll really change the way he looks on camera. I'm thinking of the actor who played Tom Paris on Voyager--Robert Duncan McNeill. Very handsome when he was thin, but he quickly turned average when he put on weight.

I wonder what Oliver looks like in person. I suspect that he's your every day handsomer-than-average guy, but not someone who would make you turn your head if you passed him on the street. A lot of celebrities are that way. Only a few are really "take your breath away" handsome (even on set with all their makeup on!).

Has anyone here actually met Chris or seen him in person? I'm quite curious about how his features look when not on-camera or on screen. (For various reasons)

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/30/2013, 12:18 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Very chatty bunch here today Smile I love it!

Don't you all complain about feeling old at 25, or 26, or 31. Not when there are many of us here who are 40+

Logically, we know we are not "old". It's just the emotional transition that is hard. A 13 year old feels "old" when she is making that transition from child to teen, a 20-something feels "old" when they are leaving their teen years behind, a 30-something year old feels "old" at leaving the 20's...and so on. Smile

Also, Adam is NOT "ugly". I'm gay but I'm not blind. Oliver is not my "type" of guy (I like the pretty boys, not the more ruggedly handsome look) but he is no more "ugly" than Darren is.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 4/30/2013, 12:26 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:

Don't you all complain about feeling old at 25, or 26, or 31. Not when there are many of us here who are 40+

Logically, we know we are not "old". It's just the emotional transition that is hard. A 13 year old feels "old" when she is making that transition from child to teen, a 20-something feels "old" when they are leaving their teen years behind, a 30-something year old feels "old" at leaving the 20's...and so on. Smile

Yeah, that's true. I'm 33, and I feel a little "old" right now. But that's because I'm at a career-crisis point. Plus, my husband just turned 27 and is a little prodigy in his areas of expertise--and he gets paid well for it. He also hasn't reached the point where he has burned out on what he does. So . . . I feel old in comparison, and wonder "what the heck have I done with my life (so far)?"

Then, I talk to my mom, who is 70, and she laughs and tells me that 30 is the new 20. When Mom was 26, people refused to believe she was single and never married. They preferred to believe she was at LEAST divorced. And, according to the Oracle of My Mother, when my grandmother was my age, 30 was already old--as in "losing your looks and health" old (at least among her socio-economic bracket: poor).

It makes me smile (and cringe) to realize that at 33 and 70, my mom and I feel similar. And if you dug deep, I bet my 27 year old hubby feels similar things, too. Where is time going? Am I going to make it? Have I used my time well? Did I miss doing the things I should have done? Is there still time?

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/30/2013, 12:32 pm

AnneNeville wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:

Yeah, that's true. I'm 33, and I feel a little "old" right now. But that's because I'm at a career-crisis point. Plus, my husband just turned 27 and is a little prodigy in his areas of expertise--and he gets paid well for it. He also hasn't reached the point where he has burned out on what he does. So . . . I feel old in comparison, and wonder "what the heck have I done with my life (so far)?"

Then, I talk to my mom, who is 70, and she laughs and tells me that 30 is the new 20. When Mom was 26, people refused to believe she was single and never married. They preferred to believe she was at LEAST divorced. And, according to the Oracle of My Mother, when my grandmother was my age, 30 was already old--as in "losing your looks and health" old (at least among her socio-economic bracket: poor).

It makes me smile (and cringe) to realize that at 33 and 70, my mom and I feel similar. And if you dug deep, I bet my 27 year old hubby feels similar things, too. Where is time going? Am I going to make it? Have I used my time well? Did I miss doing the things I should have done? Is there still time?

That's all it is. It's a mindset. I'm sure someone like Chris does not feel "old"...he is such a prodigy. With all he has accomplished, he probably feels young or at least feels his age. But for those of us around his age who are maybe not doing so well? We feel "old" (I actually feel worthless, but that's another story). A Rachel Berry moment: "Look, I know I'm just a sophmore but I can feel the clock ticking away. I don't want to leave high school with nothing to show for it." And to the 40-50 year olds on here, you are not "old" either. Like I said, it's just that damned emotional transition that makes you feel that way. I don't care if it's the mid-life crisis, or the quarter life crisis (which is very real and very hard)...it's hard on everyone and it sucks. Big time. I personally swing back and forth from feeling infantile to archaic, but I never feel my actual age.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 4/30/2013, 12:42 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:

That's all it is. It's a mindset. I'm sure someone like Chris does not feel "old"...he is such a prodigy. With all he has accomplished, he probably feels young or at least feels his age. But for those of us around his age who are maybe not doing so well? We feel "old" (I actually feel worthless, but that's another story). A Rachel Berry moment: "Look, I know I'm just a sophmore but I can feel the clock ticking away. I don't want to leave high school with nothing to show for it." And to the 40-50 year olds on here, you are not "old" either. Like I said, it's just that damned emotional transition that makes you feel that way. I don't care if it's the mid-life crisis, or the quarter life crisis (which is very real and very hard)...it's hard on everyone and it sucks. Big time. I personally swing back and forth from feeling infantile to archaic, but I never feel my actual age.

Honestly, Chris could very well feel old. He has been called an "old soul" before. His sister has a similar condition to my husband's brother, and my husband was such an old soul at 21 that he and I had no problems dating even though I was 27. Chris's apparent boyfriend is 30, right?

I'd suspect that Chris might feel very old indeed. He missed out on college to go into a high-pressure career, has to navigate crazy fans and Hollywood bloodsuckers, and is, at 22 or 23, having to orchestrate a massive campaign to make sure he has some kind of career after Glee.

I hope that, after this show ends, he is able to take a nice break without losing his career. He's smart--perhaps he WOULD want to go to college. He wouldn't be the first very-young-adult-star to do so (Clare Danes, Miriam Bialiak (sp?), Fred Savage).

He's got so much weight on his shoulders, so much scrutiny. I feel rather bad for him. No one should have to go through what he's going through at such a young age.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/30/2013, 12:53 pm

AnneNeville wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:

Honestly, Chris could very well feel old. He has been called an "old soul" before. His sister has a similar condition to my husband's brother, and my husband was such an old soul at 21 that he and I had no problems dating even though I was 27. Chris's apparent boyfriend is 30, right?

I'd suspect that Chris might feel very old indeed. He missed out on college to go into a high-pressure career, has to navigate crazy fans and Hollywood bloodsuckers, and is, at 22 or 23, having to orchestrate a massive campaign to make sure he has some kind of career after Glee.

I hope that, after this show ends, he is able to take a nice break without losing his career. He's smart--perhaps he WOULD want to go to college. He wouldn't be the first very-young-adult-star to do so (Clare Danes, Miriam Bialiak (sp?), Fred Savage).

He's got so much weight on his shoulders, so much scrutiny. I feel rather bad for him. No one should have to go through what he's going through at such a young age.

You know what? I didn't think of that. You're right. All the life that he's lived so far (the good and the bad) has probably aged him somewhat.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 4/30/2013, 1:06 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:
MoviesAreLife wrote:

You know what? I didn't think of that. You're right. All the life that he's lived so far (the good and the bad) has probably aged him somewhat.

There are two options for child stars that I have seen: mature very fast, or get lost or severely messed up. I am sure there is a place in between (ie, mature very fast but still get a skewed view of the world and then face a hard awakening).

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/30/2013, 1:09 pm

And back to the spoilers:

-Brittany, Brittany, Brittany. *shakes head* What about your talk with Becky? You know, some Brittany fans were saying that she was "faking it" with her failure to graduate HS in season three, and she's trying to do the same thing here in S4?! How annoying, however, I'm not surprised. I guess this MIT joke of a storyline is just a desperate attempt to get rid of Heather for a while (the unexpected pregnancy) and since her dance storyline went to Santana because of this, they decided to send her off to MIT and make her a "genius". I won't miss her.

-I cannot tell you all how relieved I am about Blaine chickening out with the proposal. "My boyfriend, Adam." Hehehe wub uhuhu

-I'm glad Rachel is not dropping out of NYADA (yet?) but I'll admit that it would make an interesting storyline for her.

-At least Kurt will be in 4X22, even if it's just due to the proposal crap.

-Don't care about anything else.

And about Chris, it seems he has matured very fast. Then again, he's always been very mature because he had to be.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 4/30/2013, 1:10 pm

BTW, Blake Jenner was 19 when he appeared on The Glee Project. He may have turned 20 when he started shooting Glee. But he's pretty much the same age (despite looking older) as Chris was when Glee started.

Interesting, that. It's ASTONISHING how late Chris started getting tall. My hubby and I were gaping at the pictures of him standing next to Amber during Season 1 vs Season 4.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/30/2013, 1:11 pm

Chris seemed to go through a VERY late puberty of sorts. He looked and sounded about 14 years old back in 2009.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 4/30/2013, 1:27 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:And back to the spoilers:

-Brittany, Brittany, Brittany. *shakes head* What about your talk with Becky? You know, some Brittany fans were saying that she was "faking it" with her failure to graduate HS in season three, and she's trying to do the same thing here in S4?! How annoying, however, I'm not surprised. I guess this MIT joke of a storyline is just a desperate attempt to get rid of Heather for a while (the unexpected pregnancy) and since her dance storyline went to Santana because of this, they decided to send her off to MIT and make her a "genius". I won't miss her.

As for Brittany, there's long been an argument that she's actually quite intelligent. I assume that what the spoilers indicate is that she failed on purpose last year. Her talk with Becky shows she's gotten stronger. But I think that the crux of her dilemma in this episode is not "I'm afraid so I'm going to fail again on purpose" but "MIT wants me to start NOW, but if I start now, I won't be around for you guys in New Directions."

Cue second guessing her early and implausible admission and transfer to MIT. Cue Santana rushing in to save the day ("I always knew you were a genius" -- hasn't Santana said that sort of thing before?). Cue Brittany deciding that she has to take her chance, even if it means leaving New Directions one member short.

Perhaps Brittany will REALLY refuse to perform during regionals, because if Chord's spoilers are true, next fall is going to pick up EXACTLY where this season ends. That gives an interesting twist with our opposing spoilers:

- Chord: we find out who wins regionals -- Ok, that storyline can end, and the "exact moment" we return to is something else, like Rachel answering a phone call from the producers.
- Chord: we find out who wins regionals (interpreted as meaning next fall, fitting in with eggshellsrs's spoilers):

• Option A: Brittany performs, and they have already shot the results for next fall (whether it is just a reveal of who wins, or a sing/dance off).
  • Option B: Brittany doesn't perform, eliminating the problem of Heather's pregnancy when they resume shooting at the very same moment in time and Heather's suddenly in her third trimester.

- Eggshellsrs: We don't find out who wins at regionals (but it has already been shot because of HeMo's pregnancy). Or we don't find out who wins at regionals, and they have NOT shot those scenes, because they didn't have to (Brittany refused to perform because she had to report to MIT stat).

Iiiiiiiinteresting.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next